Own goal gifts Man Utd late draw

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 129
  • Views Views 7K
United didn't show up. Rooney - Was this Wayne Rooney? Or was it his twin brother for Oyster FC? Nani - He wasn't playing well, but amazing balls into the box. Berbatov seriously I liked him with Evra. Foster - Why isn't Kuz in goal?

Ha OK then. Sunderland didn't play as well as it sounded. They had a good spell in the first half when Man Utd were just abysmal and then were hardly involved for the rest of the game until they managed to get a second goal (against the run of play).

We deserved the win played better football and wanted it more we played like lions and were unlucky. Vidic couldn't handle Jones and Reid has one of the best footballing brains around

well done sunderland should have taken all three points but at old trafford its never easy and dosen`t help when daft refing desiccison that only happen at old trafford cost u but i bet any sunderland fan would have taken a point before the match? so don`t think of it a 2 points lost more like 1 point gained:)

Ha OK then. Sunderland didn't play as well as it sounded. They had a good spell in the first half when Man Utd were just abysmal and then were hardly involved for the rest of the game until they managed to get a second goal (against the run of play).

You need to give Sunderland a bit more credit. To go to Old Trafford and come away with point is a great result let alone being a few minutes away from a win. As bad as United were Sunderland were brilliant at the back, especially Turner. It could well have been 3-1 on another day, Carrick made that vital interception that could of gone anywhere. So yeah , Sunderland did play really well taking eveything into account and were unlucky not to come away with a deserved 3 points.

thats the worst I've seen Man Utd play in a long time

He wasn't. I know that's what he and a few other Sunderland players were claiming but he simply kicked it away and not towards where the foul was committed. He was probably just annoyed about the very soft free kick awarded.
Yeah, you could tell that he knew what he had done almost as soon as he did it, as he started holding his hand up to the ref, pleading not to be shown a 2nd card. That proved the deliberate time wasting as much as anything to me.

Still United played well for about 10-15 mins at most of that match and were extremely lucky to ****** a draw in the end. Pressure often tells though...

Scholes I think has to rethink his tackling or he will get sent off a lot this season. There's a time and a place for deliberately bringing a player down (not that I'd ever condone that (A) lol), and near the halfway line with little to no pressure on you as has happened in the last two matches is just daft.

unless i am missing something, anton didnt just pass it into the net, he was under pressure from utds players and a shot by a united player, and by your logic united didnt beat arseanal they scored, diaby did:D. and utd could of won it and the end.

United could have gone on to win? Well you didn't, you got a point against Sunderland at this stage of the season, that's bad. United fans excuses are always really bad, just admit you were rubbish and were out played by Sunderland for 90 mins and everyone is happy :)

Also it wasn't dissent, Richardson kicked the ball about 4 yards, back to a United player. Yes he did it out of frustration not out of sportsmanship but if you were booked for something like that you would go insane. Just as when Alex Ferguson was going insane at the 4th official for no reason, just because Anderson fouled Beardless, I mean is SAF blind? Any other manager would have been off by that point. Basically that match proved how United can lose possession 90% of the match and play like *******, yet still get all the advantages.

to be fair to scott button, you get annoyed at him for not admitting we were outplayed, lucky and deserved to lose yet whenever something mildly controversial happens in a united game most of you come down on the side of the other team even when it turns out to be a right decision e.g fletcher should have been sent off vs arsenal; rooney dived vs arsenal; we conned man city with extra time and richardson shouldn't have been sent off.

Richardson knew what he was doing. he was wasting time by kicking the ball away and deserved his yellow.

Scott may be biased for us but everyone else is just as biased against us.

thank you anderson, you legend i have been saying this for weeks, when have always sed i am biased, all i was saying here was united werent lucky, utd score late goals get over it, thts why fergie lifted a title last may, and could do it again this year,

thank you anderson, you legend i have been saying this for weeks, when have always sed i am biased, all i was saying here was united werent lucky, utd score late goals get over it, thts why fergie lifted a title last may, and could do it again this year,

You were very lucky, a deflection that could of gone anywhere but went in is luck end off. And before you say I am biased Richardson deserved to be sent off was stupid thing to do on a yellow card.

the goal was luck but the result wasnt lucky, thoroughly deserved, more chances, more of the ball, the 2nd half i think you had like 3 chances, rooney should of scored, then nearly did, berba was superb, evra got forward at every chance he could, vidic should of scored.

the goal was luck but the result wasnt lucky, thoroughly deserved, more chances, more of the ball, the 2nd half i think you had like 3 chances, rooney should of scored, then nearly did, berba was superb, evra got forward at every chance he could, vidic should of scored.

How many chnances did you have like??? Gordon only had two saves one just before your goal and the other was in added time after the 2nd goal.

well considering he made a save from rooney, and then we had an block when the keeper was no-where,

heres a few stats for you

SHOTS ON TARGET
UTD--> 9
sunderland-->3

shots off target
UTD--> 8
sunderland--> 1

corners
utd-->14
sunderland-->1

possesion
utd 57
sunderland 43

I said where were your chances you had shots yeah I did not deny that but not many clear cut chances really did you?

on motd the possesion was actually 60% to united

i have to say sunderlands second goal was great i thought

nice passing and moving

fair play sunderland there not getting the credit they deserve

Last edited:
I said where were your chances you had shots yeah I did not deny that but not many clear cut chances really did you?

plent off clear cut chance, vidics header, rooney, nanis one on one, berba had a chance clear inside the 6 yaard box, thts four

Scott, get over it.
Just look at the league table and you'll have something else to be ****** off about.
COME ON CHELS

Back