Players that carry teams

Grant Holt for Norwich, when hes on form there unbeatable and he's the reason they got promoted last season and are doing so well in the Championship.

Abel Taarabt, the reason why QPR will be a premier league club next season.

Edgar Davids for Palace - i joke obviously ;)

I know its not quite the same but have never seen anyone carry a team in one game like Beckham did for England against Greece.

Grant Holt for Norwich, when hes on form there unbeatable and he's the reason they got promoted last season and are doing so well in the Championship.)

Holt and Martin were both crucial in their promotion.

Taarabt doesn't carry QPR in my opinion, they have a top class squad, and when Taarabt has a bad game (which sometimes he does) they still end up grinding out results.

surprised no one said this but C Ronaldo last season pretty much carried real madrids title challenge single handedly and is still doin that alot this season.

surprised no one said this but C Ronaldo last season pretty much carried real madrids title challenge single handedly and is still doin that alot this season.

IMO there were two players that carried Real Madrid last season (and I watched them a lot)...CR and Higuain as well. Both of them salvaged so many wins for them when the rest of the team was playing terribly.

Many during Real Zaragoza history.

Last I remember were Cuartero (one-club man, spent his whole career with us and was our captain), and Zapater (it is a f****ng shame he was sold. Now he is at Sporting not playing).

Charlie @ Wigan, no better example!! Although Al-Habsi has helped an awful lot during his loan spell, we would be dead bottom if it not for his heroics!

Last edited:
Wouldn't really say anyone carries Hearts. They're a unit on a good and bad day.