Solid finish there mate with some good results! crazy how only 9 points are in it from 5th down to 17th

Good luck to Adam though will be tough to stay up! got faith in you! haha :)

Totally agree with what you've said there Sammy, January Update on its way!

January 2013

January 13

View attachment 347187

So for my 6 months in charge, I will be doing monthly updates. So taking charge on January 1st, I had a quick look at the squad and picked out that the defense, despite conceding too many goals, had generally been playing well and therefore I dont think we need to strengthen here in January, despite Bellusci being injured. My main target before the end of the month was to bring in a creative midfield player, whilst also experienced, to help Lambert and Rodriguez score the goals that we will need to stay up.

Wednesday 2nd January
View attachment 347189
Premier League
Manchester United 2-0 Southampton

A scoreline which I kind of expected, but the defense generally played quite well, and after the hectic schedule around Christmas and New Year, a lot of the squad weren't fully match fit.

Saturday 5th January
View attachment 347190
FA Cup Third Round
Derby County 3-0 Southampton

Awful, horrendous, dreadful, I could think of a million words to describe how disappointed I was with this result, however it means we can concentrate on the league I guess, still not happy though, and I let the players know.

Saturday 12th January
View attachment 347198
Premier League
Southampton 3-0 West Brom
Lambert (2), Rodriguez

My first home game in charge, and what a result. This was the first game since taking over where the team were fully match fit and boy did it show. Lambert played just behind Rodriguez, and the pair of them ran the show. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come seeing as though Nick's preferred striker Mayuka is off at the Africans Nation Cup, although I am not a fan of him anyway!

Wednesday 16th January
View attachment 347233
Premier League
West Ham 1-1 Southampton
Lambert

A tough place to go on a Wednesday evening, nevertheless, a good result, especially after you consider the fact we were behind for 70 minutes, and only equalised in the 86th. Rickie Lambert is really starting to get on a roll though which can only mean good things.

Saturday 19th January
View attachment 347198
Premier League
Southampton 0-3 Stoke City

As was the same in the Derby game, awful and horrendous. Artur Boruc had a complete nightmare and will do good to stay in the team after that performance.

Wednesday 23rd January
View attachment 347248
Premier League
QPR 1-3 Southampton
Vukcevic, Rodriguez (2)

Brilliant result against a team we were 2 positions behind going into the game. Brilliant performances from Jay Rodriguez, as well as Rickie Lambert who really deserved a goal, but set up all three. A great way to end the month, and we now get two weeks off due to us already being out of the FA Cup.

Player of the month

View attachment 347187

Rickie Lambert

Easy one, him and Jay Rodriguez have been brilliant, the only thing Lambert has over J-Rod, is that he has set goals up too.

League Table

View attachment 347254
So as you can see, we have moved away from the bottom 3, and I honestly believe we can continue the trend and move further up after just seeing the squad perform after one month.

Transfers

View attachment 347256
I tried and failed with many loan bids, including offers for Le Fondre and Nicolas Anelka, but only one came into the club on Deadline Day. Please meet Arsenal's Tomas Rosicky who will provide that bit of experience and quality and can play in a number of positions

Please let me know what you guys think about the results and the player I managed to bring in

Wow, some really good results there, you seem to have really got Lambert and Rodriguez firing, something I never managed to do! We look pretty much safe from relegation and Rosicky looks like a great signing.

February 13

February 13

View attachment 347350

So after a good end to January, and the signing of Tomas Rosicky, I am really looking for the team to continue their form, and especially for our main players to provide the spark to get as many points so that we dont end up in a relegation battle.

Saturday 2nd February
View attachment 347352
Premier League
Southampton 2-1 Wigan Athletic
Yoshida, Rosicky

We led from an early goal from a centre back who is really impressing me as the games go on. However Wigan managed an equaliser with 10mins to go, and I thought it was going to be 2 lost points. However 15 minutes into his debut, Tomas Rosicky popped up to score the winner in the 93rd minute to send the St Mary's faithful crazy.

Saturday 9th February
View attachment 347357
Premier League
Arsenal 0-1 Southampton
Rodriguez

I was literally jumping off of my seat when Jay Rodriguez scored. We dominated possession at the Emirates, which is kind of unheard of. A brilliant result, every single player performed and it meant a famous victory for the Saints.

