O'Neill set to take over at West Ham

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Martin O'Neill is set to replace Avram Grant as manager of West Ham after Saturday's match against Arsenal, BBC Sport understands.

More...

Intriguing indeed! I feel bad for hoping West Ham go down, but I do nonetheless. Sorry Hammers.

Also, it's brilliant to think that Steve Sidwell is sitting at home crying in a corner of a room after reading about this. :D

Kinda hard to believe but... it will be good for the hammers!

So happy about this, O'Neill done a fantastic job at Villa, Celtic and Leicester and will be great with us :)

The thing I worry about is... West Ham have a few of the ingredients for a O'Neill team, but not all of them. Target man, check. Solid fullbacks, check. Hard working box to boxer, very check. Out and out wingers who work hard up and down the line, with good crossing ability? Not quite. Still, MON is quality if a little lackadaisical. He'll want money, though...

I agree GodCubed. Sidwell's probably rounding up people to play Russian Roulette right now.

The message in your name says otherwise :p hehe!

Lol no, I will back Avram Grant whilst he is here but O'Neill is a quality manager and tbh im shocked that he is coming to us .

the hammers may pull off a miraculous escape after all

Great for Hammers, O' Neill is a class manager who made players such as Barry and Milner

I am VERY pleased about this change. Only rumours and sources at the moment, nothing confirmed yet. But too hard not to get excited if O'Neill can emulate what he did at Villa, Celtic and Leicester

Oh and another thing: if you want him to develop youth, you'll be disappointed. He never plays youth - ever.

Martin O'Neills claret and blue army!

Quality news, talks have been going on all week.. Feel abit sorry for Grant but he does have to go, bottom of the league says it all, heres for a win today and a nice transfer kitty for O'neill!

judas o'neill! what will happen when you sell parker green upson and he isn't given the funds to spend? he'll walk! ruined our whole season with his attitude at the start of the season!

the thing i worry about is the man has an amazing record against us!! and he will be there for the second leg.

there goes our wembley chances. we were considered favourites to progress to the final by many i wonder if those odds will slash

Surprised Martin would have went there, No offence hammers. But I think hes the right man to save them if given the funds. Hated him at Celtic because he was a quality manager, Glad he left worst mistake Celtic made getting rid of him.

the thing i worry about is the man has an amazing record against us!! and he will be there for the second leg.

there goes our wembley chances. we were considered favourites to progress to the final by many i wonder if those odds will slash

Mate you were fearing the worst when Grant was in charge, like you now I think we won't get to the final without grant, hes a cup genius!

I was never fearing the worst with Grant in charge, iv never rated him as a manager.
We were favourites to go through with only 1 goal against us and the second leg being at Stan's.

Grant me be a cup "genius", but MON's record against us is ridiculous!!

Surprised Martin would have went there, No offence hammers. But I think hes the right man to save them if given the funds. Hated him at Celtic because he was a quality manager, Glad he left worst mistake Celtic made getting rid of him.

None taken pal I totally agree :)

This is totally out of order. Grant has won 4 of last 7 and only lost 1 in that time. This is a joke. O'Sullivan and Gold you are mugs, Heres hoping you get relegated for this stupidity.