PC Help

• Thread starter Thread starter DozzerLad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 7K
Thanks! I don't mean to be rude and please don't take it like I am but, do you know about computers like TheHig does because you said 'perhaps' inferring you were guessing. (Please don't take offence, its just its a lot of money and I want to get the best for my money)

I more mean perhaps as is this the kinda of thing you are after perhaps.

When it comes to PCs I am a real snob (having spent over £2k on mine >.>) so I find it a little hard with just a budget of £600 :P

Last edited:
I'd go with this - it's tidy looking machine and easily upgradable further down the line i3 - GTX760 4Gb - 8gb 2133Mhz - 256Gb SSD

Recommended next upgrade for a solid 1080p gaming machine
---UPGRADE CPU TO i7 4790K---£279 UPGRADE SO THEY LATER DOWN THE LINE---

If you are planning on playing FM more than other games, I would perhaps go for the i5 (or even i7) to start off with, and get a cheaper graphics card and upgrade that later as you dont need an good graphics card for FM. All about the CPU for FM.

Depends on what other games you are wanting to play though.

If you are planning on playing FM more than other games, I would perhaps go for the i5 (or even i7) to start off with, and get a cheaper graphics card and upgrade that later as you dont need an good graphics card for FM. All about the CPU for FM.

Agreed, depends what other style of game you are looking to play...

How much would i7 and a good graphics card cost along with all other components?

a lot, and its a bit over kill, the i5 builds for around 500 are more than fine, you wound get every league but your gona spend much more if you go for an i5 and a top gfx card. I have an i5 in my laptop with 8gb ram and it flies.

a lot, and its a bit over kill, the i5 builds for around 500 are more than fine, you wound get every league but your gona spend much more if you go for an i5 and a top gfx card. I have an i5 in my laptop with 8gb ram and it flies.

1. But would I need a i7 if I was to play other games?
2. Do I need a good graphics card to play other games such as fps?
3. Is there any that have both for £650?

You could manage without a DVD-ROM, and using the stock CPU cooler. Just in case you really wanna save where possible.

You would need an aftermarket cooler for AMD system, the chips can run hot when processing on Football Manager, any hyper cooler master is good normally about £20-£30, the hyper cooler master 212 is very good.
You don't need a DVD ROM, windows can be installed via usb if need be.

Here is an i7 machine that will play FM perfectly and can cope with everyday requirements and gaming, simultaneously too... This is an awesome little monster and looks sleek too.

Intel Core i7-4790K, Silverstone SG06BB-LITE - Perfect for FM Domination - kino4mcfc's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker United Kingdom
(even added the custom part you need to buy in addition to all the parts listed

Does the power supply need to be so expensive?
Can I get a full size case or not?

Back