ninjaskill

Reaction score
Porto have easily been one of the best teams in Portugal however, recently haven't won a trophy for the last two years I will try and more European success as well. Along with obviously make a profit on all players that I buy, as is the Porto way.

Squad Overview

View attachment 216642
It's a quality squad that I have to work with and I will look for additions at left and right back soon.

Key Players

Cristian Tello

View attachment 216641The on-loan Barcelona winger is a threat down either side and should be a quality player for us and I may look to add him permanently if he does well.

Gianelli Imbula

View attachment 216639The new signing at defensive midfield should do well and hold the spot down until Rueben Neves comes through to a great player.

Yacine Brahami

View attachment 216638The Algeria international is a threat in any of the attacking midfield places and has interest in him from Man City already so may not see out the season with us.

Vincent Aboubakar
View attachment 216633The front man should be lethal for us and I am looking forward to managing him as I have never done it in FM. He should be more than quality for the Portuguese League.

Iker Casillas

View attachment 216630The ex-Real keeper supplants long term number one Helton as stating keeper and can hopefully rediscover his best form at Porto.

Hot Prospects

Despite being known for buying in talent Porto has a number of great young talents. I'll show the ones who will play a role this season and any that join up will be shown later.

Diogo Verdasca

View attachment 216628

The young centre back will rotate in and out of the squad to get some experience and could become a great player.

Andre Silva

View attachment 216627
The young rotated striker can become great and will have a great role model in Aboubakar. He should play in easier games and can hopefully have an impact.

Reuben Neves
View attachment 216622The young defensive mid is the best known of the youngsters and will play a role behind Imbula but, will get game time in big matches as he is at that stage where he is on the cusp of being a full time first team player.

Transfers and pre season will be up next​

Transfer Overview

As usual for me a lot of people come in a few left all of them for profit as this is Porto after all.

Outgoings

Just quick overview of all of the players who left us

Silvestre Varela

The ex-West Brom loanee moved to the Premier League on a permanent deal to Swansea. He was sold for 4 million Euros all of which was profit as he came on a free.

Helton

Due to his high wages for a backup long term number 1 Helton left to Lorient for 1.6 million euros. The fans were not pleased but, at least we made 100k profit and got a lot of wages off the budget.

Bruno Martins Indi

He wanted to leave for PSG and I was happy for that to happen. We got a deal that worked for us 17.5 million ten up front the rest over 12 months and a quarter of his next fee. Also, he appears to have the world's worst agent as he only got 20k a week out of PSG less than 1% of the wage bill. Hardly a wage rise.

Evandro

As I had an 1 to many players to register one had to go and I choose him. He left for Crystal Palace for 8.5 million a great return on the 2.3 spent on him and a bit of money saved on wages.

I also loaned a decent number of youngsters out to get a better level of football than the Portuguese second division.

Incomings

We had eleven incomings that could arrive due to age restrictions so I will go through them. I had twenty million to spend and after cancelling loans for Layun and Cissokho and saved around sixty grand a week in wages to add to the 100 I already had.

I missed out on two players Melfi from River picked Liverpool and Lucas Lima picked Chelsea over us. Other than that I got all the players I wanted.

Eder Alvarez Balanta
View attachment 216619Who? I hear you all ask well he is a Columbian centre back from River who I beat Leicester to sign. He cost a very cheap 4 million euros all up front so the deal will pay off over time and we should make a profit.

Augusto Batalla
View attachment 216618The young Argentinian keeper signed from River again for 4.5 million set off by the sale of Helton and far lower wages. He should develop into a great player and be a great long term keeper.

Caju
View attachment 216617We signed the young left back from Santos for three million euros and he will back up to Jose Angel for a few years before possibly taking over. A good buy at a cheap price.

Daniel Guedes
View attachment 216616
This time a right back poached from Santos for 2.3 million he is the third option at right back and should get some decent minutes this year.

Thiago Maia
View attachment 216615
Another player that I signed from Santos the DM signed for 5.75 million and has great potential he should become a great player over time and he was a signing for his price.

Rodrigo Caio
View attachment 216615Signed from Sao Paulo the twenty one year old centre back will join at the start of the next year. He should be a quality addition for 3.9 million.

