Poll of the Week #2: Do You Use Downloaded Tactics?

Do You Use Downloaded Tactics?

• All The Time

Votes: 298 27.6%
  • Just When Struggling

Votes: 311 28.8%
  • Never

Votes: 469 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you use downloaded tactics?

Discuss...

yeah same, I generally make my own, but when I fail download them :)

depends, i make my own generally, but ive used jp woodys and kofloks as well before as they both seem to be pretty good tactics :)

Try and use my own but when not working i do look around the site for improvements...

No. Im not plagiarist :)
I like to create my own style of playing. Little bit mix of Arsenal(passing), Chelsea(strenght) and Man Utd(counter attack goals) :)

Sometimes use my own, but in general I download them and tweak them

I used them in FM10, but now I realize that to build a strong team, you'll have to mix the talents in your team (although I am a rookie in tactic making)

I never do. It is impossible to make a tactic that suits all teams. I prefer to make one that suits the team I'm with, to maximise effectiveness.

Use my own until something better comes along :)

Use my own. Even if I'm struggling I won't download. Don't see the point when I can just use the default 4-4-2 and work from there

i never do now have tried in the past but now think its best to create your own as it seems to work best and is more satisfiying when you get it right,as i play with wednesday i find the majority of tactics on here are no good as there mostly for teams like barcelona or arsenal utd etc and have to have like the best world class players to use it,im not a fan at all of uploaded tatics

never have and probs never will. Using someone elses tactic is basically having someone play your game for you

It depends for me, if my own tactic fails, then i will download one, and then continue cycle.

I use my own. I don't see the point of using someone else's TBH. It is such an integral part of the game - so if you are using someone else's tactics are you really playing the game? Or just selecting players?

I agree with GC. Ideally, you want to make a tactic that fits your teams strength's and your players strength's best. If you make your own tactic, you have an understanding of what you are trying to achieve within your formation and what to change in certain situations. You don't get that with someone elses tactic.

Last edited:
I use my own. I don't see the point of using someone else's TBH. It is such an integral part of the game - so if you are using someone else's tactics are you really playing the game? Or just selecting players?

I agree with GC. Ideally, you want to make a tactic that fits your teams strength's and your players strength's best. If you make your own tactic, you have an understanding of what you are trying to achieve within your formation and what to change in certain situations. You don't get that with someone elses tactic.

Ideally that would be amazing but...and I don't mean to sound like a broken record, because I say this all the time. The match engine is ****! It doesn't matter how you set out usually, the best tactics are those that exploit the system, it's a shame because you can spend a good hour and a half working on a perfect system that suit's your team and it won't matter.

I use my own. Which is probably why I'm really bad at the game, and the reason I get so annoyed. But I wouldn't get any satisfaction from using someone else's tactics.