Patrick Vieira - from Midfielder to Manager

The next game saw us back in Premier League actions, in a tough trip to Stamford Bridge.

The sides lined up like this:

View attachment 214655

Chelsea lined up really attacking with a front 4 of Willian, Pedro, Falcao and Pratto. We'll have a real job trying to contain them.

Us on the other hand stuck with what I feel is our strongest side, apart from Douglas coming in for the injured Janmaat. Dele Alli partners Wijnaldum in midfield after recovering from a slight knock.

View attachment 214658

What a result that was!

A 1-0 win against Chelsea, at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea dominated and created plenty of chances, as we expected really. We defended brilliantly though and then hit them with a sucker punch with 10 minutes left when Thauvin hit the winner.

Sissoko put in the cross which looked to be behind Thauvin but he stopped his run and hit an unbelievable volley right into the top corner.

Chelsea went all out attack late on but couldn't find an equaliser.

View attachment 214654
View attachment 214653

Another draw in the cup which means another replay!

Larsson got Sunderland off to a good start with them taking the lead after 35 minutes with a brilliantly struck free-kick.

We were seriously poor in the first half and went into half time a goal down.

Early on in the second half and Yann M'Villa was shown his second yellow for pulling back Sissoko. This game us a real chance of getting back into the game.

Just after the hour mark though and Ayoze Perez levelled with a good finish from just 6 yards out.

Just a couple of minutes later though and Sunderland re-took the lead through Borini. Borini finished well on the volley after Yedlin out in a great ball.

With little over 10 minutes to go though and Vernon Anita equalised after some really poor defending from Sunderland.

We finished the game well but couldn't find the winner.​

View attachment 214645

January 2016

View attachment 214646

So the draw against Sunderland finished off the month in pretty disappointing circumstances.

The month was pretty average really with a couple of really good results followed by some shockers!

The Man Utd draw and win against Chelsea were obvious highs whilst the loss against Norwich was really disappointing.

View attachment 214643

The good news is that we're now 7 points clear of the relegation zone after 24 games.

We now need 14 points from the last 14 games of the season in order to reach the target of 40 points which will guarantee safety.

With no further transfer activity we just prepared ourselves for February which see's us against, West Bom (home), the cup replay against Sunderland, Liverpool (away) and Bournemouth (home).​

Last edited:
You'll have to see if you can get a job at New york now! ^^

I've just heard this news and immedialtey thought the same haha :) We'll have to see I guess. Should be good for him anyway with the likes of Pirlo and Lampard there

View attachment 214642

February 2016

February was a pretty short month with only 3 Premier League games played.

View attachment 214641

We started the month with a terrible 1-0 home defeat against West Brom. West Brom have actually had a decent season so far and are currently 9th but this is still a game I singled out to win!

We moved on from that to secure a penalty shootout victory over Sunderland in the FA Cup. This win puts us into the draw for the 5th rond where we drew Swansea.

The next game was probably our poorest performance of the season. A 5-2 defeat against Liverpool who dominated start to finish. We didn't even deserve the two goals we scored to be honest!

The came the 5th round of the FA Cup against Swansea, and a 1-0 win kept the dream alive. Ayoze Perez with the goal which puts us into the QRT final.

The final game of the month was one of the most important and also most pleasing. A 3-2 win at home to Bouremouth, again another game we should be winning but we came back from behind twice which is really pleasing. We needed the points in the league more than anything after losing the only other two league games this month.

View attachment 214638

The win against Bournemouth brings us up to 29 points with just another 11 needed to reach the magical 40 number.

View attachment 214637

The Fa Cup also presented us with a decent draw as well.

West Brom went on to beat Rotherham in their replay so West Brom away it is. A real chance to make into the semi finals where Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham or Arsenal could await.​

You really couldn't have scripted the 3rd and 4th round of the FA Cup being local derbies! Signing Dele Alli is a game-changer, watch that boy shine! Great read by the way, really enjoying it!

This has been a really good read thus far.

Great progress too, considering Newcastle were in the relegation zone with only four goals when you took over.

You really couldn't have scripted the 3rd and 4th round of the FA Cup being local derbies! Signing Dele Alli is a game-changer, watch that boy shine! Great read by the way, really enjoying it!

