One City, One Club, One Love - A Newcastle United Story

Find it strange that a guy who has taken Newcastle to a number of league and european titles can't get a better national job. But hey, there loss is Scotland's gain. Poor Steve Clarke though, he did ok whilst coach at Newcastle :p

Have you got a poor in game rep? Surely with all the accolades you have won the top teams would be after you!

me.png

1580331699066.png

PRE-SEASON

Apart from getting the Scotland job there wasn't much news about this summer for us. I brought in 2 pre-contract players for my first team squad and also paid money for 1 other while in total I spent £38.5m and at the other end I raked in £222m which considering my wage bill for the year is £250m is a decent bit of work.

All my signings - bar one - were regens. I will post screenies of the best ones but in all I brought in 12 players but I arranged 4 or 5 more for the future.

In other club news - there was none lol so lets get to the players departed.

--

PLAYERS OUT

OOT.png

OUT2.png

So there you have it. Andrea Pinamonti was **** last season tbh and although he did the bare minimum and reached 10 goals I wasn't impressed so gladly sold him to Liverpool for £57m which was a 100% profit as was the £54m we got for Erling Haaland as he joined Schalke 04. That means I recouped £111m in transfer fees (not including loan fees for Haaland last year) for 2 free transfers.

Rayan Cherki was signed in my first season for £1m and he left to join Brighton for £44m. He is a quality player but with Sancho and Fati ahead of him I decided to cash in on the French wonderkid.

Its a fond farewell to my captain Jamaal Lascelles as he joined Eintracht Frankfurt for £31.5m. His transfer means only Longstaff and Woodman remain in the squad from the very beginning of the save. He played 169 games and scored 7 goals for me and it was just because the club has moved on to different levels that he had to go.

Other than that it was mainly loan deals or youth prospects that left although another free signing left for £16.75m.

--

PLAYERS IN

IN.png

My most expensive signing was that of Michel Costa from Flamengo who will be my new backup keeper and play in the cups. He is a top notch keeper who I had on my shortlist for a while and with so much money burning a hole in my pocket I decided to splash the cash for him. Freddie Woodman signed a new deal and will play for the reserves.
m. costa.png

My 2 pre-contract deals were for France international Yves Parent and Barcelona midfielder Iliax Moriba. Parent is Pinamonti's replacement and like Michel Costa was on my radar for a while. He looks like an amazing prospect and unlike previous seasons I think my backup striker will stick around!
parent.png

As for Moriba he was brought in to loan out and sell for a huge profit but when he signed and his value rocketed up to nearly £50m I decided to keep him around. He may still be sold on but he is a cracking player.
moriba.png

On deadline day I brought in Frantisek Zajic who I scouted extensively. Normally I wouldnt spend so much on a regen for the reserves (£14m) but hey I have plenty of money and he is a quality player.
zajic.png

The others are all fairly promising to some degree but I will leave you with Luigi Locatelli who I brought in from Inter Milan for £3.4m. He is probably the best technical player at the club and I bought him for my reserve side mainly yet upon signing his value shot up to nearly £30m!!!!!
locatelli.png

--

FIRST TEAM

Apart from having a cup keeper and a new backup striker and an extra cm as mentioned above there are 2 other changes. Vojislav Ljubicic edged out Manolo Hernandez to be Lascelles' replacement while Liam Alcock who I signed from Man City last season for £1.1m and then loaned out to Huddersfield is my new 3rd choice striker - he is now valued at £28.5m - check him out!
alcock.png

There is a change to the first XI though as Ibraimo Varela will partner Cesar Montes as CB instead of Ben Godfrey as Varela has improved greatly.

Attachments

• OUT.png
    OUT.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 1580331680519.png
    1580331680519.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 82
Top work with those sales!! Pinamonti has been a great back up for me for Haaland and Silva on my Southampton save. How's Reiner going on your save?

Top work with those sales!! Pinamonti has been a great back up for me for Haaland and Silva on my Southampton save. How's Reiner going on your save?

