November 2013

View attachment 349403

November

Another rather short month with 4 games
proving tough to break into the top 5

Premier Division
Fulham 1-0 Southampton
Lambert missed penalty

Was close to pulling my hair out this game, how we didn't pick up at least one point i have no clue, dominated this game and to add to it Lambert missed a penalty early into the second half which is a shame cause he hasn't really performed this season and that added to the dissapointment...

-------------------------------------

Premier Division
Newcastle 0-2 Southampton
Ekdal, Prowse

Good way to bounce back away from last game, played well and deserved the win.

Premier Division

Blackburn 1-1 Southampton
Fletcher

Was dissapointed as we threw away a late goal but afterwards it seems on paper we were lucky to even draw this, so i guess i will take the point.

Premier Division

Southampton 2-0 Middlesbrough
Sessegnon, Fletcher

View attachment 349406

Player of the Month

Vegard Forren

View attachment 349405

Been solid all season and one of the most involved players in the squad but he has deserved it with great performance after another.

View attachment 349407
View attachment 349408

Sitting nicely in 6th place but its proving tough to break into the top 5 with what is very consistent teams, feel we are better than least season though which was key, next month will be my last for a while as the save will be passed on to Nick but hopefully we can push up the table and be in a good position for Nick taking over.

Decided as nothing much happened this month id show some of the young players development..

View attachment 349409View attachment 349410View attachment 349411

All developing well and getting game time which is key, nice to see young regen Hooper getting plenty of experience at Rangers and developing well, hopefully stays that way!

Another good month man, still right up there in contention for that European Qualification which was our aim at the start of the season. End your stint strong and I think Nick has a real chance of continuing the good results!

December 2013

View attachment 349426

December

Tense Quarter Finals
big month with ups and downs

Premier Divison

Southampton 2-1 Norwich
Shaw, Mayuka

--------------------------------------

Capital One Cup Qtr Finals

Aston Villa 2-1 Southampton
Ekdal

Well we go crashing out of the cup in what was a tough game which could of gone either way, luck just wasn't on our side today.

Premier Division

Arsenal 3-0 Southampton

Premier Division
Man City 2-0 Southampton

Premier Division
Southampton 0-1 West Brom

Morale was rather low given the last 4 games have all been defeats now, have to
get back on track and fast!

Premier Division

Southampton 2-1 Q.P.R
Mayuka, Fletcher

Glad to be scoring goals again and get 3 points on the board.

Premier Division
Liverpool 0-0 Southampton

Good point given our luck this month!

Premier Division
Southampton 2-0 Reading
Fletcher, Davis

Good end to month and my time in charge with 3 points.

View attachment 349438

Since it was my last month in charge instead of Player of the Month i decided to point out the players i feel where good/bad during my 6 months in charge..

Stand outs

1. Vegard Forren
2. Nathaniel Clyne
3. Albin Ekdal

Under performing

1. Adam Lallana
2. Rickie Lambert

View attachment 349447

View attachment 349448

View attachment 349449

Overall im rather happy with my 6 months in charged, sitting in a good position in the table along with signings i feel have made the team better and some rather pleasing results along with getting to the Quarter Finals.

Now passing on to Nick who will be playing on from January, good luck!

Love the idea of this guys. 1 question. How do you pass the game onto the next person? Im attempting this with my mates.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

January 2014

It's my turn to manager the club again, and hopefully I can continue on Sam's excellent work and clinch Europa League qualification. I took over in January and had quite a generous transfer budget to spend.

Transfers

View attachment 350219

I let a few people out on loan, most importantly Adam Lallana, who wasn't performing very well at all, and I had brought someone else in to replace him. I also let Jose Fonte and Jack Stephens go out on loan, as they both requested it.

View attachment 350220

Marko Marin was signed for £4.7 million, and is a very solid player who has great technique and who so far has been much better than Ramirez and Lallana in the left wing. Despite having a poor time at Chelsea, he could become a very influential player in our team.

View attachment 350221

Marcio won't join us until 2016 as he is only 15 at the moment, but he only cost £3 million and has incredible potential. With the right training he could potentially be one of the best in the world.

View attachment 350222

Allan McGregor joins us on a free next season, and he should make a effective backup to Ospina as a goalkeeper.

Results

View attachment 350226

Not an incredible set of results, we beat two Championship sides in the FA Cup, and also Swansea in the Premier League, but we also had a frustrating draw against Watford and a loss against Stoke.

View attachment 350227

We've dropped a few places to 8th, which is not where we want to be at the end of the season, but have a game in hand over Manchester United. Us, Newcastle and United seemed to have formed a little mini league, where two of us will get European places. The three clubs promoted this season are also currently taking up the three relegation spots.

Player of the Month

View attachment 350228

Forren has yet again been consistently excellent for us, has been our rock at the back for the past few seasons and I dread to think where the club would be without him.

