Paul Gazza Gascoigne...

• Thread starter Thread starter TamMcCann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 46K
The Truth

View attachment 236649

So there will be all sorts of rumours flying around about my future. Me and Sid have got on well since I came here and I thank him for giving me a job at a time where no one else would and I respect him and always will but recently he has not shown the same ambition as me, we are still a Part Time Club and I feel we shouldn't be, any request I have has been knocked back, I know money is tight but I feel for the Club to grow we need to make changes and it's just not happening. The media are on my case trying to find out the truth but I won't give anything away to them as I respect Sid and all the staff and the fans but will I be here much longer? I don't know...I'll have to think it over a little drink.

View attachment 236654

I needed it!

W
here's Gazza?

View attachment 236657

Today is the big game, start of the Season at home vs Ross County and Paul Gascoigne hasn't turned up due to being unwell so Assistant Manager Gordan Durie will take charge of todays game. Reports are suggesting Gazza has left but it's unclear of what has been going on!

View attachment 236660

East Fife won 2-1 today with goals from Paul McQuade and Jamie Knowles so it's a great start to the season but what is happening with Gazza? We spoke to Durie after the match and he said " Paul hasn't been feeling well I'd appreciate if you can leave him in peace"!

View attachment 236662View attachment 236662

I need to get a ******* grip! I'm letting my team down I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and get back in the dugout! Gordan Durie is just off the phone, he knows what's really wrong with me, I feel I'm relapsing ! I need to get back on track I can't let the booze win! I will be back into training tomorrow to help the lads like they have me!

Collumbine Spills All

View attachment 236663

East Fife chairman has spoken out and today he has said " I'd like to get this cleared up, Paul has been back on the drink again and that's why he hasn't got in contact with me or been to the Teams last game". Asked if Paul has a future at the Club Collumbine said " Yes, If he sorts himself out".

How dare he!

View attachment 236664
He has no right!

I can't believe it! Sid has went behind my back and told the media about my drinking! He has betrayed me, I'm so ******* angry it was a moment of madness I was going to pick myself up and now he has made it much worse than it needed to be!

View attachment 236665

Sid : Hello?

Gazza : Why? I can't believe it you have betrayed me!

Sid : Paul I...

Gazza : NO! You of all people should know better Sid, they are my problems, why give the media one over on me, now I'll be a laughing stock!

Sid : Don't you shout at me! I never ment anthing bad out of this!

Gazza : Well you have, you have ****** it up for me!

Sid : No, I gave you the chance and you ****** it up for yourself Paul!

Gazza : And you made it worse, I'll be in tomorrow to see the guys and have a chat with them about all this.

Sid : Then come see me about Compensation...

Gazza : What?!

Sid : I will be letting you go Paul.

Gazza : After all I've done for the Club! I can't believe this.

Sid : You need help...

Gazza : I'm away before I say something I regret!

View attachment 236666
Paul's sacked?

Bags Packed

View attachment 236670

I arrive into Training and get the Squad together and sit them all down :

Gazza : Right guys I'm sure you are aware of what has happened..

Michael Flynn : Yeah Gaffer, were here for you don't worry.

Gazza : Cheers Michael (Laughs Nervously), I'm sorry boys but I will be leaving today, Sid has made it clear.

(The boys looked shocked)

Ryan Wallace : What? No way!

Gazza: Yeah mate, I will miss you guys and whoever is in charge next will inherit a great team(hold back his tears)!

View attachment 236673

After seeing the boys I went up to see Sid and we had a chat( I really wanted to hit the *******), I have lost all the respect for this man but he has let me leave and he said he will tell the media I have resigned and also he will tell them he blown the drink scandal out of proportion, not that is helps now...

Gazza Walks!

View attachment 236674

Paul Gascoigne has sensationally quit East Fife today after a bust up with Chairman Sid Collumbine, Said has told us that Gazza felt it was time to leave and he also added he wanted to say sorry about telling us about Pauls drinking as he may have misread the situation.

Gazza's next Job?

View attachment 236685

Paul Gascoigne has today revealed he has no intention of quitting Football and insists he will consider any other Job Offer, there been speculation that he will hold talks with Nottingham Forrest Chairman Jamie Andrews about taking the job there but it's unclear if that is true.

View attachment 236688
Next Job for
Gazza?

I will update tomorrow with alot more depth, and plenty more twists to keep this story going strong!

Back to Square 1

View attachment 236832

This has been an eventful week! I was flying high at East Fife, getting on with everyone and my reputation seemed to be building up then CRASH! One mistake and stupidity from Sid Collumbine and now I'm back down at Newcastle living with my mate Jimmy trying to get another job. I heard Nottingham Forest were looking at me but right now that is pure speculation I've had no contact from them or anyone. I'm open minded, I will go anywhere to work. I feel I done enough at East Fife to prove to decent size Clubs I can cope and hopefully they contact me soon.

