PC Help

• Thread starter Thread starter DozzerLad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 7K
First of all I am very sorry to bring this back up and I hope you all had a good christmas!

But I don't want to blow all my budget on a PC, this is what I have currently:

Intel Core i5-4670K, MSI Radeon R9 270X, NZXT Phantom 240 - My Custom Build - LDorrian's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

Basically I want to keep the Processor, Graphics and OS the same but is there anywhere else I can make it cheaper without it making a really difference or just make it cheaper.

Thank You in advance!

There isn't much you can do to get the price down much further as the main items you want to keep are the expensive parts.

You could pick a cheaper case, psu or ram but to be honest you'd probably only save around £10 on each and isn't really worth worrying about.

Side note - I would look at the hard drive you have chosen and maybe think about getting atleast a 7200rpm HDD or upgrade to a hybrid HDD, as the pc will be quite powerful, compared to your previous but at this rate the 5400 HDD will be a seriously bottleneck!

7200 RPM HDD

Hybrid HDD (preferred)

Sorry to hijack the thread, but can anybody outline what difference a good graphics card will make to the game? I am a strategy gamer at heart and so I have never bothered even investing in a graphics card before, I still use on-board graphics and it tends to work fine for the games I like. I assume the only difference will be when actually watching the games?

The i5 is the better processor.

Its been two weeks, do you have your PC yet ?

Yeah I do and I got the G3258 processor, but I will upgrade that first. I am really happy, I built it myself and it is working well, thanks!

I don't have the link to the build but it cost about £450 in total and so far has performed really well! I haven't tried any of the 'big' games out on it so far but it's good at the moment.

Back