Pawn361v.Vodu - Probably the best tactic with 3 DC, 6 Midfielders and 1 Striker! :p

i played 3-5-2 since CM 95, always worked like a charm.. i even brought back regional teams to national champions lol. but with FM is a bit different :p I´m going to play with Atalanta because it´s a good challenge! ( they have a penalty of -6 points )... lets see how it goes :p

Eheheh You gotta be Napoli, with only 40% possession, and a LOT of shots! From my personal experience, its funny that many teams score own goals when facing this tactic! Its pure panic!! :D

Thx for the update! ;)

Last edited:
i can't believe this!
first game using the tactic,no signs,intra-squad friendly:
View attachment 210460
WOW!
when i first saw this tactic,i thought that it wasn't truth.I mean,what the **** is that team configuration and formation? that doesn't make sense at all!! how the **** do a team counter attack with the slowest tempo and shortest passing,with the highest defensive line?
so i said to myself:"just gonna test it with a ****** team after i end this arsenal season."
and so i did!!!
and there is just one word that i think of for this tactic: UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE!!!

this tactic kinda make sense now,but it's truly CRAZY!!! this is the work of a genius!!!

somebody please clear me up how it works 'cause from what i saw,it seems that the tactic is about giving up the possession,recovering it and ATTACK LIKE ****!!!

My Analisys against a 4-4-2 tactic:
View attachment 210461

In this first screen you can see the offense marking.The striker take care of both defenders,cause if the defenders don't have who to pass,just need one striker to take the ball from them.The wingers press both of the fullbacks.The AMCR take care of one mid and the MC of the other.The DM's and CB's make the strikers unavaileble for anything.
In this particular case,the ball is passed from the defender to the fullback,which is being pressed by the winger,soooo...
View attachment 210462

he passes the ball to the ML.What happens with the marking then? all the light-blue marked players stays upfront for the fatal counter-attack.They don't mark anymore.The defender are set for any through ball for the strikers.The dark-blue DM goes to mark the ML,and you can see that the purple player is going to be free,and that my red DM isn't marking anyone.soooo...
View attachment 210463

My red DM goes to mark the purple player,as the blue-one closedown the ML with the possession.If he pass through my blue player he'll meet my defender,and the DC will cover.So what he'll do?
View attachment 210464

He plays one-two.Now he's free again,right?
View attachment 210465

NO! My MC in yellow now comes for the place of the DM in blue,who is running to get John.The red defender can help my blue DM or cover the striker,depending on how the play is going to work.In otherwords,all players are marked,which leaves the opposition with only one option...

View attachment 210466

CROSS!!! 3 defenders against 2 attackers. Now,what could happen:
1.Most probably,like,70%,the defenders will cut the ball to outside the area.And look who is waiting for it: my MC,ALONE!!!!
2.Corner.That happens,like,20% of times.Eitherway,after the corner is another great counter-attack oportunity.
3.The goal,10%.

So,in 90% the opposition attacks i'll get deadly counter-attacks. *facepalm

Am i getting the tactic engine correctly? or am i just too excited?

can't wait to play the season!

Last edited:
Hi Pawn_pt,

how do you view your matches? commentary only, Full match 2D etc?

many thanks
adam

lpceamara,

all of that from one intra squad friendly? of course you are going to trash them! lol!

the tactic itself seems very good for a 3 man defence :) good job

lpceamara,

all of that from one intra squad friendly? of course you are going to trash them! lol!

touche!
possibly a tad of over analysis.

Dear lipecamara,That's an amazing work you got there :) Finally someone is trying to make jokes with the tactic! :D I gave the motto, on the topic tittle: "probably the best tactic with 3DC, 6MID and 1Striker", cause its the only one like that :DMore seriously, although its only an intra squad match, that's what happens in most games, that's how the tactic works. It provides a red carpet for the wingers to come to the flank and Cross, just waiting to recover the ball and set venomous counter-attacks! Its like playing with the fire, and sometimes our team will be burned by the fire, but most of the times, it will work pretty fine!As I mentioned before, its a solid block of 6 players defending (3 defenders + 3 midfielders), and then, 4 players anxiously waiting for the ball to be recovered! When the counter-attack is launched, many times there are 7 players moving forward (the 4 upfront plus the 3 midfielders), and only 5 "defenders" are able to recover in time, to mark them, so the chances to score increase considerably, they just get lost about who to mark and who to let free... and, in panic, they concede owngoals! :DThx for the analysis mate! It might not be that good, but its fun and at least, different! :)
Hi Pawn_pt,how do you view your matches? commentary only, Full match 2D etc?many thanksadam
I always see the match in 3D, mostly the shortest highlights (don't know the name in english :p), and when testing tactics, I pick the complete highlights or even full match, if I am looking for something specific!Cheers,

the wingers are used to cross or going inside?

Last edited:
haha,thanks ****! sometimes i feel this forum became too serious,it's nice to laugh a bit :D
that's exacly what i saw in this tactic,and that's why i think this is a work of a genius! generally,players try to emulate some amazing teams and style of football from great RL teams,but this tactic i never saw/read anything like!

the wingers are used to center or going inside?
I am not sure if I understood your question, but I'll try to answer anyway :pIf the attack is made in a slow pace, wingers will mainly try to go to the line and cross... On the other hand, if the wingers are participating in a counterattack, they will mostly show up inside the area, and may try to finish! From my records, Last season I've scored 3,5 goals per game, and PL and MAC had 1 goal per match, while wingers had around half of that!
haha,thanks ****! sometimes i feel this forum became too serious,it's nice to laugh a bit :D that's exacly what i saw in this tactic,and that's why i think this is a work of a genius! generally,players try to emulate some amazing teams and style of football from great RL teams,but this tactic i never saw/read anything like!
I thank you for your effort :) The genius part is for MisterVodu, he is the genius! I just took his 442 tactic (with his permission) and made a 361, because the 361 is my thing (as from Cm 2001)! Made a few changes, ofc, gave it a personal touch :D and launched it here, after a few seasons of testing... not many, though, need some extra feedback, opinions, reviews, that kind of stuff.Take care,

'Ello ****, using this with Athletico Madrid (only for away matches, i'm using Raikan's posession tactic at home). Played 2 matches so far, 7-3 against Granada (yea i know, mad right) and 2-0 vs Espanyol, looks very good so far honestly, thanks a lot!

Does this work on 12.1 version?

I've just read through all the 12.1 patch fixes list, and didnt saw any change to the game engine, so it should still work!

'Ello ****, using this with Athletico Madrid (only for away matches, i'm using Raikan's posession tactic at home). Played 2 matches so far, 7-3 against Granada (yea i know, mad right) and 2-0 vs Espanyol, looks very good so far honestly, thanks a lot!

Thanks CraigWL! I love crazy results! :p Hope you keep it for like 10 or more games, and then let me know how did it go. Cheers,

ima give it a try with west brom in online game, i'll give you feedback.

Little question, did you try to put wingers on their worse foot ? (I mean, left-footed winger on the right side and reverse)

lpceamara,

it's not really about the result,it's about the way the team play.it's obvious that i would trash in the friendly,but i was impressed by how the team play,cause i never saw anything like,and it really worked.

Last edited:
ima give it a try with west brom in online game, i'll give you feedback.

Little question, did you try to put wingers on their worse foot ? (I mean, left-footed winger on the right side and reverse)

Oh no, usually not, I prefer them to be able to make better crosses than to go inside and shoot!

P.S.: And let me know how did it go with your West Brom :p Thx!

Last edited: