21/7/2009
Today the boss has introduced the team to our staff’s newest member. Jack Chapman has joined our club as a scout. I think the boss has made a great decision here. We are needing some stronger defensive players, so hopefully Chapman will find someone to fill our RB problem.
Steve Gatting has also joined us as a coach. I know his experience from working at Arsenal will benefit our players; it is also good that a staff member from a top 4 club working here. It shows our club’s level of ambition.
25/7/2009
The addition of the two new scouts has paid off. The boss today signed David Zurutuza on a year long loan from R. Sociedad. The manager has introduced me to David in today’s training session, he explained that with Nicky **** poised to leave the club, he intended to play an all out attack based team, removing Nicky **** from the DM position, and replacing him with David in the AMC position.
With Zurutuza’s passing skill, combined with Wilshere’s creativity, I hope they can feed the ball to me and Ameobi much more effectively.
All together the atmosphere at the club is great, I think we need another RB but other than that the club is looking strong. Just looking forward to my chance to shine. Hopefully I’ll get the chance against Juventus on the 31st.
31/7/2009
Today’s game against Juventus was very useful. We lost the game 2 – 1 but it helped to highlight our weaknesses as a team. We looked pretty solid on creating chances, it was our finishing that was not up to standard. I personally only managed to get 2 out of 5 shots on target so I need to work on improving my finishing.
Either way I feel we got a decent result against stronger opposition, the manager has told us a new signing is in the works, but no idea to who it is yet.

What will you do when he goes back to Man Utd?

kiko marcheda seem every small clubs wnts him not shocked on 17 goals in youth team looks very good i will follow

I aim to sign him on loan at Newcastle again or to sign him permenantly, should I fail to this I would follow him to Utd most likely.
It all depends on how I finish the season really. For now I'm just going to conenctrate on this year :)

1/8/2009
Today marks the start of August and only a week until the season starts. I am yet to score for Newcastle, despite playing well. I hope the ability to play stronger opposition will bring the best out of my performances.
3/8/2009
Today Ameobi has been told to avoid competitive football for 11 days after straining his thigh during training. This has now made me certain for the starting game of the season, but I am going to feel the pressure as there are few other experienced striking options at the club. I hope I can make the most of this opportunity and hold the frontline during Ameobi’s injury.
4/8/2009
Our secret signing was unveiled to us today, much to the delight of Zurutuza. The boss has signed Markel on a year long loan from Real Sociedad. This is a great signing for the club because it gives us a defensive option for when we face stronger clubs, and is Markel and Zurutuza are from the same club, they have already played together so should link up well in the middle and help each other to settle into the English leagues. I from experience can say this will be a great help. Simpson has helped me to settle here in Newcastle and there is a positive atmosphere at the club.
9/8/2009
Today is the first game of the season, we are playing West Brom away. Tom Concannon has told me that I am in his starting 11 along with Jonas, Wilshere and Insua. I shall update later on how the game has gone.

Today was unfortunate, we lost 1-0 and I was disallowed a goal in the final 10 minutes. We seem to be picking up the pace a bit more and making lots of chances. I think however we are missing Ameobi up front. Only a few days until he is back and we should return to form.

Here is the team sheet for today's game.
The players you cannot see on the shot (my bad) were Insua as LB and stuart taylor as CB

Last edited:
11/8/2009
The boss has told me he has put in a bid for my Man Utd team mate to come on a year long loan. This is great news as I have played with him many times in the Utd Youth team. I hope he decides to come here as I know we will be a strike force to reckon with. He will be needed, especially since Carroll was injured in training and will be out for 2 weeks.
12/8/2009
Unfortunately Welbeck turned down our loan offer. I think that he is more focussed on breaking the starting 11 At Manchester. It is a shame, especially because we are lacking an intimidating strike force
15/8/2009
.The English League Cup second round draw was today. We drew leeds as our main fixture. At Manchester, Leeds is one of our biggest rivals. I personally will be playing my hardest to beat them, even though I am at Newcastle now.
Today we are also playing against Charlton, I have been named on the team sheet again and will be looking for my first competitive goal. Ameobi is also back after injury so I will hopefully get a chance to work on our game together.

The game against Reading went exactly to plan, we won 3-2. Jonas performed excellently, and Wilshere scored his first goal for the club, a volley just outside the box. Zurutuza also scored his first for the club. We seem to be finding our finishing form and we need this to continue. I still want my first goal for the club, but I can almost taste it.

Good read so far. Following eagerly. (H)

19/8/2009
Today we play against Sheffield Wednesday, I am going to start again this game, and I feel I need to score in this match in order to be picked next week. So far I have played in most games yet haven’t scored. Its early days yet though and hopefully this should change.

I finally got it. I scored a low shot into the left of the net in the 28th minute. We destroyed Sheffield Wednesday today. Along with myself, Jonas, Lovenkrands and Pancrate all scored a goal. Unfortunately the stand in for Insua, Jose Enrique scored an own goal in the last 5 minutes.
I feel I really linked up well with Lovenkrands in today’s match, hopefully the boss will pair us up again in the future.

22/8/2009
Today is our third cup game against Crystal Palace, I have been named to the team sheet as reward for the goal in the last game. I hope I can improve on my performance last game.

