Plug & Play Freedom (3142) ---Direct Style--- Fantastic Tactic By Jesaustralia

jesaustralia

Premium
Reaction score
684973d1410396690-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-plug-play-freedom-3142-header.png

Plug & Play Freedom 3142 Download

685099d1410441064-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-f.c.-barcelona_-tactics-overview-9.png

League Table with Freiburg (Thanks to Champion7891)

688060d1411501308-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-german-first-division_-overview-stages-8.png

About Plug & Play Freedom:

Inspired by Marcelo's tactic, but to much is edited that you can't call this his!
Marcelo's focus is on a fast short passing game - This tactic is lightning Direct fast and very urgent.
Very Strong Elements of Attack & Defence alot of chances being created 20-30 a game home & away.
Many times I get the feeling I'm watching Indoor soccer - Simply Beautiful!

Again - Highly Recommended!

I'm just gonna post this because some of you trust me that I don't deliver bad stuff and I will edit over time. I doubt I will change anything so please don't ask me for that - if you want changes try and tweak it yourself or even better go use Marcelo's highly proven tactic for all teams.
Above average Good - Best teams will succeed with this one
I don't make tactics for small teams, but I will consider it if Purfleet enters the lowest league in England :)

Guys I'm very excited about this one and I'm sure it will succeed for many I'm also sure this has GOAL potential how many I don't dare to say, but I think many.

Screenshots will be for a later date Visually it looks like Marcelo's formation - Screenshot above - Some roles are different - Mentality is different - Creative freedom is different - Tempo is different - Timewaste is different - individual passing is different - and individual sliders like run from deep etc. is different.

I will give you analyzes and explanations why I did what because I think some of the things that I did are interesting and I will try not to make you confused. Sliders need a good explanation and I will try to do that in this thread at one point because I think its important. Jesus What did I do - I promised to explain the sliders - If this was a cycling community it would be easier to explain the need for drugs, but its not. Alright just kidding!

Before I start explaining I just wanna say I will write what I feel is most important first and then add on as time goes. This could be a semi big job that I have involved myself in to because some of my thoughts might be philosophy, me thinking about what I see in the match engine which leads to thoughts that can be wrong or misinterpreted. If that happens it is on me and if any of you have a different understanding of the sliders please correct me if you feel I'm wrong - you can do that in this thread or send me a private message if you feel best with that. I will consider anything you say.

Information on how to scout REGENTS

[video=youtube;jWmOwrvC2kU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWmOwrvC2kU[/video]

685420d1410524133-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-slider-focus.png

This section focus on a better understanding of the different sliders in the game.
When all sliders has been covered!
I'll make an E-Book Available for Download

Lets Get Started

Run From Deep
Dictate along with mentality a players positioning. I feel this slider is underestimated and very hidden. I think this slider is much more important than people know. For example a Complete forward support run from deep sometimes where a poacher run from deep often - I feel this controls the linking between the two positions. Making a balance in the tactics/formations comes down to the run from deep slider how that is positioned (Rare-Sometimes-Often). This slider is the golden ticket - The first slider to look at when creating a new tactic for me.

Mentality
Mentality
I find very important too! 2nd slider I will look at. This slider determines positive or negative actions on the pitch. For me this affects forward or backward passes - through balls - One two's - Beautiful indoor soccer moves - Movement offball/positioning - Mentality for me can be used to create the most beautiful football or the most destructive football. The good news is the TC is set up for this. I feel the TC works really positive about mentality so basically all you should do is to set it up easily under style & strategy in team instructions. I however in the tactic above have set my complete forward to MAX mentality because he is a creative forward simular to a Trequartista/Deep Laying Forward types. He will still link perfectly with the midfield and the Poacher due to his run from deep setting (support) = sometimes.

Quote: HUNT3R from sigames community
Think of mentality as a slider determining risk. Riskier everything. High mentality means riskier positioning, runs, passes, tackles etc etc
After reading that opinion from one of their moderators I will just ask this question - Is less more? - If what he saids is true then it opens up for some very interesting and new kind of tactics that we haven't seen yet :)

Creative Freedom

Quote: wwfan
"It's a flair boost, giving the player the creative freedom to try the unexpected.

