Portugal - Spain 29.07 thread

Who do you think will win it ?

• Brazil

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Portugal

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this. ive done 3 or 4 threads on the world cup games, they all took less then 5 minutes, but with all the team info, and with chile i went into depth on how they would play etc. its not hard. if you're not gonna put the effort in, DONT OPEN THE THREAD. The OP doenst even tell you the channel or the time, let alone any match info, styles etc.

expect the op to update this... or close it and let someone else do it

Yes Spot on. You can see all his threads with op "discussions about winner and score welcome ". What is the fun in making threads if you cant put half decent effort to make it look good.

and now im annoyed cos hes done on chile brazil! was so looking forward to writing a piece on chile, this game is set to be great match up,

In the latest edition of the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking, leaders Italy consolidate their position as Argentina (3rd, down one) lose ground after a goalless draw and are overtaken by Brazil (2nd, up one).

Spain- Pass Pass Pass Pass
Portugal- Defend Defend Defend Defend
Ronaldo- Shoot Shoot Shoot,

This is what i expect from this match tbh.

Got a feeling we're going to get dominated, but our defensive record will come good.

Think we may do a Switzerland.. sit the whole match and catch them once or twice on the counter.

Portugal 1-0 Spain.

We have Bruno Alves , Ricardo Carvalho, Miguel and FÁBIO COENTRÃO! Best defense ever :p

Spain 2-0 Portugal

David Villa
Xabi Alonso

Alonso is out.. Javi Martinez coming in for him apparently.
i dont understand why he doesnt just drop xavi back to where alonso plays and play fab behind villa....

its a more natural position for xavi any way...

Because he likes having two defensive players that don't move.

Xavi naturally moves forward and dictates from a more advanced position than Busquets and Alonso do.

Martinez is a lot like Alonso, meaning he will play ahead of Fabregas. which I find amazing.

Boring game so far.

Hope Spain win, Portugal are ***** to watch IMO

Portugal have killed every game I've seen so far with almost every man behind the ball.
You would think with their attacking options they would be a little more adventurous.

Portugal have killed every game I've seen so far with almost every man behind the ball.
You would think with their attacking options they would be a little more adventurous.

Queiroz was saying that they will attack from the off. Yeah right. Although in some parts you can't blame them as they aren't as good as Spain.

whether its injury or not but torres looks half the player we are used to seeing.