Opening Day of the Window

A but quieter than last year as only 17 players join on the first day and some were youngsters signed last year who can only now join.

Chidiebere Nwakali
View attachment 199012The Nigerian right back's contract ran out at Man City so I brought him to Porto, he could develop well but, most likely will be sold in the next two years. Currently trying to loan him out.

Joinel
View attachment 199009The mandatory 18 year old Brazilian, Joinel joins from Sao Paulo for 1.2 million. A decent deal if he develps well, he has gone to Apollon on loan for the season.

Suso
View attachment 199001Signed on a free from AC Milan after his contract ran out Suso is a talented player who can play anywhere along the front 3, currently in the squad but, could still be sent out on loan.

Everton Ribeiro
View attachment 198989Another free transfer, he joins from Al-Ahli in Dubai. Not been in the best league but, he is a talented player. He will be a good option on either wing.

Mario Pasalic
View attachment 198985
One of Chelsea's profit players, was unhappy so let his contract run out and I picked him up. Like Suso he is still here but, may leave on loan.

Ignacio Camacho
View attachment 198982Malaga lost him as his contract ran out and I took advantage signing him up to add depth as a CM/DM and add some experience to what is a young team.

Jese
View attachment 198980Another unhappy player who let his contract run out, Jese is a good player so I took advantage and signed him up. Should do well at Porto.

Guven Ozlap
View attachment 198976Scouts thought he was better, still decent and was free after his Bursaspor contract expired. He is on loan in Greece this year.

Alan Dzagoev
View attachment 198975The ex-CSKA man let his contract run out and I won the race to sign him. He will be a back up CM for Herrera most likely.

Kelechi Iheanacho
View attachment 198974Man. City didn't offer him a contract so I did and nabbed him on a free. Due the talent we have upfront he will most likely be loaned out.

Juan Felipe
View attachment 198973A very promising young player as we sign up the young Brazilian from Gremio. He cost 4 million but, the young AMC/ striker should repay the fee. Will go out on loan this year and hopefully play a role next year.

Valdivia
View attachment 198972
His contract was running out at Internacional so he only cost 1.1 million. The AMC has good quality and should play a role this year.

Ricardo Goulert
View attachment 198967It took a lot of negotiating to get a deal done that suited both teams but, after he was a free agent for a bit he lowered his demands and we got a deal for the Brazilian AMC.

Marco Benassi
View attachment 198966Listed at Napoli 14.25 million was enough to bring him to Porto and he should be a good signing for the fee.

Piotr Zielinski
View attachment 198965Well the scouts got this one quite wrong he will be gone as soon as possible hopefully we can get a decent fee for him to make a profit.

Fernando
View attachment 198964
Listed at Sampdoria the back up defensive midfielder cost us 13.75 million but, he looks good and should replay the fee.

Pablo Alarcon
View attachment 198962A very talented right back who was signed from Velez for 8.5 million. He could develop into one of the best right backs on the planet a good signing especially for the price.

Marcello D'Andria
View attachment 198961The final signing on the first day D'Andria could develop well for 1.5 million from Hoffenheim. He will be with the Porto B team.​

Outgoings to the End of July

We lose some very big players and there was one that was very sad for me. We do earn a great deal of money though and reinvest some of it.

Cengiz Under
View attachment 198921Never developed as was hoped so returns to Turkey with Galatasaray. If he meets some clauses then we will make a profit on him he goes for an initial 18.5 million that could rise to 21.5 million. He was never good enough on loan at Braga or his games here.

Andriy Yarmolenko
View attachment 198919He wanted an improved deal that I could not offer him but, he deserved. Chelsea made a bid for him of 30 million and as I had found a replacement I agreed to let him go with some sadness as he had some great games here. Goes to the team we beat in the Champions League Final.

Malcom
View attachment 198918Had some interest in him and when Napoli made a 36 million euro bid for him and it is more than he was worth to me so he was sold. Had some good games but, nothing special.

Joshua Onomah

He is sold to Freiburg for 1.7 million so we make a decent profit on him, another small one but, they help to cover costs incurred in the season

Juan Bautisita Cascini

Terek sign the midfielder who had been on loan a lot for 4.8 million euros. Once you throw in loan fees he made us 600k in profit. I hoped he would make the first team but, was awful on loan.

Arnaud Lusamba

The AMC was sold to Fernabache for 5.75 million we will make some decent profit on him if he meets some clauses. Lusamba was beaten out by some better AMC's so moved on.

Harrison Reed

After joining on a free he returns to England heading to Sunderland for 5.75 million so we make a very nice profit on him.