Mayke
View attachment 216614I signed the Cruzeiro right back to take over from Maxi Periera soon and become first team right back. I feel I signed him for a great price.

Frederic Maciel
View attachment 216613I re-signed a player who only left in the summer as I rate him. He rejoined for 2.5 million and was loaned out to Cyprus for the year.

Alisson
View attachment 216612Another Cruzeiro signing is the winger Alisson who adds great quality to the wings and should be a quality edition for 3.5 million.

Caio
View attachment 216611
The fourth and final signing from Santos was the AMC Caio he joined for 1.8 million and promptly loaned out to get first team experience.

Saviour Godwin
View attachment 216609
The final signing from Oostende for 2.2 mellowness the young Nigerian striker who will be staying there for a year so he continues getting first team football.

So that is all the signings made I spent a bit more than I earned but, I will have lots of room to move in January​

August Update

We had three matches in August including hosting title rival Sporting that will be a good indicator of how well we do this season. Our quality over other teams can be shown as our B team beat a couple of Premier League sides.

Tactic
View attachment 216317This is the tactic that I will be using with a different line up for bigger games. Depending on the striker it will be either an advanced forward or a complete forward.

Porto 1-0 Sporting
View attachment 216310We start the season well edging out title rival Porto in a close fought match. One of 8 debutants Alberto Bueno had a great start to his Porto career rounding off a great counter attack from a Sporting corner that Imbula launched. Brahimi squared the ball to Bueno and he struck his effort low past the keeper after 20 minutes. Neither side created many great chances and we just edged the game and just earned the win.

A quick look at all the players who made their debuts. Andre Silva from the youth team made his debut the rest were transfers.
View attachment 216309
Pacos de Ferreira 0-2 Porto
View attachment 216308
A heavily rotated side faced Pacos and struggled in the first half. The introduction of Aboubakar, Brahimi and Alisson at half time made the difference as we won two nil. Five minutes later Brahimi scored his first goal of the season, Alisson hit a cross field pass to Brahimi just outside the box and he fired a volley past the keeper into the top corner. Aboubakar grabbed his first goal of the season volleying in a Caju cross to make it two nil. A good win and again a lot of debuts.

Five players made their debut Verdasca and Guedes both made their debuts from the academy.View attachment 216307

Porto 2-0 Uniao Maderia
View attachment 216301Again a rotated side played with Andre Silva grabbing two assists in his second start. Alisson grabbed his first Porto goal half volleying past the keeper from and Andre Silva knockdown to give us the lead after 25 minutes. Bueno had a penalty saved before Brahimi grabbed a second goal after he played a 1-2 with Andre Silva in the box before curling an effort around the keeper to wrap the game up after 51 minutes. Silva impressed the most of the back ups and should see some playing time as third choice striker.

Champions League Group
View attachment 216300We were second seeds and got a decent draw and I expect us to finish second behind Barca anything below is unacceptable.

Premier League Table

View attachment 216296We stand third on goal difference despite not having let a goal in. Life after Jorge Jesus hasn't started well for Sporting but, their first three matches were awful us, Benfica and Braga​

Great start mate! Porto are a great club to do a story with, they're very well run!

Great start mate! Porto are a great club to do a story with, they're very well run!

Thanks, I made a loss in the first window and felt like I betrayed them. The scouts are incredible though

September Update

A busy month after the international break we had two Champions League games and three matches in the league.

Tello got injured during the break and the greatly named Andre Andre scored his first goal for Portugal.

Tello will miss two to three weeks after straining his stomach muscle.
View attachment 216251

Boavista 0-4 Porto
View attachment 216250
I played a near full strength side and we smashed Boavista 4-0 with all of the assists coming from defenders oddly enough. Osvaldo scored from the spot after Balanta was fouled from a corner, his effort going high down the middle for the goal after 13 minutes. We then scored our next goal after a long gap on 82 minutes Alisson fired in after a Mayke cross deflected off a defender. Aboubakar got in on the action firing a Jose Angel cross across his body and in at the far post for a great finish. Alisson grabbed his second heading the ball back across goal from the back post from another Jose Angel cross.

