Portugal - Spain 29.07 thread

Who do you think will win it ?

• Brazil

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Portugal

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i said this the other day and i stand by my comment. i hate david villa soooo ******* much!!!!! i hate how good he is lol.

Looking good at the mo for Spain after Torres was brought off :p

And bad for Portugal after Hugo Almeida left the field

Yeah i was wondering as well why Almeida was replaced by Danny. He wasn't playing badly. Hmm.

Ronaldo sucking for his nation.

Coentrao is insanely good.

If Villa continuous to play like this he should be named as player of the tournament no doubt!

Capdevilla is such a bad boy, I wished Bruno Alves broke every single tooth in his dirty mouth, its lost anyhow

What the **** was with that sending off?

He didn't even touch him, ugh!

I ******* hate Spain.

I truly hope our media smash Cristiano Ronaldo after this particular performance. That knucklehead didn't land one pass, wants to shoot direct freekicks from almost the midfield?! Keeps sat down if the ref doesn't whistle in his favour. and Queiroz has the guts to give him the Capitain honour? The most childish player in the world, responsible for his entire national team? Eduardo is ****** right to cry, if there is anyone who didn't deserve this result was him. The MOM imo. and now Queiroz, please return to your Assistant Manager duties and GET THE F*CK OUTTA OUR NATIONAL TEAM!

Did you see Ronaldo spit in the direction of the camera as he walked off? lol

I still love you Ronnie (K)

I truly hope our media smash Cristiano Ronaldo after this particular performance. That knucklehead didn't land one pass, wants to shoot direct freekicks from almost the midfield?! Keeps sat down if the ref doesn't whistle in his favour. and Queiroz has the guts to give him the Capitain honour? The most childish player in the world, responsible for his entire national team? Eduardo is ****** right to cry, if there is anyone who didn't deserve this result was him. The MOM imo. and now Queiroz, please return to your Assistant Manager duties and GET THE F*CK OUTTA OUR NATIONAL TEAM!

This is why Messi is better.

Queiroz is a PANSY, he is not a coach, he is youth manager, or at the best, assistant manager, ******* ****.

And about Ronaldo, this is why, even though i'm portuguese, that this guy will NEVER be considered by us in Portugal the best in the world, he is a KID, he plays ****, thinks he's the best, and that idiot queiroz STILL makes him captain...

If he has the slightest bit of manhood, he should resign, IMMEDIATELY.

But he won't, we all know who is in charge of our national team...

Spain deserved the win absolutely, but I still hate them though. :)

And this is why BENFICA is my national team.

Last edited:
Glad Portugal are out, they were so negative and just had Ronaldo stood upfront sulking. Spain seem to be playing very narrow though. Dont know why they keep wanting Villa to come out wide. Cant see them winning the World Cup.

Things to Learn:

1. Lesson 1: Midas Touch? - As we all saw (who didn't, please do) the amazing match Portugal performed against North Korea. A demolishing attack, good midfield and solid defense. But that was our problem. We played so well that Queiroz had to change the team, we were playing more than we should. He had to put his hand in the best team representing my country. All the team played well, not to speak about the best goalkeeper in the WC, Eduardo, but I will talk about this later.

2. Lesson 2: Ronaldo Dilemma - Some might say that C. Ronaldo is a mistery, as we never know why he plays so good at the clubs he's at and so badly (in comparaison) representing the colours of his country. For me, it isn't. Ronaldo was born and grew poor, had to live alone in Lisbon for 4 years. He never had money. And what happens when a guy like this ends with billions in his pockets? The arrogance grows in a person who thinks he rules the world has he came from a zero to a millionaire.Then, he only plays if you pay him, and I have a feeling that FPF (Portuguese Football Federation) doesn't pay him as well as Real Madrid does. You might say that it is the rest of the team which can't follow him and put his attributes at their best, but that theory is broken as soon as he already made really good exhibitions. Few, but really good.

3. Lesson 3: Assistant Manager? - All the Man United fans know Queiroz, and many have good credentials about his work as Fergie's right arm. What many of you might not know is that it was Queiroz who, when Piqué returned from his loan at Juventus, said that he wasn't good enough for their team. What did we saw in the following season? Piqué playing an essential role in Barcelona, winning every competition he was at. Some say that Queiroz is good at judging players potential and capacity. We can now see that he isn't that good.

4. Lesson 4: Manager? - During Euro 2008, Scolari was appointed, at Chelsea's website, as the new manager for the Stamford Bridge's team. the still Portugal's manager and FPF president, Madail, told the portuguese football fans that FPF tried to keep Scolari in Portugal but that they couldn't pay the wages Scolari required. Weeks later, Queiroz was appointed as the next manager of the portuguese national team. And guess what? He was being paid with a bigger wage than the one required by Scolari, but that FPF didn't give him saying "they couldn't afford it". They must have had a really good profit in those weeks, don't they?

5. Lesson 5: The loser has to fall - Who knew that an assistant manager wouldn't do well as a 1st manager? Come on, no one could have guessed it... oO) After an amazing qualifying round, with amazing results like a draw with Albania and a loss against Denmark, both playing at home, the preparation to the WC began. And with fantastic results like a draw against Cape Verde, and a slim victory against the demolishing China football team, he decided to keep this fantastic manager, instead of delivering it to any other manager in the world, who could easily do better thatn what he did. But Madail decided to give a last chance to Queiroz, a thing I admire and support. The problem was that the last chance was the World Cup, that 2nd line competition no one cares about -.-' .

