Peterborough win in close game
Posh deserve win --- Peterborough had a goal disallowed --- Replays showed it should have stood

View attachment 53948

A good Rochdale side forced Peterborough to be at their best to beat them. After they hit the bar, Posh woke up and had a goal badly disallowed and scored another that stood. This is the last pre-season game and the real chalenge is only a week away, when they take on Derby at Pride Park.

Posh hold Derby to a draw
Peterborough looked superior at all times --- They missed a great chance to win

View attachment 53995

I am yet to play at home, and I haven't lost a game. This gives me two feelings:
1- We are a strong side who let in few goals.
2- I am worried because this tactic may prove to be effective away, but not at home.
In this game Peterborough pretty much dominated, and Roby will be slightly disappointed that they were not capable of winning. They have some very clear chances, but luck was not on their side. However, this is not a bad result for The Posh, as everyone expected them to lose.

Walsall next
Peterborough will again go away, this time in the League Cup against Walsall. Manager Roby William will look to play the subs to reserve the first choices for the news.

Peterborough loan King
Peterborough have loaned Man. Utd's striker, Joshua King. The loan will last 11 months, and it is rumoured that he might be in the starting eleven against Walsall

View attachment 53996

Great win for Peterborough
Posh showed great courage --- They were 1-1 with ten men and missing clear chances

View attachment 53998

What was thought to be a calm match turned out to be the most exciting this season. It all started before the game, when new boy Joshua King was called up for Youth Norway. That meant that McLean had to play, and in this game he missed everything missable. It started ok for Peterborough, they were comfortably leading, but Walsall scoring and our full back's sending off made it much more difficult than expected. However, we were able to overcome the pressure and a good performance saw us advance in the league cup.

Superb Peterborough put 3 past Sheff.Wed
Craig Mackail-Smith was the centre of attention --- He got a hat-trick, but missed a penalty

View attachment 54103

No one will be happier than the Posh fans as they made their way back home, no less than 11000 were expected to turn up. Peterborough dominated from the start to the finish, and Sheff.Wed didn't look like scoring a goal at any moment. Surprisingly, at half time the score was 0-0, having Peterborough hit the bar twice and hit the post once. In the second half their luck changed. Craig Mackail-Smith was the hero in an exciting second half for Peterborough. He had a golden chance to score a hat-trick when he had scored 2 goals, but missed from the spot. However, a clumsy challenge by a Sheffield defender gave him another chance to score from the spot. And he did not miss.

Swansea in the League Cup
Peterborough have drawn Swansea in the League Cup at home. The draw wasn't a bad one for them and gives them chances to qualify for the next round.

Freeman, on the buy list
Peterborough are looking to buy Arsenal youngster Luke Freeman for 450k. Boss Roby William says he won't be getting him on loan, as his current ability is not any better than the current strikers, position in which Freeman plays. He will only consider a permanent move with no additional clauses, as he considers him to be 'a great prospect for the future'.

Posh win again
Craig Mackail-Smith, after missing several clear chances, hit the back of the net --- Posh haven't lost all season

View attachment 54104

Craig Mackail-Smith is a hard case for boss Roby William. Before he hit the back of the net, he had missed about 4 one-on-ones. Posh's manager is even now thinking about it, but the most probable conclusion is that striker Craig will be in the starting eleven next week.
The game was a very disputed one, both teams had a number of chances, although Peterborough looked like they were going to make something happen more than West Brom.
And they did. In the 79th minute, Craig Mackail-Smith netted a one-on-one. If he had not scored that, he most probably not be in the starting 11 next week.

Wow :O amazing results, your are a tactical genius. By how much are you going to win your next match? ;)
Good luck mate, I love your stories :p

Posh finallly lose
A very poor Posh side lost for the first time in the season --- Preston deserve their win

View attachment 54120

Peterborough lost their first game of the season, and they deserved it. Posh didn't threaten the opposition's goal untill th 70th minute, a very poor statistic that Roby will be looking to correct. Despite losing, Peterborough have had a strong start to the season, being in 7th place, when they are predicted to finish 23rd.