Wednesday 27th February
View attachment 347352
Premier League
Southampton 4-1 Sunderland
Yoshida, Ramirez, Rodriguez, Schneiderlin

A Luke Shaw inspired Southampton come from 1 down to thrash bottom of the league Sunderland. It could have been even more, Ramirez hit the woodwork a few times. The crowd gave the team a standing ovation at the end of 90 minutes. I really couldn't have asked for many more from the lads.

Player of the Month

View attachment 347360

Maya Yoshida - Excellent at the back and provided two at the other end

League Table

View attachment 347361
Your eyes really aren't decieving you! Two points from the beloved 40 point mark, and definitely in the battle for European Qualification after a great month's results

Wow talk about a great month! win at the Emirates and solid wins elsewhere and now jumped to 7th! Looking more like a great finish mate! Starting to worry if we get into Europe it will be up to me to guide us to the group stage! ahhh!

Well done mate and keep it up!

March 13

March 13

Saturday 2nd March
View attachment 347415
Premier League
Everton 1-0 Southampton

We played really well, just couldn't get that goal.

Saturday 16th March
View attachment 347416
Premier League
Southampton 5-2 Chelsea
Ekdal, Ramirez, Rosicky, Lambert, Rodriguez

Wow! What can I say? The Saints give the league leaders a lesson in football.

Saturday 30th March
View attachment 347420
Premier League
Reading 0-0 Southampton

A really disappointing result. We didnt deserve anything more, just didnt get the service to the guys in attack.

League Table

View attachment 347422

Whilst we have dropped down since last month, we do have a game in hand due to the teams we should be playing, still being in the FA Cup. Its ultra close however.

April 13

April 13

View attachment 347626
Mixed Month of Results
West Ham and Wigan Relegated
Sunderland on the Brink

Results

Wednesday 3rd April
View attachment 347627
Premier League
Manchester City 2-0 Southampton

Cannot complain, we were simply beaten by a stronger team.

Saturday 6th April
View attachment 347628
Premier League
Southampton 1-1 Aston Villa
Ekdal

Was disappointed with the result, which shows how far we have come this year.

Saturday 13th April
View attachment 347629
Premier League
Norwich City 0-6 Southampton
Clyne, Ekdal, Ekdal, Rodriguez, Lambert, Ward-Prowse

A brilliant result. Six different scorers too, including the youngster Prowse, and a cleansheet too.

Saturday 20th April
View attachment 347628
Premier League
Southampton 3-2 Swansea
Ekdal (2), Rodriguez

A very entertaining game for the neutral, would certainly have been first on MOTD. We had to take the lead three times, but Ekdal was in inspired form and scored the winner for us.

Sunday 28th April
View attachment 347630
Premier League
Tottenham 3-0 Southampton

As was the same against City, simply beaten by the better team. We couldn't live with their superior finishing.

Player of the Month

View attachment 347631

Albin Ekdal - Been an absolute star all season, but especially this past month. Congratulations to Nick on this signing.

League Table

View attachment 347632

Really close battle mid table. We could finish as high as 7th, but also as low as 13th. Our last two games are against Newcastle United who are one above us, and Liverpool, who are one below us.

Youth Intake

Two months late, but will post the best player to come out of the Intake. Not as brilliant as I may have hoped.

View attachment 347633

Let me know your thoughts on our results, the league table and anything else you can think of.

View attachment 347634

Offered a new contract for which I accepted a 4 four year deal with the Saints.

Last edited:
May 13

May 13
View attachment 347635
Disappointing end to the Season

Results

Saturday 4th May
View attachment 347636
Premier League
Southampton 1-2 Newcastle Utd
Lambert

We were never in this game and it was a disappointing performance in the last game of the season at home. Lambert got a late consolation.

Saturday 18th May
View attachment 347639
Premier League
Liverpool 2-2 Southampton
Lambert (2)

Came from behind twice with two penalties from Rickie Lambert. An entertaining way to end the season.

Final League Table

View attachment 347640
So 9th place in the end for us, and I think its a good position to finish in at the end of a hard season. We can definitely improve and we have had some great results over the season, will now look at building for the new season.

Awards

English Footballer of the Year: Vincent Kompany (Man City)
Player's Player of the Year: Marouane Fellaini (Man City)
Premier League Top Goalscorer: Darren Bent (Aston Villa)
Players Young Player of the Year: Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
Manager of the Year: Roberto Mancini (Man City)

Rickie Lambert was named as a substitute in the Team of the Season.