Andres Cubas
View attachment 198912Unhappy about game time, Maia has better ability and potential and I want to keep Pires as a back up as he is home grown. So Cubas was moved on to Koln for 30 million that could rise to 40 if he makes some clauses that look easy to make. Another massive profit.

Rafa

After some time in the B team and on loan Rafa leaves for good moving to Racing Lens for 450k

Incoming Transfers to the End of July

We have some big players to replace and I also want to add depth. As ever there are also talented youngsters who i will always add to the team if I can.

Marcio Marques
View attachment 198901
Santos demanded 6 million for the 18 year old striker and for goos reason as he has incredible potential. He will stay at Porto for the season but, with the B team.

Milson
View attachment 198899
Another very high potential striker from Santos however, he was a bit cheaper as he only cost 3.4 million. He will spend the season on loan at Estoril where he will hopefully excel.

Eugene Konoplyanka
View attachment 198896Yarmolenko's replacement is another winger from Ukraine as Konoployanka joins us on a free after his Sevilla contract expired. He impressed on the trial and he was offered a permanent contract and will hopefully be a great asset.

Martin Odegaard
View attachment 198895
The very talented youngster was unhappy at Real Madrid so after some long negotiations he finally joined him. He should have a great time at Porto and has the potential to be unplayable.

Chris Smalling
View attachment 198891After United released him I offered him a trial and he impressed and had surprisingly low wage demands so I signed him up to add experience to the back line and quality depth.

Kingsley Coman
View attachment 198888By joining us from Real Madrid Coman continues his tour of the best teams in Europe. He cost 30 million and was listed and unhappy due to a lack of first team football, should tear up most defenders.

Alessandro
View attachment 198886I felt we lacked a 18 year old talented Brazilian striker so signed Alessandro. We actually signed him from Palmerias when he was 16 but, the transfer could only go through now.

Bill Haynes
View attachment 198883Scouts thought he was a bit better but, he still is a decent player.

Alberto Cerri
View attachment 198880Listed at Juve we beat Wolfsburg to sign the Italian striker for 8.5 million. Cerri hasn't developed well but, still has great potential.

Lewis Anton
View attachment 198876A decent talent from Arsenal for 3.8 million was very good for Bournemouth on loan last year. Could develop well.

Angelo Garcia
View attachment 198873We beat Arsenal to the player and maybe we should have let them have him. He will be on loan at Penafiel for the season.

Wow Martin Odegaard ! This is the first I see someone buy him from Real Madrid !

Wow Martin Odegaard ! This is the first I see someone buy him from Real Madrid !

He was on the transfer list for over a year after lots of bids we finally agreed and a couple of rounds of contract negotiation later we had a deal. He is a great talent especially for 20

Random Stuff

Wayne Rooney may be getting paid a bit more than has team mates at Al-SaddView attachment 198859
He is only 3000 and a bit percent bigger than the previous wage bill.

View attachment 198858
Santi Mina sees his 30 million euro transfer collapse as they couldn't agree on the length of the contract.

View attachment 198857
Premier League money, wanting 80 grand a week as a back up I have about 5 players who earn over that so that's a no​

August Outgoing Transfer

Not a lot of permanent outgoing transfers but, we still get a lot of cash in.

Bertrand Traore
View attachment 198710A year after joining on a free transfer he moves to Modena in a deal worth an initial 7.25 million that could rise to 11.25 million.

Jorge Luis Hinestroza
View attachment 1987093 years after signing he leaves also to Modena for 11.75 million a very large profit on him. He had a couple of average loans and the fee was enough for me to be happy to sell him.

Ivan Saponjic
View attachment 198708The young striker would struggle to break through here so for 10 million and a bit he moves onto Inter Milan. Another big profit on a young player.

Bruno Fernandes

He was a good player but, he was on far to expensive wages so he had to be moved on. We save 130k a week and the 30 million transfer fee nets us a 6.5 million profit a good deal for us.

Gabriel Biteco
View attachment 198707After some loans spells I was considering trying to get him into the squad but, the 22 million rising to 32 million offer from Stuttgart was more than enough for me to let him leave. He was a good player with great potential but, one thing I don't lack is young talented Brazilian strikers.

A couple of big players leave on loan after failing to sell Firmino he will spend the year on loan at Napoli, Mauri also left on loan heading to Monaco for the year.

Some big bids were rejected for Thiago Maia and Karavaev while a lot of bids were made for Duarte​

Incoming Transfers August

Only 5 players joined but, they are quality players we added and should have long careers at Porto or if not making some good profit.

Santi Mina
View attachment 198706A month after his Crystal Palace deal broke down he moved to Porto for 33.5 million. An expensive transfer but, he has some great ability and could still improve a bit.

