Smashing it in the league mate well played! Hopefully you can keep Madrid at bay in the 2nd leg, cracking read!

March Update

A big month where we face Braga, Real Madrid and then Benfica. Three good results could make a great season three bad results and the season could collapse.

Taca de Portugal Semi Final Leg 2

Porto 1(4-1)1 Penafiel
View attachment 215000A poor performance but, the hat trick in the first leg saw us through. Penafiel took the lead on the night Mbala scoring a nice goal hitting the roof of the net. Tello levelled on the night 5 minutes from the end. Bueno played him in and he finished well to ensure that we get through to the next round.

We play Vit. Guimaraes in the final
View attachment 214998

Estoril 0-3 Porto
View attachment 214996A nice three goal win away from home. Andre Silva gave us the lead 9 minutes in Alisson played him in and he fired low into the corner for the lead. 4 minutes later Bueno doubled the lead Herrera passed the ball to him in the box and his shot took a slight deflection as it went in. Tello scored after 75 minutes an Andre Silva shot was spilled and Tello got to the ball first and hit it in. Estoril went down to ten men late on when they had a man sent off for two yellow cards.

Porto 1-1 Benfica
View attachment 214995We dominated the game but, couldn't get the win. Vincent Aboubakar gave us the lead after 69 minutes firing in a Tello cross. Gaitan levelled the game after 80 minutes volleying in a Pizzi cross at the back post. A draw keeps us ahead in the title race.

Real Madrid 1(2-4)2 Porto
View attachment 214994We did it as the defence stayed strong and all played well and Aboubakar grabbed another brace against Real Madrid. Bale put them ahead after 15 minutes heading in a James Rodriguez cross. Aboubakar put us back ahead soon after playing a 1-2 with Tello and finished emphatically past Navas. He grabbed his second goal after 40 minutes to get us through Bueno played the ball to him in the box and he left Ramos in a twist before firing past Navas at a tight angle.

A great result for us and we make the next round putting out one of the big guns. It is also a big help financially.

The results in all the other sides. Group winners Barca are out.View attachment 214993
Chelsea and Juventus had some big second legs to get through.

View attachment 214992
We get last year's finalist Juve in the quarter final's a tough draw and we will have to be at our very best to get through.

Braga 0-1 Porto
View attachment 214991We edge past Braga to get all three points. Vincent Aboubakar grabbed the only goal of the game after 39 minutes as he seemed to knee the ball into the goal from 6 yards out. Maicon got sent off for two yellow cards after 77 minutes but, we held on for the 3 points.

Porto 2-0 Vit. Seutbal
View attachment 214987Andre Silva grabbed a second half brace to give us the win. He volleyed in a Tello cross from 3 yards out after 55 minutes. An awful back pass played him in and he took advantage firing low past the keeper to give us the win.

Premier League Table

Again forgot to screenshot the table but, we have a 7 point lead over Benfica and I swear I have it for next month

Next Season's budget
View attachment 214984I got next seasons budget after the win over Guimaraes confirmed that we would be i the Champions League. I'll get 13 million euros and a much bigger wage bill.​

Great result against Real mate!! Well done!

April Update

League Cup Final, Champions League Quarter Final vs. Juve and the Title run in April is a big month top form is needed.

Maritimo 4-3 Porto
View attachment 214207That didn't go as planned as Maritimo out gun us in a shootout for our second loss of the season. A crazy game that ended with both sides having injury time goals ruled out for offside. Joel put us behind after three minutes with a decent strike from 12 yards out. Who else but, Aboubakar then scored twice in quick succession to put us ahead first smacking in a loose ball from a Maxi Pereira cross then giving us the lead after 9 minutes heading in a Tello cross to quickly get the lead. Ivan Marcano put us another goal up minutes after half time poking in the rebound of an Aboubakar shot. Then after 51 minutes Maxi Pereira got sent off for his second needless yellow card and we imploded with ten men. Gabriel Xavier pulled a goal back for them after 58 minutes scoring when he had the ball squared to him to give him a tap in. Then they grabbed two goals in quick succession around 75 minutes Jean smashing an effort past Casillas when in on goal. He then finished his hat trick minutes later scoring from close range when a cross was pulled back from the goal line. Aboubakar had two late goals correctly ruled out for offside ad Maritimo had one as we pressed for an equaliser and they countered.