I know mate, pinning all my hopes on the FA cup now. Dele Alli looks a great player, he's already in the team and looks one of our best players.

This has been a really good read thus far.

Great progress too, considering Newcastle were in the relegation zone with only four goals when you took over.

Thanks for reading mate. I'm shocked that they'd only scored 4 before I got here, the strikers aren't that bad! Got them firing more now anyway

View attachment 214225

March 2016

View attachment 214226

March was another up and down month, similar to February really.

We got off to a really poor start by losing 2-1 at home to Swansea. Swansea are flying high and are 3rd in the league but after beating them 1-0 away from home I really expected a better result here!

The next one was the big one for me. We should survive in the league pretty comfortably which allows me to prioritise the Fa cup and play our strongest side. And that's we did to great effect here. Thauvin and Perez got themselves on the scoresheet to put us through into the semi final of the cup!

The next two game both ended in draws, one pleasing one and one disappointing one.

The Stoke game was worse than disappointing actually, we were 2-0 up with 20 minutes to go and cruising, then they hit a quickfire double and claimed a truly undeserved point.

The 0-0 draw against Man City however was pretty pleasing. They totally battered us with 12 shots on target to compared to our embarrassing 0. But a point here is still decent!

View attachment 214224

By the end of March we'd actually slipped down the league a little and now found ourselves in 15th place with 31 points from 30 games.

Although that isn't brilliant, we're still 8 points clear with 8 points to go (and a game in hand over many of our rivals). It would take some meltdown for us to be dragged into the bottom three with us in this position but I'd still feel a lot better with another few points.

Another 3 points should be more than enough to keep us up.

Away from the Premier League and we still find ourselves in the hat for the Fa Cup semi final ...

View attachment 214223

The draw went about as well as possible.

We avoided Man City and Chelsea which I was really hopeful of and were drawn against Everton with the tie to be played at Wembley stadium.

We've another 4 league games before the cup semi final clash so hopefully we can guarantee safety before then and rest a couple before our biggest game of the season.​

View attachment 214222

April 2016 (first half)

View attachment 214221

April started pretty poorly with a humbling 3-1 defeat at the Emirates. Sanchez, Giroud and Ozil put them 3-0 before half time before Perez brought some respect to the scoreline late on.

This wasn't great preparation for the Tyne-Wear derby which was next. It didn't matter though as we ran out comfortable 3-0 winners in the end to end the hoodoo that Sunderland had over us. To be fair, I've now played Sunderland 3 times this season and won 2 and drew 1. Not a bad record for a Derby that Newcastle always perform so bad in. Sissoko became the hero by bagging a brace before Thauvin wrapped things up.

We then played Aston Villa away from home, another chance to pick up some vital points. Sadly though we only picked up one and not 3. Just like the Stoke game last month, we raced into a 2-0 down but Villa pegged us back and scored 2 in the last 10 minutes. Another 2 points dropped.

Then came the dress rehearsal of the Semi Final to be played in a matter of days. I rested a few of the lads to keep them sharp for Wembley. In fairness, we both looked very even and we could have played all night and neither of us score!

We'll need to up our game for cup semi final which comes next ...​

View attachment 212238

Gary Lineker - Hello and welcome to the first FACup semi final of this 2015/2016 season where we'll see Everton take onNewcastle. Im joined today by 3 guests who have won this competition 6 timesbetween them. Roy Keane won the cup 4 times with Man Utd, Ian Wright won ittwice with Arsenal and Alan Shearer was beaten twice in the final, sorry toremind you of that Alan.

So, how do we see this going gents?

Alan Shearer - I can see it being tight and abit cagey. The league game last week really lacked quality and I can see thesame happening today. I've got fancy Newcastle to go through through.

Roy Keane - I can see this one going all the way, very even game with neither side able to find a winner before extra time.

Gary Lineker - Well, we've got the teamsheets now and this is how they both line up:

View attachment 212237

Gary Lineker - Both side's line up with a 4-5-1, has this made any of you change your mind?

Ian Wright - Not really no. It's pretty much what we thought it would be and I still see it being tight. If I'm being pushed though I'd have to go with Newcastle for the win.