Porto 1-0 Ajax
View attachment 216247A big win in our first Champions League game that could be vital in the fight for second. Bueno again cam up to grab a vital goal after 14 minutes he took down a Maxi Pereira cross and despite being at a tight angle he fired his shot in just inside the far post. A big win as we held onto grab three points to start our Champions League game.

Rio Ave 3-3 Porto
View attachment 216231After taking a two goal lead we almost threw the game away as we fell behind and dropped our first points of the season. We lead after 4 minutes Jose Angel chipped a pass to Brahimi and he took a touch and fired past the keeper for a great goal. After 10 minutes we doubled our lead with Aboubakar volleying in a Pereira cross from a counter that Imbula again started from a corner. The we crumbled in the second half Ukra scoring the first goal against us this season tapping in a rebound. Yazalde then fired past Casillas when one on one to equalise the game after 61 minutes. Lionn scored from the spot a few minutes later to put us behind for the first time this season. Jose Angel was our saviour as minutes after Aboubakar hit the post Balanta flicked on a header and Jose Angel smacked his header in off of the post to rescue a point. We only dropped two points in the end not an awful result.

Nacional de Madeira 0-3 Porto
View attachment 216226Bueno again came up trumps for us as he fired a hat trick in to give us the win staring in a rotated side. He scored a goal after 14 minutes Alisson fed Bueno the ball in the box he turned his man and passed the ball into the corner to give us the lead. After 78 minutes Brahimi intercepted a poor punt in Madeira's half and passed the ball to Bueno 25 yards out. His effort was right at the keepers chest but he could only flap it onto the bar then the post before the ball crossed the line. Bueno wrapped up his hat trick late on when he received a pass from Brahimi in the box and again passed it into the far corner to make it three nil.

Apoel 0-2 Porto
View attachment 216223
We avoid a slip up in Cyprus as two early goals put us past Apoel. After Alisson scored the rebound of a Brahimi shot we got an early lead. Aboubakar doubled the lead after 19 minutes taking a touch from a Alisson cross then firing past the keeper to give us the points.

Other News

Due to squad size Dani Osvaldo missed the Champions League squad and didn't react well to it.
View attachment 216220View attachment 216219
After the chat he angrily demanded a transfer which I was happy to accept as I felt that he is earning to much for his skill level.

Among lots of coaches added was Gerd Müller. Who better is their to teach strikers how to play.View attachment 216218
We also draw lower league side Vianense in the Taca de Portugal
View attachment 216216

Premier League Table
View attachment 216217
We are top and hopefully will stay there for the rest of the season. Sporting have recovered from their bad start a bit.

Champions League Group A

View attachment 216215
Barcelona and I are joint top on six points and have our two games against each other next.

Following!! (Even though Porto is my least favourite team in the world alongside Chelsea and Tottenham)

PS. Can you post a Screenshot of Andre Andre and Danilo Pereira please!!

Following!! (Even though Porto is my least favourite team in the world alongside Chelsea and Tottenham)

PS. Can you post a Screenshot of Andre Andre and Danilo Pereira please!!

Thanks, I'll get them up in soon

October Update

We would have our toughest match of the season hosting Barcelona as we look to stay unbeaten in all competitions, along with hosting Braga in the league

Porto 5-0 Estoril
View attachment 216023The result isn't a massive shock as my B team beat them in pre-season. Andre Silva grabbed a brace for his first Porto goals. After 3 minutes he volleyed in an Alisson cross when he was left unmarked six yards out. He scored the second goal of the game after 50 minutes as he scored an identical goal on the other side of the pitch again knocking in an Alisson cross. Balanta headed in a Maxi Pereira throw at the near post two minutes later. Just before the hour mark a defender beat Andre Silva to a Jose Angel cross but, put it in his own net to make it 4-0. Alisson grabbed a late fifth firing past the keeper after Pereira found him in space in the box.

International Injuries
View attachment 216022
Maxi Pereira broke his foot playing for Uruguay so will miss 4-5 months and leave me with one senior right back.

