PC Help

• Thread starter Thread starter DozzerLad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 7K
Does the power supply need to be so expensive?
Can I get a full size case or not?
The power supply doesn't need to be expensive but it means you get gold graded (better performance and quieter cooling) with modular cables meaning the case is less cluttered inside, you can go for a full size case if you wanted affect the price too much but not essential, depends what you're wanting really.
smaller looks sleeker and restricts only adding another HDD, and potentially more RAM and a bigger sized GPU but you still have space for another RAM card and a decent small GPU that can perform just as well as any larger model and the case fits anywhere and the pro's for a larger case would allow for more HDD's in the future (if your after more storage space) or for a larger GPU in the future meaning you have more to pick from (doesn't mean improved quality though) ---- So it's down to personal preference of what you want... describe what your after in detail and I can recommend a build for you...

I would like a i7 processor with a good graphics card, along with a full size sleek looking case. But mainly due to me knowing nothing about PC's I want the best possible for my £600 budget!

Does the power supply need to be so expensive?
Can I get a full size case or not?

could save and get the Corsair CS450M its a great PSU and alot cheaper than the Silverstone, its is only semi modular but I cant see you going wrong with it... however I didnt read it all and noticed its not the right FF... lol... my bad

The power supply doesn't need to be expensive but it means you get gold graded (better performance and quieter cooling) with modular cables meaning the case is less cluttered inside, you can go for a full size case if you wanted affect the price too much but not essential, depends what you're wanting really.
smaller looks sleeker and restricts only adding another HDD, and potentially more RAM and a bigger sized GPU but you still have space for another RAM card and a decent small GPU that can perform just as well as any larger model and the case fits anywhere and the pro's for a larger case would allow for more HDD's in the future (if your after more storage space) or for a larger GPU in the future meaning you have more to pick from (doesn't mean improved quality though) ---- So it's down to personal preference of what you want... describe what your after in detail and I can recommend a build for you...

I would like a i7 processor with a good graphics card, along with a full size sleek looking case. But mainly due to me knowing nothing about PC's I want the best possible for my £600 budget!

Intel Core i7-4790, EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, NZXT Phantom 240 - Full-Size FM Fan - kino4mcfc's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

That's the cheapest i can do for the requirements, it's a good machine but if you need to stick to the budget of £600, then I would suggest either to...
A:- Drop the Graphics for now any buy one later on, and upgrade the CPU to a Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor £600 Total
B:- Downgrade the CPU to an Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (still good but not going to give as good a performance as the i7's selected in every other option for the newer games with high CPU demand eg. WatchDogs [FM is not considered high demanding more like medium in comparasion]) £570 Total

Ok thanks for the help everyone, I will see where I am budget wise after Christmas and let you know about what I went with! Thank you so much I really didn't expect such a helpful response. @bornexplorer88 @TheHig @RichTUK @iamauser @epicterrorist @mersk @Brendn @ICYUNVME @Tracz

From a GPU perspective, look at a GTX 750 Ti - it's architecture is Maxwell (the latest from NVidia)

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForce-Graphics-GDDR5-PCI-Express/dp/B00ICUGOP0

It's a beast for the price. As for ram I recommend 8GB, CPU I recommend at least an i3-3220. I wouldn't recommend any AMD at this point, the AM3+ Socket is ageing and there is no indication that AMD are going to update their FX-series with new architecture.

From a GPU perspective, look at a GTX 750 Ti - it's architecture is Maxwell (the latest from NVidia)

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForce-Graphics-GDDR5-PCI-Express/dp/B00ICUGOP0

It's a beast for the price. As for ram I recommend 8GB, CPU I recommend at least an i3-3220. I wouldn't recommend any AMD at this point, the AM3+ Socket is ageing and there is no indication that AMD are going to update their FX-series with new architecture.

If you play mostly football manager, the FX chips are great. They process fixtures fast and multitask really well. Also its going to be years before CPU's like the 8350, 9590 become underpowered for modern games.
If the AMD FX 8350 or higher is cheaper than its intel counterpart its certainly worth some thought.

Your thoughts?
I'd consider going for the Gigabyte edition - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr927xoc2gd - of the R9, mainly for aesthetic purposes, other than that think you've taken alot we've mentioned on board and I think you will be very happy with the build for all types of gaming. and the build has room for improvements further down the line eg. another stick of ram, cpu cooler (for overclocking), and you can double up on your graphics card for better graphics (if you do plan on doing this I would recommend a higher-wattage PSU)

I'd consider going for the Gigabyte edition - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr927xoc2gd - of the R9, mainly for aesthetic purposes, other than that think you've taken alot we've mentioned on board and I think you will be very happy with the build for all types of gaming. and the build has room for improvements further down the line eg. another stick of ram, cpu cooler (for overclocking), and you can double up on your graphics card for better graphics (if you do plan on doing this I would recommend a higher-wattage PSU)

Is that graphics card worth the extra £10?

Can I get a better PSU in the future or does it have to be originally good?

Is that graphics card worth the extra £10?

the card is similar to the current R9 you have picked but the only difference is that the gigabyte model has an extra fan which is beneficial

Can I get a better PSU in the future or does it have to be originally good?
You can upgrade this later without any issues but it is dependent upon the space inside your case, regardless it still shouldn't be too strenuous further down the line

First of all I am very sorry to bring this back up and I hope you all had a good christmas!

But I don't want to blow all my budget on a PC, this is what I have currently:

Intel Core i5-4670K, MSI Radeon R9 270X, NZXT Phantom 240 - My Custom Build - LDorrian's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

Basically I want to keep the Processor, Graphics and OS the same but is there anywhere else I can make it cheaper without it making a really difference or just make it cheaper.

Thank You in advance!

Back