After the match Maxi Pereira was fined a weeks wages for the red card and this angered him and led to a small squad revolt View attachment 214206
Fortunately I won them round and promptly transfer listed Maxi PereiraView attachment 214205

Porto 1-2 Juventus

View attachment 214204
It was a big match and we just couldn't match Juventus. Aboubakar was ineffective and Mandzukic got a double for Juve. He put them ahead after 22 minutes slotting past Casillas when Khedria played him in. Maicon got sent off for two yellows just after the hour mark another needless red card. Mandzukic grabbed a second after the hour again beating Casillas when played in this time by Pogba. Andre Silva saved the day with a late goal volleying in a deep cross from Tello twelve yards out to give us some hope in Turin.

Porto 4-0 Moreirense
View attachment 214203We hammer Moreirense to get a win before the second Juve game. Herrera gave us the lead after two minutes scoring with a shot from just outside the box. Aboubakar soon added to the lead slamming in high from a very tight angle. Aboubakar grabbed his brace after 16 minutes lasering a shot into the top corner when Bueno played him in. Just before half time Scarpa grabbed a goal cutting inside and placing his shot around the keeper and in.

Alisson picked up a knock and will miss two weeks. Him and Maicon will be big misses for the second leg.

Juventus 2-2 Porto
View attachment 214202Two late goals see us crash out of Europe at the hands of Juve a very disappointing result. Mayke of all people pulled one goal back after 8 minutes Aboubakar found him on the counter and his shot from just inside the box went through Buffon's legs and in. 8 minutes after half time Andre Silva put us ahead overall Corona had a shot blocked and Andre Silva was on hand to pass the ball into the empty net. It was all looking rosy until Bonucci headed in a corner after 75 minutes to level the tie. Just as extra time was looming Mandzukic found space in the box and fired a low shot past Casillas to put Juve in the hat for the next round.

Portuguese League Cup Final

Porto have never won the league cup final that has been running for 8 years six of those times Benfica has won it.
View attachment 214201
Porto 2-0 Rio Ave
View attachment 214200A first trophy as Porto manager as we win the League Cup. Aboubakar had us a goal up after ten minutes a counter had a Herrera shot blocked and Aboubakar slammed in the rebound with the aid of a deflection. After 74 minutes Maicon got another red card for two yellows after taking a foul for the team. When Rio Ave where threatening Scarpa ensured victory Rio Ave's keeper attempted to roll the ball out but, missed his man and Scarpa fired a shot into the empty goal with his first touch. Rio Ave never threatened us and only got one shot on target as we took the league cup.
View attachment 214199

Arouca 1-1 Porto
View attachment 214196We seem to have hit a poor run of form at the key point of the season. Arouca took the lead after 37 minutes Leandro scoring the rebound of a Vaz Te shot. Imbula bailed us out on the hour mark getting his first Porto goal and making it a great one. From thirty yards out he took a touch and then curled his effort right into the top corner leaving the keeper with no chance.

Porto 4-0 Vit. Guimaraes
View attachment 214195We regain our form to hammer cup final opponents Guimaraes. Bueno gave us the lead after 22 minutes Tello found him from 10 yards out and Bueno beat the keeper to give us the lead. Aboubakar added to the lead seconds before half time taking in a Tello cross and rounding the defender before firing past the keeper from close range. Tello scored just after half time scoring the rebound of a Bueno rebound. Marcano headed in a corner after 80 minutes to ensure victory.

League Table
View attachment 214194
Two games left and we need one win to ensure the title goes to Porto.

