Pokemon..

• Thread starter rosenrot
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 82K
Just got this game.... found the designs of the new pokemon awful though the graphics are nicer now. :(

Is the new Pokemon game worth buying? Also looking at soulsilver and Heartgold

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Bump. Advice please?

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Bump. Advice please?
maybe if your 7 years old

Bump. Advice please?

Get HG or SS instead, much better IMO, the Pokemons in the black and white are f**k ugly.

It's a quality game mate, but then again I practically have every Pokemon game.

I was hardcore up to Gold and Silver. Then just never invested in a DS. Strongly considering it now though.

Get HG or SS instead, much better IMO, the Pokemons in the black and white are f**k ugly.

I may just get them all tbh. Seen a deal on Amazon for HG, SS and Platinum for £88ish. Thought that was not bad, but I would probably look for 2nd hand games so I'm not spending a **** load.

Not greatly put, but I agree.

If you prefer the older games, you'll prefer HG and SS because of the Pokemon. There are good ones in the newest game, but people only look at the idiotic ones.

The gameplay is very good in HG and SS, but it's been improved on B&W and the new visuals are great, but I feel you would prefer HG and SS.

Not greatly put, but I agree.

If you prefer the older games, you'll prefer HG and SS because of the Pokemon. There are good ones in the newest game, but people only look at the idiotic ones.

The gameplay is very good in HG and SS, but it's been improved on B&W and the new visuals are great, but I feel you would prefer HG and SS.

I'm going to get both, start with HG and SS then move onto B&W because then I'll be like

:O wow!

I'm hoping anyway. I can't remember much of Gold and Silver but I read today HG and SS are slightly based on them? ***** or truth TheBeardofZeus?

I'm going to get both, start with HG and SS then move onto B&W because then I'll be like

:O wow!

I'm hoping anyway. I can't remember much of Gold and Silver but I read today HG and SS are slightly based on them? ***** or truth TheBeardofZeus?

HG and SS are the remakes, just like FireRed and LeafGreen.

It's a great game, with all 16 badges, your leading Pokemon follows you round like on Yellow, and you get a Pokewalker where you transfer a Pokemon to the device which is like a pedometer, and you walk around and gives that Pokemon EXP.

The only problem? When you get to Kanto, the last 8 gyms, the Wild Pokemon are low levels, like 10's, whereas your Pokemon should be in their 50's, which is annoying, but it's a very good game.

HG and SS are the remakes, just like FireRed and LeafGreen.

It's a great game, with all 16 badges, your leading Pokemon follows you round like on Yellow, and you get a Pokewalker where you transfer a Pokemon to the device which is like a pedometer, and you walk around and gives that Pokemon EXP.

The only problem? When you get to Kanto, the last 8 gyms, the Wild Pokemon are low levels, like 10's, whereas your Pokemon should be in their 50's, which is annoying, but it's a very good game.

In conclusion then, worth buying I assume?

Thought the storyline in B/W was fairly short myself. Graphics have increased, yet as has been mention some of the pokemon designs are terrible.

In conclusion then, worth buying I assume?

I wanted to re-live the childhood slightly so decided to buy SS and it has been great, well worth it. I've never used the pokewalker but that's just me.

Right deffo getting SS or HG, not sure which one to get though. I'm sold on getting it, but need to know what one to buy ? Played Silver as a wee boy, fave game of all time, tempted to get gold solely for Ho-Oh though :p Which one has better Pokemon, etc. ?

Right deffo getting SS or HG, not sure which one to get though. I'm sold on getting it, but need to know what one to buy ? Played Silver as a wee boy, fave game of all time, tempted to get gold solely for Ho-Oh though :p Which one has better Pokemon, etc. ?

you can get ho-oh on both, as you can lugia.

version exclusives.

HeartGold
056 Mankey Fighting
057 Primeape Fighting
058 Growlithe Fire
059 Arcanine Fire
138 Omanyte Rock Water
139 Omastar Rock Water
167 Spinarak Bug Poison
168 Ariados Bug Poison
207 Gligar Ground Flying
226 Mantine Water Flying
231 Phanpy Ground
232 Donphan Ground
302 Sableye Dark Ghost
343 Baltoy Ground Psychic
344 Claydol Ground Psychic
347 Anorith Rock Bug
348 Armaldo Rock Bug
382 Kyogre Water
458 Mantyke Water Flying
472 Gliscor Ground Flying

SoulSilver
037 Vulpix Fire
038 Ninetales Fire
052 Meowth Normal
053 Persian Normal
140 Kabuto Rock Water
141 Kabutops Rock Water
165 Ledyba Bug Flying
166 Ledian Bug Flying
225 Delibird Ice Flying
227 Skarmory Steel Flying
216 Teddiursa Normal
217 Ursaring Normal
303 Mawile Steel
316 Gulpin Poison
317 Swalot Poison
345 Lileep Rock Grass
346 Cradily Rock Grass
383 Groudon Ground

you can get ho-oh on both, as you can lugia.

version exclusives.

HeartGold
056 Mankey Fighting
057 Primeape Fighting
058 Growlithe Fire
059 Arcanine Fire
138 Omanyte Rock Water
139 Omastar Rock Water
167 Spinarak Bug Poison
168 Ariados Bug Poison
207 Gligar Ground Flying
226 Mantine Water Flying
231 Phanpy Ground
232 Donphan Ground
302 Sableye Dark Ghost
343 Baltoy Ground Psychic
344 Claydol Ground Psychic
347 Anorith Rock Bug
348 Armaldo Rock Bug
382 Kyogre Water
458 Mantyke Water Flying
472 Gliscor Ground Flying

SoulSilver
037 Vulpix Fire
038 Ninetales Fire
052 Meowth Normal
053 Persian Normal
140 Kabuto Rock Water
141 Kabutops Rock Water
165 Ledyba Bug Flying
166 Ledian Bug Flying
225 Delibird Ice Flying
227 Skarmory Steel Flying
216 Teddiursa Normal
217 Ursaring Normal
303 Mawile Steel
316 Gulpin Poison
317 Swalot Poison
345 Lileep Rock Grass
346 Cradily Rock Grass
383 Groudon Ground

Ffs, the narrows it down no more than it already was :p I'll just go into the shop and lift the first one I see then :D Cheers anyways pal :)

just started a new game of leaf green a few days back, liking the old child hood memories but in better graphics lol. The thing in my work is having pokemon on their BB anyone got it?