Portsmouth to go into liquidation... or have they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Andre Villas Boas <3
Reaction score
View attachment 110877

A sad day for English football, Portsmouth are on the brink of liquidation if agreement with Gaydamek is not reached. Sky Sports Breaking news now. More to follow. Hopefully with this and the dramas with Liverpool and Manchester United this will make a lot of clubs stand up and take notice.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/9120108.stm

Portsmouth say they are likely to fold as they are unable to continue trading after talks with former owner and key creditor Sacha Gaydamak broke down.

The club claim that Gaydamak demanded an upfront cash payment to allow a possible deal to go through and allow them let to exit administration.
"It appears likely that the club will now be closed down and liquidated by the administrators," said Pompey.
Earlier in October the club's latest plan to exit administration was vetoed.

R.I.P Pompey :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Start a save my club thread and you will get some money like the dundee fan did
Our debts are £100M+, I don't think it's quite the same as the Dundee situation pal.

oh noes! :( Poor pompey, they have great fans, they deserve better.

Beat me by a few seconds..

Such a sad day for the fans.. I really feel for them!

This will **** up FM11 when its released.

Where does it say that...Far as i now the only thing stopping them going out of administration is 4 outstanding requirements to the FL which they have nearly finalised according to the local paper...

Our debts are £100M+, I don't think it's quite the same as the Dundee situation pal.
yeh but as a famous supermarket brand says.
Every little helps

Very sad, congratulations Mr Redknapp.

I don't have much sympathy for the club. Shame for the fans and locals that will be made redundant though.

This is not a funny matter, I imagine if my club suddenly just got bankrupt and ceased to exist, I don't think I'd ever recover from the shock, and I'm not exagerating.

Status
Not open for further replies.