Alan Shearer - I actually really fancy Newcastle now, Jagielka at right back doesn't fill me with confidence and neither does Mori at center back. If Newcastle play this right then they can really target those two.

Roy Keane - Jagielka played right back when at Sheffield United and when he first joined Everton but I agree with Alan, Newcastle need to be targeting him.

Gary Lineker - Okay, so we're moments away, lets see if our experts are right ...

View attachment 212233

1" - An early chance for Perez which was well saved by Howard down to his left. This is a promising start for Newcastle.

4" - A cross comes in from Mirallas aimed towards Lukaku but Coloccini intercepts.

Wait, the referee is pointing to the spot! He's given handball against Coloccini and gives Everton a chance to take the lead.

Leighton Baines steps up ...

View attachment 212232

And MISSES !!!

View attachment 212230

Krul saves the penalty and the ball's clearedinto touch by Janmaat.

30" - Sissoko has a shot which forces Howard into a save. Colback takes the resulting corner which Steven Taylor headed towards goal for Wijnaldum to stoop down and head home to put us 1-0 up.

View attachment 212229

NEWCASTLE 1-0 EVERTON

32" - Wijnaldum crosses it in for Perez to volley straight at Howard to keeps the ball out.

37" - Good build up play from Everton, Deulofeu put a deep cross in which Lukaku swept home into the top corner giving Krul no chance.

View attachment 212227

NEWCASTLE 1-1 EVERTON

43" - Colback with a deep freekick into the box, Taylor heads towards goal but Howard is equal to it to keep the score level.

HALF TIME

NEWCASTLE 1-1 EVERTON

57" - Mirallas gets the better of Haidara and puts in a wicked ball to the far post. Deulofeu reaches and must score, but Krul gets a hand to it and beats it wide. Great chance for Everton to retake the lead goes begging.

78" A tough tackle by Dele Alli has the Everton fans incensed but the referee see's nothing wrong with it and lets play go on.

90+2" - Wijnaldum passes a great ball through to Perez who strikes it at goal. He's denied by Howard though at the near post.

FULL TIME

NEWCASTLE 1-1 EVERTON

103" - Wijnaldum plays a ball over the top for Perez who is once again stopped by Howard who saves well.

105" - Substitute Marvaeux crosses the ball in towards Perez who's beaten to the ball by Jagielaka. The ball falls to Anita on the edge of the box who fires wide.

113" - Baines whipped in a freekick which Lukaku beat Krul to but he fires over the bar.

END OF EXTRA TIME

NEWCASTLE 1-1 EVERTON

PENALTY SHOOTOUT

Georginio Wijanldum steps up first ... and slots the ball right into the bottom corner.

1-0

Lukaku then steps up first for Everton and tucks away with ease with Krul going the wrong way.

1-1

Moussa Sissoko is next to make the walk as he smashed the ball straight down the middle.

2-1

Leighton Baines steps up to take Everton's first penalty, surely he can't miss for the second time today ... He Can! He puts this one wide to Newcastle the advantage.

2-1

Ayoze Perez now has the chance to capitalize on Baines miss ... and he does! Sending the keeper the wrong way in the process.

3-1

John Stones now has all the pressure as he must score to keep Everton in with a chance. He scores into the bottom left corner, beating Krul with ease.

3-2

Marveaux now with a chance to make it 4-2 but he misses as Tim Howard tips wide. Game on now.

3-2

Steven Naismith can now bring it all square, and he does as he sends Krul the wrong way.

3-3

Vernon Anita now has all the pressure on him with the scores level. But he puts his effort wide and now gives the advantage back to Everton.

3-3

Besic now with the chance to win it for Everton with the 5th penalty. But he misses as well as Krul saves well down to his left. With 5 penalties taken each its now sudden death.

3-3

Janmaat now with the 6th penalty and slots it away for Newcastle to re-take the lead.

4-3

Jagielka levels though as he hits it high into the roof of the net.

4-4

Tiote stepped up next but doesn't look confident. He scuffs it into the corner but it wasn't confident. Fortunately Howard dived the wrong way.

5-4

Deulofeu now with the pressure but you wouldn't think it looking at him. Krul dived the right way but the pace of Deulofeu strike beat him.