I almost signed Reinier in January for £14m but didnt need him so backed out. Think he signed for man city but haven't noticed him since tbh.

Due to man city being **** last season they transfer listed lautaro martinez, foden, b.silva, sterling and joao felix amongst others

Due to man city being **** last season they transfer listed lautaro martinez, foden, b.silva, sterling and joao felix amongst others

That's some clear out. What's Foden like on the save? Has he progressed much?

1580446464014.png

Alexander Gardner
1899-1910
Winger
314 apps, 26 goals

Gardner was a mainstay of the successful side in the early 1900s and won 3 league titles, 1 FA Cup and 1 Charity Shield. Bizarrely though he never won a cap for Scotland.

--

AUGUST

FA Community Shield
cs.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons (Ljubicic), Godfrey, Varela, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele, Olmo, Sancho (Mejbri), Silva (Parent)

Not the best of games or performances for that matter but we win the Shield on penalties 4-3. Man Utd were the better side but they couldn't find the killer 2nd and Yves Parent made them pay with a debut goal. Due to the Olympic Games I was without several players including Montes, Mbappe and Fati.

--

hudders.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Godfrey, Varela (Ljubicic), Chilwell, Tonali (Longstaff), Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho, Silva*

Well I have had worse opening days of the season! lol. We were immense here - especially in the 1st half where we banged in 5 with Ben Chilwell scoring a screamer from the edge of the area. Fabio Silva picked up a hat-trick although I was ****** off that we conceded in the 2nd half.

--

UEFA European Super Cup
milan.png

Lineup
- Michel Costa, Aarons, Godfrey, Varela, Chilwell, Tonali*, Palacios (Moriba), Dembele, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Mbappe), Silva (Parent)

For the 2nd year in a row we beat AC Milan to win the European Super Cup. We took the lead when Dembele crashed a long range shot off the bar but it went in off their keeper and that was that until stoppage time when they equalised. Extra-time was a non event but we won the shoot-out 4-2 with debutant Michel Costa saving 2 penalties.

Iliax Moriba also made his debut for us.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Briggs*, Montes, Godfrey, Renan Lodi (Ljubicic), Longstaff, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva (Parent)

We strike an early blow in the title race as a slightly weakened side manage to defeat Man Utd. Lee Briggs starred and assisted Mbappe for his goal while Montes returned to the side from injury.

--

forest.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios (Longstaff), Sancho (Mejbri), Olmo, Fati*, Silva (Parent)

Our strong start to the campaign continued here as we win comfortably against Forest. Ansu Fati getting a double is a nice touch.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Sancho, Olmo, Fati (Mejbri*), Silva (Parent)

We dominated this match from start to finish yet it seemed destined to be a draw until Hannibal Mejbri popped up in the last minute of stoppage time to score from the edge of the area and give us all 3pts.

--

SUMMARY

The first month of the season was near perfect as we won both of the minor trophies and won all 4 of our league games to set us up for a strong season. With the Olympics having been on I got to use a fair few players which is good and I am really happy with how my squad is looking. Interestingly enough my oldest player is only 27y/o and that is Woodman and Chilwell!!!!

In the Champions League we have a tricky group as we will face Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Vitoria Guimaraes but I suppose having won it the last 2 years I shouldnt be too concerned!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANDRO TONALI
st.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
aug.png

Manager Moves

Rafa Benitez leaves Brighton to manage Germany and is replaced by Marco Giampaolo
Diego Simeone rocks up at Arsenal
Thomas Tuchel is the new Man City manager

Transfers
transfers.png

transfers 2.png

Attachments

• 1580446501514.png
    1580446501514.png
    11.1 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
That's some clear out. What's Foden like on the save? Has he progressed much?

Not all of them left as you will see below - this is a screenie of the transfer listed players who are wanting to come to me (1st page).
U.png

Foden looks really good and normally I would have snapped him up but with me already having Olmo and Mejbri I don't really need him.
list.png

MANAGERS IN THE LOWER LEAGUES

I keep you up to date with whats going on in the Premier League but here are the managers of the other clubs...…..

