Place for female officials?

Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Ok after the recent Sky controversy over female officials in football i would like to see our members views on this?
I personally agree with it as in this day and age there should be equality between men and women. The official in the Liverpool and Wolves game officiated well and was spot on by keeping the flag down and allowing Torres goal.

Anyways please discuss this topic and try not to be sexist with your remarks.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. As long as the official does the job well, doesn't matter if they are male or female.

considering that there are nearly 1000 female officials in the game, i couldnt give a toss either way, as long as they can do the job

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

As long as you teach them the offside rule, im cool.

More situations like this one please.
YouTube - Female Refree Groped
you keep bringing this up, you do realise she got it bang on in the game....

I have no problem with it at all, i'd rather see goal line technology though..

Ridiculous

Of course can officiate in 'mens' sports - Michaela Tabb is probably the best Snooker Referee around

It doesn't matter what ***, just if ur good enough to do the job - every single felmale official in football is far better than myself at officiating a football match

Should we just have male officials, even if they're not good enough, just to please the sexists? NO

I don't have a problem with it, But like in the thread about the comments, I still think they should be brought in in time. Not right away. Maybe in Championship, even the league cup. Just not straight away on live matches.

But that's just me.
Not sexist.

I don't have a problem with it, But like in the thread about the comments, I still think they should be brought in in time. Not right away. Maybe in Championship, even the league cup. Just not straight away on live matches.

But that's just me.
Not sexist.
you know that wasnt her first game right? shes been a linesman for two years, she also did the sunderland blackpool

you know that wasnt her first game right? shes been a linesman for two years
Linesperson :p

I have no problem with it what so ever. Like others have said, as long as they can do the job, why not.

Linesperson :p

I have no problem with it what so ever. Like others have said, as long as they can do the job, why not.
Linesperson, i stand corrected :p but if they can do the job who really cares?

Anybody would think that she'd had a bad game FFS - Legit goal, correct decision

Male officials are making mistakes.... MISTAKES in matches every week

I once had a rugby match officiated by a female ref, back in the U-17. Gotta say, strong refereeing all-round, except the offside rule. Honestly! She kept giving the opposition penalties because i charged the opposition scrum half as soon as he picked the ball from the ruck, when a learned person knows that the offside line ends when the ball is picked up from the ruck.

Anybody would think that she'd had a bad game FFS - Legit goal, correct decision

Male officials are making mistakes.... MISTAKES in matches every week
this is the bit i dont understand, its not like she had a bad game, infact she shad a very good game, and got a borderline one for the goal absolutely bang on, a decision that we've seen many linesmen get wrong this season

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

I once had a rugby match officiated by a female ref, back in the U-17. Gotta say, strong refereeing all-round, except the offside rule. Honestly! She kept giving the opposition penalties because i charged the opposition scrum half as soon as he picked the ball from the ruck, when a learned person knows that the offside line ends when the ball is picked up from the ruck.
what has that got to do with football?

No problem with it at all.

Any comments I make contrary to this are made in jest. ;)

These mistakes weren't made because of gender

I don't care as long as they're good refs. But the two or three I have had have all been horrible so they have not won any points from me. **** local league ****** refs :(

I don't care as long as they're good refs. But the two or three I have had have all been horrible so they have not won any points from me. **** local league ****** refs :(
yes but you only remember them for being ****** because they were female?
yet you probably pay less attention to the countless ****** male refs who have ****** you over

yes but you only remember them for being ****** because they were female?
yet you probably pay less attention to the countless ****** male refs who have ****** you over

Nah, I've had terrible male refs as well. Once they gave a penalty to the other team when they handballed it. We explained which teams were going which way, and he was like, ohh, still a penalty! IDC if they're male or female, if they're ****, get out of reffing!