Youth Intake

Forgot to say last month I had my youth intake it was decent but, nothing great.
View attachment 214192

Orlando Saraiva

View attachment 214190
The young AMC is the best of the lot and could develop into a very good player for the team. Some decentish technicals and he could hold down a first team spot.

Phillipe David

View attachment 214188
The young French/Portuguese centre back has some good potential and could play a rotation role in the future. Has some good stats for a CB already,

Fabio Godinho
View attachment 214186
A decent keeper from a youth intake is rare for me but, he could easily be the back up keeper and play in the cup games.

Contracts
View attachment 214185
Due to interest I tied down Aboubakar to a new deal the only risk is it does have a 72 million euro release clause. It is a lot but some teams may activate it.

Totally random question to any Porto fan who happens to be reading this. I was looking at the clubs favoured personnel and a random right back called Jackson who has never played in Portugal was one. I tried to see if their was a reason online but, their didn't appear to be. Is there some random reason he is liked or is it a mistake? The only thought I had was it could be Jackson Martinez mis-linked

May Update

Two trophies up for grabs in three matches can we do it.

Porto 2-1 Tondela
View attachment 214138
One down one to go. We sneak past already relegated Tondela to get the title away from Benfica. Aboubakar put us up after 13 minutes athletically volleying in a Mayke cross from ten yards out. Bueno added a second goal and the title winning goal Aboubakar cut the ball back from just on the goal line to Bueno and he fired the ball into the goal from six yards out. Tondela scored in the ninety second minute with a twenty yard free kick but, it made no difference as we won the title.
View attachment 214136View attachment 214135
A second trophy as the league is back in Porto's hands again.View attachment 214133

Belenenses 1-2 PortoView attachment 214137

A good win to end the season as we beat Belenenses. They took the lead just before half time Sturgeon dipping to head in a free kick. Tello levelled the game after 54 minutes firing in a Jose Angel cross at the back post. Andre Silva scored the winner after 63 minutes scoring his own rebound from close range after a volley from a Tello cross.

Final League TableView attachment 214134

We end up four points clear of Benfica and a massive 27 points clear of Sporting who snuck into the final Champions League spot. Braga disappointed finishing tenth while Tondela and Boa Vista were relegated. Chaves and Freamunde are promoted to the Premier League.

Taca de Portugal Final

​Going in to the final we got two pieces of bad news Bueno and Aboubakar both out due to strained stomach muscles.
View attachment 214167View attachment 214151

It is bad news however, I still think that we have the quality to win the final.

Vit. Guimaraes 2-0 Porto
View attachment 214165It was a game that we didn't show up for and we deservedly lost. Guimaraes took the lead after 67 minutes Valente had the ball squared to him on the counter. Casillas made a stunning save but, Valente fired in the rebound to put them up. After 79 minutes Sare stroked the ball in from 14 yards to consign us to defeat in the final a disappointing end to what had been a successful season.

View attachment 214164

End of Season Awards

View attachment 214144
The Portuguese National Player of the Year. Despite having only played senior football for 1 year Andre Silva was nominated which shows how good his first season of senior football has been.

View attachment 214142
Portuguese Forward of the Year. The two forwards that we have in the squad have both been nominated as Forward of the Year not a surprise as they are two of the top three scorers of the year.

View attachment 214139
Portuguese Full Back of the Year Award. Jose Angel and Mayke are up for the award and both have a decent chance of winning it.

Last edited:
End of Season Awards

Personality of the Year Award
View attachment 214118Not sure how this is judged but Julio Ceser beat Iker Casillas to the award.

Portuguese Player of the Year
View attachment 214117The top three were all Porto players which shows our domination. Alisson won the award after a great debut season in Portugal and also signed a new contract in the transfer window. Vincent Aboubakar came in at second after a great year and could have won the award easily. Barca loanee Tello came third which is impressive when you consider that he missed two months.
Most Assists Award
View attachment 214116Alisson won the award with 13 assists he also chipped in with 11 goals. Gaitan came second and Agra from Madeira came third.

Most Player of the Matches Award
View attachment 214114
We had no players in this award but, that isn't an awful thing Miguel Rosa won the award.