Championship

Barnsley - Juan Carlos Oliva
Birmingham City - Riccardo Rocchini
Blackburn Rovers - Henning Berg
Burnley - Sean Dyche
Cardiff City - Pavel Vrba
Charlton Athletic - Paco Jemez
Crewe Alexandra - Garry Monk (one of my affiliated clubs)
Crystal Palace - Brendan Rodgers
Derby County - Nuno Espirito Santo
Everton - Eddie Howe
Fulham - Graham Potter
Hull City - Slaven Bilic
Leeds United - Sergiy Rebrov
Middlesbrough - Ryan Giggs
Millwall - Quinton Fortune
Portsmouth - John Coleman
Reading - Steve Bruce
Sheffield Wednesday - Dan Petrescu
Shrewsbury Town - Darren Ferguson
Stoke City - Ralph Hasenhuttl
Sunderland - Paul Warne
Swansea City - Fran Escriba
Watford - Eduardo Berizzo
West Bromwich Albion - Olexiy Mikhailichenko

League One

Bristol Rovers - Tony Mowbray
Burton Albion - Jaap Stam
Carlisle United - Ian Dawes
Coventry City - David Horseman
Doncaster Rovers - Paul Cook
Exeter City - Sam Ricketts
Fleetwood Town - Colin Calderwood
Ipswich Town - John McGreal (affiliated club)
Lincoln City - Laurent Banide
Luton Town - Brian McDermott
Mansfield Town - Steven Davis
MK Dons - Patrice Evra
Notts County - Adam Barrett
Oldham Athletic - Martin Allen
Oxford United - Chris Hughton
Peterborough United - Michael O'Neill
Preston North End - Chris Wilder
Queens Park Rangers - Callum Davidson
Rochdale - Sabri Lamouchi
Rotherham United - Alex Neil
Southend United - Jimmy Shan
Walsall - Dean Keates
Wigan Athletic - Michael Appleton
Wycombe Wanderers - Bruno Altazar

League Two

Accrington Stanley - Allan McGregor
AFC Fylde - Ben Petty
AFC Wimbledon - Graham Mills
Blackpool - Mark Cooper
Bolton Wanderers - Stephen Kirby
Bradford City - Stuart Pearce
Cheltenham Town - Dave Reddington
Chesterfield - Nick Daws
Colchester United - Keith Hill
Crawley Town - Marius Sumudica
Forest Green Rovers - Tom Harban
Gillingham - Glyn Hodges
Grimsby Town - Liam Trotter
Leyton Orient - Gary Bowyer
Northampton Town - Elliott Ward
Plymouth Argyle - Gareth Whalley
Port Vale - Simon Weaver
Salford City - Ian Holloway
Scunthorpe United - Nathan Jones
Stevenage - Derek Adams
Sutton United - Leon Clarke
Tranmere Rovers - Gareth Ainsworth
Wrexham - Dean Wright
York City - Mark Robins

Can't believe (well I can actually) that Dyche is still at Burnley!

Great results so far in the league, strong start to the season

As for Foden, he does look good, but at £68m he's not cheap and not someone you particularly need but nice to see the calibre of player who would love to sign for you!

1580548478122.png

SCOTLAND

With it being my first 2 games in charge and with it being at the start of the month I have decided to do a Scotland special - introducing you to my regens etc. I start my Scotland career with a UEFA Nations League campaign against Israel, Slovakia and Romania.

Regarding players - Karamoko Dembele has already been capped by England while Harvey Barnes (who knew?) and Angus Gunn are not interested in representing us.

I did however manage to convince Andrew Robertson to change his mind about international retirement - even though he will be 2nd choice behind Kieran Tierney.

