Paul Gazza Gascoigne...

• Thread starter Thread starter TamMcCann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 46K
can i see a screenshot of the tactic you used against spurs please. this is a gd story im a toon supporter well done mate

Sorry mate the reason I ended up going East Fife instead of being Newcastle was bcoz I had to reboot my comp and lost everything but I wanted to carry the story on somehow.

Celtic Vs East Fife

View attachment 235021

Today will be a hard game for the boys, Celtic have some quality players but I always back my lads to do well and I think we will give them a game to remember. Here I will give my update on Celtic and who I think we need to watch :

View attachment 235027

Jack Robinson - LB

The Celtic Left back will be a major threat as he posses an attacking threat so we will need the midfield to play a big part in flooding the middle of the park and not giving time for there defenders to push up to help support there attack.

View attachment 235024

Joe Ledley - Lm

A strong midfielder who isn't scared of a tackle and also is vital to Celtic's attack, again we need to be hard in the midfield and show no fear to Celtic's midfield and try and match them every step.

View attachment 235025

Gary Hooper - St

A clinical striker who can use both feet and is good in the air too. Him and Stokes will be a major threat and everyone will need to be at the top of there game if we are to stop them from Scoring.

Here is the Line Ups :

View attachment 235028

Clearly Celtic have the most experience in there team but my boys have been consistent most of the Season, the morale is good and I feel they really want to show the fans they can cope against teams like Celtic. I can't really pick out a stand out player for this game from my team as I feel they will all need to chip in to win this massive tie. However the media seem to think young Liam McAlinden's form and Kenny Deuchar's experience this game will prove vital.

View attachment 235034 View attachment 235035
Liam McAlinden Kenny Deuchar

I will do one more post after this then that is me for tonight guys.​

Celtic 1-0 East Fife

View attachment 235037

Celtic - Cup Winners 2012

Celtic were deserved winners today but I'm proud of the lads despite loosing, we were never in with a chance at the start of getting to the final so to get there was brilliant. The fans stayed back after 90mins to salute the team and the Celtic support and players were congratulating the lads too which was nice. What a season we have had and now we have Europe to look forward to next season due to getting to the cup final, I hope next season will be as good as this one but maybe with a better ending! Here are the Seasons Awards from the Club :

Fans Player of the Season :

View attachment 235040

Darren Smith - Lm

Darren has been brilliant this season, he is in his 30's and his a great guy to have in the dressing room. When I came here I thought Darren wouldn't be in my plans! Oh how wrong I was he has scored 13 goals in 43 games this season and set up 15 with 6 Man of the Matches! He has been one of the most consistent players this season and without a doubt he's one of the reasons were going up this season.

Players Player of the Season :

View attachment 235041

Kenny Deuchar - St

Well well, King Kenny arrived back at East Fife in January, I knew he would be an asset but to end up being top goal scorer is nothing short of brilliant! Kenny scored 15 goals in 14 games for us with setting up 3 and getting 2 Man of the Match awards.

My Player of the Season :

View attachment 235044

James Knowles - Cm

James has matured into a quality Footballer and I believe he will be vital in Europe and in the First Divison next Season, he is still only 20 but I know bigger teams will be after him soon, to me he is the next Paul Gascoigne! (Laughs) James has played 36 games this season scoring 5 goals and setting up 9 with 4 Man of the Match awards.

Club in Major Profit

View attachment 235046

To see the Club in profit like this is great, it shows how good a season we have had, the more money we gain the better the club can grow!

Thanks to all the fans this season that have supported me despite my repuation, I hope you all will back the lads as good as you have next season and will see us to yet more glory!

BRING ON EUROPE & DIVISON 1 !

View attachment 235045
There's only one Paul Gascoigne!!

That's my last post tonight, bring on Season number 2 !

Great effort in the cup! Gutting you lost but at least it was only 1-0. Great league run. Looking forward to pre-season with Gazza and his crazy ways, or maybe now normal way. Season 2 is going to be cracking.

Pre Season

View attachment 235461
Pre Season Training.

Well Pre Season has started and I can't wait for this Season! We have the Europa League in which I'm really looking forward to and also the matter of Irn Bru Divison 1 to look to try and build on and get up into the Spl with the likes of Rangers and Celtic.