The issue that complicates things is what flair does. Creative freedom might well result in the different passing options, as long as it is the right player making the pass. If CF is low, the player is very likely to follow his tactical instruction. If CF is higher, the player has the option to play the other pass if:

a) he sees it (Creativity / vision)
b) he's composed enough to try it (composure)
c) he decides it is the better option (decisions)

The result of higher flair can be very abstract. It might result in a striker hitting placed shots instead of blasting them first time. It might result in a midfielder trying the reverse pass through ball into the box. It might result in a FB trying to dribble out of the box and getting caught in possession. It might initiate a controlled passing move down the field instead of a long boot. The actual result in any given situation relies on a multiplicity of factors and player attributes."

Quote: Clearcut (Reply to wwfan)
It is exactly what I’m talking about!

"I’m trying to explain when you change his Creative Freedom to minimum level you just manually take away a lot of options from the player! And when Creative Freedom is set to minimum he has ridiculously small options to choose. Be very careful when you set Creative Freedom for the player lower than Normal level if a great player and all his attributes is about 20 but if his Creative Freedom is set at Little level he will be playing like a dummy because you have taken away all options from him.

I haven’t noticed any stupid decisions from defender with casual mental attributes around 12 when his Creative Freedom is set to Normal-Much (10-15) range but I’ve saw a lot of stupid decisions from defender with all attributes around 20 when his Creative Freedom is set to minimum level."

ME:With Creative freedom I don't trust the TC blindly - especially after the discussion above. I feel its a very controversial slider that many people either fears or are a bit uncertain of. I have read the internet about this slider and their is mixed opinions of what it is. One authority that (WWFAN) saids its a flair boost others saids that it overrides your tactical instructions and the creators saids you shouldn't give it to more than 4 players.
Do I believe any of them or agree with them? Yes I do - Anyone I Dissagree with? yes
unfortunately I dissagree with the creators which should be the ultimate authority of this game, but not yet :).
So I dissagree with 2 out of 3 on this subject.

The other I dissagree with is the people that saids it overrides player instructions - It doesn't override player instructions - if it does it is for the better meaning better player performances!.(According to them) If you for example have long shots set to rare the players will take stupid long shots and override your instructions completely with creative freedom set to high or above. No no no no not at all - These guys have it wrong and its a pitty because this slider is gold.

If you guys have the creative freedom slider maxed out or their abouts the long shots you will see will be long shots with much higher quality than when your long shots slider is set to often that's what I see. Why is that? hit the like button and I'll tell you....no I'm just kidding again.
If you have a player that have the long shot set to often he tends to not even think about what position he is in for the shot - so it becomes like a shot in the dark! and it sails a million miles wide of goal. Now If you set it to rare and set your creative freedom slider to 15-20 he will get in to better positions and decide(decisions) for a valuable long shot why? and is it just a flair boost? This is an open question - Long shots were just an example and ofcause their is many other areas on the pitch I feel it affects on different types of players. Quality Types of Finishing - Headers(Corners) - Passes(indoor soccer/one two moves) - Movements. I feel if coupled with a high Mentality and high decisions from individual players this probably will work the best - What do you think?

As Clearcut saids its like the player can see more options available to him - its like the player can unfold his true potential on the pitch. A striker with 15-20 creative freedom might hit the ball high just under the cross bar or chip it above the goalkeeper etc and that is kind of flair to me. You still need a decent player ofcause its not a cheat!.

It is still a little bit more than that though not just offensive!. Defenders stop hoofing the ball upfield unless their is a point in doing so by passing long to a team mate in a free position - But then his passing slider and tempo needs to be set correctly as well for that to happen. Does creative freedom ignore the players instructions? No and if they do you just need to know they do it for the better. They will not start running around like headless chickens if that's what you think. This makes me comfortable using creating freedom slider between 10-20 (In the tactic above its 15-20)

Ofcause individual player skills always have something to contribute with or contribute alot with, so don't underestimate that either. I feel decisions is one of my favourite skills for the players to possess when it comes to creative freedom. In my team FC Nurnberg I see slow strikers succeeding in this very tactic! 10-15PACE/ACC. If anyone has anything to add or disagree with lets get it out in this thread. For now this is my opinion and what I see.

Quote BIGGUSD from sigames community:
Creative Freedom
is a Flair modifier (Also confirmed by wwfan) Therefore the player will ignore your instructions more when maxed out, but only to try something smart and unexpected. So high Creative Freedom means more risk-taking on and off the ball. It does not randomize the player's individual settings, he will still adhere to them most of the time/Fulfill player instructions.

