Alex

Andre Villas Boas <3
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, I used the search tool but found nothing - Please close and re-direct if there is another thread.

Which Player?
I have been browsing the forums and have decided that this is probably worthy of a thread, which player have you brought on FM10 that has proved to be the best player value for moneywise? This may be in the lower leagues and he cost a few grand or in the premiership and cost a few million; This may help some people with not a lot of money at their club or may just prove to be an interesting read for some people!... template is as follows:

(My example)
Player Name: Yaya Sanogo
Club: Birmingham City
League: Premier League
Price: £6m
Why is he Value For Money?: Has scored countless goals for my club in the lone striker role, has hit 29 in 19 in my fourth season and is now worth at least £20 million. Would not sell him for anything. Completely running the show for me.

This is the basic template that is to be used and I would greatly appreciate it being adhered to as it is easier on the eye and just generally easy to read.

Which player for you, has been the best Value For Money?

Last edited:
Player Name: Jonathan Cristaldo
Club: Motherwell
League: SPL
Price: £1.4m
Why is he Value For Money?: Easily my best player at the club, score for fun in the SPL now recieving offers in the region of 5-6 million.

Player Name: Yoann Gourcuff
Club: Manchester United
Price: £17.5m
Why is he Value For Money?: What can i say? At just 23, he starts off world class, and just gets better, this man is simply a God when it comes to attacking football. Bags of creativity and flair, with the mental stats to pick the right move/pass/run time after time, and the outstanding technical abilty to pull them off, and hes a battleaxe to boot. MC,AMC,AMR; Gourcuff will deliver everytime. 3 seasons; 45 goals and well over 100 assists, he has made himself a United icon already, and will end his career a legend.

Player Name: Yoann Gourcuff (AMC)
Club: Free Transfer in 3rd Season :)
League: -
Why Is He Value For Money: Cause he's free. He also has great stats and is at his peak age and more reason to buy him when you read the post above mine.

Player Name: Franck Ribery (AMRLC)
Club: FC Bayern Munich
Why is he value for money: He's on free transfer in Season 3 too. Keep a look out, and youd be lucky enough to Approach to Sign him. He's a World-Class Winger in my game, and his stats just refuse to drop, even at 32years old (Season 5 in my game).

Player Name: Toni Kroos (AMC)
Club: FC Bayern, Leverkusen (Loan)
Why is he value for money: Described as a Wonderkid, has a Creativity and Decision Making of 20. All his technical and mental stats are above 15.

Player Name: Cristian Zapata (DRC)
Club: Udinese
Why is he value for money: 21year old defender, with a marking and tackling of 18 & 16 respectively? His stats are rigged even before his peak, and it would reach 19+ at his peak age of 26. Worth every penny as he's a commanding centre-back for me.

Player Name: Andy Little
Club: Rangers Reserves ( If Scottish leagues are loaded)
League: Scottis Premier League
Price: £10,000 - £30,00
Why is he Value For Money? Scores for fun in League 1 can play anywhere on the pitch except as a GK. Dead cheap and scores vital goals. I recommend to any Champ - L2 manager !

I think Gourcuff is going to be a popular one!

Player Name: Oscar Cardozo
Club: Benfica
Price: £13m
Why is he Value For Money?: Scores insane amounts of goals. (overrated on the game?) Offers finishing, aerial ability, strength, insane long range goals, free kicks.

Player Name: Anthony Annan
Club: Some norwegian one
Price: £2.5m
Why is he Value For Money?: Standard holding midfielder, very good at his job.

stuart holden
houston/bolton (depending on update)
1.2m
signed him for celtic and he's tearing up the spl as AM RLC, scores a few goals and has billions of assists
and he won goal of the season (ran from inside his own half and blasted a screamer into the top corner from outside the box)

Player Name: Marco Verratti
Club: Hércules
League: Liga Adelante
Price: £500k
Why is he Value For Money?: This kid starts off decent then his stats just skyrocket. WIll essentially turn into a midfield GOD. Bags of creativity, technical ability and, on top of that, a good finisher. Will be worth £15 million, at least.

Player Name: Anthony Annan
Club: Rosenborg BK
Price: Loan (with option to buy $2.5)
Why is he Value For Money?: Hargreaves was injured so i needed a Holding mifielder, and buy did he do well in that position, played around 20 games for me, and scored 8 goals and got a nice number of assists which is good considering i only wanted him to hold the midfield when players go forward

Player Name: Guillerme Ochoa
Club: MEX
League: Mexico
Price: 1.7m - 2.3m
Why is he value for money: Simply already close to world class and develops in leaps and bounds. No better player available at the start of the game for the money....A must have!!!