View attachment 350229

So far, everybody has been performing really well this season, and there have been no real underperformers. Ekdal, Forren and the rest of our defense have as normal been excellent, as have Alex Song and Sessegnon.

Thanks for reading, the next update will be covering February and March and should come quite quickly.

fmisawesome

View attachment 350230

Love the idea of this guys. 1 question. How do you pass the game onto the next person? Im attempting this with my mates.

Cheers

You find the save game file in Your Name/Libraries/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2013/games, and then email it to your mate. Good luck!

Cheers..tried this but said the file was to big to send....in the end i uploaded it to mediafire and my mate got it from there lol. Although he wasnt best pleased to see the team i had was fighting relegation.

February - March 2014

View attachment 350569

Results

View attachment 350570

February was a poor month for us, we crashed out of the FA Cup to Sheffield Wednesday in a match we really should have won, and lost against Manchester United, while also grabbing a draw against Tottenham and Aston Villa. March however was a far better month for us, as we had an unbeaten month which also included a very impressive win over Chelsea.

View attachment 350581

We have moved back up to 6th in the league, ahead of Manchester United and with a real shot at Europa League qualification. Somehow Liverpool are currently top, followed by Man City, Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea, while QPR have replaced Blackburn in the relegation zone.

View attachment 350582

Ekdal and Forren continue to play incredibly, while Yoshida is also playing very well. So far Fletcher has been by far our highest scorer this season, while Sessegnon has contributed the most assists.

Player of the Months

AlbinEkdal_1507560.jpg

Albin Ekdal
has been putting in some great performances recently, and since I signed him two years ago has turned into a very impressive player.

Youth Intake

So, we recently had our youth intake and although it wasn't exceptional we got one or two very decent players.
Below are the five best players under 20 at Southampton:

View attachment 350583View attachment 350584View attachment 350585View attachment 350586View attachment 350587

Some very impressive youth coming through, Olsson was the best this time round, and he looks like he could grow into a very impressive striker.

Thanks for reading, my next update will be a post covering the end of the season, where hopefully we will have qualified for the Europa League. And before I go, a question for Adam, Sam and anyone else reading this: The World Cup is coming up soon, firstly should I do a post on it, and should I apply for any international jobs that will be opened?

fmisawesome

Last edited:
Thanks for reading, my next update will be a post covering the end of the season, where hopefully we will have qualified for the Europa League. And before I go, a question for Adam, Sam and anyone else reading this: The World Cup is coming up soon, firstly should I do a post on it, and should I apply for any international jobs that will be opened?

fmisawesome

Looking good for that Europa League spot which we really want. As for internationals, its up to you, if you want to apply for a job whilst the save is in your hands, then go for it!

All I care about is you leaving me cash to spend ;) and getting that European spot!

Yeah i agree with Adam, totally your decision of you would like to manage an international side then go for it mate!

Mixed results a bit but keep it up and fingers crossed we get Europe :)! will be tricky but i got faith in you ;)

End of the Season

View attachment 351132

This will be my final update until the end of the season, and its going to be long! How did we get on in the last few games as we tried to clinch a Europa League place?

Results:

View attachment 351131

Despite playing several of the top clubs, this was still very poor form and we should have done much better. An encouraging win against Arsenal was our only real bright spot, and we should have done better in several fixtures, although Ekdal did miss penalties in three straight games! So, was that enough to qualify for the Europa League...

View attachment 351133

Really gutted at this, we slipped a place to United but we still would have qualified but Stoke managed to win the Europa League, so they automatically qualify for it next season, a really disappointing result. Man City were comfortably the best team this season and won their third Premier League in a row, as well as winning the Champions League. Manchester United had a shocking season, finishing in sixth, and Ferguson retired at the end of the season, with Villas-Boas replacing him. Meanwhile QPR, Reading and Watford were relegated in a close battle.

Premier League: Manchester City
FA Cup: Newcastle
Capital One Cup: Arsenal
Championship: Sunderland
Champions League: Manchester City
Europa League: Stoke
Liga BBVA: Real Madrid
Serie A: Napoli
Bundesliga: Bayern

In other news, our under 18s came second in Group 1 - the highest league in England, losing in the final to Manchester United after they equalised deep in stoppage time, a good sign for the future!

View attachment 351135View attachment 351136

So Forren was our fan's player of the year, a decision I have to agree with, and our team of the year also seems pretty sensible and used the formation that was played for the majority of the season.

Transfers:

View attachment 351137View attachment 351138

So, we made a solid profit this season which is also good to hear, and the board were able to give us a huge transfer budget, once again we are expected to qualify for the Europa League, something that we should be doing this season. With £50 million in the kitty, I left most of it to Adam, but I sold one key player and brought in one.

View attachment 351139

So yes, I sold Ramirez to Man City for £20 million. Despite his high stats he has never really been that impressive for us and I felt we got a good price for him.

