Portsmouth Relegated.

• Thread starter Thread starter Tom26
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 6K
I disagree with all this blame being piled on Redknapp's shoulders.

At the end of the day, it's the management of the club behind the scenes which caused the issue. The boardroom is the reason that Portsmouth are in the situation they are in now, and the fans are having to pay for it.

I also can't see Tottenham going in the same direction, because Daniel Levy isn't an idiot. He's a brilliant chairman, and knows his way around a balance book, unlike those who have taken on Pompey over the past few years. ^^)

Nevermind Levy, you have lifelong Spurs fan and multi-millionaire Joe Lewis pumping money into your club! ;)

In the post before yours I didn't blame Redknapp directly, but for a club he said he loved he asked a lot from them, more than they could provide.

I don't swallow that he didn't know about the situation, he is far to close to Peter Storrie for that to be true. The only issue I have, and have always had with Twitch is that he only acts in his own interests, he loved our club no more than any other club he has managed, or currently manages. Watch him in any press conference/interview it's not long before he is reminding all that listen where Spurs were when he took over with the sole aim to be perpetuating the legend that is Redknapp.

I understand Spurs fans supporting him, he is a fantastic manager and no matter what my personal opinion of him is I will always appreciate his achievements here...
even if they helped cost us our future.

Thats why you dislike them then. :S

Pompey are a proper football club, good fans, not glory hunters, legend of a manager who's not getting paid.

The Prem will miss them.
Exactly, some people (not saying anyone on here) but some people don't even watch them or name their first team but support them. That's a guy who goes on my bus. Portsmouth will come back.

Pompey will be back, The men who have mis managed and ****** the club over are slowly ******* off. Unfournately Uncle Avram will leave. I think it needs a young manager, who will manage there for a long time. He needs to be given support and time whether you get relegated again or struggle. He needs to be able to slowly Re-Vamp the squad, It will take time, effort and Support. but he can do it.
Yep, the manager should be Roberto Martinez, if he wants to join. But that's only if he gets sacked or resign.

I've always liked Portsmouth.Despite all their problems this season I really liked the way they were determined and never gived up. They have shown great passion and could have easily done what players in Spain are doing and go on strike. Hopefully they'll be back.
On that note I would like to express what a cowardly traitor Kevin Prince Boateng is. He's a disgrace
What exactly did Boateng do, people have criticised him but what has he done? I actually don't know.

I think if everyone else has had the points deduction for admin, then it was fair to give it to us aswell. I don't think we can just say because we're in a higher league we shouldn't get it etc, as some people who I know have said before.

Palace, Leeds, Southampton, Bournemouth and Rotherham all have had point deductions in previous years, and it was only fair it carried on for us sadly.
How selfless and touching Maxwell ^^)

You notice the link though with Harry Redknapp, he manage to get 4 clubs into this mess though.
Southampton. Went to administration.
Bournemouth. Went to administration.
Portsmouth. In administration.
West Ham. Was on the brink of administration.

Harry Redknapp is crook to football. You'll see soon, Tottenham will be soon in the same mess.
"Look where we were when I took over, we were bottom and look where we are now." Well, how much have you spent? Can't even be bothered to count, he's spent too much.
Look how many good centre backs he has:
Kaboul
Dawson
Bassong
King
Corluka
Woodgate
That's 6.
Also, look at his strikers:
Keane (Out on loan)
Gudjohnson (On loan)
Defoe
Crouch
Pavlyuchenko (sp)
That's 4 permanent and 1 loan, well let's just say 4.
And midfielders:
O'Hara (Out on loan)
Krancjar
Lennon
Bentley
Huddlestone
Jenas
Palacious
Rose
Modric
Taarabt (Out on loan)
dos Santos (Out on loan)
He wastes his money, he doesn't need to spend.
That's why all his clubs go into administration, I'm not saying it's just his fault, he is a big factor of it.

Just wanted to say:

Come on Pompey!!!!

"Look where we were when I took over, we were bottom and look where we are now." Well, how much have you spent? Can't even be bothered to count, he's spent too much.
Look how many good centre backs he has:
Kaboul
Dawson
Bassong
King
Corluka
Woodgate
That's 6.
Also, look at his strikers:
Keane (Out on loan)
Gudjohnson (On loan)
Defoe
Crouch
Pavlyuchenko (sp)
That's 4 permanent and 1 loan, well let's just say 4.
And midfielders:
O'Hara (Out on loan)
Krancjar
Lennon
Bentley
Huddlestone
Jenas
Palacious
Rose
Modric
Taarabt (Out on loan)
dos Santos (Out on loan)
He wastes his money, he doesn't need to spend.
That's why all his clubs go into administration, I'm not saying it's just his fault, he is a big factor of it.
To be honest that's not that bad. Out of those 6 centre back's King can't even train barely, and Woodgate is very injury prone also. Kaboul is young and will get even better, Dawson wasn't that great when he first came so needed another centre back and got a quality one in Bassong. You can hardly blame him for wanting centre backs and they get injured a lot going into dangerous 50-50 tackles a lot.

Upfront is fine also. When he came he had Pavlyuchenko and Campbell (not sure if I missed someone there) upfront, he needed more strikers. He went and bought Keane and Defoe, and yeah Keane has been a flop but he needed at least 2 new strikers and he got them, and Defoe has been a fantastic buy for them.

Midfield, there is a large quantity, but when he came the quantity wasn't that great. He had players like Bentley who weren't playing well, and neither was Lennon, and he changed that. He's brought in Palacios and Kranjcar. Basically a very good ball winning midfielder which they lacked, and a backup playmaker which they paid only £2.5m and he's probably been the bargain of the season.

I'm a Portsmouth fan who has seen his side go into administration because of bad spending, and I tell you now, that is not bad spending.

Back