--

MY FIRST SQUAD

Goalkeepers
- Scott Bain (Celtic), Robby McCrorie (Rangers), Jordan Archer (Aberdeen)

Defenders - Scott McKenna (Brentford), Ryan Fredericks (Aston Villa), Anthony Ralston (Celtic), John Souttar (Burnley), Ross McCrorie (Rangers), Andrew Robertson (Liverpool), Kieran Tierney (Arsenal), Robbie Deas (Dundee United)

Midfielders - Scott McTominay (Everton), John McGinn (Celtic), David Turnbull (Sheffield United), Nick Ellis (Hearts), Lee Farrell (Manchester City), Lewis Morgan (Celtic), Oliver Burke (Brentford), Ryan Christie (Celtic), Mikey Johnston (Celtic)

Forwards - Josh McPake (Tottenham Hotspur), Dylan Munro (Liverpool), Oliver McBurnie (Sheffield United)

Ryan Fraser would normally be called up while the likes of Che Adams, Callum McGregor Craig Halkett and Billy Gilmour just miss out. Goalkeepers and right back seem to be the weakest area in the squad.

--

Here are my best regens - Lee Farrell (who rejected me to sign for Man City for just £450,000) and Dylan Munro

FARRELL.png

MUNRO.png

--

UEFA Nations League Division B Group 1
romania.png

Lineup
- Bain, Fredericks (Ralston), McKenna (Ross McCrorie), Souttar, Tierney, Turnbull, McTominay, Burke, McPake, Morgan (Johnston), Munro*

Not a bad way to start my international management career! Romania are a decent team but we were ruthless here and smashed in 5 goals with Dylan Munro grabbing a hat-trick.

Kieran Tierney picked up a knock and had to withdraw from the squad after the game so I called up Greg Taylor as his replacement.

--

israel.png

Lineup
- Bain, Fredericks (Ralston), McKenna, Ross McCrorie, Robertson, McGinn, Farrell, Burke (Ellis), McPake (Christie), Morgan, Munro*

WOW!!! We destroyed Israel here as we helped ourselves to another 5 goals. Munro had a hat-trick goal disallowed while John McGinn celebrated his 50th cap with a long range screamer. Nick Ellis made his debut here.

Attachments

• FARRELL.png
    FARRELL.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 64
1580561978801.png

VIDEO - Solano goals at Newcastle
Nolberto Solano
1998-2004 & 2005-07
Midfielder
314 apps, 48 goals

Nobby was signed from Boca Juniors for £2.5m and he fast became a fans favourite. He left to join Aston Villa for £1.5m and shortly returned for the same fee! He scored some great goals and he won 95 caps for Peru, scoring 20 goals.

--

SEPTEMBER

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios (Longstaff), Mbappe, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva

We got off to a flyer here as we scored 3 in the opening 20min and we did ****** all after that.

--

UEFA Champions League Group A
dortmund.png

Lineup
- Michel Costa, Briggs, Montes, Godfrey, Renan Lodi, Longstaff (Moriba), Palacios*, Dembele (Bellingham), Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva

I rested a couple of players for the upcoming match against Man City but that didn't effect our result as we get a good win here.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Bellingham), Sancho, Silva*

A great result and performance! Kylian Mbappe has scored in all 4 of his league games so far this season - lets hope he can carry that run on lol.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
city cup.png

Lineup
- Michel Costa, Briggs, Ljubicic, Godfrey, Renan Lodi, Longstaff (Zajic), Moriba, Bellingham*, Mejbri (Locatelli), Fati, Parent (Alcock)

I took a risk and played my backups here and they just sneak through on penalties. Our next match is against the same opponents and in the same ground so we shall see how the big boys get on.

--

city.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva*

Fabio Silva got his 2nd league hat-trick of the season here to give us all 3pts. He has 9 in 7 league games now.

--

SUMMARY

Our strong start to the season continued and ourselves and Liverpool have already got a 5pt lead at the top of the table with us both having 100% records. Our 4-1 victory over Man City was the highlight of the month while in the cups we sneaked through past Bristol City on penalties in the Carabao Cup and beat Dortmund away in the Champions League.

