Pepe Reina 'considers Liverpool future

Any direct quotes from Reina? Wouldn't believe he'd leave, signed a long-term contract recently and said he wants his kids to be Liverpulians and learn 'scouse'. Can't see him leaving.

He'd never go to United.

what a wierdo

Best keeper in the premiership imo, considering the awful defence in front of him (no offense pool fans). Hope he doesnt go somewhere like barca or madrid and rot on the bench, far too good for that.

Pepe Reina > Valdés

lol even if fergie did bid for him and get the offer accepted, reina would NEVER agree to go to man utd, not even if he was offered a million £ a week.

wont leave trust me

If he does go, it will not be to United, put it that way.

Nope, Valdes is the most under rated keeper in the world. Doesnt matter the defence he has in front of him. He should get much more credit.

Not saying that Valdés is ****, but Reina is purely better . For some reason Diego López was Spain's n3 mate, not him ..

I seriously don't believe people actually say Reina is better than Valdés...

Reina is not bad, but regarding Spanish keepers Valdés is second only to Casillas. ****, if you push me I'll tell you in my opinion De Gea is next in line after Valdés, Reina would be a lucky fourth.

Reina is not bad, but regarding Spanish keepers Valdés is second only to Casillas. ****, if you push me I'll tell you in my opinion De Gea is next in line after Valdés, Reina would be a lucky fourth.

No doubt that De Gea will be Spain's number 1 in a couple a years, but at the moment, Reina is better, everybody knows that !

We will never sign any player directly from Liverpool and i dont think Reina will leave. He looks very genuine guy and stayed loyal. Yes even Torres spoke so much **** like this, but he always gave hint that he would leave one day.

I always feel Reina is someone who is very loyal and wont move to some other English team.

Problem with Liverpool is it was Rafa who brought all the Spanish players to Liverpool, and with him not Manager anymore it is bit hard to hold on to foreign talent that too when you are not challenging on all fronts.

p.s. Anyways i would like to see what Lindegaard can offer or Stekelenburg as our first choice. (Neuer is my firwst choice but it looks like we are showing any interest on him)

Rangers should buy him, and we'll give you McGregor ;)

i don't think he goes. From all reports he is much loved by his teammates - no question of his effort at training and on the park. And he seems a much more stout and prideful individual from most quotes I read. If he decides to go I think he'll feel he let himself and a lot of people down because he wasn't as succesful as he expected. I mean you don't come out and say you are hopeful of breaking into the top 6 or 7 if you didn't believe in the players, staff and organization. As well as making it a point to win Europa league this year. You don't set goals like that if you want to leave

Torres I think needed to leave - I think the weight of responsibility being arguablly the best player on the pitch for Liverpool for so long and unable to deliver more than he could give wore him down. I don't think he fact that there are few spaniards on the payroll matters at all to Pepe.

Last edited:
doubt he will leave, cant see any major club snapping him up except for AC Milan as:

Real Madrid have Casillass
Man United will probably never be able to match his value and SAF probably already has a replacement lined up for VDS
Arsenal are too tight wad to match his value despite them needing him the most
Chelsea have Cech
Barcelona have Valdez who is a top notch keeper
Inter Milan have Julio Cesar
Juventus have Buffon

LOL.

i think this is the report that came about from a load of journo's talking on twitter hypothetically about Reina leaving.

Reina, unlike Torres can see FSG's long term strategy and will stick around - future captain of Liverpool anyone?

1. Its a paper
2. Were up on the everyone can see that
3. We got owners who are providing us with funding now and backing the club
4. gotta manager who cares more for the club than most in the world

why would he go now ?

doubt he will leave, cant see any major club snapping him up except for AC Milan as:

Real Madrid have Casillass
Man United will probably never be able to match his value and SAF probably already has a replacement lined up for VDS
Arsenal are too tight wad to match his value despite them needing him the most
Chelsea have Cech
Barcelona have Valdez who is a top notch keeper
Inter Milan have Julio Cesar
Juventus have Buffon

We can but we wont. We have other targets and we dont do any transfers with Liverpool.

Be a shame because he is a top class goalkeeper, but is has seen other spaniards leave Benitez, Alsono, the Full back to Madrid (cant remember his name) and now Torres, But can never see Liverpool sell him to Man U NEVER

It's come from the Metro for starters, so Liverpool fans shouldn't worry to much. Although, it does all depend on where Liverpool finish I think, if they finish 4th then he'll stay.