Ligue 1: Paris St Germain
La Liga: Barcelona
Serie A: AC Milan
Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund

Champions League: Real Madrid
Europa League: Tottenham

June 13

June 13

My last month in charge for a while, but still plenty to update with.

View attachment 347709

So apparently we are popular in France! We will play three games in France after being invited over.

View attachment 347710View attachment 347711

Bidding War between the top teams in the League over Morgan Schneiderlin. Both offers were rejected and he has been offered a new contract which he will hopefully sign in the first few days of the next manager's tenure. It feels good to know that our players are playing well enough to attract interest from massive clubs.

View attachment 347712View attachment 347713

So Vegard Forren is the Fan's player of the Year. The Best XI is actually the team and tactic that I used for the majority of my time in charge.

View attachment 347715View attachment 347714

So I was asked about our expectations this year and chose the expectation that we will qualify for the Europa League at least. I feel as though we have to keep on moving up, and not stay midtable and as such we have been given a healthy transfer budget, helped by the sale of Jack Cork. Cork was a player who wasn't used much in my tenure and spent most of the time on the bench, I think with £8.5million, we can really strengthen and sign players who will improve the squad rather than just be added to it.

So its over to Sam now, I have made bids for a number of players but it will obviously be down to him whether to continue with the players I enquired about.

Just loaded the save up! cant wait to get started with this.

Will do my first update after Pre-Season :)

Pre-Season

View attachment 348235

Yes! finally after watching both fmisawesome and AdamG23 its time for me to get my hands on the save and try do my best at pushing Southampton to becoming a great side.

First off lets start with my activity in the transfer market, as you may already know i had around 30m to spend which i feel was an excellent budget but with expectations to qualify for European football next season it had to be spent smartly.

View attachment 348236

As you can see we have a few new faces arriving, 3 of the 5 being negotiated before i came but they were all transfers i feel we can benefit from so decided to give the all clear for them, most of the departures were loans out to players not in the plans for first team or just youngsters in need of first team experience.

Anyway lets get on to the signings!

View attachment 348237View attachment 348238View attachment 348239View attachment 348241
View attachment 348240

It has been rather pleasing signings in my opinion which i feel will benefit the team especially Alex Song who i feel by far is the best buy from all 5, experienced and very versatile, he will be key this season to helping the team. Souailho Meite was someone i was trying to buy but after LILLE demanding way to much i felt a loan move would have to do as i struggled a little trying to find players at reasonable prices as i wanted to bring in as many different positions as possible. The Sunderland duo and Ospina were all made by the previous managers but i felt they would benefit the team. Still have some money left to bring in 1 or 2 as im looking into signing a right back and maybe bring in another midfielder...

The short Pre-Season in France went rather well given the new players and changed tactics, given they were all very weak sides i expected to win big..

View attachment 348242

And last but not least the formation i will be using, i feel my tactics will keep us much more solid at the back conceding less goals and hopefully scoring more which was successful in Pre-Season.

View attachment 348243

Anyway that will be all from me for now! i will update after every month, Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
August 2013

View attachment 348286

One new face in as transfer market ends
Small month with only 4 games
Board announce stadium expansion

------------------------------------------------------------------
Premier Division
Stoke | H | 2-1
Ekdal(21)
Davis(84)

MOM: Alex Song

Positive start to the season with a good performance from the lads, got worried when Stoke found an equalizer on the 79th minute but super sub Davis retained our lead after only 5 minutes.

Premier Division
Reading | A | 1-0
Ramirez(90)

MOM: Vegard Forren

Couldn't stop laughing after this one, Reading had 3-4 key chances throughout the game and should of really been leading but a late counter attack gave us a dramatic 3 points and totally robbed Reading!

Capital One Cup 2nd Rnd

Oldham | H | 3-0
Sessengnon(23)
Mayuka(25, 44)

MOM: Emmanuel Mayuka

As expected a nice win in front of our home fans, Mayuka totally deserved his 2 goals and man of the match to top it off.

Premier Division

Swansea | H | 1-2
Ekdal(50)

MOM: Jan Wuytens

Guess after the Reading game our luck had ran out as we snatched an early goal in the second half which we really didn't deserve but we couldn't see out the draw in what was a very poor performance, especially at home..

Player of the Month

View attachment 348300

Player of the Month has to go to David Ospina, he has really hit the ground running since joining the club, well done to Nick for picking him up.

