One City, One Club, One Love - A Newcastle United Story

Cracking results mate. Will be good to see how things go in the new year and if any player that interests you come up

1579019861000.png

Bill McCracken
1904-24
Defender
432 apps, 8 goals

McCracken won 3 league titles and 1 FA Cup while at Newcastle and was so successful with Frank Hudspeth at defending that the offside rule changed because of them! He won 12 caps for Ireland and 4 for Northern Ireland.

--

JANUARY

leicester.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey, Renan Lodi, Tonali, Palacios, Chiesa (Dembele), Olmo (Bellingham), Sancho (Fati), Silva*

We were cruising here until the last 15min or so when we scored an own goal and then Tonali got sent-off which made things a bit trickier.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey, Renan Lodi, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Palacios, Dembele*, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

This game seemed destined for a draw until I made a triple substitution and Gabriel Jesus duly put us in front with his 1st touch. Godfrey got his 1st goal for us and we saw the game out.

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
man utd.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey, Renan Lodi, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele (Sancho), Olmo (Bellingham), Fati, Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

We reach the semis and mainly due to Jude Bellingham. He put us in front and by the time he finished celebrating we were back level again. The match went to penalties and they missed their 1st 3 penalties and it was up to Bellingham to convert his kick to send us through which he did.

--

wham.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios*, Chiesa, Olmo, Fati (Dembele), Silva (Abraham)

A hard fought victory which was settled by a goal from Palacios. I love my CMs to bits but I wish they would score more goals! Max Aarons made his debut here.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final
lpool.png

Lineup - Onana, Pankov, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Chiesa (Dembele), Olmo (Bellingham), Fati, Silva (Abraham)

There is no 2 legged semi-final this year so we are eliminated here. We did have a few players out but I am not using that as an excuse. We actually ended the match with 10 men as I had made my 3 subs and Tonali went off injured.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
wolvescup.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes*, Lascelles, Chilwell, S.Longstaff, Palacios (M.Longstaff), Dembele, Olmo (Bellingham), Fati, Silva (Abraham)

We sneak through here thanks to Fati's goal. Sandro Tonali's injury in the last match has devastatingly ruled him out for the rest of the season so Sean Longstaff will get an extended run in the side.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Palacios, Dembele, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva*

Our 6th win in a row and we move 5pts clear at the top of the table. Southampton have a decent side and held us for a while but our superior ability won through. Sancho is in a very poor run of form.

--

derby.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell*, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Palacios, Dembele, Olmo (Bellingham), Sancho, Silva (Abraham)

Derby may be rock bottom but they fought us all the way here. Ben Chilwell scored with a great finish to win the game for us and that was enough for the points.

--

SUMMARY

We had a hectic January with the resumption of domestic football after the World Cup and we fitted in 8 matches in all and naturally there was both highs and lows. In the league everything is fantastic as we have opened up a 7pt lead thanks to our 7 game win streak that we are on. Hopefully we wont throw this away and I am quite confident but you never know.

In the cups we defeated Man Utd in the Carabao Cup but unfortunately we lost to Liverpool in the semis but in the FA Cup we are still in it and will play Sheffield United, who are top of the championship, in the next round.

Now for the transfer window and there was one major departure which led to one major signing! DeAndre Yedlin came to me wanting a new challenge so I figured that I could at least replace him with a decent regen so I allowed him to go to Dynamo Kiev for a decent fee of £20m. He played 97 games and scored a decent 5 goals for a RB and I wish him well.

In his place I signed Max Aarons from Norwich City for £40m. He had been on my shortlist since day one and apart from Trent Alexander-Arnold he was my go to guy at RB as he looks like a great wee player. I had always been quoted at £70m+ but when Yedlin was sold I did a customary enquiry and managed to haggle them down to £40m. Now, like on the left hand side, I have 2 quality full backs.
aarons.png

I also signed a couple of players for the U23s but most are not are worthy of a screenie although I did get a Costa Rican player for under a million and he is now worth £7m and loaned out to Hull City. The one player who is worth a screenshot is Louie Barry who joined from Barcelona for £170,000. He is a decent prospect who will develop with us and via loans and will at least make me a decent profit.
barry.png

The worst news of this month was that of the injury to Sandro Tonali who wil miss the rest of the season. While it gives an opportunity for Sean Longstaff to get back into the side missing a player of Tonali's quality will have a huge impact on our Champions League hopes. I have recalled Hannibal Mejbri from his loan spell at Angers to cover for him rather than splash the cash.