We just have to keep on keeping on!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FABIO SILVA
SILVA.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
sep.png

Attachments

• 1580561960559.png
    1580561960559.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 67
Just read through and wow!

Get in mate did fantastic and great to see Newcastle finally up near the top where they should be. So cool to see Mbappe in the Premier league too!

1580568680412.png

Irving Nattrass
1970-79
Defender
304 apps, 20 goals

Nattrass started his career with Newcastle and almost spent a decade at the club before moving onto Middlesbrough for £375,000.

--

OCTOBER

VG.png

Lineup
- Michel Costa, Briggs, Ljubicic, Godfrey, Renan Lodi, Longstaff, Moriba, Bellingham (Dembele), Mejbri, Fati, Parent*

We were excellent here and every single one of my players played well - a real team performance.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell, Longstaff (Bellingham), Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo*, Sancho, Silva (Parent)

This was an enthralling match and harsh on Southampton who are a decent side and actually matched us in shots on goal but we were clinical and Max Aarons scored a wonder goal which was nice. Once again the performance was fantastic and every individual player put on a show tbh.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell, Longstaff, Palacios, Mbappe*, Mejbri (Bellingham), Sancho (Fati), Parent (Dembele)

I am delighted with this result as we were missing Silva and Tonali through injury but we still managed to win. Kylian Mbappe scored twice - he has 7 league goals in 7 league games now. Quite handy when you have a winger averaging a goal a game lol.

--

real.png

Lineup
- Michel Costa, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Longstaff, Palacios (Bellingham), Mbappe*, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Parent

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

Sure we have won the Champions League the last 2 seasons but that doesn't give you the right to take on Real Madrid and thrash them 5-0!!! We seem to like playing Spanish sides as we have thumped Barcelona a couple of times too!

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons (Briggs), Ljubicic, Godfrey, Chilwell, Longstaff*, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho, Parent (Alcock)

We keep our form and high performances going here as we thump Norwich. Alcock made his league debut and scored while Kylian Mbappe missed a penalty.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
leicester.png

Lineup
- Michel Costa, Briggs, Ljubicic, Godfrey, Chilwell, Longstaff (Moriba), Bellingham*, Dembele, Mejbri (Zajic), Fati, Parent (Alcock)

Out came the backups and we march into the next round. Zajic got his first goal for the club while Jude Bellingham was in inspired form.

--

SUMMARY

We just keep on winning!!!! Unfortunately so do Liverpool so we are both tied at the top of the league with a 100% record. Who will blink first? This month saw us suffer a few injuries but I was adversely quite happy with that as it meant one or two other players got a chance to shine and I am all up for giving my backups a chance.

In the cups we dumped Leicester out of the Carabao Cup while in the Champions League we thrashed both Vitoria Guimaraes and Real Madrid 5-0. Naturally the Madrid game was the highlight of the month.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KYLIAN MBAPPE
mbappe.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
oct.png

Manager Moves

Thomas Frank sacked by Sheffield United

--

1580578184809.png

SCOTLAND

slovakia.png

Lineup
- Bain, Ross McCrorie, McKenna, Souttar, Robertson, Turnbull*, McTominay, Burke (Farrell), McPake, Johnston (Fraser), Munro (McBurnie)

Both ourselves and Slovakia went into this match with a 100% record but it was us who won out here thanks to goals from Andrew Robertson and Ryan Fraser. To win away to Slovakia is a good result as they have some decent players like Hamsik (old) and Bozenik (one of my old players). No Martin Dubravka though lol.

--

romania.png

Lineup
- Bain, Tierney, McKenna, Deas, Robertson, McGinn*, McTominay (Farrell), Fraser, McPake (Christie), Johnston (Morgan), Munro

Once again we hit Romania for 5 which is just rediculous as they are just as good as us individually. Fraser got us on our way with a free-kick, they equalised but then Dylan Munro fired in a 35 yard free-kick to show up Fraser's strike. McGinn netted a pen, McTominay added a 4th (which I didnt see lol) and then McGinn powered in a 5th from the edge of the area.

