Players that carry teams

as united fan think its been diferrent every season like st silver said gets spread around

Stuart Campbell/Will Hoskins carry us. Campbell does the work of the whole midfield. Without him we would be down already........

I'm not saying you didn't have an excellent squad, but even when you had all those players you relied on him very heavily. The team was built around him as he was your best player, and everything went through him and usually ended with him tucking the ball into the net.

He was the focal point of your team and he did carry you for a long time.

Hmm fair, but I don't think it was a carrying thing, I think its a captain thing. Gerrard wasn't carrying Liverpool, Torres and Reina also had to show up, but if Gerrard didnt - none of them would. Its not that he's carrying the team, its just the influence of the captain. I guess it could be said it was similiar with us and Shearer

tony adams and used to be kolo toure at arsenal but now he is lame at man city, RVP

Kris Commons was carrying us for a bit, but then started to drop off and get fat, so Celtic signed him.

Arsenal - Fabregas ;)
Liverpool - Gerrard
Chelsea - Lampard.
West Ham - Parker

Can't wait to see what people think to this ;)

Was Boyd for us up to this year, then it was Miller for the first half of this season, no idea who it's going to be now..

Alessandro Del Piero, Steven Gerrard, Francesco Totti

I know, but he did carry you for the first half of the season

No he didn't, he was in goal scoring form, but that was because he was getting the service from a confident team, when we're in bad form Commons plays ****..

I could say the same to you about Becchio.

Henrik Larsson, was clearly too good for Celtic and kept us going.
He didnt really carry us. We had a very good team in his days. He was our best player but the others played there part.

N'Zogbia at Wigan
Given at Newcastle
Jarvis & Doyle at Wolves

He didnt really carry us. We had a very good team in his days. He was our best player but the others played there part.

N'Zogbia at Wigan
Given at Newcastle
Jarvis & Doyle at Wolves

Couldn't agree more with the N'Zogbia carrying Wigan statement, they're terrible with him, wonder what they'd be like without him?!

the whole team at Leeds all pitch in so I wouldn't say 1 player carries us but if I had to say 1 player it would be Snodgrass. He is our creator (shown by the goal yesterday). Last few seasons I guess it would have to be Beckford, which is 1 reason i'm glad he's gone

No he didn't, he was in goal scoring form, but that was because he was getting the service from a confident team, when we're in bad form Commons plays ****..

I could say the same to you about Becchio.
See my earlier post regarding Leeds. I wouldn't say Becchio carries us

See my earlier post regarding Leeds. I wouldn't say Becchio carries us

The point you made above backs up my argument with the other Leeds fan, when we were playing well we didn't just rely on one player.

Alessandro Di Livio i think his name was at Fiorentina. Stayed with them when they were demoted to Serie D, then all the way back up to Serie A. Leg-End :D