Transfers

Everyone played there part last season on us getting promotion but I felt I had to let a few fringe and back up players go so that I could build a stronger team for this Season. I tied up the likes of Darren Smith, Bobby Linn, John Overstone and Michael Flynn all on new 1 Year Deals due to there experience although they will have to fight hard for there position this season. Here is my transfer signings for this Season :-

View attachment 235462
Transfers.

I'll run through my thoughts on my dealings quickly.

Benjamin Van Leer (Gk)

View attachment 235463
Benjamin started at PSV then moved to SPL side Dunfermline so he has decent experience at a high level in Scotland in which he played over 20 games for Dunfermline last season so £9k was a good deal and I reckon he will be vital for us.

Stephen O'Halloran (LB)

View attachment 235464

Former Aston Villa and Coventry Defender Stephen O'Halloran was released from Coventry and I felt he was worth a punt, he looked promising at Villa a few years back so I think if he can return to that form he will be a excellent addition to the Squad.

Rory McKenzie (RM)

View attachment 235466

Young Rory is an exciting prospect so when the chance to take him on loan I couldn't knock back, he will be a terror against defenders!

Scott Boyd (CB)

View attachment 235469

We paid £16k for Scott, he has first Divison experience which will be vital, he moved to St Mirren in the Spl but couldn't break into the first team squad but here he will be an asset from the off.

Jamie Walker (RM, ACM)

View attachment 235474

Another exciting loanee prospect, Jamie is fast and very enthusiastic, he will bring pace and skill to the team and once again will be a nip for defenders.

Chris Hegarty (CB)

View attachment 235475

Former Rangers youth player Hegarty is a coup! Why Rangers let him go I don't know but it's there loss and very much our gain. He is very switched on for his age and will go straight into our heart of the defence, Rangers will regret letting not giving this young Star a New Contract!

Willie McClaren (LM)

View attachment 235476

McClaren cost us £55k our most expensive signing this Season! He has experience in all levels in Scotland and will bring vital experience for the left mid as we only have Darren Smith for that area. McClaren will be up there at the end of the Season with a lot of assists, he will provide great chances for our strikers.

Patrick Lip (CM)

View attachment 235477

We signed dutch midfielder Lip from Dunfermline for £10k so again he has experience in the top league in Scotland and has experience in the second league in Holland which will prove to be useful in Europe for us, he brings a calm head and strength in the middle on the park which will be good for us, him and young James Knowles will bounce off each other well I hope.

Friendlies

We only had a few friendly matches due to our Europe campaign starting soon so here they are :-

View attachment 235478

East Fife 1-0 East Fife Reserves
McAlinden (57)

We started off with a 1-0 victory against our reserve team, would have liked more but it shows the depth we have that our reserves can give our first team a game.

View attachment 235479

East Fife 3-2 Coventry City
Linn (84) McDonald (3)
Mitchell (85) Cameron (51)
N'Gom (89)

What a comeback! Coventry have a strong side but we showed we are no pushovers.

View attachment 235480

East Fife (Scotland) Vs Olimpija (Slovenia)
( Qualification Round 2)

The big day! The stadium is rocking and no wonder, East Fife's first game ever in Europe. The fans are signing my Name and it's a wonderful feeling. Olimpija have such a strong squad but I believe we have enough to upset the odds and win the first leg!

View attachment 235481
There Star man.

If we can stop Cifer we will win this game I'm sure of it!

View attachment 235483
Chris Hegarty.

Chris is young but I believe he's the man to stop Cifer.

East Fife 3-0 Olimpija

View attachment 235484

I knew we could win but by 3goals was brilliant! I will never forget this game no matter the outcome in the second leg, we were excellent all game and we fully deserved the win I'm so proud for the fans and players, just everyone invloved, this game will go down in History!

View attachment 235485
Team Line Ups.
I felt is we packed the mid and got there players frustrated while playing a counter game with our wingers attacking and helping our lone striker we could get the win and I'm chuffed we did!

View attachment 235486
Aftermatch Report.

What a start, we are in a strong position to get through and if we can it will be a tough tie against APOEL but I feel we can do it, confidence is high at the moment, we also can't wait until the league starts!

View attachment 235487
East Fife fans enjoying
our win!