Finally I have arranged 2 pre-contract deals for next season. Whether they will be involved with us or loaned out and then sold to make a huge profit I don't know but they are 2 international strikers...….

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CESAR MONTES
montes.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

Transfers
transfers.png

Last edited:
Going well mate, league forms is good and hopefully Tonali's injury won't hurt the team's form and morale

1579115035010.png

Bobby Mitchell
1949-61
Forward
412 apps, 113 goals

"Dazzler" was signed from Third Lanark for £16,000 and won 3 FA Cup's while at the club - scoring in one of the finals. He earned 2 caps for Scotland and scored on his debut against Denmark.

--

FEBRUARY

spurs.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes*, Lascelles, Chilwell, S.Longstaff (Mejbri), Palacios, Dembele (Abraham), Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva

Dont be fooled by the narrow scoreline - we battered Spurs here and just couldnt find the net as often as our play merited. Mejbri made his debut for us here.

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, S.Longstaff (Mejbri), Palacios*, Dembele (Fati), Olmo, Sancho, Silva (Abraham)

A poor result and the first time we have failed to score for the first time in the league this season. Just as well we have a decent lead! Sancho has been terrible the last few months after a decent start to his time here.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), S.Longstaff, Palacios, Chiesa (Dembele), Olmo*, Sancho (Fati), Silva

Two goals in as many minutes won us the match here just when I was thinking it was going to be another 0-0 draw. Sancho went off injured in the 1st minute!

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
napoli.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons, Lascelles, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), S.Longstaff, Mejbri, Chiesa*, Olmo (M.Longstaff), Fati (Abraham), Silva

We return to European action with a decent win against Napoli who are struggling in Serie A. Chiesa enjoyed his return to Italy with 2 goals but Hannibal Mejbri really shone for me and got 3 assists.

--

bristol c.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons*, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Mejbri, Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo, Fati (Dembele), Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

We won but I am ****** off as Silva had a goal disallowed and missed a penalty, Mejbri was denied a first goal as his shot hit the post and went in off their keepers head and then Dembele had a goal chalked off. Infuriating! I kept Mejbri in the side and he got an assist and caused the own goal.

--

hudders.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons (Mbabu), Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Mejbri, Palacios, Chiesa (Dembele), Olmo, Fati, Silva*

Fabio Silva put his misery from the last match behind him here with a great individual performance as he scored 4 - yet he still had a goal disallowed. Huddersfield also had a goal disallowed from Louis Munteanu who I sold to them for £11m in January.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
sheff utd.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Pankov (Ljubicic), Lascelles, Renan Lodi, S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff (Mejbri), Dembele*, Bellingham, Fati, Gabriel Jesus (Brunard)

I didn't realise that this game went to extra-time! Anywho we sneak through thanks to Brunard's debut goal. Ansu Fati missed a penalty in extra-time to continue our run of games with goals disallowed or penalties being missed.

--

SUMMARY

We had an unbeaten month and we won every game apart from our disappointing no score draw against Norwich. I cant complain at having a 2pt lead with 2 games in hand so hopefully we can retain our title. In the FA Cup we are through to the quarter-finals and we will face Liverpool who we have struggled to beat in recent times so that could be problematic.

I got offered another job internationally - Australia - **** off lol.