Breaking News

View attachment 236922

Coventry City manager Andy Thorn has been sacked by the Club today. After relegation from the Championship and now sitting mid table in League 1 chairman Ray Ranson had enough after the fans protested for change. One fan said " Coventry aren't a League 1 team, we need someone in to get us back into the Championship and fast"!

View attachment 236925
Thorn was sacked
today.

The Sky Blues Next Man?

View attachment 236928

Today bookies have suggested that Paul Gascoigne is favourite to take over at Coventry City, he has been out of work since leaving East Fife in Scotland, East Fife were an unknown team until Gazza took over and worked his magic but due to problems with the chairman he walked away from the job. Will Ray Ranson take a gamble on Gazza?

View attachment 236930
Chairman Ray Ranson.

Gazza gets in gear

View attachment 236933

Gazza : Jimmy can you get in contact with Ray, I'm really interested in the Coventry Job.

Jimmy : No need mate, Ray phoned earlier, you have to go down to see him tomorrow!

Gazza : Brilliant, I just want to get back into Football!

Gazza Spotted with Ray Ranson

View attachment 236939

Reports suggest that Paul Gascoigne will be named the new Coventry City boss later on this afternoon after been seen with Ray Ranson. Many fans see Gazza as an ideal man for the job. One said " To get Gazza would be great, I hope it's true!"

Gascoigne New City Manager!

View attachment 236940

Paul Gascoigne has been chosen as the man to replace Andy Thorn at Coventry City! Gazza worked wonders at East Fife and now many fans here will hope to see the same at Coventry! Press Conference with Gazza and Ray Ranson is due soon.

Breaking News

View attachment 237241

So here goes my interview with Sky Sports about me taking the job at Coventry City Football Club. I've hear one or two negative things already, "Gazza's got the job on the basis off an order to report for alcohol tests every week"! What the **** is that all about! I really can't be ****** with the media but new start and all that. I need to make a good first impression to the fans and show I'm not just Gascoigne the one that ***** everything up. I feel I'm ready to come back to England and face my critics now after that shambles at Newcastle United. That is not me any more, I will prove that to them!

The Interview

View attachment 237255

Interviewer : Welcome back to England Paul, Coventry City are a team that aren't doing very well right now, they sit outside the Play Off spot in League One and fans are demanding Promotion to the Championship, what do you think of that?

Gazza : Thanks. I think that's a little harsh, we are sitting 11th and I feel the Play Off spot is my target despite not very many games left and I think if we can reach that we will have an excellent chance of promotion.

Interviewer : So what happened up in Scotland with East Fife?

Gazza : Look what happened at East Fife is in the past, I want to talk about Coventry City, they are my focus now.

Interviewer : What is your plans for Coventry Paul?

Gazza : I'm here for the long haul I hope, Coventry has a great fan base and a great Stadium and also some quality players. I see Coventry as a long term project and at the end I'd like to see them in the Premier League and being consistent within the Divison and to be in Europe too.

Interviewer : Well good luck Paul, Thanks for your time.

Gazza : Thank you.

View attachment 237259
Gazza has big
plans for Coventry.

First Training Session

View attachment 237261

My first day was great. It's a real buzz to be back round Football again. I trained the boys really hard today and they done very well, for the last hour we had a kick about and the boys seemed really up for it. After all there places are at stake for the weekend game away to Mansfield. After seeing today's training session I feel I know who will be Key for me :

View attachment 237262
James Mcpake - Age 29
(Defender)

When I arrived James seemed very professional from the start, he trained hard in training and played well in the bounce game. He is a strong lad who isn't scared to put a foot in. He will be vital for our defence for our Play Off Push.

View attachment 237265
David Bell- Age 30
(Midfielder)

David is a versatile midfielder who can play anywhere across the the midfield. He has been at Coventry for a couple of years now and when I arrived he seemed to enjoy helping the younger players which is good to see. He can strike a ball and can see passes from miles as I noticed in training.

View attachment 237267
Faird El Alagui - Age 29
( Forward)

What a goal scoring record! 53 goals in 73 apps for Coventry since joining from Falkirk a Season and a half ago. He still isn't the best with his English though (laughs)! Faird is a big strong striker, on and off the park he is so calm and that's what you need in a striker, he is composed and clinical. He's a joy to have at the Club.

View attachment 237269

After sweating it out on the Park I had a quick chat with the lads to just introduce myself a little more and to see if they have any questions.

