Portsmouth enter administration

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 3K
I can create a club logo for Porthampton FC if you want.;)

I can't see how you can say "If the banks hadn't of recalled the loans we'd be fine" that's miles off, this was inevitable, Pompey has been poorly handled financially for the last few years.

I can't see Pompey finding any investments, I mean they have no assets, a poor quality stadium, £60M of debt and they will probably never get a loan again, not only that but they still have to pay the players salary of £3M a month, where will this cash come from?

I mean it's easy saying "oh we're getting parachute payments" and whatever but without another investor the club probably won't be saved at all. This is just the start, being in administration does not mean your going to be relegated but after that everything will be fine.. It's going to be a massive battle, unless you find another idiot to fend the club off to.

Oh well, at least we won't have a deduction next season.

I don't care to be honest, we were going down, now I've got no interest in the league tbh or anything to do with the Premier League, FA Cup ftw.

Doesn't your points deduction carry on to next year if this one doesn't affect you? My mate reckons that's the case.

yh but this one will affect this season. as portsmouth can still stay up.

yh but this one will affect this season. as portsmouth can still stay up.

So if they do manage to get some points, but still go down, their deduction will carry on through to next season? It's not helped them, they were bound for relegation with their current points total anyway and this deduction just makes the inevitable even more realistic.

Like whats been said basically, the only reason for them entering Administration is due to having no other option! its either that or be wound up :S

With the ground not exactly being worth much they only have players assets, so i think Pompey can either look forward to seeing a **** of a lot of loans and youth players or being eventually wound up

"chin up pompey fans"
Even though my team would have had a pass into the semi's to have a first trip to wembley if you were wound up, i was hoping it wouldn't come to that.

So if they do manage to get some points, but still go down, their deduction will carry on through to next season? It's not helped them, they were bound for relegation with their current points total anyway and this deduction just makes the inevitable even more realistic.

no as they can still mathematically stay up now. there deduction will affect this season. whether they get 0 points or 30 points between now and end of season. no deducton next season, unless they go into adminstration again

no as they can still mathematically stay up now. there deduction will affect this season. whether they get 0 points or 30 points between now and end of season. no deducton next season, unless they go into adminstration again

I see. I was just assuming that this points deduction was pretty pointless given the current state of affairs for them. Its a sad day for footy!

hope pompey get three straight wins and say bollocks to d administrators

hope pompey get three straight wins and say bollocks to d administrators

odds of 5/2 on a pompey win v burnley. but william hill has just stopped taking bets on pompey to go down

Last edited:
The owners may be writing off city's debt, but the owners themselves don't have the money that people think they do. as well as city, they are also paying massive amounts towards the tennis tournament they set up, and the grand prix. Abu Dhabi themselves are in debt to Dubai.

No Dubai is in debt to Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi is the Emirate that still has large quantities of oil. Dubai's oil is near to extinction and so the economy is tourism based.

Not shocked. It wasn't a matter of if it was gonna happen, it was when. Feel sorry for Pompey fans really

Point deductions aren't there to get you relegated. At Southampton they were already relegated so their deduction went on the next year, technically Pompey can stay up so the deduction actually has a purpose and is a punishment.

Just look at Real madrid one the richest run clubs in the world but they are heavy in debit but there president just pays it off. I feel sorry for pompey fans. But it was a disaster waiting to happen.

Tut tut tut, Pompey had it coming, 4-5 owners in a season, delayed wages, poor signings(Mokoena), no morale.

We still get £5m if we go down, then we get £32m over the next 2 seasons from parachute payments from being relegated, then we'll sell players so will get more funds, and hopefully we'll get new investment from somewhere. £10m debt won't kill us off, we'll just go back into administration, we're only £60m in debt, we'll definitely get atleast £37m over the next 2 seasons, we only need £23m then to pay off all our debts, which in this current financial climate is squat.
Said on SSN that you're in 70+ debts :S

Interestingly real madrid's debt is very murky. rumours are that the government buys the clubs assets for a very high price and sells them back for pennies. it's very curious. looking forward to the championship next season though, more games, cheaper tickets, more likely to win. As a fan it's (almost) great!

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

No Dubai is in debt to Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi is the Emirate that still has large quantities of oil. Dubai's oil is near to extinction and so the economy is tourism based.
also sorry for that massively incorrect statement then. how come they spent so much on city when they could have had pompey for pennies!

The premier league and pompeys board are to blame for this 100%, its not fair on the fans and backroom staff.

Back