Portsmouth Relegated.

Tom26

Kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Just for those that don't know Portsmouth Fc are now relegated from the Premier League :(
No shocks really as I think everyone knew it was going to happen anyway...
Only the FA cup left which seems like a lost cause to me.

If they are relegated by more than 10 points, do they get a point deduction next season as well? Think I read that. Not sure though.

Unlucky Portsmouth fans.

Entirely the management's fault, and you've had to pay for it. Hopefully we'll see you back in the EPL soon.

If they would have that points, I am sure the table wouldn't remained like that.

Unlucky for Pompey, hopefully see 'em back in the Prem in two seasons time.

Last edited:
I dunno if Pompey will come straight back up. With the club still in financial troubles it may still get worse unless something happens.

Portsmouth will pull a leeds and charlton, i think they will keep falling, like bradford did a few years back

Unless somethings done to sort everything behind the scenes out, they may not be a club in the distant future.

lets just hope someone decides to pull their finger out and do something about it

Yeah but Newcastles financial situation wasnt as bad, dont remember Newcastle going into administration and being deducted 9 points?

they are a relatively small club, with such financial restrictions there's no way they'll emulate Newcastle.

Pompey will be back. There something about that club which says dont wont give in like Leeds did. Maybe it is becuase of all this ***** that gones all on this season. and still got a semi 2mo. just remarkable really. good luck guys.

They won't have a squad by the end of this season due to contracts expiring and players on loan going back to there former clubs, massive re building will have to go on. I doubt Avram Grant will stay on unless the club is taken over.

hopefully they can bounce straight back its a shame cause only a few seasons ago they was a really good club and were finishing in the top half

I think he made his peace with the decision long ago mate.

It's been coming for weeks. Months maybe.

I'm 90% Sure he said 'I have faith in them to stay up' oO) Could have been someone else, but I'm pretty sure it was Max.