Youth intake next month! Fingers crossed as ever. Havent had anyone decent yet (despite selling one for £40m) although I did find a not bad RW that I hadn't noticed before and he has half a chance of making it. He may be loaned out to Crewe next season as they are my feeder side and are top of League 1.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FABIO SILVA
SILVAAAA.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
feb.png

Manager Moves

Chelsea sack Jesse Marsch
West Ham also sack their manager

SO MANY TIMES I AM TYPING MY POST (AS EVER GAME BY GAME) AND WHEN I PRESS RETURN IT POSTS MY POST TOO EARLY. SO ******* ANNOYING.

Last edited:
Jesse the Yank didn't last long at Chelsea did he!

Great work so far, nice 5 point cushion and one foot in next round of Champions League!

Read all 6 pages yesterday [ while working ! ] - an enjoyable read thanks, any tips selling so many players` esp for more £`s?, thx

Read all 6 pages yesterday [ while working ! ] - an enjoyable read thanks, any tips selling so many players` esp for more £`s?, thx

Thanks for reading and for the comment - regarding selling players I have a few tendencies. If I know I am going to replace a first teamer I sell him while he is at the top of his game kinda (like Jetro Willems). As for youngsters I am loathe to sign a youngster for £5m plus as I think that is big money lol but obviously the cheaper they are the more profit you will make. Loaning out players is key. I always make sure that they are regular starters at the very least and with that they get games, improve and their values go up. Sometimes I can get the players transfer fee in a few loan fees!!!

Hope that helps.

And since I said thanks to your comment I should really give a mention to Brane-Orsou, Sam91 (as ever lol), JamesScott2908, anej and The CheadleEnd1986 (apologies if I missed anyone out but I cant scroll back while posting lol).

And as for Stonecold - MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
Thanks for reading and for the comment - regarding selling players I have a few tendencies. If I know I am going to replace a first teamer I sell him while he is at the top of his game kinda (like Jetro Willems). As for youngsters I am loathe to sign a youngster for £5m plus as I think that is big money lol but obviously the cheaper they are the more profit you will make. Loaning out players is key. I always make sure that they are regular starters at the very least and with that they get games, improve and their values go up. Sometimes I can get the players transfer fee in a few loan fees!!!

Hope that helps.

And since I said thanks to your comment I should really give a mention to Brane-Orsou, Sam91 (as ever lol), JamesScott2908, anej and The CheadleEnd1986 (apologies if I missed anyone out but I cant scroll back while posting lol).

And as for Stonecold - MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Haha I may not write anymore but I'm always lurking about checking yours, Stonecolds and the old lots stories. Where's Erling Haaland ended up on your save interestingly?

Haha I may not write anymore but I'm always lurking about checking yours, Stonecolds and the old lots stories. Where's Erling Haaland ended up on your save interestingly?

PSG. Raiting is great goals is not.

Untitled.png

1579210197521.png

David Craig
1962-78
Defender
412 apps, 12 goals

Craig was part of the side that won the 1969 Fairs Cup and the Northern Irish right-back is 7th on the list of appearances for the club.

--

MARCH

wolves again.png

Lineup
- Onana, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Palacios, Dembele*, Olmo, Fati (Sancho), Silva

Meh. Dembele scored his first league goal of the season and was generally fantastic but we couldn't find our way to get the winner. Wolves are a decent side though so no shame here.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
nap2.png

Lineup
- Onana, Aarons, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, S.Longstaff, Palacios, Chiesa (Gabriel Jesus), Olmo*, Fati (Sancho), Silva

Once again we reach the quarter-finals and it was never in doubt from the very beginning here when Olmo scored in the 1st minute. Now lets see if we can reach the semis for the 1st time.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Onana, Pankov, Montes, Godfrey, Aarons, S.Longstaff, Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo, Fati, Silva*

Tremendous! The fact that I didn't make a sub says it all as despite having only 1 fit full back (and even then playing him out of position) we destroyed West Ham and Silva scored his 2nd 4 goal haul in 3 league games. Silva now has 26 goals in 26 league games.

