Places you'd like to visit..

• Thread starter Thread starter Becky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 5K
yes but my original comment about the moon was serious, with a reason of why I would like to go there, along with other places I would to visit.
I'm not responsible for other peoples comments.

The thread says places you would like to go, the number one place I would go if and when its possible is the moon, its absolutely fascinating, so I don't believe I took the thread to a silly tone.

since space tourism exists now, how is The Moon a silly answer? i think the moderator needs to lighten up a little.

Last edited:
Theres not many places id like to visit that i havent been to already, except Tokyo and Vietnam/Cambodia.. I would like to go back to plenty of places though. Top of that list being Barbados, Whistler (Canada) Brisbane, NY, Innsbruck, Caracas (Venezuela) and Munich.

Hamburg is amazing, the St Pauli district (home of kult football club St Pauli FC) is like a mini amsterdam.

China is very interesting. i went to Xian (spelling) where the terracotta army is and Beijing. Annoyed i didnt go to Shanghai.
I didnt like Sydney, was there for 3 days for new year and then moved on. very good for touristy stuff, but not alot else. And it was way too much like London for me. dirty, busy and the only place in Australia where i saw a tramp. Melbourne is great, as are Brisbane and Adelaide.
wow, it sounds like you've done alot already! Im impressed. :) China and Toyko are definitely on the top of my list of places of which i'd like to go to.

I love Germany i've already been to Berlin, infact i want to go back there again, but atfer i've visited other areas of Germany first!

Sigh. Space tourism barely exists, and even then its only for the extremely wealthy. Space tourism to visit the moon does not exist.

And again, the silly comment was Joes....themoon,,,LMAO,

how is that not silly.

since space tourism exists now, how is The Moon a silly answer? i think the moderator needs to lighten up a little.

Sigh. Space tourism barely exists, and even then its only for the extremely wealthy. Space tourism to visit the moon does not exist.

And again, the silly comment was Joes....themoon,,,LMAO,

how is that not silly.

It was silly if they can't see it they are small minded.
The other commemt about the moon wasn't as silly but I doubt it will happen

Joe's moon comment was stupid. Please can we stop derailing the thread before it gets closed, as it makes a change to actually witness a good one lately.

I've decided that I'd like to add India to my list as well after my friend described it to me. I have some Indian friends at university who said I could stay with them if I wanted to. Now I just need the money for flights and spending. :(

I did say Space in my original post,but it wasn't meant as a joke or silly comment.Its somewhere id like to go and may well be a viable option in my lifetime.

Somewhere where's always hot and where we have seas or something to swim in.
Umm, I think the places would be:

• London, UK
  • Berlin, Germany
  • Viena, Austria
  • Los Angeles, USA
  • Paris, France

Somewhere where's always hot and where we have seas or something to swim in.
Umm, I think the places would be:

• London, UK
  • Berlin, Germany
  • Viena, Austria
  • Los Angeles, USA
  • Paris, France

I think, given the criteria specified, you'll be a bit disappointed with London. ;)

I did say Space in my original post,but it wasn't meant as a joke or silly comment.Its somewhere id like to go and may well be a viable option in my lifetime.

My point, I should have at 50 years left before I snuff it, its likely by then space tourism could become a viable option.

I would love to go on one of those WHY NOT cruises by Royal Carribian, you know were it shows people sun bathing were you can see glaciers and stuff.
Some Cruises like that cover a lot of countries giving you chance to get off and explore for a day.
The Cheapest cruise is about £2500 per person, thats the cheapest I have found anyway.

I also love London as a city, but my earlier comment was regarding the criteria he set for visiting other places:

• Always hot
  • Sea to swim in

Neither of those fit London at all, hence my post. I really like London other than that though. (H)

I'm sure London can be a fascinating place for a tourist, still parts of it that I haven't been to myself and I love living in it.

I'd love to go to Hamburg when Fulham get to the Europa League final and Wembley when Fulham reach the FA Cup semi Final ;)

On a more serious note, I'd like to go to America, Amsterdam, Berlin, Barcelona, Brazil and Thailand, my brother raves about Thailand as he went on his gap year, I have been to New Zealand, it is an amazing place, I have to say, North Wales isn't the best holiday destination unless you like wind, rain and hills.

Spain, Greece, italy, Egypt and iran for history.

Considering moving to a few of the colonies for a few years this autumn. US, Australia and New Zealand. Rugby World Cup in New Zealand's gonna be utterly insane.

Back