Out With The Old, In With The Youth.

Cole89

Reaction score
Before I start this, I would just like to say that I already have two stories open at the moment but my laptop has been a real pain in the ****. I have had to wipe everything off it which means fm went as well along with the two saves I had. So here I am starting a new one.
The first post will be up hopefully within the next hour which will include transfer targets, tactics, friendly results, completed transfers and august league results.

I have decided to take on Chelsea, and completely reshape their ageing squad.

Pre-Season & August

My transfer targets

Edinson Cavani Napoli to replace saloman Kalou because i cant stand him lol.
Leandro Damiao Internacional to replace Didier Drogba his contracts up at the end of the season.
Neymar Santos to replace nicolas anelka surplus to requirements.
Lucas Moura Sao Paulo to replace florent Malouda wrong side of 30
sime Vrsaljko Nk Dinamo Backup for branislav ivanovic

Friendly Results

View attachment 204857
Overall a decent pre-season with 19 goals scored and only 2 conceded.

Transfers
In
View attachment 204860
disappointed not being able to get more of my transfer targets, I probably paid way too much for cavani but he's only 24 and I'm pretty sure he can repay the £31million we paid for him. Santos wanted £62million for neymar and they wouldn't budge which is surprising considering i usually get him for £18million, Damiao agreed a contract but failed his medical, Sao Paulo wanted £55million for Lucas Moura which is his minimum release fee, no way i was willing to pay that much for him, I'll try again in January. Vrsaljko rejected my contract in favour of Newcastle, WHAT THE **** IS HE THINKING!!!.

Out
View attachment 204861
Spurs offered me £17.5million for Drogba but i wasn't going to sell him to a league rival. disappointed with the fee for Anelka, least he's of the wage bill though. Malouda's fee I'm quite surprised with, i wasn't expecting that much for him.

Results

View attachment 204862
A good solid start against the welsh side, with goals from debutant's Juan Mata and Edinson Cavani.

View attachment 204863
Another decent performance from the lads, another goal from Cavani and a Torres strike seals all three points.

View attachment 204864
A cracking performance from start to finish, wigan were never really in the game. A blinding hat-trick from Torres say's that he's going to be among the goals this season.

The Champions League draw
View attachment 204865View attachment 204866 Haha are they being serious?

The League Cup draw
View attachment 204867

I probably would have sold Drogba to Spurs for 17.5 Mil at his age

Yeah maybe but i didn't want to risk him coming back and biting me on the **** or so to speak

You can bite back twice as hard with Cavani and Torres + an extra 7.5 mil in the bank ;)

September

League Results

View attachment 204977
A stupid mistake by Frank Lampard allowed Rooney to score from the spot and give United the win.

View attachment 204978
Much better performance after the game against Man Utd.

View attachment 204979
Thank you Christopher Samba.

Champions League Results

View attachment 204980
When the groups were drawn the media said i needed to get a result against OM, here it is. Lukaku the beast.

View attachment 204981
Really don't know what happened here as I used the same team from the OM game and we got hammered.

League Cup 3RD Round

View attachment 204982
I put out mostly reserve players for this game and thankfully it worked out. We've been drawn away to Newcastle in the 4TH round.

I notice that half or less of your shoots don't reach target, do you shout "work ball into box"?

When i start using it with my team, it completely changed the results

yeah cavani is the best beast u can get in attack altho not sure if u want him to play 2 top or 1 top

liking the story. keep it up

I notice that half or less of your shoots don't reach target, do you shout "work ball into box"?

When i start using it with my team, it completely changed the results

Cheers mate I might try that

yeah cavani is the best beast u can get in attack altho not sure if u want him to play 2 top or 1 top

liking the story. keep it up
I play with a 4-1-2-2-1 with cavani and mata out on the wings and torres upfront on his own

October

League Results

View attachment 205132
Wow look at the difference in shots, really don't know how we didn't score.

View attachment 205133
Lampard scores his first goal of the season, but its overshadowed by the injury of Fernando Torres who we'll be without for 4 months after tearing his calf.

View attachment 205134
Thats more like it, a result that shows are performance off. Willian scoring a brace and Lamps scoring again.

View attachment 205135
We had to come from behind to win this, a brace of penalties from Lamps makes it 4 goals in 3 league games now.