Top Goalscorer Award
View attachment 214113
Vincent Aboubakar easily wins the award with nine more than Jonas in second. Andre Silva got third in his first season of senior football despite only starting fourteen games less than half of the games.

Young Player of the Year AwardView attachment 214112
Despite being 23 Mayke won the young player of the year award he was great all season but, not that young.

Quickest Goal of the Season
View attachment 214110The quickest goal of the season award is also won by Alisson with his effort against Benfica.

Goal of the Season
View attachment 214109
Benfica loanee Murillo wins the goal of the season award.

Team of the YearView attachment 214107
We had 5 players in the team of the year. Maicon, Jose Angel, Alisson, Tello and Aboubakar all get into the team of the year.

Goalkeeper and Forward of the Year
View attachment 214105
Casillas finished second in the goalkeeper of the year award after Cesar. Aboubakar won the forward of the year award.

Portuguese Centre Back and Full Back of the Year Award
View attachment 214104
Maicon and Jose Angel won the respective awards that they fully deserved.

A very productive first year ! Unlucky with Juventus but you will get them this year ha ha !

A very productive first year ! Unlucky with Juventus but you will get them this year ha ha !

Thanks, hope to get to the Semi Finals next year but, it would be great to get their knocking out Juve

2015/16 Season Wrap Up

Just a few final things on what was quite a successful season.

European Championship 2016
View attachment 213929
We had three players go to the Euros. Iker Casillas and Cristian Tello for Spain and uncapped Andre Silva for Portugal who earned his first cap. Portugal lost on penalties in the Semi Final with Cedric and Ronaldo missing while England one overall a Sturridge brace winning it for England.View attachment 213928
Leagues Around Europe
View attachment 213927
Real won in Spain with Barca finishing behind Atletico. Sporting, Las Palmas and Eibar all went down.

View attachment 213926
Bayern overcame a poor start and went on to regain the title. Leverkusen, Frankfurt and Dortmund all make the Champions League. Darmstadt, Hertha and Hannover all go down.

View attachment 213925
Juve beat Inter to the title in Italy and Napoli claimed the last Champions League spot. Chievo, Verona and Frosinone all go down. Carpi stayed up by a point.

View attachment 213923
Man City beat Chelsea to the league title United and Tottenham getting the other two Champions League Spots. Southampton, Bournemouth and Leicester all go down missing the TV deal.

Other Leagues

CSKA won in Russia, PSG in France, Besiktas in Turkey, and Dnipro in Ukraine.

Champions League
View attachment 213921
City beat Bayern from the spot o get their first Champions League title. Tottenham won the Europa League beating Schalke 4-0.

Porto Wrap Up
View attachment 213920
I won Portuguese manager of the year beating Estoril and Rio Ave's bosses.

View attachment 213914
Porto Awards. Jose Angel won player of the season with just under half the vote beat Vincent Aboubakar and Maicon he had a great season at Maicon and signed a new deal. Imbula won goal of the season with his only one. Mayke won signing of the season that I would have given to Alisson. Aboubakar won young player of the year and while he had a great season at 24 he isn't that young. The team of the year is also as I would have picked it.

View attachment 213906
A decent season next year I want a treble and a bit further in the Champions League.

View attachment 213905
Premier League wrap up.

View attachment 213904
We are the 19th richest team but, Premier League teams will be getting TV money that puts our 16 million a year one to shame.​

Transfer Outgoings

It was a very busy transfer window so I'll go into detail for some of the bigger transfers but, will skip over a lot of the smaller deals that were made.​

Vincent Aboubakar

View attachment 213769
I said I was worried by his release fee and it was triggered by Dortmund and I also accepted a bid from Napoli that was over the clause but, had some clauses and fees over time.​

View attachment 213765

However, to my surprise Aboubakar accepted a new contract with Porto that has no release clause but, makes him our best paid player. I am thrilled that he decided to stay with us as replacing him would have been near impossible.​