View attachment 351140

I then signed Gabriel Torje for £15 million, a really good player who can play on either side as a winger, he should fit right in and be a key player for us next season.

Thanks for reading, I have passed the save on to Adam who will be in charge for the start of the third season, good luck!

fmisawesome

View attachment 351142

Really unlucky Nick, lets hope we can kick on and get that European spot next season, looking forward to getting my hands on that transfer kitty!

Had a quick look at the save last night after downloading, and we seem to have let a lot of players' contracts run down and therefore the squad is looking extremely bare! So whilst you are correct in saying the transfer budget is a good amount, going to have to get the right mix between adding quality to the squad but also adding squad players too!

Preseason/Transfers

Preseason/Transfers

View attachment 351422

Southampton buy Argentine youngsters
Spanish Superstar Joins
Manchester United enjoy takeover

So with half of our defense leaving at the end of their contracts, my first job was to strengthen in that position. The result was me signing three Argentine youngsters, two of which I am planning on playing from day one and the other brought in as back up to Luke Shaw at left back, but a player who could eventually take over from Shaw.

View attachment 351423View attachment 351424View attachment 351425

The next for me was to improve the Goalkeeper. Sure we have brought in McGregor but when I saw that Victor Valdes was on the market, I brought him in on a free transfer and he will immediately become our Number 1. Saving on transfer fees meant I could offer him a healthy wage.

View attachment 351426

The next three youngsters have been bought for the future, and will join the club over the next year when I am not in charge

View attachment 351427View attachment 351428View attachment 351429

Preseason meant a tour of the US with a friendly against Galatasary to finish off with.

View attachment 351430

The next update will be the rest of August, including the closing of the Transfer Window.

Breaking News!

View attachment 351431

Southampton Sign Spanish Magician and Spanish Legend

View attachment 351432View attachment 351433

Just days before the first game of the season, Southampton Football Club today shocked the world of football with two huge signings. Legendary Forward David Villa joins for a bargain £2.4million whilst Magician David Silva has joined on a season long loan. Both are expected to get their debuts whilst Manager Adam has claimed their will be one more signing before the end of the window.

August

August 2014

View attachment 351442

Southampton hit by Injuries
Bad start to the season
Bustamante wins Young Player of the Month

------------------------------------------------------------------
Premier Division
Fulham | A | 1-0

MOM: Albin Ekdal

Caught cold at the start of the season. We had enough chances to win this game, just didnt take any of them.

Premier Division
Everton | H | 2-0
Fletcher (16,28)

MOM: Steven Fletcher

Good win to kick off our season at St Mary's. Fletcher on top form almost immediately, hopefully he can keep it up.

Capital One Cup 2nd Rnd

Rotherham | A | 2-3
Lambert (35)
Fletcher (84, 88)

As expected a deserved win as our second string let the first team rest. Fletcher continuing his great scoring streak.

Premier Division

Wigan | A | 3-1
Fletcher (75)

Awful! That is all.

One more signing as promised and it sees a Japanese maestro join. Not only is he good enough to perform well in the Premiership, he has also meant a sharp increase in interest from Japan.
View attachment 351444

Alright guys! I have only just noticed this thread and looks like you are doing really well! I will be following ;)

September/October

September/October

View attachment 351654
No Consistency
Spanish Duo Injured
Kiyotake excels

Premier Division
Blackburn | A | 2-1
Kiyotake (54)

MOM: Hiroshi Kiyotake

We just dont seem to be able to score. We create so many chances but not near enough goals. Kiyotake scores on debut

Premier Division
Swansea | H | 2-1
Kiyotake (38) Fletcher (49)

A good win, deserved the three points from the start of the game to the end.

Capital One Cup 3rd Rnd

Newcastle| A | 5-4 AET
Rodriguez, Bellusci, OG, Sessegnon

MOM: James Ward Prowse

A topsy turvy game, which saw both teams having chances to put each other away. Was a second string side put out, but still took them all the way.

Premier Division

Middlesbrough | H | 2-1
Kiyotake (10) Fletcher (89)

MOM: Hiroshi Kiyotake

Made this game a lot more difficult than it needed to be

Premier Division
Tottenham | A | 3-1
Fletcher (53)

Outperfomed by the better team

Premier Division
Sunderland | H | 2-0
Ekdal (43) Rodriguez (47)

Dominated possession and shots, Simon Mignolet was in top form, could have been a lot more

Premier Division

Aston Villa | A | 1-0

Why wont Southampton play well away from home!

Struggling to keep consistency with the team but have made my mind up on several players. Kiyotake and Bustamante have come into the squad easily and are playing absolutely brilliant. On the other side of things, Vegard Forren is underperforming and Nick I am afraid to say that Gabriel Torje is useless!!!

League Table

View attachment 351657

Luckily the league is extremely top with only 5 points covering from 6th to 13th. We have a difficult run of games next however and Kiyotake is injured, along with David Villa!