My last signing was a young right back from Brazil as we only had the one Right back i feel it was well needed and i felt the 3.2m for the 19 year old was a fair price and good buy.

View attachment 348301

And just before i started the season the board announced the plans to expand the capacity had been completed...

View attachment 348303

Will show League Table next month as i've only played 3 games

Last edited:
September 2013

View attachment 348374

Tense affair at Watford
Ekdal out for 5 weeks
Song out for 5-6 weeks!
Advance in Capital One Cup but drawn City next round...

Premier Division
Watford | 2-3 | A |
Lambert(3,75)
Lallana(46)

Wow what a game, much tougher than i expected, scored an early goal but then went in at half time down 2-1 but not to worry we scored 40 seconds into the second half and Lambert got the winner in what was a deserved 3 points in the end!

----------------------------------------------------------

Premier Division
Aston Villa | 2-1 | A |
Fletcher(66,87)

Great 3 points as we were down in this one too but an inspired second half from Fletcher gave us a win and he also missed a penalty to deny himself a hatrick, first game he has actually performed well, hoping for more of the same..

Capital One Cup 3rd Rnd

Port Vale | 3-1 | H |
Rodriguez(25)
Davis(30)
Mayuka(38)

Game was pretty much over in 18 minutes with Port Vale scoring late into stoppage time but overall a solid performance especially from Rodriguez who sadly hasn't been getting much game time given the competition in his position.

Premier Division
Tottenham | 1-4 | H |
Rodriguez(81)

Ouch, tough result to take but we were just outclassed on the day with substitute Rodriguez grabbing our only goal.

Player of the Month

View attachment 348379

Nobody stood out at all but decided to give it to Steven Fletcher as he finally scored not his first goal but 2 in the same game to overcome Aston Villa in what was a great comeback, hope he can keep up those kinds of performances!

View attachment 348380

Rather positive start to the season doing a good job of turning in more wins, hopefully can keep strong and push on up the table but all that being said we may have a slight setback given next months games.. Definitely wont be short and sweet...

View attachment 348381

I forgot to mention that I managed to get that small increase for the Stadium Capacity. I thought that if we keep asking, then eventually they will continue to build more seats!

Good start to the season, tough fixtures coming up, but from my experience, our team tends to play better against the big boys!

I've just started one with the Saints, im looking for a right attacking right mid i want another right mid to put in the first team

October 2013

View attachment 349180

October

Rodriguez ruled out or 2 months
Fonte demands game time as Schneiderlin wants to move club!
What looked like a very tough 4 games this month the Saints weren't going down easy

Premier Division
Southampton 2-2 Man Utd
Lambert, Sessegnon

Big point in a game we were 2-0 down at half time but a superb second half fight back was something to be proud of.

---------------------------------------------------------

Premier Division
Southampton 3-0 Everton
Sessegnon, Fletcher(2)

Amazing team performance here against a very good looking Everton side, totally deserved the 3 points and also changed Fletcher's role to Complete Forward and he looks much more comfortable which is looking good!

Premier Divison
Chelsea 1-1 Southampton
Forren

The fact i was disappointed to draw this shows how far we have come, bossed the first half 1-0 up and after a rather quiet second half Chelsea scored a goal out of nothing not long after they went down to 10 men which made it worse! then Sessegnon missed a sitter in injury time!

Capital One Cup 4th Rnd
Man City 0-1 Southampton
Lallana

Yes! great way to end the month, knocking City out the cup in what was another great performance from the team and hopefully can push this months form into the next upcoming games.

View attachment 349184

Player of the Month

Stephane Sessegnon

View attachment 349185

Had his ups and downs since joining but seemed to be consistent this month and play a big part in our attacking, hopefully he can keep this up and put in more pleasing performances!

View attachment 349186
View attachment 349187

Still early days but sitting strong 3 points above 6th but also 3 behind 4th, anyway lets get to the issues, as you saw above Fonte wants some game time so i agreed to let him out on loan which will really be up to Nick when January comes and the big one being Schneiderlin wanting to move to a bigger club, i managed to convince him that we can qualify for Euro Cup by the end of the season so fingers crossed we do as he is a key player here!

A tricky month in terms of fixtures but you got some great results there, looking forward to having a go with this side. KUTGW!

Brilliant Results Sam, keep it up and we will be challenging for Champions League, never mind Europa League! Had a feeling Schneiderlin would ask to go to a bigger club, we just need to keep hold of him until the end of the season, then I can work my magic on him!