--

manu.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, S.Longstaff, Palacios, Chiesa, Mejbri*, Fati, Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

Despite the narrow scoreline we battered Man Utd here. Mejbri was the MOM against his old club which was a nice touch while Sean Longstaff got his 1st of the season. We are now 15 games unbeaten in the league.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
semi.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, S.Longstaff, Mejbri, Chiesa (Dembele), Olmo (M.Longstaff), Sancho (Fati), Silva

FFS!!!! Once again and for the 2nd time this season - Liverpool eliminate us from a cup. Tbh I can have no complaints as they were the better team. I need to figure them out but at the same time I aint going to change anything lol.

--

SUMMARY

It was all good until we were knocked out of the FA Cup by Liverpool at the end of the month. After winning a few domestic cups in our first 2 seasons it seems as though we have bottled it in the last 2 years. While that was a disappointment our league form was still strong with a 6-0 victory over West Ham being the highlight although our win over Man Utd was also decent.

Speaking of Man Utd - they will be our opponents in the Champions League quarter finals. If we play like we did in our recent league meaning then we should be confident.

Our youth intake was pretty average. Nobody to sing about I don't think.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANI OLMO
do.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
march.png

Manager Moves

Unknown manager alert! Bruno Lage at Chelsea
Ditto for Luis Castro at West Ham

Attachments

• 1579205765295.png
    1579205765295.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 63

Since its you - I did say I had arranged 2 pre-contract deals for international strikers lol

Fabio Silva has hit some good form again mind hasn't he! No big clubs been circling him? Mejbri seems a bit of a revelation since you brought him back too! Good luck in the CL!

1579351051210.png

VIDEO - All of Shearer's Newcastle goals!!!
Alan Shearer
1996-2006
Forward
405 apps, 206 goals

Signed for a world record £15m, Shearer went on to become the clubs record goalscorer. On a personal note my first ever game at St.James Park was the day he broke the goalscoring record against Portsmouth.

--

APRIL

manul.png

Lineup - Onana, Pankov, Montes, Godfrey, Aarons, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho, Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

FFS. After beating them so convincingly on our last match I fancied our chances here even with a weaker side out and although we didn't deserve to lose that's what happened. Only our 2nd league defeat of the season. Our next match? Man Utd in the Champions League lol.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
1st leg.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons, Lascelles, Godfrey, Chilwell, S.Longstaff, Palacios (Mejbri), Chiesa (Dembele), Olmo, Sancho, Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

Not bad. It was almost the same as the last match except this time we didnt get hit on the counter attack. I am disappointed not to have got the away goal but I am confident about the return leg at St. James Park.

--

brent.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Lascelles (Ljubicic), Godfrey, Renan Lodi, S.Longstaff, Bellingham, Chiesa (Dembele), Mejbri (M.Longstaff), Fati, Silva

Our poor run of results continue although with games coming every couple of days it is slightly understandable. I played a weakened team here and we were 2nd best throughout but at least we got a point and Liverpool drew also.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
2nd leg.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, M.Longstaff (Mejbri), Palacios*, Chiesa (Dembele), Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

We reach the semis for the first time thanks to an extra-time victory due to goals from 2 of my subs. Mejbri scored his first goal for us against his old club. Our opponents in the semis will be Liverpool who have knocked us out of both domestic cup competitions so far this season.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, S.Longstaff, Palacios, Chiesa (Dembele), Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Silva*

What a comeback!!! We were 2-0 down at half time and I was furious and then in the 2nd half we just blasted Chelsea away. Montes set up both of Silva's goals and then I made a triple substitution and all 3 scored!!!! Incredible - unlike Jadon Sancho - he is ******* useless..