Player Name: Yaya Sanogo
Club: Port Vale
Price: £10m
Why is he Value For Money?: I got him on loan in the Championship, and his goals helped me up. He was my first signing in the Premier League and has kept me up for the first 2 seasons, scoring 20-35 goals each season playing as a lone striker. He's a complete striker, having pace, strength and heading ability and can play very effectively up front by himself.

Darnell Situ (500K) from RC Lens relegaed in 3rd season
Dennis Appiah released on a free 3rd season
Ishak Belfodil 3m 4th season
Situ and Appiah are turning out to be world class defenders and were a big part in mainting domination of the eredivisie for the last 4 seasons (Euro Cup winners the 3 seasons ago and Champions cup winners last season.) , they are now making it easy for me to sell Otamendi , or aleternatively push him into the DM role that I had been retraining him for for the last 6 seasons, where his lack of height and jumping won't be exposed as much. The 4 CB I have Otamendi, Situ Appiah and Verkhovstev are a big part of me conceding less than 15 goals a season in league play over the last 2 seasons. Also for some srang reason Situ is now "competent" as a striker in my save (Lens must have played him as a striker occasionaly) with 11 finishing and 13 composure. YAY for forward options.
Ishak is big strong and one of the test young target men in the game. a big part of my Utrecht team smashing records last season with 101 goals scored by the teaam in 38 matches.

Last edited:
Player Name: Arda Turan
Club: Inter
League: Serie A
Price: 12.25 Million USD
Why is he value for money: A machine gun in the midfield, plays as AML/AMR/AMC or MC, rakes in the assists with an average of 25 - 30 assists per season and 8 - 10 goals, price rises constantly, 4 seasons into the game Real Madrid have approached me with offers as high as 35 Million and I'm not selling for less than 50 Million.

Player Name: Robbie Earnshaw
Club: Chesterfield

League: League One
Price: Free
Why is he Value For Money?: After finishing 8th in League One in season 2010/11 (my return to the Division). It was obvious i needed some firepower up front, a guarenteed scorer. Broke the Bank Wage wise in signing Earnshaw on a Free from Notts Forest, but was repaid with 34 goals in 38 games firing me easily to the League One title. Continued for little old Chesterfield in the Championship helping us secure a 9th place finish in the 1st season, but his age meant this was to be his last major input, but well worth it.

i---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

hey s7eve...his contract with nottingham forest runs till 30.6.2011..How did you sign him? Maybe in ur game nottm forest released him? o.o

Player Name: Robbie Earnshaw
Club: Chesterfield
League: League One
Why is he Value For Money?: After finishing 8th in League One in season 2010/11 (my return to the Division). It was obvious i needed some firepower up front, a guarenteed scorer. Broke the Bank Wage wise in signing Earnshaw on a Free from Notts Forest, but was repaid with 34 goals in 38 games firing me easily to the League One title. Continued for little old Chesterfield in the Championship helping us secure a 9th place finish in the 1st season, but his age meant this was to be his last major input, but well worth it.

i[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------[/COLOR]

hey s7eve...his contract with nottingham forest runs till 30.6.2011..How did you sign him? Maybe in ur game nottm forest released him? o.o

He signed him at the end of the 2011 season. Dear oh dear.

Player Name: ***** Robert
Club: Saint-Denis (Reunion) to Bromley FC
League: Blue Square South
Why is he Value For Money?: As a free transfer, this guy was always going to dominate the BSS. In his first season in English football, the 29 year old bagged 16 goals and 2 assists in 20 games, missing out on the season's top goalscorer award by 1 goal.
Now working my way through my second season in the Blue Square South after winning in the play-offs, his total this season is at 26 goals and 8 assists in 36 games.
Although some-what of an 'old' player, he will continue to do wonders for me until he's at least 33/34, and has been shown as a League 1/2 player. Great bargain.

Player Name: Guillerme Ochoa
Club: MEX
League: Mexico
Price: 1.7m - 2.3m
Why is he value for money: Simply already close to world class and develops in leaps and bounds. No better player available at the start of the game for the money....A must have!!!

I agree with your analysis. However, I am doubtful about your quoted price - I have yet to be able to buy him for less than $10-15M and I have tried during seasons 1, 2 and 3.