Champions League Results

View attachment 205137
Frankie with yet another goal from the penalty spot secures a point.

League Cup Results

View attachment 205138
Not particularly happy at losing this although i did put out an extremely weakened team.

Tactics

View attachment 205139
Here's the tactics i was supposed to post before but forgot. This is my preferable starting XI when everyone is fully fit.

Not sure if there will be another update today or not as the Chelsea V Bayer Leverkusen match is about to kick off, but in the next one i will post the League table in case anyone is interested.

November

League Results

View attachment 205174
Lampard continues his fine goal scoring form as Juan Mata claims the M.O.M award.

View attachment 205175
Don't understand this result, it just goes to show how bad the outfield players were when our best rated player was the goalkeeper with an 8.0 despite conceding 2.

View attachment 205176
A good solid win to end the month on a high.

Champions League Results

View attachment 205177
A great win which puts us in pole position to qualify top of the group, a win against OM in the next match will seal our place in the knock-out stages.

View attachment 205178
All we needed was a win..... a bit gutted we didn't get at least a point especially when they scored the winner in the 95TH minute. We're now on the verge of being knocked out, need a result against Basel without fail.

League Table

View attachment 205179

December

League Results

View attachment 205199
Yet another penalty from Lampard and a goal from Cavani gives us all 3 points.

View attachment 205200
Completely dominated this game, Lukaku opened the scoring before Lamps scores yet another penalty and meireles finishing the scoring off.

View attachment 205201
Payback for the League cup defeat earlier on in the season, to some surprise we got another penalty but A.Cole stepped up to slot it in instead of Lamps, Rodrigo scored his first for the club since transferring from Benfica.

View attachment 205202
A vital win for the team as carragher's own goal sends us top of the league and 2 points clear of second place Man City.

View attachment 205203
Norwich were never really going to win this, if it wasn't for our lack of accuracy it could've been a lot more than 4.

View attachment 205204
They put up a brave fight in the last 20 minutes or so but just couldn't do enough to prevent us from taking all 3 points.

Champions League Results, Final Table & The Knock out draw

View attachment 205206
As you can imagine I was sweating a bit when Basel took the lead in the 11TH minute, goals from Cavani,Terry and a brace from Juan Mata secured the all important win we needed to qualify.

View attachment 205207
As you can see it was a bit tight going into the last games but we did it.

View attachment 205208
I think we've been relatively lucky with draw as I don't see Leverkusen providing much of a threat.

Managed to win the manager of the month award for December, wahooo.
View attachment 205209

January

Transfers
In
View attachment 205230
I tried to bring in Sergio Busquets on loan but he rejected me in favour for a £16.5 million move to Inter Milan, lucas Piazon was a transfer that was agreed before the start of the season so it was out of my control. I'm hoping to make the Di Maria loan permanent in the summer transfer window just to add a bit more depth in the attacking region.

Out
View attachment 205249
Todd Kane is just a youngster that I've sent out to gain first team experience, finally got rid of Kalou, not bothered one bit about the fee either, I would've given him away for free if nobody had bid for him. The contract of Carl Magnay had ran out and I felt he wasn't going to break into the first team any time soon so I decided to release him.

League Results

View attachment 205250
Great win as I put out a slightly weakened team against the swans.

View attachment 205251
This was a lot closer than I would've liked it to be, thankfully Cavani popped up to score the winner.

View attachment 205252
I think I'm going to have to have a word with my strikers after this game, how could they not score? its only Wigan.

View attachment 205253
YES!!! this has to be the best result of the season so far despite Man Utd being without Rooney through injury, Super Lamps scores the opener through a penalty, Torres made his comeback from injury after being out since halfway through October to score the goal that clinched the 3 points.

Fa Cup results
3RD Round

View attachment 205269
Great start to the fa cup campaign, and yes that is alex the defender lol not sure how he scored 4 though.

4TH Round

View attachment 205270
Another easy tie and another hat-trick, this time from Edinson Cavani.

The 5TH Round Draw

It has been good to me yet again I feel we've got a real chance to win it this year.

View attachment 205271

Next update will be tomorrow as i really cant be arsed tonight, it'll be february till may so its going to be a big 1.