Portsmouth enter administration

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 3K
Point deductions aren't there to get you relegated. At Southampton they were already relegated so their deduction went on the next year, technically Pompey can stay up so the deduction actually has a purpose and is a punishment.

Yeah I know point deductions aren't solely there to get you relegated but in Portsmouth's case, the -9 points has pretty much confirmed that.

I have a few problems with this.

why 9 points deduction, when every other team has been given 10 (or more)?
surely the Premier League can't consider the deduction appeal they're making?
and which players do they intend on selling outside the transfer window? and who wants to buy?

Sunderland want Marc Wilson for £3.5-4m, which is an absolute bargain for us as he is dog ****.

Belhadj and Boateng probably go, although I will cry if Boateng leaves :S

well, we all know Steve Bruce is insane. fresh Prince and Belhadj will go, James wants to stay and will take a pay cut. not much money you can earn.

well, its not all that bad guys! look at fiorentina few years back, same story, they got demoteed to the lowest league in italy and after another few years they are fighting for top positions in serie a and went to 1st KO round of CL. so, while this is indeed sad news for all the supporters, pompey will be back in EPL some day

i am sad for pompey and for all the pompey fans but i reckon they got nothing to worry about, when they sell some players sort stuff out get players in they will do either a hull or a stoke in there first season in the prem (2008-2009) Hull doing well beating all teams but Portsmouth will do it better you never know they might win FA Cup GL Pompey :)!

well, we all know Steve Bruce is insane. fresh Prince and Belhadj will go, James wants to stay and will take a pay cut. not much money you can earn.

Seriously? Jeez, when is he going to retire?

Arsenal swoop for James?

Last edited:
Whilst your at it Frankie, do you mind taking Mokoena too? :D

Why didn't Portsmouth simply consolidate their debts into one easily affordable monthly payment?

Why didn't Portsmouth simply consolidate their debts into one easily affordable monthly payment?

I think that was the plan but they did it to many times and they were paying ridiculous wages for mediocre players as well as some brilliant ones, Redknapp left a sinking ship, just like he did at Soton, West Ham and Bournemouth.

admin sucks :')
i guess Pompey are in a different situation but even after the required £11million's cleared then the new owners'll still have to take on some major debt. they'll probably survive now though, bounce back after relegation and then rebuild themselves.

Too bad that the team who won FA Cup two years ago will play next year in Championship.

They shouldn't be allowed to sell outside of the transfer window because that means another team is buying,

Back