Vianense 1-4 Porto
View attachment 216021
As I played a somewhat rotated side against Estoril some first teamers played in the cup tie. Aboubakar opened the scoring slotting in a Jose Angel cross from close range after seven minutes. Three minutes later he grabbed a second his own effort from outside the box deflected to him and he smashed the ball into the top corner, a great goal to make it two nil. He grabbed his hat trick after 37 minutes slotting in the rebound of a Hector Herrera shot. After 54 minutes Thiago Maia got sent off on his debut with two yellows in 3 minutes which is annoying as he had looked very goo up until then. Ivan Marcano headed in a corner to make it four on the hour mark. Vianense grabbed a late consolation goal with Djumo scoring when one on one. We easily advance to the next round of the cup.

We will face another lower league team in the next round the 1st of DecemberView attachment 216017
Porto 1-0 Barcelona
View attachment 216016In what was a poor match we snuck a victory over Barcelona in the highlight of managing Porto so far. Alisson scored after two minutes as he volleyed in at the back post from a Ramona cross from Barcelona loanee Tello. We actually had more possession though Casillas twice denied an in on goal Suarez to ensure we top the group with 9 points. Alisson got a late injury that will see him miss two weeks.

Academica 0-0 Porto
View attachment 216015We get hit with the continental hangover as we struggled to break down Academica. We hit the bar and the post late on but, couldn't grab a goal.

We also lose Alberto Bueno by far our best AMC for 3-4 months with Achilles problems
View attachment 216014

Porto 3-2 Braga
View attachment 216013We edge past Braga in what was a tightly contested affair. A 13th minute injury to Tello forced me to go to a 4-4-2 formation. Young striker Andre Silva gave us the lead after 32 minutes Aboubakar played him in and he fired into the roof of the net leaving the keeper no chance. Rafa Silva levelled the match just before half time volleying in a Felipe Augusto chip from just outside the box. After 51 minutes Corona regained us the lead with his first goal for Porto smacking in a loose ball that fell to him six yards out from a uncleared Brahimi cross. Hassan levelled the game soon after as a cross went through a group of players from both teams he fired a low drive past Casillas. Corona grabbed the winner after 65 minutes with a rebound of a Brahimi shot that hit the post. A good win for us that was well deserved.

Tello becomes our third long term injury of the month as he gets shin splints and will miss 2 months.View attachment 216012
Premier League Table
View attachment 216011

We sit just behind Benfica and I hope to make up the difference next month and end it top. Braga are having a poor start to the season while Tondela struggle to stop drawing.

Champions League Group A
View attachment 216010

We sit top and three more points should see us through and we have a chance of finishing top of the group depending on how we do in Barcelona​

Great win over Barcelona mate!

Will be a massive game in the League when you play Benfica!

Doing superbly so far!

Thanks a good start but, we should be dominating in the league we have almost 35 times the wage budget of most teams

Great win over Barcelona mate!

Will be a massive game in the League when you play Benfica!

Thanks, first game next month is Barcelona then Benfica so it's big two games

November Update

The month starts with two massive games against Barca and Benfica before a cup tie, a league game and match against Ajax.

Barcelona 3-1 Porto
View attachment 215900Disappointing to get a first loss as Porto boss. Barcelona were to good and deserved the win. Suarez scored after 3 minutes Neymar went on a great run and then passed to a possibly offside Suarez and he slotted past Casillas to give them the lead. Neymar added a second after 5 minutes Messi passed to Neymar and he curled an effort in off the post a beautiful shot and Casillas had no chance. Here I thought we were in for a massive hammering and after 18 minutes I didn't think it would get better as Suarez scored again with a great finish around Casillas. Aboubakar pulled a goal back just after the hour heading in an Andre Silva cross.

Benfica 1-2 Porto
View attachment 215899
We won a big match after the loss to Barcelona. We scored almost 27 seconds after kick off with Alisson smacking in a loose ball after Corona was tackled in the box. Herrera doubled the lead after 4 minutes Balanta knocked back a corner and Herrera curled a great effort in to make it 2-0 early on. Talisca pulled a goal back after 11 minutes volleying in a corner. We held on to win the big game and claim a big three points.

International Injuries

View attachment 215898View attachment 215897

We lost another couple of players in the international break Reuben Neves will miss 6-7 weeks with a knee injury and Balanta will miss 2-3 months also with knee problems.