Attachments

• 1580577450926.png
    1580577450926.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 1580578160446.png
    1580578160446.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 65
1580645651811.png

Ronnie Simpson
1951-60
Goalkeeper
295 apps

Signed from Third Lanark for £8,750 Ronnie Simpson was an iconic goalkeeper for the club and during his time he won 2 FA Cups before leaving to join Hibs. Later on in his career he won the European Cup with Celtic and he earned 5 caps for Scotland.

--

NOVEMBER

west ham.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Briggs, Montes, Varela, Aarons, Tonali, Palacios, Dembele (Alcock), Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Mbappe*

We had a couple of unfit players here and Kylian Mbappe responded to playing in his favoured position by scoring 2 goals to get us the win. I had no fit left back so Max Aarons had to fill in there.

--

madrid.png

Lineup - Michel Costa, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell, Longstaff (Moriba), Bellingham, Mbappe, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Parent (Alcock)

Meh. We weren't at the races here and were punished accordingly. Dani Olmo had an early goal disallowed but I can have no complaints about the result.

--

4-1.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Ljubicic, Montes, Godfrey, Longstaff (Moriba), Tonali, Palacios, Sancho, Mejbri*, Fati (Bellingham), Parent (Alcock)

Most of my players were either injured or unfit so I was forced to come up with a different formation for this game and played a 3-3-3-1 formation and it worked a treat as we comfortably beat Leicester. Hopefully after the upcoming international break my players will be back fighting fit.

--

villa.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela (Godfrey), Chilwell (Briggs), Tonali, Longstaff, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Fati, Parent*

13 wins out of 13 in the league. Pity Liverpool are matching us lol.

--

7-0.png

Lineup
- Michel Costa, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali, Palacios, Sancho, Olmo, Fati, Silva*

This is arguably the best performance in my career so far as we destroy Borussia Dortmund here. Silva came back into the side and got a hat-trick while every outfield player that started had an average rating of at least 8.70!!!!

--

SUMMARY

This month saw us lose our first game of the season as Real Madrid beat us in the Champions League however we have already qualified for the next stage and emphasised that with a tremendous 7-0 win over Dortmund at the end of the month. In the league both ourselves and Liverpool have incredibly still maintained a 100% record and we will meet next month I think.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JADON SANCHO
Untitled.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
nov.png

Manager Moves

Philippe Clement is the new manager of Sheffield United
Chelsea sack Bruno Lage

--

1580629445034.png

SCOTLAND

svk.png

Lineup - Bain, Ralston, Ross McCrorie, Souttar, Robertson, Turnbull (McGinn), McTominay, Farrell*, McPake, Christie, Munro (McBurnie)

Easy. The group is won now as we are 9pts clear of Slovakia with only 1 game to go.

--

israel.png

Lineup - Bain, Paterson, Ross McCrorie, Deas, Tierney, Turnbull, McTominay (McGinn), Farrell (Middleton), McPake*, Fraser, McBurnie (Shankland)

That's the group finished and we have won all our games. Glenn Middleton came off the bench to score on his international debut.

1580661687985.png

Willie McFaul
1966-75 (player) - 1985-88 (manager)
Goalkeeper
290 apps

Signed from Linfield, McFaul was the goalkeeper in the side that won the 1969 Fairs Cup. He won 6 caps for Northern Ireland and managed Newcastle in the late 1980s.

--

DECEMBER

spurs.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Briggs*, Montes, Godfrey, Renan Lodi, Tonali, Longstaff (Zajic), Parent (Mitchell), Mejbri, Sancho (Bellingham), Silva

Frantisek Zajic scored on his league debut here to give us the win. Once again we were without so many players and with the Liverpool game just 3 days away it is a bit of a concern.

