Portsmouth enter administration

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 3K
dont mean to be harsh but how do you know that you will be still around?
We still get £5m if we go down, then we get £32m over the next 2 seasons from parachute payments from being relegated, then we'll sell players so will get more funds, and hopefully we'll get new investment from somewhere. £10m debt won't kill us off, we'll just go back into administration, we're only £60m in debt, we'll definitely get atleast £37m over the next 2 seasons, we only need £23m then to pay off all our debts, which in this current financial climate is squat.

We still get £5m if we go down, then we get £32m over the next 2 seasons from parachute payments from being relegated, then we'll sell players so will get more funds, and hopefully we'll get new investment from somewhere. £10m debt won't kill us off, we'll just go back into administration, we're only £60m in debt, we'll definitely get atleast £37m over the next 2 seasons, we only need £23m then to pay off all our debts, which in this current financial climate is squat.

Completely agree with you. every single person in interviewed remains confident that Portsmouth will rise back up. Maybe next season 'Arry can lend us some players to help with a promotion push. would be better off to spend at least 2 seasons in the championship though and sort out the finances.

Completely agree with you. every single person in interviewed remains confident that Portsmouth will rise back up. Maybe next season 'Arry can lend us some players to help with a promotion push. would be better off to spend at least 2 seasons in the championship though and sort out the finances.
I can't personally see us back in the Prem for another good 3 seasons, but I'm actually looking forward to playing in the Championship, it will be a good challenge for us to get back up.

In regards to the Harry thing, O'Hara might come back, he gives 100% for us every game and I think he's beginning to be fond of the club more and more now, but apart from him, I can't see who he'll loan to us apart from **** rejects. & Yeah, I would love it if we went back up straight away, but sorting out finances are the number one thing we must sort out first.

I feel for majority of the fans appart from my friends because they are so tunnel visioned
and give me alot ov **** for supporting chelsea. I feel for the city in general and poor avram grant he deserves much better.

It's alot harder than the Pompey fans think, Max you said, over the next 2 seasons you'll get parachute payments etc, maybe so, but remember that the Premier League gives you deadline's to get bought etc, maybe you wont be a club in two years. We have unti lthe end of the season to be out of admin, you cant be in admin forever.

It's alot harder than the Pompey fans think, Max you said, over the next 2 seasons you'll get parachute payments etc, maybe so, but remember that the Premier League gives you deadline's to get bought etc, maybe you wont be a club in two years. We have unti lthe end of the season to be out of admin, you cant be in admin forever.
We're in admin until we find £11m. With the players we have got that we can sell, and the £5m we'll get, that's not hard. No offence but it's not quite the same as Stockport. You sold your best player etc and are still in admin, and won't get a good amount of money for your final league position. We still have the ownership of our stadium for now, and we're in the Premier League where you get £5m for finishing bottom of the league, unlike in League 1 where I don't think you get even £1m for finishing 1st, it's two different situations financially, we may have a bigger debt amount, but we have possible ways of getting out, only way Stockport can really get out from what I've heard is to get taken over, but nothing seems to be happening, so it's totally different.

Last edited:
to be fair all the teams are spending more than they are making, the difference here is that the bank pompey are backed by decided to recall all their loans.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

chester have been expelled from the conference as well today. sad day for football

Incorrect the reason Pompey have gone into administration is due to unpaid taxes to the HMRC.

Also as they have gone into administration it is highly unlikely the club would be wound up altogether.

Incorrect the reason Pompey have gone into administration is due to unpaid taxes to the HMRC.

Also as they have gone into administration it is highly unlikely the club would be wound up altogether.
No, you are incorrect sadly mate.

The reason we are even in this position in the first place is because like Jake said, Banks recalled loans, and if they hadn't of done that, we wouldn't of had to sell anyone.

Of course we've been forced into admin by HMRC practically, but if the banks hadn't of recalled loans HMRC would of been paid easily.

No, you are incorrect sadly mate.

The reason we are even in this position in the first place is because like Jake said, Banks recalled loans, and if they hadn't of done that, we wouldn't of had to sell anyone.

Of course we've been forced into admin by HMRC practically, but if the banks hadn't of recalled loans HMRC would of been paid easily.

If you hadn't have owed the HRMC any unpaid tax you wouldn't have gone into administration this season.

So yes, it is due to the unpaid tax you have gone into administration.

Sorry for going off topic abit but if anyone has read this months FourFourTwo it has an article on the position of an administrator and how clubs have come back from being in the position of so much debt.

Back on topic. Sorry for Portsmouth and what makes it worse there is no clubs from the South coast in top flight next season.

If you hadn't have owed the HRMC any unpaid tax you wouldn't have gone into administration this season.

So yes, it is due to the unpaid tax you have gone into administration.
You fail to see my point.

If the banks hadn't of recalled loans, we would of paid off the tax ages ago. So okay, we had unpaid tax, and we would of paid it off quite easily if the banks hadn't of recalled the loans.

It's all in a sequence really, recalled loans = not able to pay tax = winding up order = forced into Admin.

What I'm saying is that yes, in the end unpaid tax forced us into admin as I said in my last post practically, but we wouldn't of had the winding up order etc or not being able to pay it if the banks didn't recall the loans.

You fail to see my point.

If the banks hadn't of recalled loans, we would of paid off the tax ages ago. So okay, we had unpaid tax, and we would of paid it off quite easily if the banks hadn't of recalled the loans.

It's all in a sequence really, recalled loans = not able to pay tax = winding up order = forced into Admin.

What I'm saying is that yes, in the end unpaid tax forced us into admin as I said in my last post practically, but we wouldn't of had the winding up order etc or not being able to pay it if the banks didn't recall the loans.

So I was correct with my original statement.

you original was correct but not telling the whole story.

So I was correct with my original statement.
In the end, it is right, but it doesn't say the whole story. If the banks hadn't of recalled loans, we'd be fine

Hopefully we can sort ourselves out next year, I'd be pleased with finishing 21st next season to be honest.

woah m8

don't accuse say "Incorrect" to a Mod. They might consume you :S

Anyway back on topic, I think that this is the end of Pompey FC, but what I would love to see next season is Porthampton FC XD

woah m8

don't accuse say "Incorrect" to a Mod. They might consume you :S

Anyway back on topic, I think that this is the end of Pompey FC, but what I would love to see next season is Porthampton FC XD
Please grow up, no Mods "consume", we are just having a discussion.

It's hardly the end of us, we have gone into admin, we cant be in it forever but we wont be wound up for quite a while.

Back