Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Resource icon

Phoenix v3.0 by Magician - The 21.2 killer V5.0

Reaction score
I can't get the phoenix 5.0 to work. Currently in a save with Vitesse predicted 6th. Currently 4 points out of 7 matches..

Edit: Let me specificy: i'm not sure what type of players i should on each position. Tanane and Openda are my key players at Vitesse. But they almost have no fast wingers and i wasn't able to get them at the first window (wingers are rare lol).

Second question: what changes do you guys make if you play away games? I'm used to just playing around with mentality but that doesn't seem to work.

The problem is that I don't create anything. Just played Emmen, which is a club predicted to relegate. And had 1 shot at goal.They had zero so at least a point. All those great achievements I see over here are making me jealous. I'm gonna trie not to get fired and turn this thing around.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't get the phoenix 5.0 to work. Currently in a save with Vitesse predicted 6th. Currently 4 points out of 7 matches..

Edit: Let me specificy: i'm not sure what type of players i should on each position. Tanane and Openda are my key players at Vitesse. But they almost have no fast wingers and i wasn't able to get them at the first window (wingers are rare lol).

Second question: what changes do you guys make if you play away games? I'm used to just playing around with mentality but that doesn't seem to work.

The problem is that I don't create anything. Just played Emmen, which is a club predicted to relegate. And had 1 shot at goal.They had zero so at least a point. All those great achievements I see over here are making me jealous. I'm gonna trie not to get fired and turn this thing around.
Keep faith mate,this is the best tactic ever in my opinion,for sure for any tactic you need players to fit,when you decide to take a club you must have your plan,focus on the teams who have players with decent pace and acceleration,if not try to sell old players and bring youngsters,focus on MC positions and SS to have decent pace acc,and off the ball,and you will have success 100%

Reaction score

with Vitesse with Phoenix I came 2nd in my first season and won both the league and the cup in my second season. In my second season I also got to the CL final but that was a bit of a lucky streak ;-)

Give your team time to learn the tactic, make sure you also use another tactic to confuse the AI from time to time

put left and right footed winger on the correct wing, put best corner taker on corner duty and train your players individually for the positions in the tactic

Personally the shadow strikers are most important positions. After that I would say the defending midfielder

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score

I had the same issues with Az Alkmaar, the tactic worked well during UCL qualification rounds and group stage where i got the second spot in a group with Liverpool, Lazio and Dortmund but at the same time i had some poor results in Eredivisie such as losses against Willem II, Fortuna Sittard and Sparta Rotterdam

Reaction score
with Vitesse with Phoenix I came 2nd in my first season and won both the league and the cup in my second season. In my second season I also got to the CL final but that was a bit of a lucky streak ;-)

Give your team time to learn the tactic, make sure you also use another tactic to confuse the AI from time to time

put left and right footed winger on the correct wing, put best corner taker on corner duty and train your players individually for the positions in the tactic

Personally the shadow strikers are most important positions. After that I would say the defending midfielder
I dont agree,CM is the most important player,Magician also sad it 😉
Because in hard matches when your shadows have in front them players like Van Dayk or Gomez and they somehow mark your shadows then CM got to shine if you have fast and good player there,he brakes those games 😉

Reaction score
I dont agree,CM is the most important player,Magician also sad it 😉
Because in hard matches when your shadows have in front them players like Van Dayk or Gomez and they somehow mark your shadows then CM got to shine if you have fast and good player there,he brakes those games 😉
fair enough, I feel like my CM is always the worst performing player While me DM is doing insane stuff. But maybe that’s more FM and the ME than the tactic ;-)

Reaction score
fair enough, I feel like my CM is always the worst performing player While me DM is doing insane stuff. But maybe that’s more FM and the ME than the tactic ;-)
That means you didnt have good player there with certain atributes,from CM you need Driblling,first touch,passing,acceleration,vision,agility(those are atributes who makes him shine :)

Reaction score
I have already had problems before the last patch but now the situation has worsened further, I simply can't be dangerous, very few shots and chances especially agains smaller teams. Have you noticed something? I am playing with Az Alkmaar 1 season

Reaction score
I have already had problems before the last patch but now the situation has worsened further, I simply can't be dangerous, very few shots and chances especially agains smaller teams. Have you noticed something? I am playing with Az Alkmaar 1 season
you`re definitely doing something wrong. Considering that AZ`s roster is stronger and more expensive than my greek club...... but we just dont feel anyone on our way. We defeated the strongest opponents with great opportunities and defeated all the strongest clubs in Greece, especially Olympiakos with an incredibly strong squad and Paok!!!!!

wtf.png

gr.png

i still cant finish the season cuz of work but this weekend i think i will.

tb.png

Reaction score
@eeieu
Well, at the moment your approach seems working better than the original tactic at least for me.
You are doing wonders, especially in Euro League.
With cautious mentality, Don't you have issues in creating chances when you are facing lower teams?

Reaction score
@eeieu
Well, at the moment your approach seems working better than the original tactic at least for me.
I`ve loaded all routins from ZAZ Blue 3.0. Changed DLP from S > D and changed mentality from Positive > Cautious.

Reaction score
@eeieu
With cautious mentality, Don't you have issues in creating chances when you are facing lower teams?
We always score first. There were moments, especially in Lisbon, we conceded twice but each time we answered with a goal and in the end we won 2-3. No problem at all.

Reaction score
@eeieu
It seemed to me that this is the match that we will lose. Derby....but we just drove over them, 1 shot - 95 min.... No problem at all.
1618131562744.png