--

liver.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela (Godfrey), Renan Lodi, Tonali*, Palacios (Moriba), Bellingham, Olmo (Mejbri), Fati, Silva

Liverpool blink first! We came back from behind here to inflict Liverpool's 1st defeat of the season and we move 3pts clear. Sandro Tonali got the winner with a long range strike. A huge result.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Renan Lodi, Tonali, Palacios, Sancho, Olmo (Mejbri), Fati (Dembele), Silva (Alcock)

And we blink second!! Tbh we were fortunate to get anything here as we were awful. Wolves gifted us our goal and then dominated us and Romelu Lukaku missed sitter after sitter until he finally levelled late on. Wolves dont even have a manager so to lose our 100% record in this way is infuriating.

--

guim.png

Lineup
- Michel Costa, Briggs, Ljubicic, Godfrey, Renan Lodi, Longstaff (Moriba), Bellingham, Dembele, Mejbri, Fati*, Silva

My injuries are getting so bad that when I want to play my backups both of my backup strikers get injured so Fabio Silva played instead which isn't a hardship lol. As it was we won easily to finish top of the group and with 24 goals we are averaging 4 a game - and we didnt score in one!

--

brent.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes*, Varela, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva (Dembele)

Safe to say that I didn't expect Cesar Montes to pop up with 2 goals before the match! Both goals were a replica of each other as he got on the end of a Dani Olmo free kick at the back post and headed home.

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
ffs.png

Lineup
- Michel Costa, Aarons (Briggs), Montes, Varela (Godfrey), Renan Lodi, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho, Silva

Disgraceful. We were 2-0 up and cruising but then we conceded once and basically shat it as we stopped creating chances and it was just a matter of time before Chelsea went ahead. Fuming!!!

--

bmth.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Renan Lodi, Tonali, Longstaff (Bellingham), Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Silva

What the **** is happening? Once again we were truly awful and we didn't deserve anything. Mejbri put us ahead with a world class strike but they levelled in stoppage time with a wonder goal of their own. We are really struggling at the moment. My forwards aren't scoring and we are just struggling all over really.

Liverpool lost the previous game week so fortunately we are still ahead but just by 2pts.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Varela, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe*, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho, Silva (Parent)

More dropped points but at least we got a point having been 2-0 down. Liverpool also drew so we are getting pretty lucky. Silva has failed to score in his last 7 league starts, Sancho 5 and Olmo 8!!!!

--

5-1.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Briggs, Ljubicic, Godfrey, Chilwell, Longstaff, Bellingham (Moriba), Dembele, Olmo, Fati (Locatelli), Silva (Parent*)

This match came just 2 days after the Arsenal one so I was forced into making 7 changes here. In the end we somehow won 5-1 thanks to Yves Parent. I had arranged to make the sub just as Silva scored the 2nd and I went ahead with it and Parent came on and scored a hat-trick in under 10min to give the scoreline a more emphatic look.

--

SUMMARY

Somehow and don't ask me how we are 5pts clear at the top of the table after we had a pretty dismal month. In the league we were far from convincing and although we won the huge match against Liverpool we dropped points to Wolves, Bournemouth and Arsenal and even when we won matches we failed to impress - including the 5-1 win over Norwich.

In the Champions league we saw off Vitoria Guimaraes and will play Roma in the knockout stages while in the Carabao Cup we were eliminated as holders as we threw away a 2 goal lead away to Chelsea to lose 3-2.

I seem to remember last season having a bad month and we came back on fire - lets hope it happens again!

Fabio Silva won the Ballon D'or and World Player of the Year, Mbappe won a mens player of the year I think and Donnarumma won the goalkeeper of the year. Oh and Cesar Montes is the best player in Central America which isnt a shock.

