Outsiders Auction Game - The Story

End of Sixth Season Update

Premier League

View attachment 102415

It was tight between the top 3 although Obi Wan Kenobi Nil win the title on goal difference over their rivals No Punt Intended. As expeced, Lescott's Head went straight back down to the second division although they were joined by Riibena FC who have now got the nickname of the yo-yo team.

View attachment 102416

No individual from Obi Wan Kenobi Nil was even in the top performers charts which shows it really was a team effort with goals from all areas of the team. Alexis Sanchez had another great individual season for Al's Bumders.

Second Division

View attachment 102417

The scoring machines that are Danish Butter Cookies FC won automatic promotion with a 5 point gap over their oppositions. Over 100 goals were scored with an average of 2.9 goals per game. This has to be taken with a pinch of salt as the league is looking quite weak now that the top teams in the auction leagues are secure in the premier division.

View attachment 102418

A really open game and great for the neutrals. Carlos Eduardo must have really rued his miss from the spot kick but made up for it by assisting Greek international Mantzios in the last minute of extra time.

View attachment 102419

Carlos Vela & Angel Di Maria were again top dogs for Danish Butter Cookies FC although as always, Stevan Jovetic produced another good season display for Scoregasm.

Auction Cup

View attachment 102424

Arguably the best cup team in the auction leagues, Zigic Rovers secured an Auction Cup win after last seasons Europa League success.

View attachment 102425

With only 10 men for 40 minutes of the match, Zigic Rovers did well to hang on until Penalties in which they triumphed over No Punt Intended. Over the coarse of the game, Zigic Rovers probably had the best chances although were unable to take them but still came out deserved winners.

Champions League

View attachment 102429

A great turnout of Auction Premier League teams this season with 3 out of 4 of the semi-finalists from the blossoming league.

View attachment 102428

An early burst from Mario Balotelli looked to secure Wireless Winners the title although Obi Wan Kenobi Nil clawed their way back into it. Karim Benzema scored a real poachers goal in the 3rd minute of extra time to end Obi Wan Kenobi's hopes.

Europa League

View attachment 102430

Previous champions Zigic Rovers were beaten on away goals by the winners Juventus.​

I'm yet to see my team in the quarter finals of the cup

yes won the cup and nearly retained the europa league.
probably why i only came sixth in the league.
Have to win the league this season

Almost threw it away but we are back in the big time :)

Pretty **** season for me! :(

Always next season!

Finally won the League. A joke I missed out on the Champions League though.

Come on you OWKN!

Wireless Winners should be full steam ahead of me now, after that CL win.

**** you Zigic Rovers/Obi Wan Kenobi Nil. :( So close to a league and cup double.

Can we have a points update soon?

Last edited:
No Punt Intended: 56 points
Zigic Rovers: 50 points
Obi Wan Kenobi Nil: 46 points
I like rice FC: 38 points
Al's Bumders: 25 points
Scoregasm: 24 points
Sub-Standard Liege: 19 points
FC Winning Eleven: 15 points
Irn Bru: 15 points
Danish Butter Cookies FC: 14 points
Elite FC: 12 points
Riibena FC: 10 points
Dan's Valiant XI: 7 points
Los Ríos Allstars: 6 points
Lescott's Head: 2 points
Musgrave's XI: 0 points
Middlesbrough > Newcastle: -2 points
hG BIF: -8 points
Smarties: -9 points​

I'm going to Devon for a week so won't be able to update for ages :'(

Start of Seventh Season

Premier League

View attachment 105058

Sub-Standard Liege are the surprise leaders closely followed by No Punt Intended who are looking to catch up with Wireless Winners in the overall points leaderboard. Danish Butter Cookies FC have surprised most pundits managing to stay out of the relegation zone largely thanks to their strikeforce and keeper Sergio Asenjo.

View attachment 105059

Sergio Aguero has managed to start the season well with 9 goals from 11 appearances. Wireless Winner's strikers have been impressive although haven't scored enough goals for their manager's liking.

Second Division

View attachment 105060

Bookies favourite, Scoregasm, have started off reasonably well and are comfortably at the top of the league. It looks like only 4 teams have a realistic chance of getting in the promotion places.

View attachment 105061

Ander & Alberto Paloschi have been linking up well for Dan's Valiant XI but haven't got much support from their teammates and is reflected in their poor league position. Leo Messi has also put in some fantastic performances for his team and their hopes of promotion will probably rest on his shoulders.​

third again and Sergio Romero already has 5 motms, looks like i could be going downhill

Really need to finish top of the table if I want to catch up to Wireless Winners.

Premier League

View attachment 105176

No Punt Intended have a 6 point lead with 4 games remaining so it looks like they will be crowned champions. Danish Butter Cookies FC are all but safe at the bottom aswell.

View attachment 105177

The strikeforce of No Punt Intended have performed well this season especially Loic Remy who has really matured this season and produced what was expected of him from his manager.

Second Division

View attachment 105178

Scoregasm & Riibena FC have to fight it out for the promotion to the premier league whilst Elite FC just have to try and get some form for the inevitable play-off.

View attachment 105179

Scoregasm's attackers have done well as a unit although the large number of draws saw them slip off the top spot. All 4 attacking players have really produced for their team and will be very unlucky if they end up not to be playing in top flight football next season.​

Very pleased with my team again. Hopefully this will get us that step closer to the top of the overall table.

No Punt Intended ftw. :wub:

lol at my team scoring 31 in 32 and conceding 23 in 32, not very high scoring matches

FC Winning Eleven FTW
But in all seriousness we are like Blackburn, never right up there but never too close to relegation

End of Seventh Season Update

Premier League

View attachment 105253

No Punt Intended have regained the title with real ease and their title rivals Wireless Winners just missed out on getting 3rd space which will be an added bonus for them. No surprise that Irn Bru & Al's Bumders were relegated.

View attachment 105254

The two No Punt Intended strikers remained on top of the goalscoring chart whilst Robert Acquafresca provided the most goals for his team with 12 assists.

Second Division

View attachment 105255

Riibena FC managed to fend off Scoregasm to clinch the automatic promotion place whilst Lescott's Head made a great effort to get into the promotion play-off, only to be beaten by Scoregasm.

View attachment 105256

View attachment 105257

Stefano Okaka managed to get the golden boot with 22 goals for the stuggling Los Ríos Allstars. Jovetic & Ozil were on top form again for Scoregasm and deserve to be playing in the premier league.

Auction Cup

View attachment 105258

Wireless Winners really got going at the semi finals stage when they took apart a strong No Punt Intended side. This is valuable points for them in the overall title.

View attachment 105259

Both teams had a few good chances although Wireless Winners were just more clinical on the day.

Champions League

View attachment 105260

Both the top teams in the auction premier league were knocked out disappointingly in the quarter finals.

Europa League

View attachment 105261

A great run by I like rice FC saw their season end on a high, only to be slaughtered by a powerful Chelsea side.

View attachment 105263

The scoreline didn't really reflect the game fairly as both teams had lots of shots on goal. The late first half goal by Edin Dzeko really ended the tie for I like rice FC unfortunately.​