This gives us a long injury list and it is full of long term injuriesView attachment 215896

1st of December 0-7 Porto
View attachment 215893An emphatic win in the cup for us despite the rotated side. Brahimi opened the scoring from the spot after 10 minutes. Andre Silva added to it two minutes later heading in a Caju cross from close range. Brahimi grabbed his second heading in an Alisson cross at the back post. He finished his hat trick taking down a Caju cross and slotting it past the keeper. Corona powered a twenty yard drive past the keeper just before the hour mark to add to the scoreline. Ivan Marcano headed in two corners to give us the seven goal win.

We get a tough draw for the next round SportingView attachment 215891

Ajax 0-0 Porto
View attachment 215892It was a match that we dominated but, could not get a goal. However, we got a point that will see us through to the next round. We also still have a chance of winning the group as Barcelona could only draw against APOEL.

Vit. Setubal 2-2 Porto
View attachment 215888It was a game of three own goals as we rescue a last minute draw to avoid a league defeat. Settable took the lead after 36 minutes with a shot hitting the post and then going in off him. Maicon doubled their lead just before half time Casillas saving a shot when a striker was in on goal. The shot hit off him and then Maicon and rolled over the line. Aboubakar scored 6 minutes after half time to pull a goal back volleying in a Jose Angel cross. We then grabbed a late equaliser through another own goal. Aboubakar knocked an Andre Silva cross on target and the keeper tipped it onto the post but, a defender cleared the ball into the goal to give us the equaliser.

Premier League Table
View attachment 215887We have a small lead over Benfica who look to be are only title rival this year.

Champions League Table
View attachment 215886
We've qualified as we have a superior head to head with Ajax and can finish top if we beat Barcelona's result in the last match.

Other News
View attachment 215885
I asked the board to consider adding another feeder team and they were happy to do so and we linked with Independiente.

View attachment 215884
I also signed a new long term deal with Porto keeping me their until 2019​

December Update

We had a good month with a nice set of fixtures that we did well with.

Porto 5-1 Maritimo
View attachment 215610We easily beat Maritimo to stay at the top of the table. Alisson gave us the lead after 21 minutes rounding a rapid counter attack off by tapping the ball in when Aboubakar squared the ball to him when in on goal. Alisson grabbed a second tapping the ball in at the far post from a Jose Angel cross. Aboubakar volleyed in a Corona cross after the half hour to make it 3-0. Just before half time Casillas spilt a shot into the goal to leave them hope. Five minutes after half time we regained our three goal lead. Brahimi poking the ball in at the back post from a Alisson cross. Around the hour mark Herrera scored with a beautifully placed shot from just inside the box to wrap the game up.

Porto 5-1 APOEL
View attachment 215609We smashed APOEL but, finished second in the group as Barcelona also won. Alisson scored twice five minutes apart first just after the half hour mark cutting past his man in the box and firing low past the keeper to give us the lead. He grabbed his second beating two men before scoring the rebound of his own shot. 10 minutes after half time Aboubakar headed in an Alisson cross to extend our lead. 10 minutes after we added to our tally after a Caju cross was turned into APOEL's net by a defender. Andre Andre turned in the box and fired a low drive into the corner for our fifth goal. APOEL pulled a goal back with a great 25 yard drive that left Casillas with no chance.

Porto 5-1 Arouca
View attachment 215597
Andre Silva grabbed a hat trick to help us beat Arouca for another 5-1 scoreline. He opened the scoring after two minutes firing in from 12 yards after an Alisson cut back. Arouca scored an own goal a minute later with a Ivan Marcano shot from a corner taking a massive deflection to beat the keeper. Andre Silva grabbed his second after 18 minutes volleying in a Jose Angel cross after being left unmarked at the back post. Aboubakar scored after Andre Silva was tackled in the box and the loose ball fell to him and he smashed it into the empty goal for 4-0. Andre Silva scored an injury time penalty to round off his first hat trick for Porto. Arouca pulled a goal back in the second half Vaz Te found Roberto in the box and he finished from close range.

Porto 3-1 Sporting Taca da Portugal 5th round
View attachment 215596A good win sees a potential cup winner knocked out and us in the next round. Andre Silva garbbing a hat trick after coming on at half time saw us through. Sporting took the lead after 37 minutes Tanaka volleying in after a great Carillo run and cross. Silva scored his first just after the hour scoring the rebound of Herrera's spilled shot. He grabbed his second 8 minutes later Osvaldo passing to him in the box and he smashed his effort over the keeper and in to give us the lead. He wrapped the game up with his hat trick after 82 minutes rising highest to head in a Jose Angel cross to give us the cup win.

