Player Preferred Moves Guide: A Definitive Look (pending Re-write for FM12)

just tell them you want them to teach them!

its more down now to the coaches... pick your best attacking coach to teach it to him! the players no longer refuse, depending on the coaches stats as well I assume depends a great deal whether or not the player will end up learning the move:

1) Determination
2) Motivating
3) Discipline

I have not tested this theory yet, however it could have some truth

Would make things a lot simpler if that is the case

Can players like regens ever learn the PPMs which are non-teachable? Like for example if I have a midfielder with high technique and long shots is it possible he could get "curls ball" somehow? Or once players like Kroos and Robben retire will there no longer be anyone who prefers to curl the ball (that would be strange!)?

Can players like regens ever learn the PPMs which are non-teachable? Like for example if I have a midfielder with high technique and long shots is it possible he could get "curls ball" somehow? Or once players like Kroos and Robben retire will there no longer be anyone who prefers to curl the ball (that would be strange!)?

It can only be taught by a tutor with those PPMs. I've seen regens be created with those PPMs as well, though, so don't worry.

Just curious and thanks. So maybe Kroos will make a better tutor than I thought (his determination, like a lot of Bayern's homegrowns is awful).

I know ive seen it before but I cant seem to find where it tells me what my players preferred moves are?

Never Goes forward is an unlearnable PPM (as in you cant teach it), absolutely awesome when you pair it with attacking wingbacks on ure DM-anchorman or pair a never goes forward CB with a BPD

That's an amazing thread! alot of infomation as well. Thanks for the help :)

At what age should I start teaching PPMs? Thanks

FMRTE had a ppm called 'uses outside of foot', is this a hidden ppm or another way of saying avoinds weaker foot?

Poacher:
Likes to round keeper: Another good PPM for strikers, requires less technique and flair than Lob Keeper
Likes to try to beat offside trap: Plays right on the edge of defence. very good for quick poachers and number 9s, with good off the ball and anticipation, not useful if you don’t play many through balls[/FONT]

I like to train my poachers with those two PPMs plus Moves into Channels (Especially if it's a lone striker) & Places Shots.

What is the difference between stops play and dwells on ball? I know Zidane had stops play, dictates tempo, and tries tricks in previous FM games, but I've heard differing stories between which one of them is a "negative" ppm and which one is the "positive" ppm. I know they are BOTH bad if you want to play quick, counter attacking football.

What is the difference between stops play and dwells on ball? I know Zidane had stops play, dictates tempo, and tries tricks in previous FM games, but I've heard differing stories between which one of them is a "negative" ppm and which one is the "positive" ppm. I know they are BOTH bad if you want to play quick, counter attacking football.

It depends on the style of play, stopping the ball interrupts the fluidity of the play, can stop counter-attacks dead and completely break down moves. This is usually best for players that are the centre of attention and not out wide or in the centre of a packed midfield. A 4-2-3-1 with an attacking midfielder that "dwells on the ball" is positive.

In terms of stopping play, like I said, they do it for their own benefit and not usually for the good of the team, it's almost selfish in a way since they are taking their time and not looking to break quickly with the ball in order to help team mates. For this to become a more positive PPM, the player should have high attributes in Team Work, Concentration, Determination and Decisions, this way they are much more capable at making the right pass at the right time and not squandering possession and thus frustrating team mates and most likely yourself.

whats the point of "runs with ball occassionally" ppm?

It's almost like a license for a creative player or excellent dribbler to just run with the ball. Wingers and attacking midfielders with high Creativity, Decisions, Flair, Technique and Dribbling attributes benefit from this since they can then roam with the ball and do what they usually do best.

However for those who are not as skilful, this again is another license to allow them to roam, and is best used with playmakers, sometimes deep-lying ones, as they are then able to find some space and pick out a direct pass up the field or lay it onto someone else, either a short pass or a through ball.

"Runs with the ball occasionally" is a PPM that allows players to be more expansive when with the ball, running with it on a sporadic basis gives them that self-confidence and belief that they can go on to do something with the ball, without losing it carelessly and being lambasted as a result.

How to choose the coach for teaching PPMs? Attacking coaches for attacking PPMs, etc. or is there a coaching skill to look to?
Is it better to not instruct players to learn moves when they are less than pleased with their training schedules?
Thanks!

ball playing defender gets forward whenever possible is wrong he will leave too much space at the back for the opposition but it is a good ppm for full backs and target man dwells on ball is also wrong rather use stops play instead.

for box to box midfielder use arrives late in opposition area and shoots with power