--

bmth.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons, Lascelles, Godfrey, Chilwell, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Bellingham, Chiesa, Mejbri*, Fati (Sancho), Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

Another fantastic comeback and once again Hannibal Mejbri put in a great performance. Once again my subs did it and even Jadon Sancho had a moment in the sun as he came off the bench to net the winner. Matty Longstaff got his 1st of the season while Silva had a goal disallowed.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
pool.png

Lineup
- Onana, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), S.Longstaff (Mejbri), Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva

What a win!!!! We matched Liverpool stride for stride and after coming through some early pressure we took the lead through Chiesa. Dybala levelled and that was us at half-time. In the 2nd half we retook the lead when Sancho bundled home (he had an injury too!) and we looked to see it out but Henderson levelled in the last minute but then in stoppage time Dani Olmo fired in a dramatic winner to give us a narrow advantage heading into the 2nd leg.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons, Lascelles (Pankov), Godfrey, Chilwell, S.Longstaff, Mejbri, Chiesa (Dembele), Olmo, Fati (Gabriel Jesus), Silva*

Fabio Silva got his 3rd hat-trick of the season to give us victory over an Everton side just above the relegation zone.

--

SUMMARY

We had a mixed month but overall I am happy. In the league we lost to Man Utd before dropping more points against Brentford and then it was time for the comebacks as we came from 2-0 down against Chelsea to win 5-2 and 2-1 down against Bournemouth with a couple of minutes left to win 3-2 and followed that up with a comfortable win over Everton and we are 4pts clear with a game in hand so the league is definitely in our own hands.

In the Champions League we were excellent. We knocked out Man Utd 2-0 in the quarter finals and have a 3-2 lead going into the 2nd leg of our semi final against Liverpool. The other 2 semi finalists are Arsenal and Man City so it will be an all English final!

Wish me luck for the final month of the season and hopefully it wont post while I am in mid update!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HANNIBAL MEJBRI
MEJBRI.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
APRIL.png

Last edited:
1579364723850.png

Jackie Milburn
1943-57
Forward
397 apps, 200 goals

"Wor Jackie" is like Shearer, one of the clubs greatest ever number 9s and is the 2nd highest top scorer. Uncle of Jack and Bobby Charlton, Milburn scored 10 goals in 13 England appearances and won 3 FA Cups at Newcastle.

--

MAY/JUNE

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
2l.png

Lineup
- Onana, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, S.Longstaff (Mejbri), Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo, Fati (Dembele), Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

Threw but phew!!!!! Liverpool battered us here and fully deserved their win and we sneak through to the final against Man City courtesy of the away goals rule. We also qualify for the Club World Cup by just reaching the final for some reason which was a nice surprise.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Renan Lodi, S.Longstaff (Bellingham), Palacios (Mejbri), Chiesa (Dembele*), Olmo, Fati, Silva

This was a really entertaining game as we had 34 shots to their 16 and despite Silva bagging a double it was Karamoko Dembele who stole the show with his goal and 2 assists. This win secures Champions League football for next season and I have been given an initial budget of £105m.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons*, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), S.Longstaff (Bellingham), Palacios, Dembele, Olmo, Fati, Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

The dress rehearsal for the Champions League final was won very easily here as we comfortably beat Man City. Fati and Dembele got the goals as we get our 5th league win in a row but Liverpool keep winning. We have 4 games to play (Liverpool have 3) with a 4pt lead and we play Liverpool on the final day!

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, S.Longstaff, Palacios*, Dembele (Gabriel Jesus), Olmo, Fati (Sancho), Silva

Our CMs hardly ever score so I was amazed to see Palacios and Sean Longstaff sharing the 3 goals. Dani Olmo also had one disallowed.

--

LEICESTER.png

Lineup - Onana, Aarons (Mbabu), Pankov, Godfrey, Chilwell, S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff, Dembele*, Mejbri, Fati (Sancho), Silva (Abraham)

WE RETAIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!!!!!

We knew going into the game that a win would secure the title and despite being without several players we managed it. Silva netted his 39th of the season to put us ahead and Sancho came off the bench to double our lead. They pulled one back but the inform Karamoko Dembele secured the match with the 3rd.

I can now rest players for the Champions League final which could be a huge advantage!

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Pankov, Ljubicic, Renan Lodi, Bellingham*, M.Longstaff, Dembele (Mitchell), Mejbri (Abraham), Sancho, Gabriel Jesus

Meh - we did enough to win and were the better team but Brighton took their limited chances. Rafa Benitez is still their manager so if I am to lose to anyone I am happy it is to him! Craig Mitchell made his debut for us here.