Moreirense 0-2 Porto
View attachment 215595Two early goals gave us all three points in this clash. Aboubakar scored after 4 minutes volleying in a Alisson cross from close range. Corona doubled the lead 4 minutes later heading in a Jose Angel cross from close range to wrap up the game.

Portuguese League Cup Draw
View attachment 215593
Each team plays each other once and only the team that finishes top gets through so 1 poor result and you could be out.

Porto 2-0 Nacional da Madeira
View attachment 215592We win our first match of the competition with a good two nil win. Alisson jumped a tackle and then whipped in a cross that Brahimi knocked in at the back post to give us he lead after 15 minutes. We doubled our lead around the half an hour mark. A Brahimi cross was fired in by Aboubakar to give us the win in the first game of the cup.

Portuguese Premier League
View attachment 215591We have a bit of a lead on Benfica and Rio Ave who are the only other teams with the realistic chance of winning the league it looks.

Champions League Draw

Being a second seed means that we face a very good team in the draw.

View attachment 215589

We do get a challenging draw and will face Real Madrid in the first round of the Champions League draw.

However, group winners Barcelona didn't fare much better as they drew surprise second seed Bayern MunichView attachment 215588

Other News
View attachment 215586Brahimi wants to leave for Manchester City and eventually I agreed to accept his request and will accept an offer if it comes in.

January Transfers

Their was a lot of activity in the January window along with the signings shown I got a number of players on frees including one who would have cost 30 million euros to sign early. However, I missed out on targets Yarmolenko and N'Kolou.

Outgoings

Yacine Brahimi
View attachment 215439
A deal had been arranged in December after he asked to leave. He will be going to the other side of Manchester though as Manchester United where the only team willing to stump up the 35 million euro price tag I put on him. Just before he left he won the African player of the year award.

Walter
View attachment 215423The striker who was on loan at Atletico Paranaense turned down a contract their after a 4 million euro bid had been accepted due to a clause in his loan agreement. This was good news for me as I managed to sell him for 22.5 million to Bayer Leverkusen instead.

Other than those two transfers it was just youngsters being loaned out.

Transfers Incoming

I bought a few young players for low fees most of whom were loaned out for the rest of the season.

Santiago Ascacibar
View attachment 215422
A slightly lesser known Estudiantes defensive midfielder signed for 3.5 million euros some over time and was loaned back to Defensa y Justica in Argentina for the year.

Gaston Gil Romero
View attachment 215421
A better known Estudiantes defensive midfielder joined for slightly less 3.5 million and chose to join us over Boca. He will stay at the club as a back up.

Capixaba
View attachment 215420The young Brazilian winger joined from Atletico Mineiro for 975k. He has good potential and he went to second division side Penafiel on loan for the rest of the season.

Gustavo Scarpa
View attachment 215419The Brazilian winger/attacking midfielder joined on deadline day to be the back up to Alisson and depth in the front three. He was 900k from Fluminese and looks a good player for the price.

Ezra Wailian
View attachment 215415The Ajax youngster was signed by my head of youth development for 850k. He should become a tricky winger but, has been loaned out to NEC for the rest of the season.

Bruno Cosenday
View attachment 215414The young Brazilian signed for 750k from Vasco. He looks like he could become a decent CDM but, for this season he is loaned out to Academica.

Che Nunnely
View attachment 215413A great signing from Ajax for 375k again made by my head of youth development. He is a great player with great potential for the future.

January Update

January was a busy month with 9 matches in 31 days that is a key month for our goals for this season and we have to do a good job.

Vit Guimaraes 0-1 Porto
View attachment 215406We edge past Guimaraes to pick up the three points. With Vincent Aboubakar scoring the only goal of the game. He scored the only goal after he capitalised on an awful back pass and rounded the keeper to tap the ball into the back of the net get us the only goal.

Tondela 1-1 Porto
View attachment 215400
A disappointing draw against the draw specialist Tondela. Aboubakar gave us the lead after 35 minutes from the spot. Maicon got sent off and gave away a penalty that Tondela scored. With ten men we couldn't create a chance to get the final goal that we needed for the three points.