Gianelli Imbula

View attachment 213764
He wanted to leave for Barca as soon as he heard of interest from them they bid his release clause amount of 50 million euros and he left. Not a bad deal for the club however, we only get half the fee. Any way his sale should allow Porto's own Ruben Neves to get some game time.​

Ruben Neves

View attachment 213763
I had planned on offering him a new contract after the window but, out of no where Dortmund came in and offered 40 million and a quarter of his next fee on deadline day. As it matched the release clause it was accepted and despite offering him a good new deal he was off to Dortmund. The biggest surprise was the fans were happy with the move.​

Ivan Marcano

The centre back wanted to go and Monaco offered 23 million for him eventually I felt this was a good fee and so sold Marcano for 21 million profit.​

Hernani

Spent last season out on loan at Olympiakos rejected their contract offer at a 5 million euro fee I had to accept but, agreed to go to Leverkusen for 12.5 million.​

Danilo Pereira

Wanted to get first team football so I agreed to let him go to PSG where he is currently in the reserves. Not quite worked out for him but, I got 11 million.​

Andre Andre

Wanted to leave for first team football so joined Everton for 10.25 million​

Maxi Pereira

After a bust up over a fine for a red card he was listed and agreed to move to Boca for 5 million euros. He was a good player but, Mayke is a great replacement and we lose his decent sized wages.​

Iker Casillas

Due to his age wages, and other keepers signed I decided to move Casillas on he had been good but, not enough to justify the money. He left for Fiorentina for 3 million in a deal that pleased the fans​

The Rest

Just a note of all permeant transfers made not loans.

Diego Reyes 10 million Leverkusen, Otavio 8 million Brescia, Nabil Ghilias 7.5 million Palermo, Gaston Gil Romero 7.25 million Brescia, Kelvin KRC Genk 6.75 million, Abdoulaye Ba 6.75 million Cagliari, Gustavo Scarpa 6 million Red Bull Liepzig, Rodrigo Caio 5.5 million Genoa, Tiago Rodriguez 5 million Sunderland, Adrian 4.9 million Lille, Lica 2.7 million Partizan, Ezra Walian 2.6 million Leverkusen, Daniel Guedes 1.7 million Nice, Bruno Cosendey 1.5 million Nacional da Madeira, Andres Fernandez 900k Rio Ave, Joris Kayembe 800k Genclerberligi, Sinan Bolat 375k Sivasspor, Leandro Silva 210k Arouca, Mikel Agu 210k P. Ferreira Ricardo Nunes 15ok CFR Cluj, Raul Gaudino 75k Kuban, Ronan 39.5k Arsenal Tula, and Sandro Fonesca 17k Motherwell

There are also three notable loans Caju went to Monaco, Quintero to Freiburg and Jesus Corona to Sociedad

Total amount of fees received 236 million euros​

I managed to buy Hernani in my Olympiakos save. He is doing wonderful so far ! Thank you Porto ! As for you what can anyone say! It is well known that Porto always makes profitable transfer deals but you my friend have gone beyond that !!!

I managed to buy Hernani in my Olympiakos save. He is doing wonderful so far ! Thank you Porto ! As for you what can anyone say! It is well known that Porto always makes profitable transfer deals but you my friend have gone beyond that !!!

I'm glad they didn't in this as I got far more from him from Leverkusen. I was surprised that I made a profit on some of the players, only Andres Fernandez and Daniel Guedes were losses so far this window. However, I did reinvest a massive amount of the money.

