Portsmouth enter administration

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Portsmouth become the first Premier League club to enter administration.

More...

wow i am shocked.

well this has been coming for all off 3 months now. fell really sorry for portsmouth fans, but have to say they deserved it. mismangement all the way through( sorry max)

Not a shock really, makes no sense for anyone to buy the club with that level of debt and infrastructure. Feel sorry for the fans though, such a badly run club.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, it smote him down and he crashed back to earth...

That's what you get when you spend more than you are making.. I guess they wanted to be the new Leeds.

to be fair all the teams are spending more than they are making, the difference here is that the bank pompey are backed by decided to recall all their loans.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

chester have been expelled from the conference as well today. sad day for football

i don't ever see pompey coming back to the EPL after this season

Looks like a new challenge for FM11?

I hope they will be back soon. There wont be any premiership clubs left in the south next year :S

It was only a matter of time, they were spending 110% of their revenue on wages alone. Most clubs spend 60% tops. Man Utd only spend 45% ffs :S

It's a problem for all football clubs. I'm just gutted it happened to mine first. the only financially stable club in the league is Arsenal and that's probably only because there manager has a degree in economics! it's not going to be long before every other club has to drastically cut their level of spending, reducing the quality of the league, exactly like what happened in Italy.

I think so. The strength of the league just follows the strength of the economy. the Spanish league is flourishing due to several of the worlds best players playing there, some of whom are blatantly just after the low taxation of their pay. In England there is a 50% high earners tax which is why some players are on stupid amounts, Adebayor is on £150,000 a week, but after tax it amounts to less than £100,000. he wouldn't need to be paid as much in other countries to maintain his wage after tax. Speaking of Adebayor, city's money can't hold out forever. The owners of the club are the royal family of a nation massively in debt yet still spending freely!

sadly unless some rich owner like the man city one takes over, or an unselfish one who isnt in it for profit like aston villas owner comes in, its all over for pompey, they will never come back up imo, people said this about newcastle but they had a decent team, portsmouth will lose their stars like boateng and yebda etc,

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

I think so. The strength of the league just follows the strength of the economy. the Spanish league is flourishing due to several of the worlds best players playing there, some of whom are blatantly just after the low taxation of their pay. In England there is a 50% high earners tax which is why some players are on stupid amounts, Adebayor is on £150,000 a week, but after tax it amounts to less than £100,000. he wouldn't need to be paid as much in other countries to maintain his wage after tax. Speaking of Adebayor, city's money can't hold out forever. The owners of the club are the royal family of a nation massively in debt yet still spending freely!
man city are the only team in the world not in debt, the arabs payed it all off, and every country in the world is massively in debt, the united states are in hundreds of billions of pounds of debt, and theyre the most poweful nation in the world

The owners may be writing off city's debt, but the owners themselves don't have the money that people think they do. as well as city, they are also paying massive amounts towards the tennis tournament they set up, and the grand prix. Abu Dhabi themselves are in debt to Dubai.

The must make profits from the tennis and grand prix though surely?

Oh well, at least we won't have a deduction next season.

I don't care to be honest, we were going down, now I've got no interest in the league tbh or anything to do with the Premier League, FA Cup ftw.

Back