paetoja's wide 4-1-2-1-2 lots of CCCs lots of goals

Hi, i am french so excuse my poor english.

i would like to use your tactic because i really like 41212 but i am confused on some points :

In the training schedule there is only one schedule for centerbacks whereas they are set differently (cover stopper), and there is one schedule for a poacher and one for a creative forward whereas the two strikers are set on "advanced forward".

And you describe the fullbacks and the DMC as defense oriented whereas the fullbacks are set on attack and the DMC is a deeplying play maker.

So are the player role set right in the download tactics or do i have to change them ?

Could you make more precise player filters for each position because you seem to know exactly what kind of player fit perfectly.

i don't want to bother you, i hope you can clear these points to me because i really want to use this tactic.

Hi, i am french so excuse my poor english.

i would like to use your tactic because i really like 41212 but i am confused on some points :

In the training schedule there is only one schedule for centerbacks whereas they are set differently (cover stopper), and there is one schedule for a poacher and one for a creative forward whereas the two strikers are set on "advanced forward".

And you describe the fullbacks and the DMC as defense oriented whereas the fullbacks are set on attack and the DMC is a deeplying play maker.

So are the player role set right in the download tactics or do i have to change them ?

Could you make more precise player filters for each position because you seem to know exactly what kind of player fit perfectly.

i don't want to bother you, i hope you can clear these points to me because i really want to use this tactic.

sorry for the misunderstanding
i think i uploaded the wrong training schedule
but it can be fixed like this
use khumalo for strikers
kovacic for midfields
DMC from the dmc
and fullbacks are set to attack but they don't do much in attack, its basically on the way they are positioned on the field
but use hte centerback training for both CB and FB but put the FB individual on crossing, because i need FB who are good defensively , thats why u use the same training
and the advance forward can be considered a creative forward aswell,
i got screenshots of my team so you sort of know what players can be used

Last edited:
Thanks for the instant response !

So the player role are fine so i don't touch to the tactic.

for the training :

kumalo = strikers
ovacic = ACM
midfield = CM
DMC = DMC
Centerbacks = CB and FB
GOLMAN = Keeper

I think the training schedule was made for the 4-1-3-2 tactic that's why it doesn't fit to the 4-1-2-1-2 ;).

And for the key attributes for each position ?
You gave some specially for the midfield in the opening post but for CB Fullback and Striker it's pretty vague. Can you be more precise ?

thanks again

Last edited:
GK: one on one, reflexes, command of area, areal ability, positioning decisions, concentration Anticipation
CB: heading, marking tackling positioning jumping decisions strength Anticipation
FB acceleration, pace, tackling decisions, positioning stamina Anticipation
DMC marking passing tackling, creativity decisions work rate stamina strength Anticipation
MC passing technique, decisions creativity teamwork Anticipation and tackling over 10 is good but not too necessary , players like Kevin ander, xavi , iniesta, defour,
physical attributes aren’t important nor is dribbling like the amc
AMC dribbling passing technique, creativity decisions, Anticipation acceleration agility , players like modric ozil,

ST dribbling, finishing, technique, Anticipation decisions composure off the ball acceleration pace
having pace acceleration dribbling technique over 15 is probably key in this position

In my opinion decisions is the most important attribute, cuz it controls the others sort of
a player can be a great passer, finisher and so on but if he has low decisions , he will shot the ball from 30 yards, when he could dribble pass the opponent or pass to a teammate in better position if he had decisions.
technique is also a important primate attribute cuz it controls how something u player think of comes out on the pitch,
like Anticipation aswell, one if the most underrated attributes, it controls how ur player predicts the next move of his teammates and opposition
I developed the tactics and training to that hypothesis , that I found on this web site that explains each attribute and how important it is

http://www.mantralux.com/player-attributes-explained/

Thanks a lot paetoja that's exactly what i needed.

I am gonna try it with Marseille an i'll give you some feedback.

Looks good will give it ago with my Chelsea save i think these tactics are best for fm11 as there doesnt seem to be too many 'Great' wingers to start with, not with the quality to get straight into the big teams, i had this sort of tactic on fm10 with everton and became the 2nd best manager in Britain 1 behind fergie :)

Gonna give this a go with Newcastle. Is this your latest tactic?