--

3-1.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Pankov, Ljubicic, Renan Lodi, Bellingham, M.Longstaff, Dembele*, Mejbri (Barry), Sancho (Abraham), Gabriel Jesus

I didn't expect this result as my backups beat Liverpool convincingly. Dembele struck the 1st, Bellingham the 2nd and Abraham rounded things off as we finish 7pts clear of Liverpool. Louie Barry made his debut here.

--

UEFA Champions League Final
final.png

Lineup
- Onana, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, S.Longstaff (Tonali), Palacios, Dembele (Chiesa), Olmo (Pankov), Sancho*, Silva

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!!!!!!

I may have been highly critical of Jadon Sancho this season but I love him now as his 2 goals against his former club helped us win the Champions League. Dembele got injured early doors and his replacement, Chiesa, sealed the win and even Ben Godfrey getting sent-off couldn't stop us. Sandro Tonali returned from injury too on a perfect day.

Amazeballs!!!!

--

SUMMARY

What an end to the season that was!!! The league title was secured again and although it was always likely we still had to get it over the line and we did so easily and despite losing to Brighton we went on to beat Liverpool to extend our lead.

It was however in the Champions League where our exploits were more significant as we edged out Liverpool in the semis on away goals before thumping Man City 3-1 in the final even though we were down to 10 men.

A great end to the season! End of season post to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KARAMOKO DEMBELE
dembele.png

1579383894131.png

END OF SEASON POST

What a season that was!!!!! To retain the Premier League was my minimum goal but to get our first Champions League trophy was amazing - and dont forget that we won the Community Shield as well lol. In the league we only lost 3 games and ended up winning the league by 7pts ahead of Liverpool and although we didnt romp to the title we were always in control.

In the domestic cup competitions Liverpool were our nemesis as they knocked us out of both cups which was pretty annoying but in the Champions League we gained revenge as we defeated them in the semis on away goals to reach the final.

Our efforts in the Champions League was nothing short of sensational as we won every game bar 2 and even beat Barcelona 5-2 and 4-0 in the group stages! We swotted aside Napoli, Man Utd and Liverpool before we took care of Man City 3-1 in the final. Yes I was delighted that we won but I am a bit frustrated by the fact that we really only played English opposition in the knockout stages as 4 out of the 5 English clubs reached the semis and we defeated the other side in the quarter finals.

Oh and we won the Community Shield lol.

--

FINAL PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE
ft.png

Chelsea, Everton and Spurs struggled but it was West Ham who were the surprise team to get relegated.

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD
SQUAD.png

SQUAD2.png

Goalkeepers - Yeah Onana was his usual excellent self but thhe headline here was that Freddie Woodman finally made an appearance for me as Onana was away on international duty.

Defenders - At right back Mbabu did well for the first half of the season and then I brought in Max Aarons who edged him out of the side. Over on the left hand side Chilwell and Renan Lodi had a good battle but Renan Lodi's injury at the start of the season set him back. At CB Montes and Godfrey were an excellent partnership with Lascelles being the team leader and an adequate replacement.

Midfielders - Sandro Tonali started the season on fire but he got an injury which ruled him out for the 2nd half of the season although he returned for the Champions League final. Exequiel Palacios was imperious while the likes of Bellingham, the Longstaff brothers and Mejbri all got plenty of games and shone with Mejbri especially impressing after I recalled him from his loan spell for the 2nd half of the season.

On the RW Federico Chiesa did well but Karamoko Dembele pushed him all the way and also starred while on the left my 2 big summer signings did battle. Jadon Sancho started on fire then was completely **** but towards the end of the season he hit form and scored a few goals including a brace in the Champions League final. Ansu Fati did really well and scored 15 goals and will push Sancho even further next season.

At AMC Dani Olmo was just great and did what Dani Olmo always does lol.