Gazza : Well that was really good today guys, I hope you enjoyed it today. First and fore most I'm off the drink (Team and I laugh)! No but seriously boys it's going to be a pleasure to work with you's and I hope you feel the same about me. Before I came I did a little scouting on you's. There's real talent in this dressing room and I feel we should be getting into this Play Off Spot and vying for Promotion. I see last season you's narrowly missed out on Promotion back to the Championship, well lets change it guys, lets do it for the fans and let's start it against Mansfield away ( Team agrees)! Now any questions boys?...I'll take that as a no then (laugh). Well guys see you tomorrow in training and remember no drinking tonight (Boys laugh)!

View attachment 237278

I go up to my office and start doing some paperwork and before I came to Coventry I was scouting players and I came across two young Plymouth Argyle Stars who's contracts are up in the Summer, they are :

View attachment 237279
Curtis Nelson - Age 20
(Defender)

He has played consistent all Season for Plymouth who are now in League 1 and are pushing for a Play Off spot too. He is a real talent and in the future I can see him being an England International. He is free to speak to anyone and I know Plymouth want to keep him but I've contacted his agent about getting Curtis to sign for us so I hope we can get that deal wrapped us shortly.

View attachment 237280
Matt Lecointe - Age 19
(Striker)

Again what a prospect, Matt is still young and yet he has scored 27 goals in 72 apps for Plymouth, he is there top goal scorer this Season so far and was there top goal scorer last season helping them get in to League 1. He is also free to speak to other Clubs and again I've spoked to his agent and it's looking promising that we will do a deal to get him in for the Summer.

Gazza signs loanees

View attachment 237281
Ross Wallace - Age 28
(Midfielder)

I felt we were weakest on the left hand side so I signed Ross Wallace on loan with a view to sign him permanent for only £24k ! He has played for big teams such as Celtic, Sunderland and Burnley. His experience will be vital and I can see him getting a permanent contract, he will be a class act in League 1.

View attachment 237282
Gary Borrowdale - Age 28
(Defender)

We needed a left back and Gary has played in the Premier League with QRP, played in the Championship with Peterborough Utd so again I think he will bring experience to the dressing room which will help our boost for the Play Off's.

Feedback please! Ps I know the Gazza face with Ray Ranson looks ****** up lol!​

Matchday
(Monthly Review)

View attachment 237666
Away to Mansfield.

My nerves are going, hands are shaking! In a good way, it's my first game as Manager of Coventry City and the fans here demand promotion. It looks like the only way will be through the Play Off's. The lads are just coming into the dressing room and my Team Line up is up on the board. There's a good atmosphere in the room, they all know what they need to do and I'm really positive today. Come on you Sky Blues!

Mansfield 0-1 Coventry City

View attachment 237672

I'm really pleased with the win, it's a vital 3 points towards the Play Off's. Mansfield aren't the best team in the league but a 1-0 will do and the 3 points is all that counts so hopefully the lads can push on now. We had more of the ball all game and by far more shots on goal and it was top goalscorer Farid El Alagui who netted the winner on 33mins.

Tranmere Rovers 0-1 Coventry City

View attachment 237675

Another vital 3points in the quest of the Play Off's against a well organised Tranmere team. It was a gritty performance from us today and Francis Zoko's early 6minute goal earned us a hard fought win which I'm proud of the boys as they all never gave up.

Coventry City 5-2 Crawley Town

View attachment 237676

It was my first game at home at I'm delighted with the support from our Fans who took to me straight away which was nice. We hammered Crawley today and I dedicate the win to the fans who where brilliant all game! We were up 4-0 at half time from goals from Francios Zoko, Farid El Alagui and Cyrus Christie. A second half goal from Jim O'Brien made it 5-0 but replies from Frederic Vieillot and Kwame Adjeman-Pamboe made it 5-2 and that's the way it finished. We were on top form today and if we keep playing like this I don't see why we can't get Promoted.

Doncaster Rovers 1-1 Coventry City

View attachment 237680

Gutted! Doncaster were lucky to draw today. The lads worked there socks off against 2nd place Doncaster and I felt we deserved the win but Doncaster somehow managed to grab a point by Chris Brown scoring on the 85th minute. Francios Zoko scored for us on the 67th minute and after that we had several chances to score more but we just didn't seem to take them but I still felt confident on getting the 3points but it was not to be. We are still on course of a Promotion Place which is good, the lads are still buzzing and I feel we can go on a good run now!

View attachment 237681
Comm'on you Sky
Blues !

Monthly Report

View attachment 237682

I really can't complain about my first month in charge, the lads have reacted well to my appointment and we have Won 3 out of 4 which is really good. My player of the month has to be Francios Zoko. He is a real pain in the backside for defenders, he will run at them all day and isn't scared to hit a shot. 4 goals in 4 games is brilliant and I hope he can keep it up!