Porto 1-0 Belenenses

Again we could only get a single goal however, Belenenses didn't exactly go for broke with a slightly defensive formation.View attachment 215399
Alisson scored the only goal of the game after the hour mark volleying in a deep cross at the back post to give us the win. Rodrigo Ciao got sent off for a second yellow card after 73 minutes but, we held on to claim all three points. However, have you ever seen such a defensive formation.

Taca do Portugal 6th round

Porto 1-0 Braga
View attachment 215396
Another 1 goal game and another clean sheet while Braga didn't get a shot on target. Corona grabbed the only goal of the game after 22 minutes he volleyed in a Mayke cross from six yards out to give us the win and see us into the two legged semi final.

We get second division Penafiel in the semi final so I expect us to make the final.View attachment 215391

Sporting 1-4 Porto
View attachment 215395We start playing teams for the second time and restart with Sporting. We finally score more than one goal and it sees us hammer Sporting. After 15 minutes Aboubakar gave us the lead beating a man and firing a great low shot beyond the keeper to give us the lead. Sporting hit back after 50 minutes Joao Maria played in Esagio and he smacked a low shot past Casillas. We retook the lead after the hour Alisson took down a Corona pass and then smacked a shot past the keeper. Andre Silva then scored four minutes later with a great bicycle kick from close range to extend the lead. He scored his second after 76 minutes Corona played him in and he smacked a shot high in off the post.

Porto 3-0 Varzim
View attachment 215390Another league cup win for us. Aboubakar gave us the lead after 2 minutes passing the ball into the back of the net from near the penalty spot after Sergio Olivera picked him out. An own goal extended our lead after half an hour a Sergio Olivera cross hit the post then the keeper put us two up. Aboubakar scored a second just before half time to ensure we got all three points for our second league cup game. His volleyed effort from a Mayke cross was tipped onto the post and crossed the line to give us the match.

Porto 2-0 P. Ferreira
View attachment 215388We grabbed the three points in a close match. Mayke gave us the lead with his first Porto goal after 39 minutes a Tello shot hit the post and Mayke was there to tap in the rebound from close range. Andre Silva grabbed after an hour heading a Tello cross into the top corner.

Freamunde 1-3 Porto
View attachment 215396We get into the League Cup semi final with 9 points beating second division Freamunde. Maicon put us into the lead after 39 minutes hitting in a free kick into the top corner from 20 yards out. Andre Silva added a second minutes into the second half as he blocked a keeper's attempted clearance then tapped the ball into an empty net for two nil. Mayke scored his second goal in two games after 1 hour a Herrera shot was pushed away Tello hit the post with his rebound and then Mayke scored that rebound. A minute later Freamunde pulled a goal back a nice run and good finish reduced our lead but, we held on to win the group and qualify for the next round.

Porto 4-0 Boavista
View attachment 215381We easily beat Boavista to keep our lead up on Benfica. Maicon grabbed his econd in two games just after 20 minutes hitting in a free kick from 25 yards out to give us the lead. Aboubakar added a second soon after heading in an Alisson cross from six yards out. He then scored a second goal after 72 minutes heading in another Alisson cross from slightly further out. Boavista were reduced to ten men before Alisson scored our last goal. He was left open in the box and smacked an effort in off the post.

Mayke was injured and will miss 1 month he will miss the first leg of the Real match along with Ronaldo who has broken his ankle.View attachment 215380

Transfer Overview
View attachment 215379Forgot to include this last time just a transfer overview in true Porto style we have made a near 40 million euro profit.

League TableView attachment 215378
We have a good lead over Benfica who seem to be our only rival for the title while Rio Ave look surprisingly likely to get Champions League football. While Tondela continue to have frequent draws but, haven't one since october

February Update

A big month as we face the first leg against Real Madrid and a number of games in the league and some cup semi finals.

Taca de Portugal Semi Final Leg 1

Penafiel 0-3 Porto
View attachment 215083
We do a good job in the first leg and should make the final. Aboubakar scored a ten minute hat trick that should see us through. He opened the scoring after ten minutes smashing the ball in from a Tello cross. He grabbed a second goal after 19 minutes a Maxi Pereira long throw caused chaos in the box and Aboubakar took advantage smacking the ball in to extend the lead. Two minutes later he finished his hat trick converting a Tello cross from close range. A good ten minutes should see us through.

