Overrated/Underrated Players in FM12

Maetresacker is overrated IMO. Sure he's got worldclass defensive stats, but his speed and agility are ****-poor!

he's a slow ****. lol. ;)

i think his stats are just fine. but compared to others around, like vermaelean, vermaelean edge him more. not to mention sometimes kosicelny can be better than Per Merts too. ;)

I dont' like kosicelny much either unfortunately, so I replaced him with Alvaro Dominguez from Athletico Madrid (younger, better). I bought Ryan Shawcross as my replacement for Maetresacker, since he's more well-rounded and just as tall (and cheaper, english, and younger to boot!)

John Fleck is so overrated in this game it's unreal.

John Fleck is indeed vastly over-rated... but not as over-rated as Ranger's financial health... (6)

Underrated:

Daniel Sturridge

Rickie Lambert

Jordan Rhodes

Edit (thought of more - a lot more apparently):

Demba Ba

James Mcclean

Stephane Sessegnon

Thomas Vermaelen

Vincent Kompany (I think anyway)

David Silva (He's good, but not as good as he is IRL)

Lionel Messi

Cristiano Ronaldo (Both he and Messi never, ever score as many goals in game as they do in real life)

Ezequiel Lavezzi

Michael Carrick

Luis Suarez (Pains me to say because I hate him)

Alex Chamberlain

Kieran Gibbs

Kyle Walker

Fraizer Campbell

Gareth Bale

Ryan Taylor

Micah Richards

Danny Welbeck

Michel Vorm

Ashley Young

Sebastian Larsson

Adam Johnson

Nathan Dyer

Joe Allen

Leon Britton (Better than Xavi IRL, apparently...)

Jordi Gomez

Neil Taylor

Grant Holt

Jack Colback

Craig Bellamy

Hatem Ben Arfa

I could keep adding names, and make a list just as long for over-rated players. Howver, as somebody else said, a lot (but certainly not all) attributes are pretty much correct for when they were actually implemented.

Last edited:
Overrated:
Arshavin : his stats look really world class in FM!
Huntelaar : He fail at Milan and Madrid yet get 20 for finishing????
Cardozo : Same as Huntelaar. Never heard of him but I'm speechless that he got 19 finishing 18 composure.
Gotze: Last year I'm surprised at his poor mental stats but now he has the stats that is comparable to David Silva??And I haven't mention that he's just 19 years
Alexis Sanchez : Last year he's underrated but now his overrated as ****! Just one fairly decent season at Udinese and look at his fkin stats now!!
Willian: how come a player with his stats haven't earn Brazil cap?

So he failed at Milan/Real? You never heard of him, so you don't know his best assets IRL are indeed his finishing and composure (add long shots and free kicks to the list). The only Finisher I've seen at the same level was Falcao. Cardozo is certainly overrated, but not his finishing/composure.

Rodrigo, from Benfica, seems to be underrated.

chamakh has proven himself last season IRL he was banging in the goals its just coz rvp is fit dat he doesnt play many games he is low on confidence :)

last season gervinho got double figures in goals and assists for lille so dont say to much and andre santos is brazilian and tevez isnt that quick kagawas stats are finecreativity is meant for playmaker as he has decent crossing bales pace is fine nani is not a playmaker hamsiks stats are fine carrolls of thr ball is fine. alves is fine i agree ith richards suarez and RVP are fine arshavins stats are fine but he has low consistancy huntelaars stats r fine and so is cardoso gotze=wonderkid sanchez is the same as last year willian cant get a cap coz brazil are so awsome

overrated: Torres, Chamack, Douglas Costa

underrated: Demba Ba, De Gea

chamakh has proven himself last season IRL he was banging in the goals

All SEVEN of them, in 29 games?

Chamakh is way overrated in game, he's nowhere near what he used to be at Bordeaux.

I'd have go with Messi. Don't get me wrong, i love the guy, but IRL he is nowhere near a complete player (199PA).

Hmmm... All the following are underrated: Haris Vuckic, Tim Krul, Gutierrez, Demba Ba, Ryan Taylor, Tiote.

Jay Spearing, Martin Kelly, Micah Richards, Craig Bellamy and maybe Charlie Adam are all underrated.

All SEVEN of them, in 29 games?

Chamakh is way overrated in game, he's nowhere near what he used to be at Bordeaux.

haha this, and Bordeaux is another totaly different story