will be one of the following, according to the position

Rui Patricio (Sporting)
Ze Castro (Deportivo)
Ruben Amorim (Benfica)
Joao Moutinho (Sporting)
Manuel Fernandes (Valencia)
Eliseu (Zaragoza)
Makukula (Kayserispor)

you cant replace anyone from the 23 man squad though after declaring it i thought?

you cant replace anyone from the 23 man squad though after declaring it i thought?

If they get a severe injury, I think you can. We did it in 2008 with Quim (GK), who got injured and Nuno Espirito Santo was called to replace him...

If they get a severe injury, I think you can. We did it in 2008 with Quim (GK), who got injured and Nuno Espirito Santo was called to replace him...

thats first i have heard of this, im pretty sure once the 23 final squad has been announced, no changes can be made. look at michael owen during the last world cup, we didnt break in any cover. it might be different how ever for other teams ;) i joke, it might be different for goalkeepers i guess

thats first i have heard of this, im pretty sure once the 23 final squad has been announced, no changes can be made. look at michael owen during the last world cup, we didnt break in any cover. it might be different how ever for other teams ;) i joke, it might be different for goalkeepers i guess

maybe, or only during EUROs

If I am not mistaken, is it not if the injury occurs before the tournament. Ie Crouch gets injured next week England can call Darren Bent up. May be wrong but I did here the press going on about this.

If I am not mistaken, is it not if the injury occurs before the tournament. Ie Crouch gets injured next week England can call Darren Bent up. May be wrong but I did here the press going on about this.

Yeah, it might be that...

Moutinho didn't make the final 23... I is outraged :(

Moutinho didn't make the final 23... I is outraged :(
Pedro Mendes is better :$

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Someone Injury Heskey (6)(6)(6)

The Fifa rule says something about if a player gets injured you can call up a replacement 24 hours before the match. I read it on the Ffa website but cant seem to find the link anymore

i heard this as well as long as its 24 hrs before the fist match you can make a change for an injured player. someone injure swp

How can you only bring 2 strikers. Portugal are a one man team...

carlos queiroz is a piece of .................

let's hope for the best!

I think C. Ronaldo will be used as a striker, they can't depend on just two.. And they aren't the best either.

No Moutinho wtf.......
Portugal stick 1 up front with 2 wide men

Ronaldo Liedson/Hugo Almedia Simao/Nani/Danny

Same old problem; no top level forwards.

It's been the same for Portugal since I've been watching Euros and World cups.
The day they have a really good striker, they will be fearsome. Meanwhile, I think they hardly will achieve anything in a big tournament.

Appalled at his decision to leave out Moutinho.. he has this fetish of playing Pepe in Central Midfield meaning it removes one of our creative players out, this time it's Moutinho.

To answer everybody's queries about the 2 strikers.. Liedson is a goalscorer, proven on the International Level now and Almeida is our Zamora. He holds up the ball extremely well and with the formation we play, he brings the wingers and midfielders in extremely well. He isn't the most prolific but he can score goals. As we all know of course, Ronaldo can also play as a striker, and if necessary Nani, Simao and Danny are all capable of playing in the center of the front 3 as all are very versatile. Of course, they aren't strikers but they are all capable of playing their meaning we don't have to bring more than two strikers as by having all of the versatile wingers we have, we technically have 4 or even 5 strikers in the squad.

Also, in my opinion, although it may be slightly biased, bar Lionel Messi we probably have the best set of wingers in the world for a National Team with all four options capable of scoring as well as setting up goals for the team. I'm optimistic about the tournament, but I can't see us getting far with the run in we could get.

In the worst possible situation, we could come second in our group behind Brazil.

We would then face Spain who will more than likely win their group. We then would get Brazil again in the Quarter finals considering we both beat our opponents. We'd then get Italy if we beat Brazil and we could get England/Argentina/Germany in the final.

Don't think anyone could get a tougher run in towards the final, but one thing is for sure. If we win the World Cup, we will definately have deserved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.