Pienaar chooses Spurs over Chelsea

Like a few people have mentioned, probably rotation

Where is he gonna fit when the already have VDV? I think Harry just bought him because he was cheap...but does he actually strenghten the team?

Does Pienaar want to be a backup?

Its got nothing to do with Pienaar being a backup, he can be rotated with any of the forward 3 midfielders and people like VDV cannot keep playing every game, He fades and becomes severely tired at 65min+, Redknapp needs him fresh. Pienaar can also put pressure on both Lennon and Bale + can be used in rotation with them

Pienaar wont be backup, but Redknapp turning spurs into an actual top side, where squad rotations and Large squads of quality players are needed

If missing out on Pienaar means that we will get Sanchez, then I'd much prefer that. However at this point, it doesn't look like we're close to signing anyone.

If we get Sanchez and David Luiz by the 31st then I'll be extremely happy.

Surely Kranjkar will be leaving now, it's just a case of Jan or summer. Wasted talent to be sat on the bench, but this will allow Spurs to rotate when players like Bale, Van Der Vaart and Lennon begin to tire in the latter stages of the season

Have to feel extremely sorry for Moyes. He is one of the best manager in building the team and getting best out of this players. Now he has worked with almost no funds and lost his key player for dirt cheap. With that amount he cant even buy championship player. I like Everton for their team game and passion, so bit disappointed with this.

i'm not sure chelsea went all out for pienaar really.. I think they just thought that while he was available they should give it a go. we don't really need him, I'm not sure how much better he would make our team. We can attract far better players..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/9362164.stm

Feels like the tide is turning in London, I'm sure any player would have chosen Chelsea over Spurs 2 years agoXD

More woes for Chelsea

Have to admit, I think Chelsea are losing it. Few years ago, would've picked Chelsea, but now.... And he had a clear choice between the two. Ancelloti must be thinking "I'm a great manager-if I can't get attract somebody like Piennar here, then why the **** am i here?". Wouldn't write Chelsea out of anything just yet, but I suspect there is something amiss.

How is the tide turining??? Chelsea wouldnt match his 75k a week demands and Ancelotti even come out and said last week he didn't want Pienaar. Also i heard if Chelsea didn't get Pienaar we would try and get Kranjcar from Spurs.

I'd much rather see Gio Dos Santos given a chance!

Dont get why Harry is looking for a midfielder unless he is planning a clear out in the summer of the likes of jenas,huddleston,kranjcar

Have to feel extremely sorry for Moyes. He is one of the best manager in building the team and getting best out of this players. Now he has worked with almost no funds and lost his key player for dirt cheap. With that amount he cant even buy championship player. I like Everton for their team game and passion, so bit disappointed with this.

he'll be bald from tearing his hair out in frustration with having no cash to get players in i suspect

Dont get why Harry is looking for a midfielder unless he is planning a clear out in the summer of the likes of jenas,huddleston,kranjcar

Huddlestone wont be leaving the Lane, but most likely being seeing the backs of Jenas and Kranjcar soon

I guess 40 is not only his shirt number, but the number of times he'll warm the bench next year.

Turned down the chance to be the highest paid player in Evertons history because he wanted Champions League football

Where is he gonna fit when the already have VDV? I think Harry just bought him because he was cheap...but does he actually strenghten the team?

Does Pienaar want to be a backup?

VDV has been injured how many times this season ?

Harry didn't sign him because he was 'cheap', he signed him because he is a very good creative player what can play in a wide variety of positions. Pienaar himself said he feels he will develop better at Spurs and i agree with him. Lennon has not been very good this year whereas Pienaar has. I think this is a very good deal for Spurs and this maybe trigger the sale of Bentley.

I read that it had nothing to do with Chelsea not having the same reputation, they offered 3 million pounds compared to Tottenham's 2 million and Pienaar chose Spurs because he thought he'd get more playing time there.

Everton could either take the 2million on him or let him walk in the summer. Besides he'd already asked to be left out of the squad for the last game, even if they kept him it wouldn't have been great to have a guy in the dressingroom that didn't want to be there.

VDV has been injured how many times this season ?

Harry didn't sign him because he was 'cheap', he signed him because he is a very good creative player what can play in a wide variety of positions. Pienaar himself said he feels he will develop better at Spurs and i agree with him. Lennon has not been very good this year whereas Pienaar has. I think this is a very good deal for Spurs and this maybe trigger the sale of Bentley.

I don't agree that Lennon hasen't been good this year. I think he has improved so much and this has arguably been his best season at Spurs.

he'll be bald from tearing his hair out in frustration with having no cash to get players in i suspect

Yeah. Any other manager would have left by this time. One of the best manager and very underrated.

I don't agree that Lennon hasen't been good this year. I think he has improved so much and this has arguably been his best season at Spurs.

Sorry, i don't agree i think last year was but his consistency has dropped this year (Thats what i meant in my earlier post, not he hasn't been good)

Sorry, i don't agree i think last year was but his consistency has dropped this year (Thats what i meant in my earlier post, not he hasn't been good)

I think his crossing has much improved and even his finishing. I just think Pienaar would have got more game time at Chelsea than Spurs.