Pawn361v.Vodu - Probably the best tactic with 3 DC, 6 Midfielders and 1 Striker! :p

Well, that's not my 361 anymore :p Its a common 451, and my idea was to do something with 3 defenders, that would be different from common tactics, but still viable! :)

Ya i know :) just suggesting things, the basic setup (tactic's) are great. Just have you tried a complete season with it? After like 4 games in england (each 3-4days a game) my team is at 85-90% fitness before a match :p

Ya i know :) just suggesting things, the basic setup (tactic's) are great. Just have you tried a complete season with it? After like 4 games in england (each 3-4days a game) my team is at 85-90% fitness before a match :p
I had! I am used to give rest to players, a few times, during the season, and always try to have a squad with full of options to every position, in order to rotate the players.For example on my Lurgan Celtic Squad: http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/5151/analiseplantel.jpg I had 4 main D (C), and a few other players that could play as D (C). 5 MDC (although only 2 can play at the same time), and at least 2 players per each position, for every position. My best player (Vukman), was exhausted by the end of the Season! The only player that made almost all the matches was Mackintosh, with 62 games played! Northern Ireland might be the most difficult league to manage player's tiredness, I have had some extreme situations, like having to play 2 games in 2 days in row, and playing 5 games in 8 days!

Last edited:
Tem brasileiros por aqui também! Vou testar essa tactica!
Portugueses tem! :p Depois diz como correu, se puderes partilha imagens dessa experiência! Abraço,(Marcel_shel said: "There are brazilian ppl here too! I am gonna try that tactic!" I've answered: Portuguese it has!:p Tell me how did it go, and if possible, share some images with us!)

this seems to be a great tactic
very offensive

this seems to be a great tacticvery offensive
Its quite offensive :p
1zd0rqr.jpg

Hi ****, this one is a marvelous tactic! I'm in love with it, the team play a very attractive and aggressive football, so much beautiful that it became addicting!

But it wears the players too much! The DMs in particular, but also the CM (a bit less the AMs), won't last more than 70 minutes before getting tired. It's very annoying because I know I have to substitute them in every match and this prevents me from substituting other players that are underperforming.
It's a classic tactic so I can't even use the "take a breather" shout when winning by 2 or more goals. Do you know what is it that wears the player so much? Is it the high closing down? The counterattack? Or it's the simple fact that the players have to run like crazy trying to cover for the missing FBs?
What can I do to not wear the players so much when leading big?
Thanks for the marvelous tactic!

Hi ****, this one is a marvelous tactic! I'm in love with it, the team play a very attractive and aggressive football, so much beautiful that it became addicting!

But it wears the players too much! The DMs in particular, but also the CM (a bit less the AMs), won't last more than 70 minutes before getting tired. It's very annoying because I know I have to substitute them in every match and this prevents me from substituting other players that are underperforming.
It's a classic tactic so I can't even use the "take a breather" shout when winning by 2 or more goals. Do you know what is it that wears the player so much? Is it the high closing down? The counterattack? Or it's the simple fact that the players have to run like crazy trying to cover for the missing FBs?
What can I do to not wear the players so much when leading big?
Thanks for the marvelous tactic!

Hi Darc,

You're very welcome, and I can perfectly understand your feelings about the tactic! :D I have so much fun using it!!! :)

But.... Indeed, you are not the 1st to talk about player's tiredness. Well, starting by the last question, the easier way is to change Tactic! LoL :) Problem solved :p

In order to keep using this tactic, maybe if you remove Counter-Attack when leading big, because I think they run the most doing those "crazy run like **** counter-attacks", where all but the defenders show up near the opponent's area! Not having a FB makes one of your midfielders to go there, trying to make some pressure on the winger, and that might also tire them a bit... :p

I am trying to tweak it a little bit, and for example, in offensive corners, instead of sending one of DM's to the front, I am currently sending the MC forward, and changed the 2nd DM (the 1st was already there) to stay back (trying to not tire them so much), so that DM's dont have to go near the area, and the MC doesn't have to run back on every corner...

Thanks for your feedback, and I am looking forward to see the biggest scoring game you had with this tactic! ;)

Cheers,

Lurgan Celtic, from Northern Ireland, a team that turned professional 4 seasons before this match, with a Players with a total value of 20 Million Euros, playing away...

vs

Barcelona, with Messi, Fabregas, and others, with a team full of stars, and Players with a total value of 748 Million Euros, a value 37 times bigger than Lurgan Celtic!!!

barca748mvslurgan20m.jpg

OMG!! (well, this just shows that FM 2012 is a LOT easier than FM 2011...)