Forwards - Fabio Silva was immense as he got 35 league goals in 36 games and amazingly only had 4 cup goals and 2 of those came in the Community Shield. Gabriel Jesus scored a few and did well while Tammy Abraham didnt start a game but scored a few goals to show how good a player he is.

My Player of the Year - Fabio Silva
My Young Player of the Year - Karamoko Dembele
Must Improve - Jadon Sancho
Donkey of the Year - Jadon Sancho lol

--

PRE-SEASON AIMS

After last summers squad overhaul there isn't much for me to do as I have a young squad that is naturally improving. I have one player that I would move heaven and earth to sign but that is unlikely and other than that I can only think of 2 possibilities. I can maybe only see youngsters coming in in truth apart from a couple of money spinning free transfers that I have already arranged.

Attachments

• 1579383873028.png
    1579383873028.png
    185.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
View attachment 478647

END OF SEASON POST

What a season that was!!!!! To retain the Premier League was my minimum goal but to get our first Champions League trophy was amazing - and dont forget that we won the Community Shield as well lol. In the league we only lost 3 games and ended up winning the league by 7pts ahead of Liverpool and although we didnt romp to the title we were always in control.

In the domestic cup competitions Liverpool were our nemesis as they knocked us out of both cups which was pretty annoying but in the Champions League we gained revenge as we defeated them in the semis on away goals to reach the final.

Our efforts in the Champions League was nothing short of sensational as we won every game bar 2 and even beat Barcelona 5-2 and 4-0 in the group stages! We swotted aside Napoli, Man Utd and Liverpool before we took care of Man City 3-1 in the final. Yes I was delighted that we won but I am a bit frustrated by the fact that we really only played English opposition in the knockout stages as 4 out of the 5 English clubs reached the semis and we defeated the other side in the quarter finals.

Oh and we won the Community Shield lol.

--

FINAL PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 478629

Chelsea, Everton and Spurs struggled but it was West Ham who were the surprise team to get relegated.

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD
View attachment 478632
View attachment 478633

Goalkeepers - Yeah Onana was his usual excellent self but thhe headline here was that Freddie Woodman finally made an appearance for me as Onana was away on international duty.

Defenders - At right back Mbabu did well for the first half of the season and then I brought in Max Aarons who edged him out of the side. Over on the left hand side Chilwell and Renan Lodi had a good battle but Renan Lodi's injury at the start of the season set him back. At CB Montes and Godfrey were an excellent partnership with Lascelles being the team leader and an adequate replacement.

Midfielders - Sandro Tonali started the season on fire but he got an injury which ruled him out for the 2nd half of the season although he returned for the Champions League final. Exequiel Palacios was imperious while the likes of Bellingham, the Longstaff brothers and Mejbri all got plenty of games and shone with Mejbri especially impressing after I recalled him from his loan spell for the 2nd half of the season.

On the RW Federico Chiesa did well but Karamoko Dembele pushed him all the way and also starred while on the left my 2 big summer signings did battle. Jadon Sancho started on fire then was completely **** but towards the end of the season he hit form and scored a few goals including a brace in the Champions League final. Ansu Fati did really well and scored 15 goals and will push Sancho even further next season.

At AMC Dani Olmo was just great and did what Dani Olmo always does lol.

Forwards - Fabio Silva was immense as he got 35 league goals in 36 games and amazingly only had 4 cup goals and 2 of those came in the Community Shield. Gabriel Jesus scored a few and did well while Tammy Abraham didnt start a game but scored a few goals to show how good a player he is.

My Player of the Year - Fabio Silva
My Young Player of the Year - Karamoko Dembele
Must Improve - Jadon Sancho
Donkey of the Year - Jadon Sancho lol

--

PRE-SEASON AIMS

After last summers squad overhaul there isn't much for me to do as I have a young squad that is naturally improving. I have one player that I would move heaven and earth to sign but that is unlikely and other than that I can only think of 2 possibilities. I can maybe only see youngsters coming in in truth apart from a couple of money spinning free transfers that I have already arranged.

Congrats on being champions of Europe, you looking to the club world cup next season? should be very interesting