5-5

Coloccini steps up next as we're down to the poorer takers now. He still puts it past Tim Howard though as he cranks up the nerves for the Everton lads.

6-5

Ramiro Mori now with the chance to equalise ... and does to level.

6-6

It's now keeper vs keeper as Tim Krul steps up against Tim Howard. And Krul becomes the winner against the two to put Newcastle back in the lead.

7-6

Aaron Lennon is next for Everton who waits for Krul to move and the strokes it home.

7-7

Haidara now with the 10th Newcastle penalty. It wasn't a confident penalty but still stuck it away.

8-7

James McCarthy now with all the pressure. He walks from the halfway line and looks like he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders. And it shows as Krul smothered his penalty low to his right to win it for Everton.

8-7

View attachment 212197

View attachment 212191

View attachment 212192

What an epic penalty shoot-out. Hopefully you can go on to win the cup now! The boys will be full of confidence.

What an epic penalty shoot-out. Hopefully you can go on to win the cup now! The boys will be full of confidence.

I know mate, so many twists and turns! I really thought we'd blown it when Anita missed. Tough game in the final though, however we draw.

Baines had a nightmare there! Great win, congrats!

He's normally pretty good with peno's as well, surprised. Cheers though :) Let's go an win it now!

View attachment 211892

APRIL 2016 (2nd half)

View attachment 211893

The rest of the month was pretty uneventful with just 2 away games left after the cup semi final.

West Ham came up first where I rested a few of the lads after playing such a tough game and extra time only 3 days ago. We didn't play well but still managed to pick up another point which could make all the difference.

Crystal Palace away was the final game of the month where again we were poor and lost the game late on after Zaha grabbed the winner.

View attachment 211891

So, at the end of April, we're now 14th in the league on 37 points. 10 clear of the relegation zone! As it turns out the point against West Ham actually guaranteed our safety this season.

This now means we can really concentrate on the cup final where we'll play Chelsea in the final.​

View attachment 211872

View attachment 211869

The last two games off the month brought with them 6 points and 2 much improved performances.

Leicester could still have been dragged in the relegation battle so I was pleased to beat them 2-0 in dominant fashion. Moussa Sissoko with the first before Jamaal Lascelles scored his first goal to seal the victory and move us up to 40 points.

We rested a few for the final game, against Southampton, in readiness for the cup final vs Chelsea. But once again we played well and grabbed a deserved win. Ayoze Perez and Thauvin with the goals.

I'm really pleased to finish the season on such good form to give us confidence for the cup final.​

View attachment 211862
Up next is the FA Cup final against Chelsea ...​

Never thought i'd see Spurs so high in the league table! Not a great season but FA cup final isn't too bad is it ;)

View attachment 211860

Fa Cup 2015/2016

View attachment 211854

This is how the sides lined up for our biggest game of the season and my biggest game as a manager!

We went with the same line up as the semi final apart from Mbemba coming back from injury to replace Steven Taylor.

Chelsea meanwhile went with a 4-2-3-1 with Diego Costa leading the line and Pedro, Oscar and Hazard playing just behind him.

Their back 4 though really gives me confidence of giving them a game. Callum Chambers, Zouma, Paulo Oliveira and Azpillucueta can certainly be 'got at'. It's a very inexperienced back 4 and with Fabregas also very attack minded in midfield, attack may be our best form of defence today.

Lets see ...
View attachment 211852

SO CLOSE!!

We twice took the lead as Ayoze Perez scored his 9th and 10th of the season.

Perez's second goal was something special as he picked the ball up on the left hand side of the box, beat Chambers the curled an effort into the far post and past Courtois.

With the scores 2-2 and nearing full time, the game went into extra time as Chelsea pulled us back twice.

Chelsea then went on and grabbed the winner just before half time in extra time. A cross came in from Callum Chambers towards the far post. Janmaat mistimed his header and left Bernard with a simple tap in to claim the cup with a 3-2 win.

View attachment 211837

Never thought i'd see Spurs so high in the league table! Not a great season but FA cup final isn't too bad is it ;)

I know, they had a good season to be fair! And Arsenal not finishing 4th ;) unbelievable stuff! Not great but not bad either, its all about next season for me when i can actually bring some decent players in