Uniao Maderia 3-2 Porto
View attachment 215065 A disappointing first loss in Portuguese football to twelfth placed Uniao Madeira. They took the lead with a great counter attack after ten minutes with Elio Martins scoring from close range. Elio scored a second 35 minutes in when Maicon knocked a cross into his path and he knocked the ball past Casillas. Alisson pulled a goal back passing in a Daniel Guedes cross via the post. However, Uniao scored a few minutes later to put us two goals behind again. Amilton volleying in Filipe Chaby at the back post. Five minutes after half time we pulled a goal back with Tello scoring after Corona played him in. Aboubakar hit the bar late on but, we couldn't grab an equaliser.

Fortunately P. Ferreira drew with Benfica so they couldn't take full advantage of the loss.

Portuguese League Cup Semi Final

Porto 4-1 Benfica
View attachment 215062We get into the League Cup final after hammering Benfica. Talisca gave them the lead inside a minute curling a great effort around Iker Casillas. Ivan Marcano equalised after 14 minutes heading in a Maxi Pereira cross after a cleared throw in. We took the lead after 35 minutes Tello volleying in a Jose Angel cross at the back post. We extend our lead after 65 minutes Andre Silva volleying in a Caju cross from close range. Caju then scored his first goal after 87 minutes beating a man and then firing his effort into the top corner.

We will face Rio Ave in the finalView attachment 215059

Nacional da Madeira 0-1 Porto
View attachment 215057A late Andre Silva goal sees us get all three points despite struggling the entire match. After 83 minutes Andre Silva scored the winner Gustavo Scarpa on his debut played him in and he slotted the ball past the keeper to give us the game.

Andre Silva picked up a knock and will miss 3 weeksView attachment 215056

Porto 5-0 Rio Ave
View attachment 215054We hammer League Cup final opponent Rio Ave. Maicon stroked a ball in from twelve yards out after going forwards for a long throw to give us the lead after 16 minutes. We added to the lead after 24 minutes Aboubakar turned and picked out Tello and he hit a grass roller past the keeper and in. We grabbed a third goal after 57 minutes Bueno cut the ball back to Neves and he stroked the ball into the top corner from 16 yards out. Corona scored a similar goal 4 minutes later with Marcano passing the ball back from a broken down corner. Two minutes later we had a fifth a Scarpa shot taking a massive deflection and go in. We won by five goals despite only getting four shots on target in the match.

The next day Nacional da Madeira beat Benfica 1-0 to extend our lead by three points.

Porto 2-1 Real Madrid
View attachment 215053Ex-Real Madrid keeper Casillas played a massive part as we won the first leg against Real Madrid denying Bale and Benzema most notably multiple times. Aboubakar put us a goal up after 3 minutes heading in a Jose Angel cross from close range. He doubled his tally after 20 minutes Alisson had a shot saved by Navas but, Aboubakar got to it first and poked his effort over the line to double our lead. We were doing well until experienced right back Maxi Pereira got his second yellow card for a needless trip on James Rodriguez in Real's half. this meant that we would play 55 minutes with 10 men. After only five of them Benzema pulled a goal back for Real he was played in with lots of space and beat Casillas. I went far more defensive and Casillas along with the defence did a great job of ensuring that we got the victory heading to the Bernabeu.

Porto 5-0 Academica
View attachment 215047
We hammer Academica after Aboubakar scored all five goals and missed a penalty. After 13 minutes Aboubakar won and then missed a penalty. He made up for it 1 minute later turning the box and then firing an effort right into the top corner. He grabbed his second volleying in an Alisson cross from close range. He grabbed his hat trick after 38 minutes this time converting from the spot. His fourth came just before half time he took down a Jose Angel cross and beat the keeper. He got his fifth after 75 minutes volleying in a Daniel Guedes cross.

Portuguese Premier League Table

Forgot to take a picture of the table but, we are top of the table by 7 points.

Board Requests

View attachment 215045View attachment 215042
The board agreed to fund new youth and training facilities which is great and should help us improve in the long run