What does everyone think of my start with Coventry?

Still following. Very intresting pick to join Coventry,what made you pick them? Hopefully get a nice run of form and get promoted. Hopefully every so often you can let us know how East Fife are doing without Gazza.

Still following. Very intresting pick to join Coventry,what made you pick them? Hopefully get a nice run of form and get promoted. Hopefully every so often you can let us know how East Fife are doing without Gazza.

No real reason mate other than they have a nice stadium a decent fans base and some good players and because they were in league 1 I felt it would be a good challenge to try n build a good team and try & get them into the Premier League within 3 years hopefully if I get up this season. Yeah mate I'll add that in if you want. I've got one or two of there players on my radar for Coventry anyway! :P

Monthly Report

View attachment 238586

Another good month and the Play Off's are in sight! Here is a quick run over of the game :-

Coventry City 4-1 Carlisle

View attachment 238587

A brilliant display today and we fully deserved the win. Liam Noble got Carlisle off to a great start but after that we took control of the match and with goals from Ross Wallace, Francios Zoko (x2) and James McPake gave us the win we needed.

Swindon 2-3 Coventry City

View attachment 238588

A very gritty performance but a win none the less! Leon Clarke put us up 1-0 then Swindon replied with two goals by Luke Rooney and Ronan Murray to make it 2-1 to Swindon but we scored just before Half Time with a goal from Fancios Zoko. We played well Second Half and we kept going and David Bell scored a screamer for us to win the match.

Coventry City 2-1 Plymouth Argyle

View attachment 238589

Coventry were nearly shocked today. A goal from Matt Lecointe the man that is due to go to Coventry in the Summer scored and there was 5minutes left and Matt must have thought he won it for Plymouth but Ross Wallace and David Bell sealed the win with late goals in a dramatic finish which would have sent home Plymouth fans thinking how they didn't atleast get a point!

Barnsley 1-1 Coventry City

View attachment 238591

A frustrating draw today but the guys showed grit to hold onto the draw as Barnsley were far better than us today. Leon Clarke scored to make it 1 each and it was the only real chance we had in goal all game. We need to do better in that aspect.

Coventry City 5-1 Yeovil Town

View attachment 238594

That's the response I wanted! We were class today and goals from James McPake, Danny Batth, Francios Zoko and a double from Jim O'Brien won the match easily for us.

Charlton Athletic 1-2 Coventry City

View attachment 238597

Charlton were shocked not to take a point atleast and Coventry were at it again! A 90min own goal and a goal from James McPake in injury time made sure Coventry would be in the Play Off place!

Preston North End 1-1 Coventry City

View attachment 238600

On loan defender got us a draw against a strong Preston team. We played well and a draw was a fair result. Still doing well so I can't really complain!

View attachment 238603
Were Climbing Up!

Gazza Snaps Up More Summer Transfers!

View attachment 238604
Darren Barr - Age 29
(Defender -CB)

Darren will bring a wealth of experience to the team, he's a big strong lad like James McPake who would be a scary defence to face! I signed Darren because I also think he will be brilliant for our younger players who I want to introduce to the team eventually.

View attachment 238605
John Herron - Age 20
(Midfielder)

Ross Wallace has failed to agree a contract with us so I quickly made my move for a great prospect in Celtic player John Herron, he rejected Celtic's contract offer to join us and I can't wait to get him here, he's one for the future and I'm sure will play a part throughout next Season at Some points.

View attachment 238606
Craig Sibbald - Age 18
(Midfielder)

Craig's only 18 years old but I expect him to play a serious part for us next Season that's how much I rate the boy! He is so mature for his age and he will bring a lot of talent to the Squad and possibly big money income in the future!

Gazza Back at East Fife !!!

View attachment 238608

Reports are suggesting that Coventry City Manager Paul Gascoigne is about to raid his former Club East Fife for defender Chris Hegarty and Liam McAlinden. Coventry Scout Mark York was at East Fife's last match and an inside source has said " Paul wants to bring Chris and maybe Liam to Coventry, he is rebuilding the Coventry squad the way he wants it and may play it safe by trying to sign players he already knows well. It is believed Gazza has already contacted his "old friend" Sid about his 2 young starlets.

View attachment 238610View attachment 238611
Hegarty and McAlinden both
represent N.Ireland at
U21 Level.

My Player of the Month

View attachment 238607
James McPake

It's got to be James, throughout the Month he has chipped in with important goals and has been a tower of strength at the back, the lad is so composed is scary! He's doing great right now and long may it continue!

Still got the save but not played it for a while, got bored with it. Maybe start it again...

Well if you not fancying the game again I am sure if you start another it can have a good story. Will keep an eye out either way.

Back