Renato
View attachment 198705The young Brazilian DM joined from Atletico Paranaense for 1.3 million. A good player with potential and he will be in the B team for this season.

Ruben Neves
View attachment 198704He returns from Dortmund 22.5 million 18 less than we paid for him. He is a good DM and I needed a Portuguese player and he fit the bill.

Lautaro Bustos
View attachment 198703Found by the head of youth development he is a great prospect from San Lorenzo who is a great AML. He is a winger who will be in the B team for this season.

Youri Tielemans
View attachment 198702Scouts hadn't liked him for a while but suddenly they couldn't recommend him enough so 17 million is enough to get him to move from Anderlecht where he is surprisingly still at. He has incredible potential and still is good currently hopefully he develops well.​

Tielemans could have developed a lot more but I hope he 'll do wonders for you !

World Transfer Overview

This window was one where the Premier League money told as mid-table teams made 30 million euro bids and transfers.

View attachment 198698
View attachment 198697
View attachment 198696
View attachment 198695
PSG make a large loss on selling Aboubakar to Real despite playing well for them.

Porto Overview
View attachment 198694
Forgot to mention the B team transfers the biggest was a 7.75 million transfer to Liverpool.

View attachment 198693View attachment 198692
Portugal Overview
View attachment 198690View attachment 198689View attachment 198688

View attachment 198687
Caju returned to Portuguese football moving to rival Benfica

Team Update

Last season I felt we lacked goals against the smaller teams so I will be using a new tactic to try and score more. Also for the season I decided not to buy a replacement for Burki, I will be rotating Suarez and Novosad in goal.

View attachment 198674View attachment 198673
We may let in a couple more goals but, giving them early first team football could really help them develop in the long run. As Suarez has more first team experience he will do the bigger games but, to help Novosad develop into the great player he could be he will play the easier game.

Anyway this is the new tacticView attachment 198671
I should point out for the next post that I did not use it vs. Sporting as they are good but, I will frequently use it in the league and almost never in Europe. I will also likely never us Maicon as the 1 centre back as he has a tendency to get sent off so Martins Indi, Smalling or Verdasca will be the single centre back.

Also thought I would show the new stats of some long term players who have developed a lo while they are here.

View attachment 198664
Rui Pedro will likely be leading the line for us after bagging 30 goals last season and showing a big penchant for the big games and moments to get big goals and commonly grabbing late goals. Zenit were interested but, through the press I told them where they could put the offer.

View attachment 198654
Rui Pires is another Porto youth academy graduate who will be a rotation option at DM. Despite not having a great long shot stat he has smacked in some great goal from distance.

View attachment 198653
Diogo Verdasca is a back up centre back but, plays frequently and is another player Zenit was interested in. He is a good player who will stay here for a while.

View attachment 198652
Lincoln has developed into one of the best AMCs in the game. His stats are great and he plays at either AMC or AML he is a decent goal threat but, usually the attacks run through him as he keeps the ball moving around well.

View attachment 198650
Thiago Maia had 50 milion euro bids for him this summer but, I rejected them to keep the DM at Porto he has developed well into an all round DM passing and tackling and keeping the team moving. He will be vital covering the defence in the 3-1-1-3-2 formation​

August Update

Finally back to football and we have the Portuguese and European Super Cups to look forward to and three league games including last years runners up Guimaraes.

Supertaca

Porto 2-1 Sporting
View attachment 198481
A comfortable win as we win what is hopefully the first of many trophies. We took the lead after 58 minutes Maia played in Konoplyanka his volley was saved but, the ball bounced of a defender and went in to give us the lead. Two minutes later Rui Pedro had us two goals up. A rapid counter saw Goulart slip him in and Rui rounded the keeper and fired in. Sporting scored late on to give a couple of nerves Joao Pedro was played in and scored with a nice low finish. They didn't have another chance and we got trophy number 1.
View attachment 198480

European Super Cup

Porto 3-2 Liverpool
View attachment 198478Two late goals saw us steal the Super Cup from Liverpool. A good Liverpool counter had us behind after 8 minutes, Lukaku hit a great long pass up to Milner who fired past Suarez with a powerful drive. Konoplyanka levelled after 64 minutes Rui Pedro crossed in a Kono was on hand to volley in past Alisson. Milner looked like he could win the game for Liverpool Godin headed a corner off the bar and Milner scored from 2 yards out. Ex-United centre back Chris Smalling scored on his debut. Zeca whipped in a corner and from six yards out Smalling headed in an 87th minute equaliser. It looked like we would force extra time but, Odegaard grabbed a late winner heading in a Kono cross at the back post 2 yards out. A great late comeback and we have trophy number 2 of the season after game number 2.
View attachment 198477
Porto 2-0 Vit. Guimaraes
View attachment 198473A solid two goal win over the runners up from last year is an early marker we lay down. Everton Ribeiro go us ahead after 37 minutes a beautiful move saw Rui Pedro fire a shot on target from inside the box, it was parried well and Ribeiro fired into an empty goal to get us ahead. Rui Pedro grabbed the second goal after 58 minutes another wonderful passing move saw us cut right through the defence Jese crossed in for Pedro to volley in from close range.