Fantastic result in Europe mate, Keep up the good work Gazza!!!

Trip to Slovenia

View attachment 236052

So we hold a 3-0 lead against a strong Olimpija side who have International players in there team. We are underdogs for this match but we have brought a strong support over and they will be backing the lads all the way! I will play the exact same 4-1-4-1 formation with the same starting line up that won at Bayview. Olimpija will attack from the off but I have belief in the lads that we can hold out and get the win and the Prize Money along with the tie!

View attachment 236061
Cash is vital for Club
to grow!

Game On

View attachment 236063
East Fife Line Up :-

1. Benjamin van Leer (Gk)

2. Stephen O' Halloran (Lb)

3. Scott Boyd (Cb

4. Chris Hegarty (Cb)

5. Scott Taggart (Rb)

6. Anton Peterlin (Dm)

7. Wullie McLaren (Lm)

8. James Knowles (Cm)

9. Patrick Lip (Cm)

10. Jamie Walker (Rm)

11. Liam McAlinden (St)

Our starting line up is the same as last game except Jamie Walker who was drafted in due to a late injury with Rory McKenzie.

Nk Olimpija 2-0 East Fife

View attachment 236064
Nk score there second
of the match.

We didn't even deserve a draw today and I thought Olimpija were unlucky not to push it to extra time but none the less we are through which I'm proud about but we need to up our game a little more against APOEL or we could be humiliated. Our best player was Jamie Walker, when we had our chances he was involved in them all, not that there was much but he really tried to make an impact out there even at the last few minutes of the game which was pleasing to see. As I said none the less we are through so I'm sure the fans are over the moon but would also like to see an improvement from today's game.

View attachment 236077
Jamie Walker.

Ramsdens Cup
(1st Round)

View attachment 236078
For those who don't know The Ramsdens cup is only for the lower league teams in Scotland like Division 1, 2 and 3.

Brechin City Vs East Fife

View attachment 236080
Without being disrespectful to Brechin or The Ramsdens Cup I will play a lot of youth and fringe players this game as others will be tired from the Europa League game only 3 days ago. I will still put a team out that I think can win the match. We have two promising youngsters I intend to play.

Brechin City 3-1 East Fife

View attachment 236091
Brechin Score

We sent out an experienced team with a few youth players and we were totally outplayed so I'm really annoyed to get beat so easily. The first half was a joke! None of my first team players from the Olimpija started but we still had the likes of Darren Smith and Kenny Deuchar on but it just wasn't enough.

Next Game

View attachment 236092Vs View attachment 236099
East Fife Apoel Nicosia

This will be a very tough game but I think we can pull off another upset, don't get me wrong Apoel are a stronger team than Olimpija but with the fans behind up and our belief we can do this!

I will update tomorrow guys.

Unlucky in Europe in the second leg but at least you are through. Will be good to see how far you can go. Ramsden cup could have been a good one to go for but with being in Europe I am not surprised you didn't want to abuse your players to much. Good luck mate.

Match Build Up

View attachment 236329

So here we are, the third qualifier against Apoel. I can see us winning this game as we have the players to cause an upset they have shown it in the last round. I will play the same team once again as I feel it's the strongest team and also I'll play the same 4-1-4-1 formation with my wingers attacking when possible to help young Liam McAlinden upfront.

East Fife 2-1 APOEL

View attachment 236339
Players enjoy the win.

I'm fuming!!!! The boys gave there all and upstaged a better team and we could and should have scored 3 to make it 3-0. That's not why I'm fuming, at the end of the match there was +2 mins added on and Apoel scored on +3, they should never have had the chance to score that goal and now I fear that will kill the tie due to there crucial away goal.

View attachment 236340View attachment 236343
Gazza not happy!

On a positive note the lads showed great energy all game I was so proud of them. Young Jamie Walker carried on his good form and scored in the first minute after there keeper slipped up. They came back into the game a little and had a lot of the ball but we kept going and started to pressure them again and we got another goal by Northern Ireland U21 Captain Chris Hegarty who headed our second on the 83rd minute and a few minutes later Kenny Deuchar was one on one with the keeper and missed a sitter! The game was on the +2 minute and I knew the game was won but the ref carried on to the +3 and they scored so that put a little bit of a negative on the game for me!