Gonna give this a go with Newcastle. Is this your latest tactic?

yes the latest
patch 11.2.1

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

How do you upload screenshots!

well there are a few ways
u can press the attach button on the post screen
then a new window opens and u upload screens there, close the window and post it
or u upload on photobucket for example
and paste the IMG code in teh forum post

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

The download link won't work for me mate :(

try again it should work fine now

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:44 AM ----------

Some seriously good results there dude, congratulations.

thanks slug machine

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:55 AM ----------

20 Minutes Ago at 01:01 AM [/URL]
3 seasons with Barcelona using this tactic and won:
3 leagues: 102 pts (139 for-31against GOALS) 2011
98 pts (136 for-34 against GOALS) 2012
101 pts (151 for-28 against GOALS) 2013
2 spanish cups: Barcelona - Espanyol 2-1 (2010/2011)
Barcelona - At. Madrid 4-0 (2012/2013)
Barcelona - At Madrid (Not played yet)
3 spanish supercups: Barcelona - Sevilla 3-2agg (2011)
Barcelona - Espanyol 6-3agg (2012)
Barcelona - At. Madrid 6-3agg (2013)
3 uefa champions league: Barcelona - Arsenal 3-0 2010/2011
Barcelona - Real Madrid 5-1 2011/2012
Barcelona - Arsenal 1-0 2012/2013
2 european supercups: Barcelona - Liverpool 3-1 2011
Barcelona - Lorient 4-1 2012
Barcelona - Valencia (Not played yet)
2 club world championship: Barcelona - Orlando Pirates 5-1 2011
(used only RESERVES) Barcelona - Chivas 3-0 2012
Barcelona- ??? (Not Played yet)
UNBELIVEBLE!!!

I'M glad u had success with the tactics Shtazian

really good tactics offensively but with weaker teams the defence is not so good and players get tired fast
maybe switching to some other strategy would change that??

am trying with qpr no signing first season will keep you posted

Now show me which players you have put in reserves til you take the screenshot...;)

you got the first team on the first page
and i'm sorry but i don't play that save anymore i deleted it so i can't post my reserves

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

really good tactics offensively but with weaker teams the defence is not so good and players get tired fast
maybe switching to some other strategy would change that??

yeah true
i'm trying to create a new tactics similar to this but with less tempo and player waste
and also a tactics for relegation teams

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

am trying with qpr no signing first season will keep you posted

good luck

The control version
I managed to correct some issues that bugged a lot of ppl in the last version meaning payers getting to tired, conceding goals from crosses mostly , overlapping defenders , unnecessary fouls
But still the tactics hasn't lost anything of its attacking play
The control version itself is more dominant then the overload version and much better defensively,
the possession it much better then in the last version as well
i tested both of them with Pribram and Platinum Stars (both relegation candidates) 3 times each to see if the control is an improvement
The overload averaged 1.0 goals and 1.5 conceded while the control got 1,4 goals and 1,0 conceded
Positions
There are some role changes compared to the last version but attribute vise you won’t need different players then you needed in the overload version.
btw one hint while buying and selecting players, Choose players who are winner meaning high determination and work rate, so add those 2 to the attributes listed for the positions lower
Gk rushing out reflexes one on one, areal ability positioning composure positioning anticipation
FB, tackling positioning, concentration decisions anticipation passing crossing
CB stopper Heading Marking positioning anticipation decisions strength jumping concentration
CB cover tackling marking positioning concentration antipicipation jumping
Anchor man jumping strength strength anticipation decisions positioning
MCL- box 2 box mid, marking tackling passing decisions creativity anticipation finishing stamina strength off the ball positioning,
good box to box are hard to find but u should focus on someone who’s better offensively then defensively at that position so u can find a player more easy I suggest Mobi Okoli
MCR advance playmaker, dribbling technique passing creativity decisions anticipation agility
AMC inside forward, should be able to score and cut the defense open with trough balls
dribbling finishing composure creativity decisions off the ball technique acceleration
Complete forward, dribbling finishing heading passing technique decisions composure off the ball pace anticipation
Defensive forward dribbling finishing aggression bravery, pace composure anticipation
OI
Every mid and striker show to weaker foot, if the opposition has a profilic striker have him tight marked and if the use a AMC have in also tight marked show to weaker foot and tackling hard

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J1IB667A

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4396

Last edited:
I forgot
team talks are individual,
if you are playing against a stronger team or away against a team equal to yours: every player i have faith, or if some have the option continue where you left of , choose it
against a weaker team or equal at home i expect a preformance
HALF TIME i have faith to everyone unless there are players who's raiting is much below the other for example 6.2 whem most are around 7 or 6.9, you either sub him or use dissapointing
after the match you praise the 3 4 best players individual and use well done for team for a win that isn't bigger then 4 goal difference
if you lose closely or draw use sympatize, bigger loss not good enough with pleased on players who did well

MATCH PREPARATION

preseason team blend, high during season attacking movement on average

hi paetoja

I am about to start (finally) my long term save with Marseille.

Do you think the control version is only for low teams or should i use it and use the overload one as an "attack" tactic ?

Is there a new training or do we use the old one ?

(I know i am a pain in the ... )