Now for Scotland news. In the World Cup qualifiers we have been drawn in a group alongside Holland, Iceland, Belarus, Kosovo and Andorra.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CESAR MONTES
MONTES.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
DEC.png

Manager Moves

Spurs sack Jurgen Klinsmann
Brighton sack Marco Giampaolo and appoint Mark Van Bommel
Erik Ten Hag sacked as Leicester manager
Chelsea appoint Leonardo Jardim
Ernesto Valverde is the new manager of Wolves​

Attachments

• 1580661660275.png
    1580661660275.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 59
1580715411994.png

Kenny Wharton
1978-89
Defender
290 apps, 26 goals

Wharton started his career at Newcastle and was a decent servant to the club. In one match against Luton Town he actually sat on the ball to mock their opponents. He later went on to become a youth coach at Newcastle.

--

JANUARY

soton.png

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Aarons, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Mejbri, Sancho (Fati), Silva (Parent)

For the 2nd successive game we score 5 goals away from home and once again Yves Parent came off the bench to score as he got a brace here after grabbing a hat-trick in the last match.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
hudders.png

Lineup
- Michel Costa, Briggs, Ljubicic, Varela, Renan Lodi, Longstaff, Bellingham, Dembele (Mitchell), Mejbri (Zajic), Fati (Locatelli), Parent*

Yves Parent is at it again but this time from the start! I took a risk by playing my backups against a Premier League team but they won easily although we were helped by the fact they had Kabasele sent-off after only 3min. Dembele had a goal disallowed for us.

As for Yves Parent - in the last 3 games he has started once and came off the bench twice and he has scored 9 goals and overall is only 2 goals behind our top scorer Fabio Silva.

--

bristol.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Godfrey*, Varela, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Mjerbi), Sancho (Fati), Parent (Silva)

I had to drop World Player of the Year, Fabio Silva, here as Parent's form was so good and having compared the 2 Parent looked better but he was **** lol. As it was Silva came off the bench and had a goal disallowed.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Godfrey, Varela, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali, Palacios*, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Parent

We gain revenge on of our Carabao Cup defeat here as 2 of my defenders scored to get us the win. Kylian Mbappe missed a penalty too.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Donnarumma, Aarons, Godfrey, Varela, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Longstaff, Palacios, Mbappe, Olmo (Mejbri), Sancho (Fati), Silva*

An amazing result as we thrash Arsenal in their own ground. Fabio Silva scored a hat-trick to show Yves Parent that he is still top dog.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
palace.png

Lineup
- Michel Costa, Briggs, Godfrey, Ljubicic, Renan Lodi, Longstaff (Zajic), Bellingham*, Dembele, Mejbri, Fati (Locatelli), Parent (Alcock)

Meh. I suppose drawing the match means my backups will get an extra game. Ben Godfrey had a goal disallowed. Robbie Ward - my regen who I sold for £40m is on loan at Palace and scored against us the *****.

--

SUMMARY

We have started 2025 not too badly. We have extended our lead at the top of the table to 9pts and we are still unbeaten with the highlight of the month being the 5-1 away win over Arsenal. Yves Parent and Fabio Silva have been banging in goals for me and at the moment Silva has 21 goals, Parent 17 and Mbappe 16 - credit to Parent who is my reserve striker!

Now to transfers. I signed a few cheap regens but nobody amazing but I did sell Jean Pyerre to Sheffield United for £16m which is a bit less than I was wanting but it was all profit. Freddy Woodman left to join Derby County for £3.4m while I loaned out a few players to the MLS for £2.5m a piece. As for pre-contracts there wasn't anyone huge who was at a decent age but I will keep an eye on it. I have arranged to sign a Mexican CB but most of the best players were above 30y/o and that obviously restricts the sell on value so I steer clear.

Woodman's departure means that only Sean Longstaff remains at the club from before I arrived and only Dani Olmo was signed in my first season.

Paris Saint-Germain bid £96m for Ansu Fati but I refused it and now he is annoyed.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YVES PARENT
parent.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

Manager Moves

Antonio Conte is the new manager of Spurs
Niko Kovac leaves Aston Villa to become Leicester manager
Cristian Stellini rocks up at Aston Villa

Transfers
transfers.png

Last edited:
Blimey Chelsea are doing shocking for this season on yours. Solid work though and Parent looks like a real talent