Jesaustralia: BIGGUSD saids it really well what I'm thinking, but all the examples under creative freedom is well said - Now this is what I see in the 3D Match engine!
That's why I'm not scared of slider 15-20 From Defence-Attack

I feel this knowledge so far could open up for some new and EXCITING TACTICS :)

Passing

Quote: Montanaro

Passing style only affects the range at which players are allowed to look for a pass.
Generally you want a longer passing style with a higher tempo as it gives players a large passing area for them to find a player in an attacking position.

Think of passing style as a circle around the player which indicates his range. The longer the passing style, the larger the circle. The shorter the passing style the smaller the circle.

Quote: Totalfootballfan from sigames

HUGE impact on passing direction have:

- Passing Style
- Tempo
- Through Balls
- Creative Freedom

Mentality has HUGE AND VERY VISIBLE effect on player positions on the field!

- How fast and further he goes to attack when your team is attacking.
- Affect his wiliness to go back defense when your team is defending.
- Affect how deep his position when defending.
- Affect how higher his position when attacking

You can make an experiment

Set Mentality for MC to maximum but other tactical settings at minimum:

Passing style – Short
Through balls – Rarely
Tempo – Slow
Creative Freedom – Little

And you will see 99% of the time he will be making safe and short passing around.

Then make the opposite set his Mentality at minimum but other tactical sliders at maximum:

Passing style – Direct
Trough ball – Often
Tempo – Quick
Creative Freedom – Much

You will see visible and drastic changes in his passes. He will be making a lot of direct and through ball passes even when his mentality slider set to a minimum - (Jesaustralia thinks to himself INTERESTING)

Conclusion: if you want to change passing style it shouldn't be player Mentality first . Yes, maybe it adds something but not more than 5-10%. There’s other tactical sliders which have much stronger and visible impact.

For now I disagree with Totalfootballfan's opinon about the Mentality slider, but only because I haven't tried his theory. I thought its very convincing though and I give him the benefit of the doubt on this one meaning he could be right!.

Jesaustralia: Now to be honest I'm happy with Montanaro's point on passing and tempo it started my interest in the sliders. For me this doesn't mean that your players will play long kick & rush football - for me this enables them to see their passing options so if tempo is high they might go for a player far up the field, but it doesn't have to be the furthest away in lenght option the player choose. Mentality (Risk) also have something to say in this in my opinion! I feel mentality should come before creative freedom in this one though I wouldn't leave creative freedom out ever!. If you who reads this and
dissagrees please tell us what you think - I would love to hear it.

Tempo

Quote:
TheBetterHalf
How quick and urgent the players should get the ball FORWARD.

Simular to what Montanaro confirmed in the passing section above.

So tempo has nothing to do with getting low on condition as I see it. I usually play max tempo in my tactics and I don't see any proof on condition decreasing dramatically - Urgency=How quick the team Make something happen (Passes/Runs)

Here's another explanation
Tempo is essentially how quickly your team try to get at the opposite half. Slow tempo = Barcelona passing and dominating possession until the right opening comes along. Fast tempo = lots of direct runs trying to force a goal. That's always how I understood it.

Jesaustralia: For me the real life Barcelona style is a tricky one to describe and especially in FM - To be honest I feel FC Barcelona is made up of two styles in their game - the first is slow and patient short passes with high timewaste (14+) - then they suddenly explode and shift tempo completely - the passes become more direct and through balls is suddenly on often. So for me (one two's & dictate tempo) PPM's is important for such a slow style in my opinion. Can it be replicated in FM13? I don't know if you have experience with this tell us about it.

In general high tempo and direct passing styles work really well together (Lots of chances)
Alternatively Slow tempo and short passing - can you reverse it with success?

Timewaste

Quote:TheBetterHalf

Time Wasting = Decision Urgency and also how much time the players actually try to waste( like on free kicks late in matches when 1-0 up)

Quote:
pala
Tempo isn't related necessarily to decision, but time wasting is. Time wasting means more time for the player to decide whichpass / where / how

Jesaustralia: I've noticed that When setting Timewaste slider higher - Maxed out 14-20 players dwell more on the ball and often their decision/action takes longer - higher precision will be achieved or the player will lose the ball due to opponent pressure. So I think this is another underestimated slider - A slider that I think many Managers overlook or can't figure out how to set it correctly. I'm still not convinced that the slider actually try and waste time (corners/freekicks) etc.

Please tell us what you see and if you know a good way to use it in both a direct game or a short possession game. I would love to hear different opinons about this subject?

More on this later...

