Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a story, but from the players perspective. I am playing as Newcastle in season one and I have just got Macheda on loan. So, I'm going to write a story from his perspective. Is anyone interested in reading this? any ideas on what to include would be cool.
I'l start the story tommorrow afternoon and il try to include screen shots of Macheda's progression from being at loan at Newcastle to becoming a starting player at Manchester United.

ive saw something similar once.

although it was with a created player added to the database as a promising 17 year old.

the user didnt ever manage a club, jsut sat unemployed, but followed this players career from lower league reserve football to the dizzy heights of the champions leauge and world cup finals and then all the way back down again.

quite a good read, he broke it up with some humour too

I'm thinking of doing the same sort of thing only whilst managing the club - to give a more in depth view of the games

Are you gonna be biased to him. As in starting him in every single game ahead of Rooney or Berbatov? Or doing the whole managing reserves, going out on loan etc?

wasn't the other player perspective focus story, sieb rasko by kris

Are you gonna be biased to him. As in starting him in every single game ahead of Rooney or Berbatov? Or doing the whole managing reserves, going out on loan etc?
Nope, I'm going to play the game fairly, but since he is on loan at newcastle he will most likely get most games

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

7/7/2009

The new season has started again and things are looking optomistic for this season. Last year we won the Premier League and reached the final of the Champions League. I am very proud to be able to play for this club.
I had a meeting with Sir Alex last week and he has told me he is very pleased with my performance last season. I managed to play 4 times for the first team, and I scored 2 goals.
Alex has told me though, that this season he will be looking at breaking Danny into the first team more this season so he is thinking of putting me out on loan.
So far I have heard nothing about any transfer rumours, but I am looking forward to some first team football, even if it isn't in a red shirt.

8/7/2009

Today Sir Alex has spoken to me again. This time he discussed the possibility of me going out on loan to Newcastle United. To which I jumped at the chance. I saw Newcastle play last season and I hoped they would avoid relegation. I think if i get to play consistent football there, I will get the opportunity to repay them and earn them promotion.
I am to discuss a contract with them later this month, but for this season they have already promised to make me key to their team. I've also heard that they are trying to loan Jack Wilshere from Arsenal and Emiliano Insua from Liverpool. I really hope that they both accept their contracts. I have seen them both play and I think I would link up well with Wilshere as he is a phenomenal passer. As for Insua I played against him last year in the reserves, he has some wicked pace so should move to Newcastle, we would have awesome pace on the left side of the pitch should he link up with Jonas.

Cool, sounds good, good luck.

How do I upload images, i keep clicking the attachment icon and all it does is take me to the start of the forum page

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

10/7/2009
Today I completed my season long loan transfer from Manchester United to Newcastle United. Upon arrival at Newcastle I was greeted by manager, Tom Concannon immediately and was called to his office at lunchtime.
At lunch I got a chance to meet the manager, chairman and two other new signings. I am pleased to see that Wilshere has also transferred on a season long loan too, and since we are both young prospects, he has helped to share the burden of high expectations.
I am also pleased that the boss has signed Edgar Davids on a free contract. I have a lot of respect for him as he is a highly experienced player. I know his knowledge of the game will rub off on our young squad.
I am already starting to feel the pressure and excitement of the transfer. I have been given the number 9 shirt, which has given me a massive boost to my confidence, I am clearly seen as integral to the club’s success.
The manager has also told me he has personally tailored a training schedule based on my age, position and potential. He calls it the ‘Wonder Kid Strikers’ schedule.

11/7/2009
Today the boss completed the loan transfer of Emiliano Insua. I am very pleased to get the chance to play along side him, he has enormous potential and I think in the future he could be a world beater. In training he will provide a decent challenge to play against, and I hope he can learn from me as well.
The manager has also announced to cover the wages for the new signings he shall be offering to clubs, Geremi at 1.1M and Ole Soderberg for 50K

13/7/2009
Today I got to play my first game in a Newcastle Shirt. It was against Stade Rennais FC in the Friendly Cup Semi-Final. Unfortunately we lost 1-0, I am disappointed that we lost, I had 4 shots on target but their keeper was just too strong. It was only a friendly match but it has given me inspiration for the next game I play. I want a win, only that will do.
Hopefully my chance will come in the Friendly Cup 3rd place playoff against Koln tomorrow.
14/7/2009
I got my first win in a Newcastle shirt. We beat Koln 4-3 on penalties in the 3rd place playoffs. I was unlucky to have a goal disallowed in the 72nd minute, I was just called offside. So, now I have my first win under my belt, the next stage is to start scoring. The manager has told me he expects at least 20 this season. I know this will be a colossal challenge but I feel up to it and ready to prove myself.
I also got the chance to play along Danny Simpson in today’s game, I feel we linked up well and having known him from the Man Utd Youth academy I feel more comfortable knowing I have a friend here with me.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Yeh, which is why i wanted this to be different. I wanted everything to be in more detail and to include screen shots (HOW DO I DO THIS?) I have played with Newcastle a few times before so I know which players to buy. The Story is not just about the success of the club, but the success of the player.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Yeh, which is why i wanted this to be different. I wanted everything to be in more detail and to include screen shots (HOW DO I DO THIS?) I have played with Newcastle a few times before so I know which players to buy. The Story is not just about the success of the club, but the success of the player.

I was thinking about doing something like this with a created player.

Very interesting, keep it up :)

15/7/2009
Just heard back from the boss that Danny Simpson has been injured during yesterday’s game and will be out for a week because of a strained neck. Although this is nothing serious it has highlighted we are weak at RB and we need a player who can cover this position.
Nile Ranger will also be out for 10 days because of a damaged elbow. As will Harris Vuckic. This means I have less competition for the first team, I hope they recover soon, but this will give me ample chance to gel with the squad and build a strike partnership with Ameobi.
16/7/2009
Today Ole Soderberg Left us on a 50K move to AIK. I did not spend a lot of time in his company but he was an obvious talent in training. I hope he finds success at his new club.
Geremi has also left the club in a 1.1M deal to Shakhtar, I am relieved at his departure because it gives the young blood a chance to shine, and I will have more chance to link up with Wilshere.
We played Livingstone in a friendly match this afternoon. I was delighted to be named into the starting 11. We won 7-0, I was unfortunate not to score a goal but I was able to set up Ameobi for 2 goals. I can already see us building a good understanding. For me though I think Ryan Taylor was the man of the match, he dominated the right wing, set up 2 goals and scored himself.
Things are very early but we are getting results and I see an optimistic year here.
19/7/2009
Today we played against Racing Club Genk in another friendly game. I did not participate in the fixture but I was named in the subs. I feel it gave me a decent rest after playing the last 3 games in a row. We won 1-0 thanks to a converted penalty from Ryan Taylor. I was partially expecting to see Lua Lua take the right wing this season but it looks like Taylor is going to keep him out of the starting 11
The boss has also placed Nicky **** onto the transfer list and has asked Steven Taylor to replace him as captain.

good read so far mate, good idea to will be following :)

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

when you are trying attachments your using quick reply you need to go advanced to attach. i had a similiar problem and it sorted it right out :) hope this helps

Just so I know, how do I upload screen shots? I want to make this as informative as possible.

I've tried clicking on the paperclip, it just opens up a window that is the forum menu.

i told you go onto advanced posting then click the paper clip

Last edited: