Players that carry teams

Gerrard-hert and soul of Liverpool
Lampard-a man who always gives 100 % on the pitch
Pirlo and Gattuso-guys who have been dictating Milan play for ages
Javier Zanetti-do I have to say anything? one of the greatest captains of all time, still ireplaceable in Inter

Alan Shearer at Newcastle. Dug them out of holes so many times, and they would have been in big trouble if United had signed him instead..

Errr we were a one man Shearer team for a very short period. Post-Bobby Robson I'll agree with you, but up until then - no no. Laurent Robert, Kieron Dyer (pre- owenesque injury banter), a young angry craig bellamy! We had a quality squad, by no means was Shearer carrying us. 2004 onwards however, pretty much up until his retirement, we relied on him too much. We've basically just assembled a Premier League team, years after his retirement. We've been **** since Shearer retired up until now :(

Kevin Nolan - Newcastle

Mmmm no. Barton > Nolan and previous to this January most people would say Carroll > Barton, meaning if anyone was carrying the side it was Carroll, and nobody was carrying this side.

Now AC has left? It could turn into Barton carrying the team, he certainly was the leader behind yesterdays comeback.

When he's healthy and in form: Riquelme for Boca. There's a reason they've sucked since his injury issues for the past two years. Veron too for Estudiantes. They (along with Velez) have been the only consistent team in Argentina for the past 3 years (in South American club competitions as well). He's surrounded by good players but he's the heart and soul of the team.

Errr we were a one man Shearer team for a very short period. Post-Bobby Robson I'll agree with you, but up until then - no no. Laurent Robert, Kieron Dyer (pre- owenesque injury banter), a young angry craig bellamy! We had a quality squad, by no means was Shearer carrying us. 2004 onwards however, pretty much up until his retirement, we relied on him too much. We've basically just assembled a Premier League team, years after his retirement. We've been **** since Shearer retired up until now :(

I'm not saying you didn't have an excellent squad, but even when you had all those players you relied on him very heavily. The team was built around him as he was your best player, and everything went through him and usually ended with him tucking the ball into the net.

He was the focal point of your team and he did carry you for a long time.

Currently i would say Stevie G, if he dosent turn up Liverpool wont win. Scott Parker just gives 100% week in week out. John Terry, best leader in England and one of the best in the world without a dout. Carlos Tevez, his goals keep City were they are.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

gotta admit he was a steal at 11million from the hammers.

I and many Chelsea fans didnt feel that way when it happend lol.

Steven Gerrard so many times.
Scott Parker most of the time.

Phil Neville

Ryan Giggs, this season, and all others.

Ryan Giggs, as great a player he is, doesn't carry Manchester United. We've always had great players to spread the burden. Cantona,Scholes,Keane,RVN,Ronaldo,etc.