Roaming
Roaming allows the player to move away from their set position and find space anywhere on the pitch, the idea being their marker wont follow them, they will be in space to receive the ball and dictate the play either by shooting, passing or running at the opponents. Roaming is good for players who have exellent offball and creativity attributes. I feel these skills are especially powerful for players like a Trequartista or Deep Laying Forward and even a Complete Forward support. I also feel it can be good to have a static Poaching partner. When you have one striker moving around and the other static their will be many defences that will act insecure to that, because its almost a certainty that gaps will appear in the opponent defence. In the right tactic/formation make sure their is players to take advantage of the appearing gaps. Dictate tempo - move into channels - killer balls can be ppms that can benefit in a roaming tactic. If you have anything to add please do.

.....Do you wanna know why? hit the like button :) - no i'm kidding again, but if you do, it makes me happy though - I have sat for hours with this and will take a little break and will continue with my answer soon.

Closing Down

Hold-up Ball

Works best with slow possession tactics - its not a setting that I have looked to much at I admit, if I see a player in the 3D match engine that lose the ball due to dwelling - hold up ball is ticked off for good. I have seen tactics where fullbacks have this ticked or even wingers, for me that's wrong. I can agree with the wingers if they are really good with the ball and I want them to do a high dribbling game as well, then I see this option as a possibility. Normally this would be given to a defensive midfielder who needs to stop and consider what options he has available to him. Ofcause any support player in the attack can enjoy this one as well especially if he's hard to mark for the opponent defenders - that will means he will get more time on the ball when he has it and almost act like his team is on a high timewasting slider which will make him more precise ofcause. Holding up ball attracts opponent players due to the extra time holding it so make sure the player that does it is strong - I'm inclined to think that a good decision must be a requirement as well. or a Very good technical dribbler (wings). In my tactics its mostly wrong with holdupball.

Width

: TheBetterHalf

Width = How much Of the Pitch width the players try to use within their formation when in possession.

More on this later...

Defensive Line
Counter Attack
Offside
Focus Passing
Playmaker
Target Man
Target Man Supply
Style & Strategy

My Thoughts - Future Football Manager Games

If you need information on training and player types you can look in Gooaall262 thread for now

Alright Go Download and please report back on how you go with your team/s

Cheers

Screenshot Results

685100d1410441582-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-barcelona-v-córdoba_-stats-match-stats.png

685101d1410441607-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-cádiz-v-barcelona_-stats-match-stats.png

685103d1410441622-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-barcelona-v-basel_-stats-match-stats.png

685106d1410441640-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-barcelona-v-málaga_-overview-overview.png

685108d1410441656-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-barcelona-v-athletic_-overview-overview.png

685584d1410441656-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-barcelona-v-granada_-stats-match-stats.png

685587d1410441656-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-espanyol-v-barcelona_-stats-match-stats.png

685589d1410441656-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-chelsea-v-barcelona_-stats-match-stats.png

685590d1410441656-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-chelsea-v-barcelona_-stats-away-stats.png

685591d1410441656-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-valencia-v-barcelona_-stats-match-stats.png

685593d1410441656-plug-play-freedom-3142-direct-style-fantastic-tactic-jesaustralia-barcelona-v-chelsea_-stats-match-stats.png

Upcoming screenshots: ----​

Last edited:
I see downloads appearing on my screen - anyone who have something to report a match or several matches? I'm very interested to hear how it goes other people with this one.

Cheers

Read connection thread :) Might be able to upload a few game screenshots in a few hours time.

Read connection thread :) Might be able to upload a few game screenshots in a few hours time.

Ohh....Goodluck pal Goodluck - go get those bastards - get them all :)

I'm looking very much forward to hear about it. Remember very good players :)

Wow - thats special - what position would you estimate your current Arsenal team if just looking at players and reflecting how good the best players can be. 7 8 9 10 or further up? - what do you think a team like the one you have currently should achieve compared to the rest of the teams in the league - not looking at the tactic just player quality ?

To me they are a top 6 side.. Think media prediction was for 5th place.. However if Giround got injured for a long time, I think top 6 would be difficult to attain. So for me I would say injuries free, 4th place was what I am aiming for.

Zouma - train shot with power - let him be the one on the near post on corners trust me :)
Wilshere never had him, but i think people saids he's good.
wanyama i had him back in time in the game, but didn't use him to much the current dmc i have is very creative actually very good mental skills and he could play CMA as well easily very talented.
Victor Fisher He is danish haha thats my country is he any good?
Giroud i have never had is he any good looks like your star player what sort of striker quick?

