Pepe Reina 'considers Liverpool future

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
The 28-year-old has seen a number of his team-mates leave Liverpool over the last few seasons, as well as the manager who brought him to the club – Rafa Benitez.

With the departure of fellow Spaniard Fernando Torres to Chelsea on the final day of the January transfer window, reports claim the keeper is now considering his options at Anfield.

There was speculation on Thursday, Reina has a buy-out clause within his current Liverpool contract which, if matched, could trigger his departure.

Reina has been linked with a move to Arsenal in the past and there is now speculation Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson could be contemplating a surprise bid for the 28-year-old in the summer as he searches for a long-term replacement for the retiring Edwin van der Sar.

Liverpool fans have taken to club forums and blogs this week to discuss the possible departure of Reina, with some pointing out that when he first joined the club there was a large group of Spanish players and back-room staff who have all, one by one, left leaving the goalkeeper as one of the only Spaniards remaining.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...rpool-future-as-manchester-united-prepare-bid

Thoughts?

Us Liverpool fans have always thought he was the loyal sort, but we also thought that about Torres, if he does leave (I personally don't think he will) where will he go?

Yay, a top-notch, proven goalkeeper! Arsene, quick, get him before anybo-

Oh yeah, right.

Be a shame if he did leave the Kop. He's a class goalie. Couldn't see him going to a rival club though. But to be honest, there's so many rumours about so many players, so more than likely just hearsay

Dont know how reliable the Metro is but it wouldnt suprise me if he did leave.

Any direct quotes from Reina? Wouldn't believe he'd leave, signed a long-term contract recently and said he wants his kids to be Liverpulians and learn 'scouse'. Can't see him leaving.

Doubt he will move,but i would like him at OT

He'd never go to United.

I doubt SAF would bid for Reina, tbh. May be wrong, of course, but in my opinion it's only rumours.

he should leave, and SAF should snap him up

Why? So he can go from hero at 'Pool to being hated in seconds?

He's said before he wants to stay, as Ben has said. He wont leave.

like torres said he would never leave pool the. loyalty in modern football is nothing.

Not so sure to be honest but ones things for sure he will be missed more than Torres. It will be like Alonso. Major part of how we play.

like torres said he would never leave pool the. loyalty in modern football is nothing.

Regardless of that, I dont think he will go. If he was that bothered by the Spaniards leaving him behind, he'd have gone by now.

If he was to go, more than likely La Liga or something imo

Regardless of that, I dont think he will go. If he was that bothered by the Spaniards leaving him behind, he'd have gone by now.

We got the new generation. Suso an Pacheco anyway haha.

If he stays till the next World Cup I pledge that us Liverpool fans should get together an give Casillas a little injury to rule him out ;)

Are you thinking Barcelona ?

Maaaayyybeee.......maybe not lol.
Seriously though, don't see why not. Obviously I don't see every Liverpool game, but from highlights I've seen, he's made some fantastic saves.

Best keeper in the premiership imo, considering the awful defence in front of him (no offense pool fans). Hope he doesnt go somewhere like barca or madrid and rot on the bench, far too good for that.