Sky Sports weekly new feature:
Sky Sports will have a new feature weekly, which will include screenshots of games all around England in which teams score more than five goals. There will be a table to see who wins a Sky Sports prize at the end of the season.
Three scorelines drawed Sky Sports attention
Leicester hammered Barnsley 6-1 and Middlesbrough trashed Docaster 6-2,while Shrewsbury's U18s demolished Hereford U18 by a resounding 6-0.

View attachment 54124

View attachment 54125

View attachment 54126

Table:
Leicester: 1 pt.
Middlesbrough: 1pt.
Shrewsbury's U18: 1pt.

Wow :O amazing results, your are a tactical genius. By how much are you going to win your next match? ;)
Good luck mate, I love your stories :p
Thans m8, I won by -1 :)
Always got to get something positive from a loss, even if it is not there!

Unlucky, I'm sure you'll bounce back, loved your San Marino/Netherlands Antilles stories and love the layout. By the way, if you sell Boyd get Simeon Jackson in as a replacement for 900k ;)

Unlucky, I'm sure you'll bounce back, loved your San Marino/Netherlands Antilles stories and love the layout. By the way, if you sell Boyd get Simeon Jackson in as a replacement for 900k ;)
Ok just visited his profile. i am gonna make an offer for him.
Thanks for the feedback and comments
Edit: I scouted him and scout told me fairly good signing.And I've got 5 strikers at the moment so don't need him yet, perhaps in future.

Last edited:
Ok, I mean on FM09 McLean and Mackail-Smith were beasts but that was in League 1 :S

Oh well, good luck, I'll be following ;) Good signings as well btw :p

Peterborough return to victory
A much superior Posh side denied Swansea --- Joshua King scored his first goal for Posh

View attachment 54129

Peterborough returned to victory this afternoon after beating Swansea 1-0 in the League Cup. The game was never in much doubt, and Peterborough got the win that they wanted thanks to a superb goal by King, who skipped past 3 opponents before placing the shot into the top corner.

2 results stand out
Stoke beat Leicester 6-1 in the league cup whilt Tottenham beat Tranmere 0-6.

View attachment 54131

View attachment 54130

Table:
Leicester ------------ 1pt.
Middlesbrough --- 1pt.
Shrewsbury U18s -1pt.
Stoke ---------------- 1pt.
Tottenham --------- 1pt.

League Cup Draw
Peterborough have drawn the other welsh team, Cardiff, at home. Again not a bad draw and they should be able to qualify for the next round.

QPR beat Torquay 6-1
Therefore, they enter the table:
1st: Leicester --------------- 1 pt
2nd: Middlesbrough------- 1pt
3rd: QPR:--------------------- 1pt
4th: Shrewsbury's U18 --- 1pt
5th: Stoke-------------------- 1pt
6th:Tottenham ------------- 1pt

Posh not able to win
Posh turned around a 0-1 but then let Palace equalise --- Again Morgan's error did it

View attachment 54157

Peterborough's boss came out of London road looking disappointed, because his side were ucapable of winning against bottom of table, C.Palace. He said in Press Conference that his side had come back from losing very well, but he was frustrated about one error deciding the game. Morgan had already made an error just like this one in Posh's defeat against Preston, and Roby William told the press he was not happy with this and that Morgan would not be in the starting eleven against QPR.

No results stand out so the 'Big Score' table is the same as in the last post.

Unlucky Posh only get draw
One defensive mistake denies Peterborough from winning --- King scored again and got injured

View attachment 54259

Peterborough were unlucky once again at Loftus Road. The Posh made a crucial defensive mistake which cost them 2 points. Joshua King scored again, early in the game, and he looks a good piece of business already. Freeman made his Peterborough debut, but was unable to score.

No team scored more than five, so table stands as in previous posts.

Good luck rrrrrrrrrr, always loved your stories :wub: and i will stick with following this one