I think people around the web saids good stuff about
Ademilson had him but i was unable to train him at that time so i sold him off (I was unsure about how to train the players)
Jores okore another dane should be very talented and cheap
stade rennais - Issam Boulainine (major star in my game) around beginning of the game amazing DMC had him
stade rennais - Francis Raymond (I think he's a fullback - but retrain maybe pace is good in this formation for defenders)
Jan Oblak GK very good and cheap
Bayram Cayli GK worlds best keeper for me

Zouma and Wilshire will become better in time... Both are wonderkids. Wanyama is coming along nicely, but should really at this time be rotation option. Fisher is a wonderkid but is really an AML.. But have been using him as a ST, he should also become better. Giround is my best player, his all round stats are very good, without him I would potentially struggle, as most of the team are young players, not many over 26 and most are 24 or under.

Thank you for the advice and I will take it all on board..

Alright a few matches has been played I'll post them below and in the OP
Vs. Granada
View attachment 337388

Vs. Espanol
View attachment 337387

Vs. Chelsea Away CH League
View attachment 337386

Vs. Chelsea away stats look at klinger's key passes
View attachment 337385

Vs. Valencia (Reserve Squad) Same level team as chelsea
View attachment 337384

Vs. Chelsea Home (Injury affected)
View attachment 337383

In general I think I can be satisfied with this string of matches - I can tell you I have just switched to attacking movement and within the next 3 matches I can tell you if that is a reallt good idea. I'm now thinking that teamwork is the best to use, but not yet fully convinced. I'll check back with you on this one.

Cheers Pals

A quick update as I just played the Arsenal save tonight. Have so far played 7 EPL games with 6 wins and a surprise 1-0 away defeat, however have scored 23 goals and conceded only 1, so is good.. 3 games in FA Cup 2 wins and a draw, but won replay against Chelsea 4-1... Perhaps best result in CL 1st round 1st leg at home against Bayern, won that game 4-0 with Bayern not having a single chance in the entire game. Is good so far and fast attacking football, with fantastic defence, although I do have good CD now in my team.

A quick update as I just played the Arsenal save tonight. Have so far played 7 EPL games with 6 wins and a surprise 1-0 away defeat, however have scored 23 goals and conceded only 1, so is good.. 3 games in FA Cup 2 wins and a draw, but won replay against Chelsea 4-1... Perhaps best result in CL 1st round 1st leg at home against Bayern, won that game 4-0 with Bayern not having a single chance in the entire game. Is good so far and fast attacking football, with fantastic defence, although I do have good CD now in my team.

Sounds good - will you keep using it?

I would love to hear more about this. At the moment I'm trying to clean my computer - So boring but has to be done. In FM13 I'm currently looking into the creation of a tactic I call "The Formation Football Manager 2013". Its inspired by a goal exploit tactic from fm12, but has nothing to do with it and for now the goal is not to make a goal exploit, but more a consistant tactic.

I will ofcause also look at Gooaall262 to make that better.

Cheers pal

I will continue with the save.. Am also doing a few other saves as well.. So will update as and when I can.. Perhaps when season is over in this Arsenal save.

Attacking movement still for me, though I think Teamwork might be the winner. I look at amount of shots on target instead of clear cut's and half chances. Defensive positioning seems to unreliable with this and have to many shots of target. By the way consider to creative freedom tweak your players. CF=0 is maybe not bad for your biggest stars, in defence though i think cf=10 could be the way to go. this is a new thing im trying to do some eperiments with.

Cheers pals

Hi Jes, could you tell me why the passing style of the MR is different to the ML? one is direct but the other is mixed?

Hi Jes, could you tell me why the passing style of the MR is different to the ML? one is direct but the other is mixed?

Obvious mistake
they should both be at the same direct notch - its a direct tactic. My apologies

One of my buddies just won 10-0 vs Dortmund with plug and play freedom - so feel free to conquer the world with this one. I bet he will put up screenshots later :)

If you decide to use it as well I would appreciate to hear how you are going with it

Cheers

Freedom Version 2 - Download Here

Whats New...

The 3 defenders + the 1 DMC have the same settings as in the Marcelo tactic because this was a very successful part of Galego's tactic. The rest is adrenalin or epo attack

Winger corrected Both wingers have the same passing slider set - More direct.

For the average teams lower CF to 10 for all players or teams that suck CF=0

This version is untested and if someone wanna try it please post your screenshots for everyone to see.

Cheers