Arouca 0-1 Porto
View attachment 198471The first try out of the new tactic sees us narrowly get a win over Arouca. Rui Pedro scored the winner after 61 minutes Odegaard slipped in Rui Pedro and he shot low and hard across the keeper to get us the win and three points.

Porto 3-1 Boavista
View attachment 198470
A slightly better runout of the new tactic and we come back to get a convincing win. Boavista were ahead after 11 minutes Douglas slipped in Le and Bukia scored the rebound to put us behind. Pereyra levelled after 22 minutes Pedro and Mina had some good interplay before Mina played in Pereyra and he fired into the corner leaving the keeper no chance. After 56 minutes Mina grabbed his first goal for Porto Rui Pedro played him in with a long pass and Mina chipped the keeper to get us ahead. After 70 minutes Mina grabbed a second a good quick counter attack led to Mina firing in a good shot from just inside the box. A good win for the new tactic.

Table
View attachment 198469We are top even early on and I will look for us to stay top for the rest of the season. Benfica hasn't had a good start to the season.

Champions League Draw
View attachment 198468
Not a great draw but, as defending Champions I expect us to go through even if we don't win the group.

View attachment 198467
To be fair it is far better than the one that Sporting got, PSG and Bayern​

Been away from FM-Base for a few months, work has me really busy! Although Christmas break will allow for me to catch-up!

Look forward to reading this Porto story...puts me in the mood for another Sporting Lisbon adventure :p

Keep it up man :)

Been away from FM-Base for a few months, work has me really busy! Although Christmas break will allow for me to catch-up!

Look forward to reading this Porto story...puts me in the mood for another Sporting Lisbon adventure :p

Keep it up man :)

Good to see you back on the base, hope you enjoy the story like I did with your one at Sporting. Should get some updates out late tomorrow

A very attractive formation you 've got there !

Thanks, still not sold on it fully. I feel it leaves my inexperienced goalies possibly a tad overexposed, I know your not a fan of the back four though

Good to see you back on the base, hope you enjoy the story like I did with your one at Sporting. Should get some updates out late tomorrow

Thanks, still not sold on it fully. I feel it leaves my inexperienced goalies possibly a tad overexposed, I know your not a fan of the back four though

I 've started to create formations with three in the back in last 's year FM and it was quite enjoyable and I decided to give a try in this FM as well . The key is to have fast defenders with good agility and always to close down the opponet 's wingers.

September Update

Due to the international break we have only 4 games but, one of them is the first Champions League game of the season.

Porto 2-0 P. Ferreira
View attachment 197317Mina grabs a brace to help is get all three points and continue the perfect start to the season. Mina had us ahead after 14 seconds poking an Odegaard cross in at the back post. Mina had his second after 20 minutes Rui Pedro played in Odegaard and he squared to Mina at the back post who fired in to an empty goal. Another good win and clean sheet.

Porto 2-1 AS Roma
View attachment 197316A very late goal by Rui Pedro let us open up the group stage with a win. Roma took the lead after 14 minutes Di Nolfo was wide and passed to Zakaria who fired low and into the corner to put us behind. Maicon equaled the score after 43 minutes after a lot of pinball in the box firing in from close range. When it was looking like it would end with a draw Rui Pedro grabbed another late goal. A quick counter saw Pereyra loft a pass into the box and from 16 yards Rui Pedro powered a header just inside the post to give us another win.

Moreirense 1-0 Porto
View attachment 197315Curse you European hangover, we lose to Moreirense and the hope of a undefeated season dies with it. After 72 minutes Neto scored the only goal of the game, he played a one two with the other Neto and fired low into the corner to give Moreirense the win.

Belenenses 0-2 Porto
View attachment 197314A good win to rebound from the disappointing loss to Moreirense. Mina had us ahead after 57 minutes Rui Pedro slipped him in with a back heel and what looked like a scuffed finish went in to give us the lead. Rui Pedro grabbed a late goal to ensure that we won the match heading in a Mina cross from close range.

Table
View attachment 197313Top over Rio Ave want to improve the cushion that we have over our title rivals.

Champions League StandingsView attachment 197312
We beat Roma and Koln beat City as we are both top.

Sorry for the short update, but there was a lack of games and goals​