This was my best performance so far for Newcastle. We beat Crystal Palace 3 – 1. I scored two headers and Taylor scored a long **** in the second half. I think we have found our rythem now, and after 3 games we sit at 2nd place in the league.
26/8/2009
Today is the League Cup match against Leeds, unfortunately though I cannot play because I am cup tied. I hope that the lads can get a result today.

The lads played well against Leeds and they won 4-1, Ameobi played brilliantly and scored 2 after coming on at half time. Big up to Jose Enrique who scored another own goal today, fortunately neither of them have had any effect on the game, but he gets a bit of stick from the team.

Great idea!

By the way did you mean to write long ****?! :)

Ahh I thought you were just obsessed with 'droppings' ;)

29/8/2009
We’ve been drawn against Manchester City in the English League Cup third round. They should prove to be difficult competition, having watched Manchester United play against them several times, I am aware of their ability to score goals. I just feel saddened that I wont get the opportunity to play against them.

31/8/2009
Looking forward to today’s game against Leicester, I feel well rested and I’m preparing to reach the same heights as last game. I’m feeling confident and happy. 20 isn’t s big enough target for me.

It was an unfortunate match, we were winning 1-0 until the last 10 minutes. It reminds us we aren’t invincible and we need to guard against complacency in the future.
9/9/2009
Congratulations to Ryan Taylor and Steven Taylor for being selected to the Coca Cola Championship team of the week, they have been integral to our fortunes so far this season.
13/9/2009
Today we face Cardiff, I’m feeling optimistic about this game, I have had a two week rest since our last game, and I feel ready to contribute to the scoring charts. I’m Teaming up with Ameobi up front, I shall be supporting him this game, with the hope he can use his height to play as a target man.

A disappointing result for us. We drew 2-2, but we had the lead by two goals at the first half, myself and Ameobi both scored. I think the best players were the goalkeepers. They were both tested constantly and I don’t know how there weren’t 4 or more goals each.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:52 PM ----------

16/09/2009
Today we play Blackpool and I’m partnering Ameobi, I think we should play well this evening, Blackpool are not on form at the moment and we have no trouble scoring.

This was a good performance from us, we won the match 3-1, I grabbed a goal, as did Jonus and Ameobi. We seem to a have a good attacking squad, I have linked up well with Wilshere.
I’ve now scored 5 goals for the club and its only mid way through September, I’m hoping my scoring record can continue.
19/9/2009
Today we play Plymouth Argyle, I’m hoping we get a result today, we are stuck in 2nd place and need more points to rise to the top.
---------------------------------
The match was a great success, we won 4-1, and the three points should hopefully put is in 1st place. I scored again, and Pancrate and Ameobi added from short range shots. The best goal of the night though came from Zurutuza who scored a 30 yard volley. I hope I can score like that for this club, it would make me very proud.
20/9/2009
The boss has just added two more coaching staff, Brian Eastwick and Ted Davies. I’m looking forward to more staff being at the club, at the moment the ratio of players to staff is a little unbalanced. The two new coaches should help share the workload.
23/9/2009
I am resting today due to being cup tied, but today the rest of the squad face Manchester City in the League Cup Round 3. The game will be a tough one, but if we record a win, it could be a very important victory for the club.

It was an unfortunate game for us, we remained square until the second half and then let in two late goals. The team played well as a whole, although Barton made many mistakes and had to be substituted. I hope he can get back on form for the future.

1/10/2009
A moment of personal glory today, I’ve been voted as runner up to young player of the month. I am pleased I played well enough to be noticed. It also means that I am not the best. I need to work hard in the upcoming month to try and win the next award.
Well played to Max Gradel from Leicester who beat me to it. I’m on 6 goals in 8 games, I need to keep scoring and hopefully Newcastle will be at the top by Christmas.
6/10/2009
Newcastle are playing Ipswich today, I am travelling to play with the Italy U20s team. I hope the lads manage to get a result today, the promotion chase is on, and we are looking very strong at the moment.

Unfortunately the lads drew 1-1 but after going a goal down early on Zurutuza was able to pull back a goal. I am looking forward to representing my country but I also miss being back in Newcastle, I knew we needed those two extra points so it’s a shame I wasn’t home to help out.
17/10/2009
Today we are playing against Nottingham Forest. I didn’t get the chance to play for my country so today I should get a good run out. I think we should be able to win the game and come back from last game’s draw.

I just put in the best performance of my career. I scored all three goals for us today, beating Nottingham Forest 3-2. I am really happy with how I played today, I think the rest away from football has done me good. I cant wait to build on this tally.
Here is the match report

Cheers man, im going to go up to christmas with my next post so there will be a lot to read.

Love reading this story, first one I check when I come on the forum !

22/8/2009
Today is our third cup game against Crystal Palace, I have been named to the team sheet as reward for the goal in the last game. I hope I can improve on my performance last game.

This was my best performance so far for Newcastle. We beat Crystal Palace 3 – 1. I scored two headers and Taylor scored a long **** in the second half. I think we have found our rythem now, and after 3 games we sit at 2nd place in the league.
Great story and layout. I think that if he goes back to Utd you should create a new user there.
Btw, the underlined/bold word really cracked me up. :p

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

And you should sometimes rest/bench him as he wouldn't play every game in real life. Also try and include international games.

I think signing him permanently, even if you have to take over United, would be the better option as it would keep the bond he has with the manager.