Own goal gifts Man Utd late draw

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 129
  • Views Views 7K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United salvage a 2-2 draw against Sunderland as an unfortunate Anton Ferdinand scores a late own goal.

More...

Lucky... Lucky... Lucky... as always.

How is it class? You drew 2-2 with Sunderland.

I didn't watch the game so I dunno why luck is mentioned.

Well Man Utd did get slightly lucky because I don't think the ball was going in. Correct me if I am wrong though.

the ball wasnt going in, it is class as united score late goals by never giving up or stoping, at lot of teams would of stopped and thought this isnt our day

Also Richardson got sent off for kicking a football

No team in the Prem would give up like you are suggesting. :S

the ball wasnt going in, it is class as united score late goals by never giving up or stoping, at lot of teams would of stopped and thought this isnt our day

Correction: Anton ferdinand scored a late own goal, not united

well, i am pretty sure some do,

richardson was laready booked, kicking the ball away is dissent which causes a secound booking which he got.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Correction: Anton ferdinand scored a late own goal, not united

unless i am missing something, anton didnt just pass it into the net, he was under pressure from utds players and a shot by a united player, and by your logic united didnt beat arseanal they scored, diaby did:D. and utd could of won it and the end.

Sunderland deserved to win, even you should admit it scott.

yh they did deserve to, but it wherent lucky frankie it was just, with never say never or never right utd off attidude tht they have, they dont get lucky tht many times, it is just a crusade against united

really poor performance from united.
rooney was poor. scholes was poor. nani was hopeless.
jones was a monster for sunderland.
richardson deserved the red. the amount of timewasting from sunderland was appalling.
:(

really poor performance from united.
rooney was poor. scholes was poor. nani was hopeless.
jones was a monster for sunderland.
richardson deserved the red. the amount of timewasting from sunderland was appalling.
:(

Yeah it wasn't the best. They all seemed a bit angry at each other.

Nani showed today what he is. He clearly does have talent locked away somewhere, he just always fails to use it. He delivered plenty of good balls into the box today but apart from that he was poor.

Richardson did deserve the red card as it was just daft. Anton Ferdinand got booked for the exact same thing minutes before you would have thought Richardson was paying attention. Footballers.

Sunderland deserved to win, even you should admit it scott.

Ha OK then. Sunderland didn't play as well as it sounded. They had a good spell in the first half when Man Utd were just abysmal and then were hardly involved for the rest of the game until they managed to get a second goal (against the run of play).

yh they did deserve to, but it wherent lucky frankie it was just, with never say never or never right utd off attidude tht they have, they dont get lucky tht many times, it is just a crusade against united

Never said it was lucky. Deep down I admire United for the way they keep going. (6)

And, Richardson was kicking the ball back to where the foul was. anything wrong with that ? :O

from where i was it looked like he kicked it off the pitch which was most definetly not where the freekick was.:P

And, Richardson was kicking the ball back to where the foul was. anything wrong with that ? :O

He wasn't. I know that's what he and a few other Sunderland players were claiming but he simply kicked it away and not towards where the foul was committed. He was probably just annoyed about the very soft free kick awarded.

Back