6. Lesson 6: Clouds were coming... - And then the 23 players were announced. Queiroz called the well-known Daniel Fernandes, who even isn't good enough for Bochum, but seems to be fantastic for Portugal, instead of Quim, the 2nd best goalkeeper in Liga Sagres, or even Rui Patricio, a rising talent. Then justified his choice with the "I want players with future in this team", but forgot that Deco, Duda and Paulo Ferreira aren't young enogh for his future. But even if his intention was good, then why didn't he called the U-21 team? They all have future, don't they? But his mistakes were far more than these. Instead of calling Ruben Amorim for the RB position where we are awful (we saw that today, I only saw Ricardo Costa running away from Villa), he decided to call Ricardo Costa and the promsing Paulo Ferreira. He called Rolando, an world-class player (who didn't play a single minute in the WC), when he had Carriço or even Gonçalo Brandao or Manuel da Costa available. He called Pedro Mendes when he had Carlos Martins and Deco when he had Joao Moutinho.

7. Lesson 7: Clouds arrived - And then Nani got injured. It was time to call a substitute. Who will we choose? Joao Moutinho, the only player he included in the provisional 30 who could make a position near to the United's 17? No, if a AMR/L is injured, let's call a RB/CM! Let's call Ruben Amorim. Queiroz tried to rectify his mistake in not including him in the 23, but he was late, as always. Better safe than sorry...

8. Lesson 8: Don't score! - As every other team in the World Cup, Queiroz decided not to risk anything, instead of attacking a fragile and disorganized Ivory Coast back line. And the result? A draw which could easily put us away of the tournament.

9. Lesson 9: Let's play! - And then the goals came. Just has Ronaldo said earlier trying to make a methapor, the goals were just like ketchup. They would arrive all the the same time. It was a shame that the ketchup ended that night. Or could I say... Queiroz had to much ketchup in the fries and decided to close the package. We beat N. Korea 7-0. The best exhibition I ever saw with Queiroz as manager. Not difficult, has a 2-0 score is a really good match. The game ended and everyone was confident in the team for the game next Friday against Brazil.

10. Lesson 10: A draw is enough...for now - Portugal entered Moses Madiba Stadium against a Brazil without Kaka, Robinho and Elano, three essential players for Dunga's tactic. However, why would we play with the best team Queiroz made? No, not at all, let's put Ronaldo as a striker, where he isn't so good, as he needs to be free in the field, and Duda as AML, while we had Simao or Coentrao for that position. Queiroz played for the draw, clearly, as it seemed to be the best result. After all, it is Brazil. But all Queiroz needed to do was to check the WC scheme and see that the draw wasn't that good. After all, Spain is an easy opponent...

11. Lesson 11: OMG! We lost! - Guess what. The draw we got against Brazil costed us the elimination with Spain. Once more, Queiroz didn't risk it, and subbed Hugo Almeida right when he was playing his best. And who will he put in? We need to win, it's obvious he'll put a striker. With CQ (Queiroz) nothing it's obvious. And so Danny entered, with Queiroz putting Ronaldo as striker (again -.-). And so we lost, against a team which isn't that good.

12. Lesson 12: Jewels of the Shame Crown - There were only two players who gave their best in this WC. One of them is Eduardo, who, in his first World Cup, was only beaten once, making a better WC than every other GK, unless Uruguay wins this tournament without conceeding any more goals. With fantastic and impossible defenses, I understand why he cried in the end of the match against Spain. His performances deserved more than this, a round of 16 where he got eliminated due to his team's carelessness. The other is Fabio Coentrao, who, after seven months playing as LB (his natural position is AML), is appointed as the best lateral defender in the WC. To them, congratulations.

13. Lesson 13: Ronaldo for Captain? - I wonder how much Nike had to pay so that they could had their n 1 figure as Portugal's captain. However, it defines quite well the team we had in the last years, a team which is only there for the money they might get, or the club offers they may receive. The World Cup is even more a storefront for the player's club lives, instead of being a cultural meeting, where the players do their best to get their flags to the top of the world.

Personal Confession - If at Euro 2012 we still have Queiroz in our bench, I won't be supporting my country. I'm sorry but I can't stand with him much longer. Any other manager, everyone else but him.

Last edited:
What many of you might not know is that it was Queiroz who, when Piqué returned from his loan at Juventus, said that he wasn't good enough for their team. What did we saw in the following season? Piqué playing an essential role in Barcelona, winning every competition he was at. Some say that Queiroz is good at judging players potential and capacity. We can now see that he isn't that good.

1. Pique never went to Juvenus. It was Zaragoza. He formed a good partnership with Milito and Carlos didnt say he was not good enough. He was let go as he wanted first team football at the time when we had world's best CB pair. And choice has to be made between Pique and Evans, SAF chose Evans and everyone know who is better for this league.
His players judgement is very good. He told Real Madrid to sign Pepe at the time they could have signed for 2M but ended up paying 25ME.

He is not a good Manager, but world class Assistant and his eye for talent is one of the best.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

What many of you might not know is that it was Queiroz who, when Piqué returned from his loan at Juventus, said that he wasn't good enough for their team. What did we saw in the following season? Piqué playing an essential role in Barcelona, winning every competition he was at. Some say that Queiroz is good at judging players potential and capacity. We can now see that he isn't that good.

1. Pique never went to Juvenus. It was Zaragoza. He formed a good partnership with Milito and Carlos didnt say he was not good enough. He was let go as he wanted first team football at the time when we had world's best CB pair. And choice has to be made between Pique and Evans, SAF chose Evans and everyone know who is better for this league.
His players judgement is very good. He told Real Madrid to sign Pepe at the time they could have signed for 2M but ended up paying 25ME.

He is not a good Manager, but world class Assistant and his eye for talent is one of the best.