Lack of fullbacks isnt the cause. I think it's because all midfielders have to run like **** to counter attack (basicly every time u get the ball its because of the defenders heading it forwards quickly, causes ur midfielders to run forward asap. Wearing them down FAST. Using this tactic in a english league will need you to get at least 22 good players to rotate :p

Lack of fullbacks isnt the cause. I think it's because all midfielders have to run like **** to counter attack (basicly every time u get the ball its because of the defenders heading it forwards quickly, causes ur midfielders to run forward asap. Wearing them down FAST. Using this tactic in a english league will need you to get at least 22 good players to rotate :p
The problem is that without fullbacks, I am mostly recovering ball at defense, through defenders heading, as you mentioned, while if I had 4 defenders, they wouldnt cross that much and I would recover the ball a little bit forward, maybe on DMC area, instead of Goalkeepers's Area!Nevertheless, as this is meant to be a 3 central defenders tactic, yeah, I will need a consistent squad to play in a english league! As I said before, Northern Ireland league is the worse, in terms of matches played, they have 38 matches, 4 cups, plus european matches, and the NI league has to end by late April!!It's crazy! :D So, at least for the DMC and MC, I gotta have at least 2 players per position (got 5 DMC's actually! :p)

Hey ****, I've been messing around with LLM and I plugged in your tactic just cause it seemed interesting.

The result was Northampton 7 - 2 Port Vale

I started unemployed and my team is sitting dead bottom and port vale were second. (I suspect not for long now)

I think you may have something here.

Edit:

After a couple of games I'm getting into a good rhytm 4-2, 2-0, 7-0, 6-0, 4-1

But I gotta ask what's with all the red cards? I have 4 red cards in 6 games and that's on different teams as well. My discipline was great until that point. Need to check individual instructions.

Last edited:
Hey ****, I've been messing around with LLM and I plugged in your tactic just cause it seemed interesting.The result was Northampton 7 - 2 Port ValeI started unemployed and my team is sitting dead bottom and port vale were second. (I suspect not for long now)I think you may have something here.Edit:After a couple of games I'm getting into a good rhytm 4-2, 2-0, 7-0, 6-0, 4-1But I gotta ask what's with all the red cards? I have 4 red cards in 6 games and that's on different teams as well. My discipline was great until that point. Need to check individual instructions.
Mate, its your team! :p Look at my last 3 seasons:
statsequipa.jpg
statsequipa.jpg
statsequipa.jpg
Subtittles: Jogos Disputados = Games Played /// Golos Marcados = Goals Scored /// Golos Sofridos = Goals Against /// Cartões Amarelos = Yellow Cards /// Cartões Vermelhos = Red Cards /// Or maybe don't let your assistant give IO's! Just go without any, it's surely better than having redcards every couple games :DSo you are enjoying the tactic for LLM, hmm? :) It's going well, it seems!Cheers,

Last edited:
cheat corners?
I score a nice amount of goals from corners, but I don't know if you can call it Cheat. Last full season played with this tactic my main DC score 20 goals in 62 games (0,3 goals per game). And my team scored a total of 233 goals (its about 3,4 goals per game). Is it cheating? /// The only Cheat I use is: Counterattacking **** Even Against Top-teams :p

Can anyone give me feedback on the use of this tactic with Patch 12.1.1 ? I am afraid they screwed this tactic! Some feedback would be very appreciated! Thanks!

vou experimentá-la amigo, mas como já vou em novembro da 2ª época pelo chelsea, vou adoptando as tacticas aos poucos, mais tarde mostro-te screens

abraço :)

Yeh on patch 12.1.1 I've noticed the tactic is nowhere near as good as it was pre-patch. Considering I beat the majority of strong sides with this tactic (changing nothing) whereas in my last game as Arsenal against Wolves I managed to draw 0-0 although I was absolutely battered, only first season and the tactic was fluid in all departments, I think I had 1 shot on target while Wolves (second bottom) managed 4 or 5 ccc's with at least 10 half chances. An unfair reflection of the tactic in my opinion as like I say, before the patch I was thrashing teams for fun; no matter who I was or who I was against.