Great to see you keep Aboubakar! Would be difficult to attract a striker as good as him to the Primeria Liga, against the likes of the BPL and La Liga etc. Also a lot of money made on transfers, interested to see who you bring in! :)

Incoming Transfers

The transfer window opens in Portugal the first of July and on that day we brought in 15 players in what was the start of a very busy transfer window. Eight came in on free transfers and seven commanded fees.​

Fabian Noguera
View attachment 213699
The Banfield centre back joined on a free transfer and went out on loan to PSV but has potential to be a starting centre back for us.​

Ezequiel Lavezzi
View attachment 213697
We got the ex-PSG man on a free and he could be a very important player for us for a couple of seasons the only concern is his age at 31 he could start going down hill soon, but he is a free transfer so his only cost is the wages and I'm sure he will add quality to the team.​

Leonardo Acevedo
View attachment 213696
He was on loan at the B team last year and looked to have some decent potential so I spent 1 million euros to get him at the start of last season but, the transfer goes through today. He is loaned out to Nacional da Madeira for the season for 150k.​

Georg Tiegl
View attachment 213695
The Austrian wing back joined on a free transfer from Red Bull Salzburg but, will likely never see the first team. He is loaned out to Kayserispor for 165 and wages more than covering the cost of signing him.​

Geronimo Rulli
View attachment 213694
The ex-Sociedad keeper signed on a free and has great potential and could be the long term number 1 for Porto. But, he faces a challenge this year to be the number 1 this season.​

Emmanuel Badu
View attachment 213693
The Udinese man joined us as a free agent and may play at some point. This season he is loaned out to Genoa for his wages and 165k covering most of the costs of signing him.​

Andre Carrillo
View attachment 213692
We got the Sporting man on a free and his value is currently 44 million showing how much of a steal he was. We took one of Sporting's best players on a free transfer and I was thrilled to get him. He should excel here and already has good experience in the Portuguese League.​

Lucas Romero
View attachment 213691
I brought in Romero on a free and he will be replacing Gil Romero in the rotation hopefully he can do a better job and stay for longer. A good deal for a free but, he may only stay for a year.​

Ramon Azeez
View attachment 213689
Another defensive midfielder who signed as a free agent, Azeez signed on a free from Almeria he has solid potential in that role and went to Lyon for the season to help him develop with first team football.​

David Nunes
View attachment 213687
I signed him partly for the potential and mostly for the mohawk that he rocks. The Madeira youngster could become a decent centre back he will stay in the youth team for this year. He cost 1.9 million but, should come good especially for the price.​

Rodrigo Dourado
View attachment 213685
Got the defensive midfielder for 7.75 million Internacional. He should play be a key role in the defensive midfield for a few years to come. He has good ability and better potential.​

Marek Novosad
View attachment 213686
We signed the young goalkeeper from Viktoria Plzen for 3 million. He has great potential and could replace Rulli as a long term number he cost 3 million euros and should pay it back in spades in the long run he could become one of the best keepers in the game.​

Luciano Cabral
View attachment 213684
We signed the attacking midfielder from Argentinos Jrs. for 7.25 million. Due to a large number of AMC's in the squad he went out on loan to Vit. Guimaraes he should get first team football their and come back and play a role in the first team.​

Zeca
View attachment 213683
Yet another Santos player signed this time the left back Zeca. He is a great player and he may slightly back up Jose Angel but, he will definitely challenge him for the role. He was the most expensive signing of the day at 9.75 million.​

Pelayo Suarez
View attachment 213682
Got the young centre back from Sporting for 2.1 million, his release clause. He has decent potential and has gone to Chaves on loan for the season.

That is all of the signings on day one but, still a lot to go.​

Great to see you keep Aboubakar! Would be difficult to attract a striker as good as him to the Primeria Liga, against the likes of the BPL and La Liga etc. Also a lot of money made on transfers, interested to see who you bring in! :)

Yeah, he was second in the European Golden Boot and for any one nearly as good their wages would have been at least double the wages. The money in the EPL is ridiculous Norwich got Zaza for 17 million that is more than I got in transfer budget and Championship Southampton got Fellani for 9 million. Got a lot of players in still to come

Nice transfers there ! Lavezzi is one of my favorite players even though I think that him and Cavani made the wrong decision and should have stayed in Napoli.

Congrats on 1st mate! Some great signings there, Especially Lavezzi!! Any chance you could post a screen shot of Victor Andrade from Benfica! I bought him on FM15 and he was labelled the next Ronaldinho!