View attachment 236342
1-0 to us!

View attachment 236344
Shocking ref!

View attachment 236345
​How far can we go?

Gutting Apoel got the away goal!
Have any other teams come in and tried to poach Gazza? Also how are the new boys settling in?

Gutting Apoel got the away goal!
Have any other teams come in and tried to poach Gazza? Also how are the new boys settling in?

There's been speculation but thats about it mate. Good so far, but we will see as the season goes on. I've signed another young striker on loan from Celtic but I'll add that to my next update. Also I've already played the 2nd leg v APOEL so here goes my next post...

Matchday

View attachment 236419

Apoel Nicosia Vs East Fife
(3rd Round Qualifier)

So we hold a slim 2-1 lead but it's a lead none the less. I still can't stop thinking about there goal after extra time was supposed to be up though! Well no time to dwell on that. It's a bit of a gamble but I'm playing a 4-4-2 this match, I will go with Liam McAlinden and Kenny Deuchar upfront with Willie McLaren Chris Hegarty Patrick Lip and Jamie Walker in the Mid with a 4 man defence of Orlando Gonzalez Darren McCormack Scott Boyd and Scott Taggart with Benjamin Van Leer in goals.

APOEL 2-1 East Fife
(East Fife win 4-3 on pens)

View attachment 236420
Well done boys! We done really well out there today to hold a strong team and manage to beat them all be it on pens. For a club the size of East Fife will go down in History!

Europa League 4th Round !
View attachment 236421

We could now have wished for a harder/ more money spinning tie against Italian giants Juventus !

View attachment 236423 Vs View attachment 236422

I'm going to start doing monthly posts now with the odd post about how gazza is doing outside football. I'm sure this season will be another great season with twists!

Collumbine fall out with Gazza?

View attachment 236426

Reports are suggesting that Paul Gascoigne has had a massive bust up with East Fife Chairman Sid Collumbine over ambitions for the Club. One fan has said " I hope we can clear this up soon, we have a massive game against Juventus and also the start of the new league season and also Gazza in my eyes is a legend already at the club we need to keep this guy!" Another fan said " Paul has turned this Club round and has made other look at us with envy and I appreciate him for that but no one is bigger than the Club, if he can' respect the chairman then he has to go!"

View attachment 236427

The clock is ticking and the Juventus game is nearer, will Gazza still be in charge at East Fife? We have had reports NEC Nijmegen of Holland, Bristol City and Swansea are looking at Gazza if he leaves Bayview.

View attachment 236431

Notts Forest chairman has revealed he would consider hiring Paul Gascoigne as manager if he leaves East Fife in the coming days, Notts have lost 3 in 3 and sit bottom of the Championship but have the players to push up the Table. The chairman Jamie Andrews has said " Paul is contracted to East Fife so it would be disrespectful to talk too much but I can say Paul is a man who has worked wonders with a limited budget with a part time team, would he be worth a punt here? Yes I reckon so but as I said it's only my opinion it's nothing serious.

Gazza Replies to News

View attachment 236439

Paul Gascoigne has spoke to the media when we asked what the situation was at East Fife and he said " The fans are brilliant, the players are great. I love this club and I hope they can take to me no matter what happens". So it seems Gazza could be leaving East Fife! One interviewer asked Gazza if he will be in charge v Juventus and he replied " Yes, I recently signed a 1year contract and I will honour that, the club have been brilliant for me so I intend to stick with them if possible".

Sid Speaks to Us

View attachment 236440

East Fife chairman has spoke out saying " Everything I do is for East Fife, I will always put them first. No person is bigger than the Club".

It's making us think, what will happen at East Fife?

View attachment 236445

Juventers in the cup. Should be a ****** good game! Good luck in it if thats where you stay. Loving East Fife though.

Juventers in the cup. Should be a ****** good game! Good luck in it if thats where you stay. Loving East Fife though.

Ano mate if I get through it will be up there with one of my best achievements since i started playing Football Manager. Plenty of twists to come during the Season. I will post a few up tonight.

Ano mate if I get through it will be up there with one of my best achievements since i started playing Football Manager. Plenty of twists to come during the Season. I will post a few up tonight.

Hope you stay, cant believe you got them that far. Definantly following!

Back