Ovro's 4-6-0 Possession/CCC Tactic Discussion Thread.

Liam

Reaction score
So the Strikerless 2-3-2-3....
View attachment 271797
Key:
Blue Lines Represent Potential Runs
Yellow Lines Represent Passing Triangles.

TACTIC STATISTICS

So as you can see from the diagram above retaining possession is not an issue, with various triangles and fluidity the team can retain the possession for 60-80% Of the match. (Results based on 3 Season's of testing)
Average Possession: 72% Over the course of 110 Matches. Lowest Rating: 58%. Highest Rating: 86%.

So as you can see the forward 3 players can make a variety of dangerous runs into the opposing teams box, but what might surprise you is that whilst these 3 make these runs, the rest of the midfield slots into there advanced positions, allowing us to keep the pressure and momentum.
Average CCC's: 4 Over the course of 110 Matches. Lowest Rating: 2 Highest Rating: 9

Now you must be wondering how stable the defence is. Well considering we have a high proportion of possession per game, we not only limit the oppositions amount of chances but sometimes we prevent them even having a chance, that and the addition of a BWM in the middle of the park, we have created a sound defence capable of also launching attacks.
Average Goals Conceded Per Game: 0.36 Over the course of 110 Matches. Highest Conceded: 3.

Now without a striker, how do we score goals? Well this was the bit that stumped me for a while, my team just couldn't score. So I make a few tweaks, tweaked some player settings. And now we average at 2.41 goals per game.
Average Goals Scored Per Game: 2.41 Over the course of 110 Matches. Highest Scored 7.

Okay now what I'm about to tell you, came as a big surprise to me. Basically your player's condition, do you often have problems with players being on just 75% condition at half time? Well with this tactic your players are more compressed, meaning less movement, resulting in.
Average Player Condition at Half Time: 92%. Average Player Condition at Full time: 83%

MATCH PREPARATION AND PITCH SIZE

Match Preparation:
High on Teamwork until Fluent.
Average on Defensive Positioning during the season, with the occasional switch to Attacking Movement.

Pitch Size:
Maximum works fine for me.

PLAYER RECOMMENDATION'S

Player Recommendations:

Left Wing Back/Right Wing Back:

Needs to be pacey, good defensively, and good going forward and with the ball at his feet, must be able to pick a pass.
Examples. Pablo Armero, Cezar Azicupuelta, Dani Alves, Marcelo

Defensive Midfielder/Deep Lying Playmaker:
Needs to have good passing, tackling, marking, creativity and anticipation.
Examples: Yann M'Vila, Ettiene Capoue, Marko Verratti, Stefan Defour

Ball Winning Midfielder:
Needs to be good with tackling, marking, anticipation, determination, teamwork and work rate, but due to this tactic having fairly good passing will help.
Examples: Yann M'Vila, Alex Song, Busquets, Ever Banega.

Central Advanced Playmaker:
Good passing, creativity, composure, finishing, technique and stamina, long shots.
Examples: Dario Conca, Walter Montillo, Mikel Arteta, Axel Witsel

Wide Advanced Playmaker's:
Passing, Dribbling, technique, finishing, composure, creativity.
Examples: Santi Cazorla, Jesus Navas, Jorge Valdivio, Esteban Granero, Sergio Cales, Leon Pedro.

Inside Forward/AMC:
Your Inside Forward/AMC has basically got to be a midfielder/striker in one. So high finishing, passing, compusure, creativity, long shots are pretty vital.
Examples: Gylfi Siggurdson, Allessandro Del Piero, Totti, Robin Van Persie, Lukask Podolski.

A FEW SCREENSHOTS (MORE TO FOLLOW)

Those Famous Triangles And Finding The Free Space...
View attachment 271824 Red - Potential Passes/Triangular Shapes. Yellow - Potential Runs into Space.

An Average Game - Post Match Statistics
View attachment 271840Note there total lack of chances, due to our ability to win the ball back so fast. And our 5 CCC's. We won 3-0.

Current Release: V1.0

For me this will be a continuous project until I'm fully satisfied, so expect updates and screenshots.

Link to tactic: Ovro's 4-6-0 (2-3-2-3-0) Superior Possession/CCC's - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats
Alternative Link: 2-3-2-3-0 A New Era (Arsenal, Jul 2011).tac - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Alternative Link: 2-3-2-3-0 A New Era (Arsenal, Jul 2011).tac

Current Downloads: 1,408

Last edited by a moderator:
this looks like a very good setup mate, I like the fact you have tested it over a long period of time to get an average! I look forward to seeing this and trying it out myself, I hope its good...

one question though, is this completely your own tactic from start to finish?

this looks like a very good setup mate, I like the fact you have tested it over a long period of time to get an average! I look forward to seeing this and trying it out myself, I hope its good...

one question though, is this completely your own tactic from start to finish?

Hey! Yeah it is, after trying various other SPAIN 2012 tactics with Arsenal, and seeing none work to the effect I wanted, I set myself a challenge 2 weeks ago of creating one that works, and does everything I need it too.

Sure the goals per match could be higher, but it works. And does the job.

I hope you do give it a try, because if anyone can get more goals out of it, it's you. :p

Sure the goals per match could be higher, but it works. And does the job.

. :p

As it does not look like a tactic exploiting the match engine, I would say that you have scored plenty.

looking forward to this currently have a 4-3-3 set up at LFC in 2016 with a regen who's an Am im playing as a deep lying forward so having a 4-6-0 will be brilliant!

looking forward to this currently have a 4-3-3 set up at LFC in 2016 with a regen who's an Am im playing as a deep lying forward so having a 4-6-0 will be brilliant!

Ah well I'm uploading it now! :) So enjoy :)

Great OP mate - well done...

Is it a classic style tactic or a one done in the tactic creator?

It mustn't be available to download yet as the link isn't working for me.

Any chance of uploading it to another site?

Great OP mate - well done...

Is it a classic style tactic or a one done in the tactic creator?

It mustn't be available to download yet as the link isn't working for me.

Any chance of uploading it to another site?

Ah it's still undergoing moderation review, I'll stick it on mediafire or something, it's not classic no :p
Although I rarely use them, being able to command my players on the pitch is something I like :p

Brilliant mate - thanks for that.

What success did you have in your save, over the 110 games?

Do you use anything special that I should know about - like Opposition Instructions, Teamtalks etc?

TBH can you expedite the process of getting it ready to download from Fm-base please?

Brilliant mate - thanks for that.

What success did you have in your save, over the 110 games?

Do you use anything special that I should know about - like Opposition Instructions, Teamtalks etc?

I let Steve Bould do the opposition instructions as for team talks, I passionately tell them win, and then give midfielders and defenders the whole You've been good, but you're capable of better, then I individually tell the goalkeeper the same.

Cant wait till it ready to download - Looks good tactic -And like the long testing of it